Chapter 36 - The "Do You Love Me?" Panic of '65

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Re: Just read this one

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

Radomir wrote: Am I serious? There are other things I want to know, scads of things, that I want to know much more fiercely, but this topic at least seems like something that might actually be divulged...with little risk and perhaps with some shared enthusiasm.

R.
Welcome, Radomir.
I know, this should go in the welcome wagon section, but I wanted to put my two cents in about the scads of things you wanted to know.
JOIN THE CLUB.
If you read through ALL the forums, you'll see that there is an endless list of things people want to know.
I appreciate your need for kowing more to add dimensionality to the
story(ies). I agree, and I am pleased to see that Mr. Twigsnapper obliged for you.

You are fortunate. You don't live under the same roof of a wanna-be Townsend Brown scientist. He's known more than anyone every has, and only now is starting to share some of it with me and with the members of Paul's gang. I am the epitome of "wanting to know more". I appreciate the input that Morgan and Twigsnapper have provided. But I know that it is impossible to "know it all". But whever possible, we can always ask for more detail.

When I was in graduate school, I dated a fellow who raced motorcycles. Put it in my blood now. Someday, I'd like to learn and own one. Preferably a Yamaha or Kawasaki :wink:

Anyways, nice to hear your thoughts.

Linda Bolland, aka LongboardLOVELY
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Radomir
Senior Cadet

What gets in the blood

Post by Radomir »

Linda & Mark thanks for both of your replies.

Mark, as regards horse stuff, actually my wife did all of her riding when she was younger, practicing a somewhat obscure sport called Vaulting. Then after college she researched stable-culture for shetland and similar breeds in the several countries of the North Atlantic. I'm sure she'll want to get back into it again when the kids are a little older. But for now no trailer no truck...

You also wrote:
And a thought on my end. If a call was put out today? What form do you think it would render itself, given the parameters? Look hard again Radomir. The answer is right in front of you. Mark C.
Yes, that had occurred to me as one way such a call-cum-self-selection effect might manifest. I have to admit it's very pleasant company and the work that has been accomplished so far has been tremendous. That doesn't stop me from wanting to be involved closely enough with such work for it to become my 'day job'...

Linda, you wrote:
You are fortunate. You don't live under the same roof of a wanna-be Townsend Brown scientist.
Fortunate or doubly-cursed I are a wanna-be-TTB scientist. Or more exactly, and as they used to be called in the Victorian era, gentleman experimentalist, having had no formal scientific training. Havin' loads of fun, though.
I am the epitome of "wanting to know more". I appreciate the input that Morgan and Twigsnapper have provided. But I know that it is impossible to "know it all". But whever possible, we can always ask for more detail.
Yes, yes, the questions are part of the thirst, and once that gets in the blood, well, we're not good for much else. I'm not complaining, just echoing and affirming the positive addiction to such knowledge.

Some day soon I'll have specific questions for that husband of yours. I'm still reading through the technical posts and don't want to ask until I know whether the questions have already been answered.

Regards and thanks again,

R.
Bulwark
Space Cadet

Moved on

Post by Bulwark »

I thought tonite that I would read some more of the book. Twilight is about and as the pilot would say, its VFR. While reading this chapter an old girlfriend came to mind. A cold night and a lonely one at that. I know most of you have been where I am tonight: the crash site of unrequited love. You've asked yourself, how did I get here? What was it about--was it her smile, Was it the way she crossed her legs, the turn of her ankle? The poignant vulnerability of her slender wrists? What are these elusive and ephemeral things that ignite passion in the human heart?

That's an age-old question; it's perfect food for thought on a "dark and not stormy night". But, you said it best, Will: "Love looks not with eyes but with the mind, And therefore is wing'd Cupid painted blind." Yeah, that's what it is as I reach for that cup of Joe and fly away on those wings.

Bulwark