POLANSKI DAYS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

POLANSKI DAYS

Post by Victoria Steele »

Paul,

And you think I am going to buy that?

Heres the real deal.

You have had a very nice vacation I hope. Reef fish and all that.

Then you had some travelling to do and some respects to pay.

Now you finally get home and sit down and know that things are going to get harder (How long have you known that? Always).... where was the "flow" that was with you before your vacation?

Now heres the deal. The "flow" looks gone. Thats what you are trying to tell yourself. The project is harder now and you are trying to buy some wiggle room by telling all of us that there just might be some Polanski days.

OK. Heres what I think.

You took time off and your Muses just found something else to do for awhile and it just might take some effort (which I know you are willing to put out) to get that creative flow going again.

So, I buy the fact that you need another couple of days because you are behind by that much. But I don't buy the Polanski bit. I don't believe that the Creator would ever say that to a willing vessel. Thats what Polanski says when he tries to explain where he is where he is. Its not the truth.

I love your work. Victoria
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

right on

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Paul,

You know that Victoria is right, don't you?

You don't need LESS posts now. You need MORE posts. In fact I suggested in another section that you should actually be considering ANOTHER book because there is obviously too much rich stuff here to cover in just one. And I am only saying this because its just so damned obvious.

I sympathize with you. Its got to be terribly hard. BUT If Townsend Browns story had been meant to all that easy it would have just floated to the surface and all this material would already be on the shelves.

And you know, Victoria is right. The Creator is at work here .... I am speaking from personal experience here ....

watching how things have unfolded regarding the information that "flowed" my way regarding my Dad and his knife. And the most amazing thing has happened! My teenage daughter has become fascinated in all of this and has proposed that the two of us write about her Grandfathers experiences! Now you have to understand, if it hadn't been for your book Paul, we would never even have had this chance.

I don't know if a book will ever actually take form. But the time that she and I are spending just TALKING about the possibility of a book .... thats worth so much to me I can't even explain it to you.

And I doubt that I will get too far, unless I can steal Elizabeth from you.

But back to Victoria. I don't buy into the Polanski Days excuse either. The Creator isn't saying "Nothing for you today Polanski" Its just Polanski saying that. And like she said. Thats not the truth. I have discovered one thing. We are all looking for the truth and Paul, admit? There it is. Mark C.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

I Guess You Had To Be There

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote:And you think I am going to buy that?
Actually, I was just hoping you would laugh at it.
Now you finally get home and sit down and know that things are going to get harder (How long have you known that? Always)...
Yup.
You took time off and your Muses just found something else to do for awhile and it just might take some effort (which I know you are willing to put out) to get that creative flow going again.
Precisely what I meant to convey.
So, I buy the fact that you need another couple of days because you are behind by that much. But I don't buy the Polanski bit. I don't believe that the Creator would ever say that to a willing vessel. Thats what Polanski says when he tries to explain where he is where he is. Its not the truth.
You are right, of course, but it seemed funny at the time.

Maybe it'd have been better to call it a "Mulligan Day." Any golfers out there?

I love your work.
And I sincerely appreciate that. I hope you know how sincerely I say that.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Not Waiting for Letterman's Call

Post by Paul S. »

Mark Culpepper wrote:I sympathize with you. Its got to be terribly hard. BUT If Townsend Browns story had been meant to all that easy it would have just floated to the surface and all this material would already be on the shelves.
I remind myself of that every day.
And you know, Victoria is right. The Creator is at work here .... I am speaking from personal experience here ....
"And the Lord works in mysterious ways." I just wanted to provide you all with some insight into how he/she's been working in my life this week.

My teenage daughter has become fascinated in all of this and has proposed that the two of us write about her Grandfathers experiences!
That is outstanding! Don't hesitate... go for it. A rewarding experience for both you and your daughter. What a fabulous opportunity! I'm excited for you.

And I doubt that I will get too far, unless I can steal Elizabeth from you.
Seems to me she's already working with you... in an, uh... mysterious way...
I don't buy into the Polanski Days excuse either.
It wasn't intended as an excuse. It was intended as a joke.

Guess I'm the only one who gets it. I guess I better stick to writing history.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

OK, OK

Post by Victoria Steele »

So you didn't catch the fact that I was laughing too? Funny man!

I just wanted to convey that I sure understand (I think) what you are going through. At least I hope I am perceptive enough for that. And , even though you SAY you were hoping that we would all would take your attitude as a JOKE .... You must have approached that conclusion with some reservations. You know for instance that I for one do not give writers much leeway. I expect alot from you guys. And when I see a really good story unfolding .... I want to see MORE, not LESS.

