Chapter 37 - Missing Fingers and Reliable Sources

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

bells going off from all over

Post by Victoria Steele »

Oh, I can hear the bells going off from all over!

Your idea of reading parts and sections of the book in Vegas is WONDERFUL. Just look at what that has done to this little sample of humanity. (speaking of the diehards that we are here on the forum!)

And speaking of this thing being a "living breathing thing" ...... I just read something interesting that your assistant Elizabeth has just written on another forum post today. Her little comment about ""magic mules being out from under the control of the military now......... Can you tell us more about whatever it is she is referring to?

Is that what is happening here Paul? I can see that you will be talking about stuff that they (the military) actually have not much more control over here. Expecially if you adopt the sort of stand that these are simply your THEORIES about what the man was doing. They can't classify your information out from under you ....... can they?

And anyone want to tell me who these "magic mules" just might actually be? Victoria
grinder
Senior Officer

thinking outside my box

Post by grinder »

Now you have me thinking outside of my box.

Paul. Maybe the mere fact that you are running out of solid information on the surface is INTENTIONAL. Maybe you are meant to go into this second phase not talking about proof but talking about your own personal THEORIES.

What Victoria said just might really be true. What if the military decided that what you were presenting as FACT is a matter of national security? What would happen to your book then? I shudder to think.

Mikado said that he felt that there was a plan in place that started a long time ago and maybe, just maybe I am catching sight of it. Or I have gone off my rocker, or both?

IF DR. BROWN HAD SOME CONTROL OF EVENTS IN THE PAST TO EFFECT EVENTS IN THE FUTURE THEN HE WOULD KNOW WHAT WOULD BE NEEDED. He actually could have been supplying you with what you have needed, as you have needed it!

And Dr. Brown, if he was the genius I believe he was, above all others, would realize what the dangers of giving you too much information too soon. Information would have to flow to you in decidedly different ways. Unexpected ways. Ways that couldn't be seen by the normal military establishment. Then the toughest part would be for you to decide how to present that material to others THAT WOULD SOMEHOW PROTECT IT, BUT ANNOUNCE IT AT THE SAME TIME.

Showing up at a "Crashed UFO conference" really fits the bill. In fact , its BRILLIANT. Somebody else? Oh, I just can't wait! grinder
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Reflections of Biscayne Bay

Post by Mikado14 »

Mark Culpepper wrote:
He was talking about a conversation that he was having with Dr. Brown........... "He said, "If it turned out that it would be possible to travel in time, what would you choose to do?" Of course I said " I'd go back and save my little sister" He just nodded and looked at the floor and , after a bit of a pause he said, " but, if there are some rules against that, some natural rules, what would you want to do? And all I could think to say was "I'd help whoever I would be allowed to help ..... and enjoy the adventure."............

Mark C.
Finally, a piece. He does have eyes. Now, take it further.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: thinking outside my box

Post by Mikado14 »

grinder wrote:Now you have me thinking outside of my box.

Paul. Maybe the mere fact that you are running out of solid information on the surface is INTENTIONAL. Maybe you are meant to go into this second phase not talking about proof but talking about your own personal THEORIES.

What Victoria said just might really be true. What if the military decided that what you were presenting as FACT is a matter of national security? What would happen to your book then? I shudder to think.

Mikado said that he felt that there was a plan in place that started a long time ago and maybe, just maybe I am catching sight of it. Or I have gone off my rocker, or both?

IF DR. BROWN HAD SOME CONTROL OF EVENTS IN THE PAST TO EFFECT EVENTS IN THE FUTURE THEN HE WOULD KNOW WHAT WOULD BE NEEDED. He actually could have been supplying you with what you have needed, as you have needed it!

And Dr. Brown, if he was the genius I believe he was, above all others, would realize what the dangers of giving you too much information too soon. Information would have to flow to you in decidedly different ways. Unexpected ways. Ways that couldn't be seen by the normal military establishment. Then the toughest part would be for you to decide how to present that material to others THAT WOULD SOMEHOW PROTECT IT, BUT ANNOUNCE IT AT THE SAME TIME.

Showing up at a "Crashed UFO conference" really fits the bill. In fact , its BRILLIANT. Somebody else? Oh, I just can't wait! grinder
Red: They can do more than you think. In 1980 I lost a friend who just dropped off the earth. For twenty six years I have held a picture, his original phone number, which the phone company says never existed, and other items.

