Chapter 37 - Missing Fingers and Reliable Sources

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Paul,

Proof? Well, if someone is claiming a physical artifiact exists, such as a "light ball," then yes, I want at least a doggone photograph or twenty to start the process - they would have made hundreds of photographs if they were indeed studying such an artifact...although, come to think of it, I have been unhappy with my current cell phone carrier, but I digress.

Then there are hypotheses (theories) upon which the scientific method is based. One attempts to bring disparate peices of information (observed or known facts) together into a coherent theory of how things work. Proof is kind of an iffy word there - we have observed facts, but then we must make the possible connection between the observations in the form of a hypothesis. As we get more observations, we can adjust or strengthen our original hypothesis. I would at least expect a logical connection between facts.

Lots of theories out there, and theoretically, until every observation is known, they will remain theories, although our confidence level that a theory is a law can rise pretty high. Look at all of the theories we take for granted that are hypotheses at best and unproven - Grand Unified Theory, Big Bang Theory, Theory of Evolution, String Theory, and of course all the conspiracy theories (with my luck those are the only theories that will actually turn out to be correct in the end :roll: )

Andrew

PS - Trickfox - I would love to go to a natural hot springs up there. Just say where.
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

material thin????

Post by Victoria Steele »

I can see what you mean. I looked at what others (ugh) have written about Townsend Brown and starting with "he had a nervous breakdown" and left the Navy. I don't know what year that was but Moore has tried to link it with the Philadelphia Experiment (which he says happened in 1943)

He (and others drawing on his material) have said that it was because of TPX that mental glitch happened with Dr. Brown. Couldn't stand the moral strain they seem to say. I don't know but what I have learned about Townsend Browns make up so far from you, I doubt that claim.

So, I thought, surely you have more to say about his personal life to fill in the blanks.

I for one, would like to know when Josephine and Townsend got back together? I mean .... remarried ...... because I don't believe for myself that they were ever emotionally apart. Of course thats just my assumption. <g>

Then others seem to agree that he spent some time in Hawaii but nobody seems to know much more than that. Then there is talk about some sort of "Pearl Harbor Demonstration". What the heck was that all about?

After that, in the early fifties they mention " Winterhaven" and thats when LaViolette starts talking about stealth technology dervied from "Browns work"

Cook mentions Dr. Browns interest in "Flying Saucers" and then the article in "Intel" . What was that anyway ?.... an intelligence brief? They never seem to say much more than that. But all that material is out there.

Others mention his experiences at the "Bahnson Lab" in the east somewhere. Then there was a plane crash? Apparently an accident, and after that nobody really seems to know where he went or what he was doing.

But Paul. Look at the picture that you gave us of Dr. Brown pointing to the sky. Who is sitting next to him? And that person has been working along with you, supplying you with information? What kind of a boon is that? And the lady kept a journal? Oh my God! I think that Mikado struck the nail on the head squarely when he said "Linda Brown is the Nexus".

You seem to think that Dr. Brown just drops out of sight. But he apparently had dropped out of sight for others .... not for you ..... am I inventing things in my mind here? or do you see what I am talking about? You seem so fixated on what you DON't have and yet ..... its been there all along? Damn, a Lady with a journal! .... willing to share some intimate parts of it too ..... (I don't know if anyone could have gotten that from me. )

And I haven't even gotten to that semi dangerous gentleman in the Paris shot with Dr. Brown. Our own Mr. Twigsnapper.

Damn Paul. If you have ANYTHING more than what those yahoos have put out .....(and its so obvious that you do) you have got some interesting stuff for us! Patiently waiting on this end, Sure!

A hot springs? Nibble. Victoria
Last edited by Victoria Steele on Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Chris Knight wrote: PS - Mikado, Chris Knight is my handle. You had some of the facts correct, but the timeline was a bit off. The email Paul received the anonymous email four years ago or so wasn't sent by me - we weren't aware of Paul or his recent book, and we were content expanding the Brown Family website, although we ocassionally discussed the possibility of writing a book someday (not fully realizing how difficult a task it might be). In any case, I suspect Paul would keel-haul me if I were the one responsible for his current state of pressure :)
I humbly apologize if I offended.

After reading your post I decided to go and read all of Janosek's posts and his join date. I come back here to post a response and for some reason I can't find a reference to his name in this thread. Did I fugue into another dimension and pulled that name out of a hat?