You are going where nobody has been able to go. AND IF I HAVE TO I will make myself content waiting for the next installment.

But I do believe Paul that there is something rare and wonderful at work here and just maybe it doesn't work on our human timeframes! So you and I agree on that and I trust (with laughter here) that you will be as anxious to get something out for us to read as we all are to read it.

I just think that things may go quicker than you are thinking right now. Good to be prepared for lapses .... better to be prepared lst for great bursts. Like those silly ballplayers. Give them a magical field and they will show up! .... and its better not to have a sign on the field that says (open only on Thursdays) .

Hey, I told you I could be a royal pain. Victoria
Madison
Space Cadet

tough crowd

Post by Madison »

Paul, boy, Looks like you have a tough crowd out there.

I remember Barney Miller. Was one of my favorite shows, especially the character Fish, or however his name was spelled.

I have a simple question. Well, sort of. When do we get to "flying saucers?" I know that seems strange to ask, but really its not.

Isn't that what alot of people think of when they hear the name Townsend Brown? Flying Saucers , anti-gravity and The Philadelphia Experiment?.

Now I am not at all complaining because I am astonished and delighted with what I see developing . Maybe a private intelligence agency of some great merit and historical significance.(The Caroline GRoup?).... but when is it that these other elements start in his life? You said that when Dr. Brown stepped off the Caroline that his life might have taken a turn into secrecy that makes collecting information even that much more difficult.

So , did he have to make some sort of "secret oath?" And years and years later, did the same thing happen to the young man that he sponsored into the Group, from the looks of it. What sort of turn did his life take?

And what do "Flying Saucers " and disappearing destroyers have to do with his story? Surely there is SOME truth in all of that somewhere!

I have the feeling that we will all learn the answers to those questions. maybe it would be good for all of us to give Paul a chance to get the story down right , right? Thats all he is asking to do. So lets all take a deep breath. Just want you to know that I am OK with waiting but still anxious to see the next chapter.

I figure it will take about 100 chapters to tell the story. Think that I am right?

Madison
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: tough crowd

Post by Paul S. »

Hello, Madison, it's been a while... nice to hear from you...
Madison wrote:Paul, boy, Looks like you have a tough crowd out there.
That's sure how it felt yesterday...<*sigh*>
I remember Barney Miller. Was one of my favorite shows, especially the character Fish, or however his name was spelled.
Detective Phillip Fish, played by Abe Vigoda. All of the characters in "Barney Miller" were actually extensions of the many facets of the personality of the creator, Danny Arnold. Fish was the expression of Danny's old, curmudgeonly facet. "Fish" had his own show for one season, but Abe was not a strong enough actor to pull it off.
I have a simple question. Well, sort of. When do we get to "flying saucers?" I know that seems strange to ask, but really its not.
While the subject matter generally makes me wary, I think the proper time to "introduce" it will be when the TTB storyline gets to 1947, which is when a civilian pilot named Kenneth Arnold spotted from UFOs near Mt. Ranier in Washington state that were eventually described in the press as "flying saucers." Arnold's sighting is generally regarded as the beginning of the contemporary UFO phenomenon, so I figured to start there. I've actually already "pre-written" some about that that is lying in wait for when the time comes.
Isn't that what alot of people think of when they hear the name Townsend Brown? Flying Saucers , anti-gravity and The Philadelphia Experiment?.
The fun/tricky part will be presenting all that material in such a way that it conveys Dr. Brown's desire (need?) to have people think just those things when his name comes up, precisely to divert attention from his real activities.
when is it that these other elements start in his life?
Generally speaking, after World War II.
So , did he have to make some sort of "secret oath?"
If he did, it's still a secret.
And years and years later, did the same thing happen to the young man that he sponsored into the Group, from the looks of it. What sort of turn did his life take?
We're getting to that. Shortly. One of the reasons that I'm weaving the stories together the way I am is because I've been exposed to more reliable info about the Morgan thread than I have been able to gather about the TTB thread, since the Morgan thread is more recent; but there are "parallel constructions" between the two story lines, and my hope is that I can structure the narrative so that the themes of the more recent stories "cast their shadow" over the themes of the older stories.
And what do "Flying Saucers " and disappearing destroyers have to do with his story? Surely there is SOME truth in all of that somewhere!
Yes, it is true that those stories had some reflection on Townsend Brown's life, but that is not to say that the stories themselves are "true."
So lets all take a deep breath. Just want you to know that I am OK with waiting but still anxious to see the next chapter.
I really appreciate that. Thank you. And, yeah I'm as anxious to see the next chapter as you are. It's a mysterious proces for me, too, how these segments fall together -- a delicate balance between "pushing" myself to put words on paper and "pulling" them out of thin air. Sometimes it flows more smoothly than others. I needed the break but lament the loss of the rhythm I had going before we left for Cozumel. I think I'm getting that rhythm back now.
I figure it will take about 100 chapters to tell the story. Think that I am right?
Yep, I think we're through about 1/3rd of the actual construction here.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