Green: Keep that thought. At some point, I will give my theory, however, it is more fun to watch others awake and see it. Give a man a fish, he eats today, teach him to fish, he eats tomorrow.

Blue: Oh my! This forum does have life! And grinder, the box is open......don't be afraid to go through it.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
grinder
Senior Officer

crumbs out there

Post by grinder »

Paul, hey ..... uplifted by not getting shot down (Thanks Mikado and others!) I have been thinking about this pretty hard all day. And a few things became apparent to me. call it that gut reaction or that little voice inside but this is what I have been hearing.

Mikado has been absolutely right! I believe that there has been a LONGSTANDING plan in action. And I think that Dr. Brown must have been very much in control of it. How do I know? Well, hang on, bumpy ride ahead!

Note what he says to Morgan after the initial meeting with the man they both referred to respectfully as Mr. X. It was a conversation regarding Dr. Browns own daughter, Morgans .... at that time, lover. " She NEEDS NOT TO KNOW" was the phrase that was used. (Chapter 38? Parallel Lives) https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... allel.html

And from what Paul has said consistently this whole experience of researching for this book has uncovered information that Linda DID NOT KNOW.

So she was KEPT in the relative dark. FOR ALL OF THESE YEARS?

and suddenly now her journals have and her first hand account are called into play by mysteriously generated research into her fathers life?

Did Linda contact you Paul, to write this book? I don't think so, but I want to be sure. What I am getting at is that she isn't the generating force here.

If we are considering that Dr. Brown was the mastermind of much of this then he would have also understood at some point Lindas participation would form the center key. Think about this. She is probably the ONLY person alive that could give Paul the linking information that he has needed to paint such a wonderful portrait of her father. I frankly don't think that was just a coincidence.

She kept a journal you said Paul. And because of that journal you doubt that memory vapors have distorted the picture. I have a simple question I would like to ask you and maybe it will tell the story. DID LINDA DECIDE TO KEEP THAT JOURNAL ON HER OWN? OR DID HER FATHER ENCOURAGE HER TO KEEP IT?

Is it possible that he knew ahead of time that those journals would play such an important part in all of this.

And yes, I know thats not a real strong case. But maybe its just ONE thing that shows some sort of precognition on his part. Are there other things Paul. Anything solid that he has written that would demonstrate this idea?

On a roll now...... Hope I don't make a pain of myself but I got the knickname "grinder" because of this tenacity. grinder
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: crumbs out there

Post by Paul S. »

Fabulous thread here kids.... inspiring...
grinder wrote:Paul, hey ..... uplifted by not getting shot down
I can relate to that... the harder part is knowing when you're being uplifted when you think you're getting shot down... <g>
Mikado has been absolutely right! I believe that there has been a LONGSTANDING plan in action.
Would that be the same as a multi-generational project?
And from what Paul has said consistently this whole experience of researching for this book has uncovered information that Linda DID NOT KNOW. So she was KEPT in the relative dark. FOR ALL OF THESE YEARS?
Roger that. I think there is still a great deal that is not crystal clear. Intuitively clear, perhaps, but not... yet... real.

Did Linda contact you Paul, to write this book?
I initiated the contact but it could not have gotten this far without her generous cooperation and collaboration. It's been a parallel journey for both of us.
I don't think so, but I want to be sure. What I am getting at is that she isn't the generating force here.
Maybe not the "iniating" force, but very much a generator... one of the engines. Lotta horsepower, too.
She is probably the ONLY person alive that could give Paul the linking information that he has needed to paint such a wonderful portrait of her father. I frankly don't think that was just a coincidence.
There are at least two others who have been equally supportive and resource-ful.
DID LINDA DECIDE TO KEEP THAT JOURNAL ON HER OWN? OR DID HER FATHER ENCOURAGE HER TO KEEP IT?
Cue the Twighlight zone theme here... The very first notebooks that Linda kept her journals in were given to her by... her father.
Is it possible that he knew ahead of time that those journals would play such an important part in all of this.
Is there any other conclusion that would make sense at this point?
Are there other things Paul. Anything solid that he has written that would demonstrate this idea?
Yes, I think it is safe to say that there are some other things that were "deliberately left" for me to find. Not sure yet when/how I'll get to discussing those things.
On a roll now...... Hope I don't make a pain of myself but I got the knickname "grinder" because of this tenacity. grinder
"Grind" is also the word in pidgen Hawaiin for "eat" or "food." This is, as they would say in Hawaii, "good grinds."

