POLANSKI DAYS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

ONE ANSWER WORKS

Post by twigsnapper »

Trickfox,

The answer is YES to every single question you just asked. (but you knew that already)

Twigsnapper
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

turn around

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Hey guys,

I turn around and look at the bunch of interesting messages I missed!

And Trickfox. I don't mean to smile too broadly, but you had to have realized when you asked that last question of Mr. Twigsnapper...( or actually a set of questions, paraphrasing here of course) " Will my work be accepted? or will I be marginalized and ridiculed?"

You had to know that his response would be " YES."

Now you can see what we (Paul especially but me too!!!!) have been going through for the last couple of years. You just gotta smile!

But, You sure asked alot of interesting questions that have my ears wagging ..... "MOP? ..... OLD CROWS? ...... Intermediate Frequency Oscillator?"

And did you realize what was going on when you were asking Mr. Twigsnapper questions that YOU needed to answers for?

..... you were broadcasting to him WHAT YOU ALREADY KNEW ......... So .... in that transaction .... who do you think learned the most?. Again, I can't help but smile.

Well, I think that whole exchange helped me personally! I suddenly learned Trickfox that I can ask YOU questions about Peter Wright !.....

So how about it? Can you tell me the answers to ANY of my questions, based on the questions you needed answered from Mr. Twigsnapper? Talk about a convoluted path! I am interested though in your OLD CROWs question especially ..... unless .... You don't want to go any farther with that discussion? Gee, this is fun!

Always nice to see your name up there. Always a challenge.<g>

Elizabeth
Trickfox
The Magician

THE LOOKING GLASS

Post by Trickfox »

That whole series of thoughts were seen through the looking glass.

Peter Wright's toys is a reference point for me. It seperates the amateurs from the big boys. I have never touched or seen some things but I only hear rumors. For me to cement the foundation of reality in the character of Mr. twigsnapper, I am being careful to speak of historically know issues and rumours, so that I can get a reflection of this real person which we shall some day all eventually know by his name as it shall be written in Paul's book. More and more, our friend Mr Twigsnapper shows himself to be a supreme strategist by allowing me to confirm all my fears and hopes in one word.

YES,

Go forth !
Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

KIM

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Again, Trickfox, your "go forth!" message reminds me , in a very strange way, of my father. Before he disappeared from our lives he used to sit at the kitchen table with me and my brother. This was the age where Adamski and his "scout ships" were being talked about alot. My brother used to try to copy the design on paper napkins, anything he could get his hands on. There was just something fascinating about the design to him. Course I don't know if any of that early lore about what Adamski claimed was true or not. It got more and more fanstastic and I eventually tuned out. But my brother was sure "drawn" to that design.

But that was one of the first times that my Dad quoted out of Kim to me.

My brother wanted to know stuff about "flying saucers" but he didn't want to ask anybody because he didn't want people to think he was a nut case. He complained to Dad and Dad simply said "Those who beg in silence, starve in silence" It was such a way out and strange quote that I didn't even recognize it until much, much later when I ran into it in the pages of "Kim".

And I don't even know why I got on to this topic. It doesn't fit in with this topic. Or does it? Things are so strangely connected in my life right now I just put stuff out there to see if there is the sound of a bell ringing somewhere! Mark C
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

quotes from Kim

Post by Victoria Steele »

Mark C, Trickfox, Elizabeth and of course Mr. Twigsnapper.

Mr. Twigsnapper, Trickfox seems to think that as this book that Paul is writing proceeds we will all learn more and more about your identity and perhaps even your real name. Maybe we will learn more, but I don't think that we are ever going to learn your real name, are we?

But I notice things. I have noticed how you have given Mark C information about his father that no one else perhaps would know. And I see you encouraging both Paul and know Mark, in this idea of writing about both Dr. Brown and Marks father. I know that Mark asked "bluntly" as he put it ...."WHO ARE YOU?" and I really don't think we are going to learn that unless we uncover it ourselves right?" those who beg in silence, starve in silence?" Oddly that saying has meant a great deal to me in the past .... something personal about wanting things from a partner .... needing things from that partner but suffering in silence and emotionally starving. I recognized that phrase as being very important . And by the way Paul, that saying which we are talking about was used by Kipling but he did not originate it. Its ancient Sanskrit. uh ... where was I? Oh

So do I have to open a new post maybe called .....NAMES? .... because it is getting kind of obvious to me that people in Mr. Twigsnappers line of work must use an assortment of them and if we go along assuming that Dr. Brown ALWAYS WAS MENTIONED AS BROWN we are going to miss the person named SMITH or JONES or something like that.

