Questions about "Charles"

Here is where we focus on separating the facts from the fiction, identifying what we KNOW from what what we DON'T KNOW about the life and work of Townsend Brown
htmagic
Senior Officer

Re: Questions about "Charles"

Post by htmagic »

I have a question, actually two.
The first one is what was Charles Miller's middle name? Linda, and/or Mr. Twigsnapper, do you know?

The second question is, Is this the same 'Miller' that Thomas Townsend Brown records in Notebook #4 in 2 places?
The first instance is on Pg. 35:
Are we possibly talking about ether drift? I am no sure that there is no ether drift. Certainly, the long labors of Miller have never been contradicted by valid experiment.
The second instance is on Pg. 130:
If this phenomenon is indicative of an ether flow (from the south --- ref. Miller interferometer observations), a metallic casing may "kill" the effect. It is best, for the moment, to utilize the Plexiglass casing alone.
OK, I think I might have just answered my own question. I noticed in Notebook #2, Pg. 50, we apparently have a different 'Miller'.
In this connection, it is interesting to note that the Dayton C. Miller observations with the interferometer, both in Cleveland and on Mt Wilson, show minima at 16h ST. And this brings to my mind the statement made by Dr Miller in Cleveland, when he looked at our electrometer records, that they are "inverted".
Now I got excited because of the "C" in his middle name may be Charles, but it really is Clarence.
Dead end there unless the 2 were related.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dayton_Miller
Now Dr. Miller was an advocate of aether theory and absolute space and an opponent of Albert Einstein's theory of relativity. He apparently had performed 'ether drift computations' according to Dr. Brown.

Well, this wasn't Charles Miller but it was a 'Miller' and also referenced by Dr. Brown.

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
htmagic
Senior Officer

Re: "The Missing Years"

Post by htmagic »

Paul S. wrote:What occurs to me as I read all this is that we are talking about the period that Linda and I refer to as "The Missing Years."

I have deliberately skipped over the period from 1958 to 67 when "No Notes Were Taken." I have occasionally made notes for a chapter that I might drop in somewhere near the end called "The Missing Years" which would attempt to recap what we do know of Dr. Brown's movements and activities during those years, some of which Linda has alluded to above.
<SNIP>
So, I dunno, I may yet go back and do something with those years. Perhaps it would make more sense to do so when I've somehow managed to assemble some insights that would answer the riddles, rather than repeat them.

Absent that, though, those 9 years serve a much more dramatic purpose having gone completely "missing."

--PS
Paul,

I just happened to be at this site and viewed the first video.
http://www.qualight.com/hydro/avi/king1.avi

Now James Frank King said they started hunting for Brown in 1957. Then he and Agnew Bahnson worked with Brown in the Bahnson laboratory. So was this the start of the 'missing years', in the Bahnson laboratory? We know Dr. Brown went to France and wasn't that in the same time frame?

MagicBill
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Happy to answer that one MagicBill.

Charles Wyatt Miller ... I think I have spelled the middle name right. Somehow that doesn't look quite right. He always signed his name C W Miller ... or C Wyatt Miller. And if you look closely you may find his name as a witness on some of the notebooks posted.

Not the same as Dayton Miller but I think you already figured that one out.

Looking for a picture too.

The only thing that he ever told me about himself was that he was born in Mississippi. I never heard anything about his family except that during the Nassau trip he always " phoned home" each Sunday. I discovered just a few months ago that he was actually " phoning home" to Mr. Twigsnappers organiztion! so I guess I knew even less about him than I thought.

Answering your other questions. Dad moved to Florida directly after returning from France in 1956. At least he didn't come back to live with us in Leesburg and we did not see him again until Mother and I moved to Umatilla Florida in the spring of 1957. Dad moved to Walkertown NC and began work at the Bahnson Lab that fall. We spent several months apart but then Mom and I joined Dad in April of 1958 (great memories, first horse, log cabin) .... spent until October 1958 and then moved back to Leesburg for a couple of months ... then Alexandria Virginia .. Work, I understand continued at the Bahnson lab but without Dads input after September 1958 and I have always felt that the work became sort of rudderless, (but that is my biased opinion.) I believe that is when he penned the statement " No notes were taken" in his notebook.

Paul is right when he says that the story is pretty much the same... many moves ... no information... apparently no results for his work...????... and I think that he is actually right in leaving it all as a deep dark hole. But someday perhaps there will be enough information gathered to make a wonderful statement for those nine years. Maybe attempting it now is just too premature. More frustrating than anything anyway. Does that help? Linda
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Thank you, Linda.