One third of the way

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Thank you Madison for making the comment that it looked like this story would be about 100 chapters the way it is constructed now. Thats what I had been thinking too ... but I hadn't mentioned it, because, after all ... Paul is the writer here and this is his baby to develop! But he actually agreed with that number! I don't know why that pleases me so much, but it does.

Sometimes I think Paul makes comments that he sees from his side as jokes. But this last attempt at humor (saying that there might not be the continuation of the weekly post) just was not interrpreted as a joke. In fact I think that Victoria got really worried that he was running out of steam here and letting us all down easy . And I had to smile from the side because I could see what was happening and I knew that her worry was far from founded. So I just want all of you to know that if you were worried that this particular writer was "running out of gas" or contemplating a serious slow down .... put those fears away.

And did you catch that little bit about some of the future chapters have already been constructed, just waiting for the timing to be right? So that should make Victoria happy, you think? We all hope!!! We love you Victoria, keep up the enthusiasm! Elizabeth
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

hitting the walls

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Paul,

Just some observations of the last experience that you just had with your "forum advisors" You know, you have said that you value our input and enthusiasm etc. Well, with that ..... comes the pressure from us. WE WANT THIS STORY TO GET OUT THERE. and you push certain buttons with each of us. I know your story has reached out and touched me in wildly mysterious ways. I suspect that has been the same for the most vocal of your followers. For some reason we all feel that we have a stake in your progress .... and you are sort of stuck with the little monsters that you have created.

For me. You have uncovered a whole new world. You know that my daughter (for her privacy I am not using her real name, everybody can understand I am sure .... lets just call her .... Lisa) and I have embarked on a study of my fathers career as a "secret agent". We have spent hours so far talking about all of this. I can't express what a gift that has been.

Previously the only real connection I had with her was through her three horses. Maybe thats overkill, but I was doing that you know because Lisas Mom and I have been divorced now for five years and I thought that during this period that I should make sure that at least Lisa was supplied with the one thing that meant so much to her ... horses ... even though every other part of her life was falling apart. And that seemed to work.

But you know. Old Dad can only be a stable hand for so long. We weren't talking and it was getting worse and worse . But all of a sudden this information filters down through the rocks of Pauls solid story ... the story that I had never known. How did that happen? Why has it affected Lisa this strongly. She is bound and determined to write a book about her grandfather. Where does that come from? I count it as a wildly wonderful gift from somewhere. And I am just one person.

So, no Paul. When you make your little nervous jokes about this or that ... Just know that we understand that you are in strange and difficult country. Know that we understand. We will bitch at you, and chew on you .... and remember that. We will be here. And thanks.. Mark C.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: One third of the way

Post by Paul S. »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Sometimes I think Paul makes comments that he sees from his side as jokes. But this last attempt at humor (saying that there might not be the continuation of the weekly post) just was not interrpreted as a joke. In fact I think that Victoria got really worried that he was running out of steam here and letting us all down easy .
The one thing I'm not running out of is steam. Let's just say some of the tracks are getting longer. What's the old saying "the closer you get... the farther away it goes..." ?

But the "attempt at humor" was not there there might not be weekly posts. That is still my goal (at least). And even at that rate, given what what we all see as the likely number of "installments," you can see that we're still...ummm.... a long time from "The End."

No, the "attempt at humor" was just wanting to call those Thursdays when the tracks get stretched "Polanski Days" because of something that still resonates from my own experience. Like I said, I guess you just had to be there.