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Townsend's Own Words

Post by Paul S. »

OK grinder, eveybody...

That question you asked about Linda Brown's journals got me to sifting through my notes to find something. You know, half of this job is just remembering what I've got here. The half is finding it... but I've got a pretty good search and retrieval system going, and it just paid off.

Earlier this year, Linda and I were talking about her journals -- that's why it was fresh in my mind that her father had given her the first empty notebooks to write in (after Linda discovered that her grandmother had kept journals of her travels).

Anyway, I thought you might appreciate this, which is Linda quoting her father when he gave her those first journals:

"Its important to write things that happen as they happen because you will discover that time has a way of making you like a person at a blackboard -- who is writing with one hand and erasing with the other. At least with the journal, things will survive."

So, yeah, it sure looks like he knew what he was talking about on that score.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

gift notebooks

What a wonderful insight Paul! Of course! It makes perfect sense! Thankyou grinder!

What other way could you maintain security but still save things for the future? Give them to the person that you value the most. next to your devoted wife , then your equally devoted daughter!

This is my conclusion: Because she was not really informed of what was going on ...... (LINDA NEEDS NOT TO KNOW) Linda was safe from others prying into Townsend Browns world. And he meant to keep her that way. Then Morgan picked up the same impression. He said as much when the two of them started their romance at Ashlawn. Paul wrote that he had said that what Morgan felt for Linda was something to be "protected", not exploited" Something like that!

She wasn't told what was really happening but she was STILL EXPERIENCING everything AT THE VERY CORE OF HIS LIFE. And with that notebook under her arm I am thinking that she did a pretty good job of recording things that have been important for Paul now. He actually I believe (possibly, to others) set that up. Linda is what Mikado said .... She is the Nexus.

You know that I won't forget Morgan, scoundral that I know he must be! He is the male version of Townsend Browns safety system. And I believe he was the person that Dr. Brown handed all that information over to just before he died.

I find it painful to think that he was just a few miles away and apparently Linda never knew it. That breaks my heart.

But surely Paul thats not the end of their romance? Morgan has been speaking with you so surely he has reestablished communication with her too? Oh Jeeze, I just can't imagine what this whole deal has been like for either of them.

And again I agree with Mikado. I don't believe that they stayed apart. No matter what. Its the romantic in me. But I think that there was something lasting about their relationship. I just want to learn about all the particulars Paul..... waiting patiently .... for me!!!! Victoria
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Townsend's Own Words

Post by Mikado14 »

Paul S. wrote:

Anyway, I thought you might appreciate this, which is Linda quoting her father when he gave her those first journals:

"Its important to write things that happen as they happen because you will discover that time has a way of making you like a person at a blackboard -- who is writing with one hand and erasing with the other. At least with the journal, things will survive."

So, yeah, it sure looks like he knew what he was talking about on that score.

--PS

Don't lose track of the era. Townsend Brown was from the old school. They didn't have computors or blackberries or whatever. Dr. Brown was methodical and a scientist. It was common practice 80 years ago to keep a journal or notebook. It was SOP and sometimes they were referred to as "Lab Books". "Time" that he refers to is his memory. I believe Dr. Brown was a man who's mind never stopped. He NEEDED to have a journal. Further more, that or those journals represented more than you realize, they were his thoughts, his ideas they were.....him.

In short, when the journals were written, he did not know the impact that his notes would have, it was later.
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

by his sude

Mikado.

Of course he kept lab note books but he also was aware that in his world most of what would be written would be "erased" by other sources. Even by himself, perhaps. Its the nature of the beast as you have said.

I submit for your consideration that Townsend Brown did have a recording device available to him and he recognized its value. He kept it by his side .... protected it during his life and made sure that it was protected later on. Some people are ahead of blackberries. Victoria
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

things left to find

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Paul,

You said that you believed that Dr. Brown deliberately left things for you to find. Maybe thats the most interesting phrase that you have used so far. Can you go into that more? What sort of things would he have left for you? I note that you believe that he left things particularly for YOU.

And I believe you. I just wondered if the things that he left behind were solid hints to what his life was really like, to help you understand.

I was left a special knife that was wrapped in a note. The note said that my father loved me and felt that someday I would understand. And thanks to you and Mr. Twigsnapper, I have begun to.