Sometimes if you define the edges of the hole, you can better see where it starts and ends. The missing years where 'no notes were taken' were probably where all those extra notebooks removed from the safe came from. But what Dr. Brown was doing all those years is anybody's guess. Unless someone pulls up some classified documents with T. Townsend Brown's name on it, I'm afraid we will be doing a guessing game. Although the people on this forum are pretty good at pulling information out of rabbit holes! :wink:

"Gee Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!"

MagicBill
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

htmagic wrote:
Mikado14 wrote:Okay, if the picture of Charles Miller with his arms folded doesn't ring a bell, how about the one with leaning against a car?

Cripes, if this doesn't ring a bell then just consider me to be like the crazy Dalek in the Season Finale of Dr. Who that was just on the SciFi channel.

Mikado
And that was one good episode!
And has nothing to do with Charles Miller.

MagicBill
You are absolutely right, my last sentence has nothing to do DIRECTLY with Charles Miller but has everything to do with me remembering a picture of him and a comment about myself as to that memory.
Thanks for you damn insights into my mind. You really should hire someone to cut the trees out of your line of sight so that you may see the forest.

and now....

I am just going to shut the F**K up about anything I see. Except when you F**k up on your theory.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

Thanks for the video link, Magic.
i wonder what they had read that made them decide TTB was their propulsion man? Our collective hasn't turned up much about him from that time frame.

Wasn't it in the spring of 1957 when he noted that lift was improved in the presence of cesium. An interesting tidbit of knowledge which may or may not have been useful to him in his new job. And then, if John Lear is right, something very significant happened in July....meaningful enough to get circled on the calendar....

And then the first U.S. Satellite goes into orbit on Jan 31, 1958 and our Renaissance scientist goes underground for nine years. However, an expost facto e-mail report to Dennison College associates him with Meadville, PA and satellites and communications.

Do you suppose did the shared ET/UFO dream experience of Linda and her Dad has some relevance to what was unfolding during that time?

pondering rose
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
Rose
Senior Cadet

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHARLES, EITHER

Post by Rose »

Historical Background of the Space Program in that time frame:

In early 1958, a few months after the Soviets launched the first Sputnik, President Eisenhower authorized a top-priority reconnaissance satellite project jointly managed by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and the U.S. Air Force. It was to launch into orbit a camera-carrying spacecraft that would take photographs of the Soviet Union and return the film to Earth.

The secret spy satellite was dubbed Corona by the CIA. To disguise its true purpose, it was given the cover name Discoverer and described as a scientific research program.

From 1960 to 1972, more than 100 Corona missions took over 800,000 photographs. As cameras and imaging techniques improved, Corona and other high-resolution reconnaissance satellites provided increasingly detailed information to U.S. intelligence analysts.

http://www.nasm.si.edu/exhibitions/gal1 ... sec420.htm
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: "The Missing Years"

Post by Paul S. »

htmagic wrote:Now James Frank King said they started hunting for Brown in 1957. Then he and Agnew Bahnson worked with Brown in the Bahnson laboratory. So was this the start of the 'missing years', in the Bahnson laboratory? We know Dr. Brown went to France and wasn't that in the same time frame?
According to my chronology, the trips to France were in the summer of 1955 and late winter, 1956.

The Bahnson/Walkertown NC period started in the spring of 1958.

There maybe a slight overlap between the end of Dr. Brown's engagement at the Bahnson labs in the fall of 1958, and the beginning of "The Missing Years," which according to the next entry in the notebooks began in October 1958 and ran until October 1957.

These events are all inter-related, somehow, particularly the sries of events that begins with the return of "The Set" just before he leaves for France in the summer of 1955, and the formation of NICAP beginning shortly after his return.

And then we run headlong into "The Missing Years."

See how well that works? He we are, already at the bottom of a rabbit hole, and suddenly, in the darkness... we go off a cliff!

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Surely anyone in Mr twigsnappers employ would not use their actual name?
What does this name resonate with?
Charles Wyatt Miller.
I don't know, but charles seems awfully English?
Wyatt is more American, and Miller is from someone who milled wheat, or Glen Miller, he did go missing.
I reckon they will have used names that mean't something about them.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
htmagic
Senior Officer

Re: THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHARLES, EITHER

Post by htmagic »

Rose wrote:Historical Background of the Space Program in that time frame:
<SNIP>
From 1960 to 1972, more than 100 Corona missions took over 800,000 photographs. As cameras and imaging techniques improved, Corona and other high-resolution reconnaissance satellites provided increasingly detailed information to U.S. intelligence analysts.
And Rose, please see my post in another area about the Nike missile program.
https://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 163#p17163

MagicBill