So can I guess one of the names, Mr. Twigsnapper, that you have used in the past. How about Kimball Ohara. See, Mark, I have read Kipling too. Victoria
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

ah, Kim

Post by twigsnapper »

Jumping right in here with a discussion of KIM, though it seems out of place Paul, really it is not, as Mark has pointed out.

"Those who search bags with knives may presently search bellies with knives", an observation by a street smart kid who knew suddenly that the business he found himself in could get very nasty, very quickly and it was important for him to SEPARATE his "charge" (that ,in the book, was the wise man from Tibet) from the dangers that he knew existed in his life. Important for him to keep certain individuals safe from harm.

Kims best ability was the ability to blend into the crowd and he utilized the knowledge. He looked too poor to rob, yet Kim carried vastly important intelligence with him at all times. In Kims case it was an amulet he wore on a strong cord around his neck. You might look carefully at the material you have in front of you now Paul and you will see certain similarities coming up very quickly in your story. How was Townsend Brown going to keep his loved ones safe?

And yes, Victoria, names are just names ,a rose, however........ Twigsnapper
grinder
Senior Officer

seeing an odd connection

Post by grinder »

Hello everybody,

I have just been standing on the sideline. Watching these comments flash past. and I never thought that I would be placed in this position here but I feel like some kind of book reviewer. Only this is in like, real time. How absolutely strange is that.

Mark, did you notice the information that Mr. Twigsnapper has offered you? (That the character of Kim operated in a dangerous world but was possessed of valuable information. He looked poor (and was) therefore no one robbed him. Yet he carried an amulet around his neck which held all the secrets of his knowledge and his birthright.) (my teachers would be so proud of me, just listen to this review of material. I am so damned smart <g>!) so here is my thought.

You asked of Mr. Twigsnapper "Who are you?" and I ask of Mr. Twigsnapper "What are you trying to tell us here, without naming exact names?"

Its pretty obvious to me that the character of Kim is reminiscent to Mr. Twigsnapper of Morgan as Paul has introduced him. Which tells me ( a little reverse information gathering on my own here ), that Mr. Twigsnapper actually knows Morgan. Why else would he draw that association to our attention?

And Paul has said all along that he has had "help" putting this information together so that he could get as far as he has gotten.

So, its pretty obvious to me that he has been speaking to Morgan, the information about the personal stuff is just great (quadratic equations!!!) and now slowly but surely Mr. Twigsnapper has been establishing his position within the story too. I don't know where yet but Paul is definitely listening to him. (As we all should be I think, did you catch that last ..."Peace grows out of the barrel of a gun" bit, gives me the chills but I know in my heart that he is absolutely right. We live in such a sometimes shamefully civil world we forget what it could be like. And in many parts of the world IS LIKE.

So where are we all going with this, I wonder?

And why have we been invited along I wonder? I know that we want them (Morgan and Twigsnapper) because we are curious about the story. But what does a man like Mr. Twigsnapper want from us?

The readers on this forum? Now theres an interesting question. Anybody? grinder
Trickfox
The Magician

Mr. Twigsnapper is the master of rabit holes.

Post by Trickfox »

Funny Thing Grinder

I seem to understand exactly what Mr twigsnapper's agenda is but then, this is a subjective point of view, so it's biased and Sir Twigsnapper is really my own personal hero in this book.

He is master of the rabit hole (the Quest) and controller of his own timeline.

He has a stereo three dimensional view of past present and future.

From this point of view participation in an "open book in progress" is both courageous, and outstanding and I myself have asked too much of him allready.

Sir we are priveledged to hear from you.

Thank you!

Raymond
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

more dimensions

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Grinder and Trickfox,

I believe that Mr. Twigsnapper has several agendas running all at once. Like spinning plates, and he somehow has the expertise and the passion to keep all of them going. Someone cloaked so in secrecy I imagine many people would be leery of. After all. Just WHO is this man? But I judge a persons character by his actions and I have had to judge Mr. Twigsnapper by the words that he has used to communicate with us all.

Now, maybe Paul is different. Perhaps he has met the man. But I only have the words. But I think that we have both reached the same conclusion. We like this person.

And so far, Mr. Twigsnapper has been very caring in my direction. He chose to share with me information that I have since been able to verify through other sources (once he was kind enough to give me hints as to where to look) I would never have discovered all this information about my Dad without his help and I believe that he knew it.

So I have reason to thank you again Mr. Twigsnapper, SIR. Mark C