For some reason I could have sworn I read in here that name but cannot find it. I know that I am not delusional so where did I see it? Did someone come in and edit your post?

Who is this Janosek? His 11 posts are very interesting, I would suggest that if anyone reads his posts they will see that he/she (I suspect he) has stated some very illuminating statements. He has eyes, he can see.

I....have..... a .......theory....brewing...Are you there Victoria?

PS. I never stated a timeline and also stated that there was a mystery person. As to a timeline, I believe it started a little over 20 years ago.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

ears wiggling

Post by Victoria Steele »

Of course here Mikado, with ears just wiggling away. Brewing?????? Victoria
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

mysterious timeline

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Mikado and Victoria,

May I join this little sub discussion group?

Almost twenty years ago you say, Mikado.

That would make it almost the time that Dr. Brown died. Or maybe more precisely, the time that he loaded material in his attache case and left for parts unknown.

Paul writes about this in his Prologue " Every Cabbie in Catalina"
https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity/prologue.html

Morgan meets Dr. Brown when his helicopter lands in Long Beach.

Is that the door that you are knocking on Mikado?

If its another, can I join you? There is much to be said about these "missing notebooks" I think. Of course that is really AFTER Dr. Browns death so will it apply to Pauls book? Mark C.
Last edited by Mark Culpepper on Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Mikado,

No, you're not delusional. I was thinking it was a Janoshek, but I can't say if it was him/her or not - it's been a few years, and I never saw the original email. I don't want to get anyone in hot water, so I felt I should edit it out (I have to make sure of my information as well, because I know Victoria is always vigilant). All I know is that the email was from an unknown party.

Andrew
Last edited by Chris Knight on Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Secret Identities

Post by Paul S. »

Chris Knight wrote:I don't want to get anyone in hot water, so I had to edit it out. All I can say is that the email was from an unknown party.
I think I actually identified "Janoshek" as the source of the original e-mail in the preface, or if not, then somewhere in the forums. In any event, I'm reasonably certain that is not the man's real name, so I think his actual identity remains concealed even if we refer to him by the 'screen name' he's used in this context. I don't see any need to censor that particular bit of information.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

links to missing notebooks

Post by ladygrady »

Hello,

Not new to these posts but I have been quiet for a long long time.

I thought that I would wade into the discussion about those "missing notebooks" after just rereading something that Trickfox wrote quite awhile ago

viewtopic.php?p=1817#1817

So, is it all that difficult to follow somehow the trail of those notebooks?
Or is that just a silly thought? grady
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: mysterious timeline

Post by Mikado14 »

Mark Culpepper wrote:Mikado and Victoria,

May I join this little sub discussion group?

Almost twenty years ago you say, Mikado.

That would make it almost the time that Dr. Brown died. Or maybe more precisely, the time that he loaded material in his attache case and left for parts unknown.

Paul writes about this in his Prologue " Every Cabbie in Catalina"
https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity/prologue.html

Morgan meets Dr. Brown when his helicopter lands in Long Beach.

Is that the door that you are knocking on Mikado?
If its another, can I join you? There is much to be said about these "missing notebooks" I think. Of course that is really AFTER Dr. Browns death so will it apply to Pauls book? Mark C.
Mark,

Your answers are as Follow:

1. Yes
2. yes, somewhere in that vicinity but I believe there was a plan in place further back.
3. Are you really sure that the missing books are after his death or did they get.....misplaced.....on purpose? (yes, I know, answer a question with a question, that is so uncouth)

And since I have you here, I believe in a post from awhile ago you mentioned something about Ashlawn. In the 60's, it was bordered by open fields and accessed off of Moore Rd. which ran between Conestoga Rd (401) and Sidley or was it Pickering and was bordered on the north by northwest corner by the Pennsylvania RR tracks sometimes referred to as the Great Valley branch that ran out of Phoenixville. Just thought this might help if anyone wanted to look it up on an old map.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Secret Identities

Post by Mikado14 »

Paul S. wrote:
Chris Knight wrote:I don't want to get anyone in hot water, so I had to edit it out. All I can say is that the email was from an unknown party.
I think I actually identified "Janoshek" as the source of the original e-mail in the preface, or if not, then somewhere in the forums. In any event, I'm reasonably certain that is not the man's real name, so I think his actual identity remains concealed even if we refer to him by the 'screen name' he's used in this context. I don't see any need to censor that particular bit of information.