So can you talk about the solid things left behind for you? Mark C.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Oh, what the hell...

Post by Paul S. »

I'm getting ahead of myself here, but, I'm so far behind it's starting to look like forward to me so...
Mark Culpepper wrote:You said that you believed that Dr. Brown deliberately left things for you to find. Maybe thats the most interesting phrase that you have used so far. Can you go into that more? What sort of things would he have left for you? I note that you believe that he left things particularly for YOU.
The particular item I was thinking of when I made that statement was a page from a 1960s patent for a Farnsworth-style, inertial electrostatic confinement (IEC) nuclear fusion reactor. A "desktop fusion" reactor, if you will, like the kind they're experimenting with over at http://fusor.net

If any of you have read my Farnsworth bio, you'll know instantly why that might be significant to me; why it would have been significant to Dr. Brown, well, that's a subject for some very intriguing speculation.

As Morgan might say... what do you think??

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

maybe this is why

Post by Mark Culpepper »

I won't pretend to understand the fusion technology but this was apparently one of your major interests during and after your research on Philo Farnsworths life.

And maybe thats exactly why these mysterious forces picked you Paul for this new project. What is it exactly that is the common golden thread? What was Dr. Brown doing in the early sixties?

Perhaps their paths crossed? Electrostatic constainment? Is that something that Dr. Brown would have had a hand in?And you said that you felt he left you information to go on? Hummmmm. Mark C.
grinder
Senior Officer

taking notice

Post by grinder »

First, notice that Paul posted this chapter exactly a year ago. Its probably worth taking a moment and rereading it carefully,

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... urces.html

You were pretty upset I think about having a preconceived notion knocked sideways . You thought that you had been told that Dr. Brown lost his finger during that activity in Germany. Suddenly the lady in Zanesville supplied you with another version of apparently how Dr. Brown lost his finger ..... and it looks like it took the wind out of your sails.

But now Paul, after you finally got to that period of time in Germany and it was more carefully explained that the scientist that was mentioned was NOT YOUR scientist .... as you had assumed. There was more story there to the story!

I guess your sources had to let it happen that way because you hadn't done the work yet that you needed to do to tell the story that you told months later? Are we watching this sort of mentoring that you have been subjected to? Where one thing slowly unfolds into another? Why didn't they tell you straight up right away? I think that you got pissed at them for not telling you more. Like they kept you outside of the club door?

But wait. Would you have believed your sources? Seems to me that you were sort of going through a crisis here, Who to believe? who to believe?

I think that I have said it before but if I had a source that I REALLY trusted then if he presented material that he was willing to stand behind from wherever, then I would believe it, because I believed him. But thats not the conclusion that you reached. You questioned the whole deal. If I were your information givers at that point I think I might have said "Whoa , hold up here'"

Ever consider that the people you were dealing with knew that you were , whats a good word ... waffling? in your trust toward them? Maybe they thought that you would break down, bail out? If so, and they had handed you a bunch of material ahead of time would that then have been suddenly in the wrong hands? Better to let information out slowly as it is needed ( and worked for?)

So, I wonder what that other source that you never got to meet thinks of the story so far. I would bet that he is pleased. But it was not an overnight process was it? grinder
grinder
Senior Officer

so damned brilliant.

Post by grinder »

OK folks.

I have been reading over some of the things I have written on this particular thread and I just realized that I am just too damned brilliant. I MEAN THAT HONESTLY. THESE WORDS ARE TOO DAMNED BRILLIANT FOR ME. Oh, I know I typed them. but I didn't actualy understand them until just now.

Meaning. I have been seeing things, and writing things that were beyond me actually. And what is REALLY spooky at a distance is that I didn't even realize it UNTIL JUST NOW. Understand what I am trying to say?

humor me and you will see what I mean. Try rereading this little exchange.
viewtopic.php?p

viewtopic.php?p=2211#2211

Thats whats been happening here folks. The information has been finding its way slowly through all of us. IN THE FULLNESS OF TIME. That Paul said was one of his favorite sayings and thats so true. Stuff that didn't make any sense to us a year ago ( but we still wrote about it, not even knowing what we were actually saying.) Do you see that this has been an excercise in SHOWING US that it was Dr. Brown after all. Look at what you say Paul about being left pieces of information. You KNOW that its Dr. Brown doing this, don't you? Or is it still beyond your event horizon?

Going to go sit down. Have had a busy mental night. grinder