--PS
Paul,

I will go out on a limb, won't be the first time I have ever done that, if the Janoshek you speak of is the same Janoshek that has posted here, and herrrrrreeeee it comes, a man sends you an Email and then joins the group a whole year after it is started? I could speculate but then I prefer to just look at a conundrum and ponder.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: links to missing notebooks

Post by Paul S. »

Hello grady, nice to see you again...
ladygrady wrote: I thought that I would wade into the discussion about those "missing notebooks" after just rereading something that Trickfox wrote quite awhile ago

viewtopic.php?p=1817#1817

So, is it all that difficult to follow somehow the trail of those notebooks?
Funny you should mention that, because I just recently re-read a message that discussed the final disposition of what we call the "black notebooks," the ones that Dr. B took with him when he left Catalina before he died.

All the message says is that they are "safe." Beyond that, there is no trail. At least, none that any of us can follow. Hmmm... well, maybe ONE of us...

--PS
Last edited by Paul S. on Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: Secret Identities

Post by Paul S. »

Mikado14 wrote: If the Janoshek you speak of is the same Janoshek that has posted here,
Fact is, only the handles are the same. There is NO way of knowing for sure if the person behind them is the same.
I could speculate but then I prefer to just look at a conundrum and ponder.
Speculation... conundrums... pondering.... yes, there's a lot of that around here...

I'm like Victoria though.... you've got a theory? Where's the little emoticon that's "all ears" ?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

many talents

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Ah, Mikado. You are a person of many talents.

So, may we hear your speculations? I have learned through the years to accept having my questions answered by questions.

Elizabeth
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Reflections of Biscayne Bay

Post by Mark Culpepper »

OK folks I am going to introduce something completely wierd to our conversation. Has anyone noticed that the chapter entitled " Reflections of Biscayne Bay" (CHAPTER 32) has had the most readers post into it? Now why is that? It sits out there like a magnet among the other Chapters. why?

Because maybe it says something important.

I am deducing that the words are particularly Morgans. Did anyone REALLY catch what was said at the end?

He was talking about a conversation that he was having with Dr. Brown........... "He said, "If it turned out that it would be possible to travel in time, what would you choose to do?" Of course I said " I'd go back and save my little sister" He just nodded and looked at the floor and , after a bit of a pause he said, " but, if there are some rules against that, some natural rules, what would you want to do? And all I could think to say was "I'd help whoever I would be allowed to help ..... and enjoy the adventure."............

(Now its my time to just jump right out there on that long thin limb.
Is anybody out there thinking the thoughts I am thinking? And please Paul. Of course I can't PROVE anything. But I have mentioned this before and you reacted without being negative to it. We are talking ..... time travel here? If it might have been possible IN MORGANS LIFETIME .... AND YOU CAN GO BOTH DIRECTIONS IN TIME .... THEN THE EFFECTS OF MORGANS "HELPING" WHEN HE WAS "ALLOWED" COULD BE SEEN AND APPRECIATED THROUGH HISTORY. Am I at least half assed theoretically right?)

Morgan continued ...... " Dr. Brown just smiled. I finally asked him, "Is time travel possible? and he very simply answered "Yes, I believe it is possible. In your lifetime"

Then Morgan continued ............."And suddenly I was compelled to say. I want to do that. Is there a list?" I was half kidding but only half. HE WAS NOT KIDDING AT ALL. YOU WILL BE ON THAT LIST, IF YOU WANT TO BE.

Morgan goes on to say ..... " and when I looked him in the eye I realized he was being dead serious. That was a life changing moment. After that there is no going home again."

Anybody out here on this limb with me? Or am I here all by my lonesome? Mark C.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: Reflections of Biscayne Bay

Post by Paul S. »

Mark Culpepper wrote:Morgan continued ...... " Dr. Brown just smiled. I finally asked him, "Is time travel possible? and he very simply answered "Yes, I believe it is possible. In your lifetime"
No negativity from me on this score, Mark.

As it's presently shaping up, my presentation in Las Vegas will revolve around selected chapter readings. This chapter might be a good one to use (near the end....)

Thanks,

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"