And I SURE didn't mean to dis the muses or the creator or any of the mysteries that drive this whole freight train. I got the feeling yesterday that my "attempt at humor" resulted in a broad range of psycho-analytic interpretations of my inner workings. And then I dug myself in deeper trying to rationalize/explain myself. Like I'm probably doing again right now.
So I just want all of you to know that if you were worried that this particular writer was "running out of gas" or contemplating a serious slow down .... put those fears away.
Right. Thanks, Elizabeth.
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: hitting the walls

Post by Paul S. »

Mark Culpepper wrote: But you know. Old Dad can only be a stable hand for so long. We weren't talking and it was getting worse and worse . But all of a sudden this information filters down through the rocks of Pauls solid story ... the story that I had never known. How did that happen? Why has it affected Lisa this strongly. She is bound and determined to write a book about her grandfather. Where does that come from? I count it as a wildly wonderful gift from somewhere. And I am just one person.
Mark, I am genuinely touched by what I've read about the impact this material is having on you and your daughter. I just hope she has the good sense to write a novel... maybe "The Jedburgh Code."
So, no Paul. When you make your little nervous jokes about this or that ... Just know that we understand that you are in strange and difficult country. Know that we understand. We will bitch at you, and chew on you .... and remember that. We will be here. And thanks.. .
OK, stop me now before I get all teary-eyed.

Time to go feed this monster I've created...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

forum advisors

Post by twigsnapper »

The forum is working to your great advantage here Paul, as I know you recognize. It is a living, changing, opinionated, soulful thing

And its actually the answer to your prayer.... its the "muse" that you asked for and found your way to. Do you remember when that happened?

There is a strong connection in ways that you are just now beginning to realize. Each person responding to your "work" here is responding to a vibration that they somehow feel but could never actually explain. They have been "called" to this. You have said it yourself. Its the ship calling her crew.

I believe that you will remember being in a conference with a couple of others (who need to remain un- named.) It was summertime right outside Philadelphia and the discussion had gone on for awhile. You were actively digging for information ... which wasn't presenting itself in a form that you could recognize at the time. It frustrated you and I think actually angered you. You folded your fingers behind your neck, leaned back in your chair and said " But WHAT WORK. WHERE IS IT?" (The discussion had been about Townsend Browns career and his body of scientific work. You at the time were struggling to wrap your hands around something solid and specific, which is what you had been accustomed to dealing with from your first project) And it was becoming obvious that a description of that sort of "Work" was not going to be simply made available to you .... just handed to you, it was not going to be simply described, it just would not be available.

It was frustrating to you and the others with you in that room . They all recognized that clearly. You said later that you felt that you were being "tested", and your feeling was right. But that exact moment wasn't the actual test. Your actions AFTER that summer were the test and son, I think by now you realize that you have passed.

So take the time that you need. Do what you need to do. The forum will stand behind you, they might gripe but they will also advise and encourage and THEY were the thing that was needed in that room in King of Prussia, but the moment hadn't arrived yet. And you had to wait for it.

Do you see how it works? And who was it who decided a forum was needed? You. And now you have to feed the spirit that is the forum ... very simple .

For the rest of you reading this, take my words on what ever level you need to take them. Its just a wheel Kipling said. Just a wheel. Twigsnapper
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: forum advisors

Post by Paul S. »

twigsnapper wrote:l You said later that you felt that you were being "tested", and your feeling was right. But that exact moment wasn't the actual test. Your actions AFTER that summer were the test and son, I think by now you realize that you have passed.
Another priceless post.

Thank you, Mr. Twigsnapper.

And thank you, everybody, for helping me keep my focus and my nose down on this grindstone.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Mr. Twigsnapper

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Mr. Twigsnapper, Who are you?

I know that sounds blunt. But who else but someone who knew my Father .... well ... would have quoted that particular Kipling phrase. Or is this just another crazy thread? Just a crazy coincidence?

It was from "Kim" .... those of you who are not that familiar with Kipling. Kim was a street wise kid who ended up a spy for the English. He met earlier though a very wise man .... and this is part of the story .

"To that end he was prepared. I acquired merit in that I gave alms for his sake. A good deed does not die. He aided me in my search. I aided him in his. Just is the wheel, Oh horseseller from the north. Let him be a scribe. What matter? He will have atained freedom at the end. The rest is an illusion."

I don't know why Mr. Twigsnapper, but I just wanted to let you know that I understood what you meant. Thankyou so much, Mark C.
Trickfox
The Magician

If I may ask my own questions here

Post by Trickfox »

Indeed Mr Twigsnapper you have managed to impress us all, and I would like to know if you can elaborate on Peter Wright's toys, that we spoke of in the past. Did you know about the Intermediate Frequency Oscillator search to detect german spy transmitters in allied territory. How about that wire microphone pick-up system that I belived he called the MOP.
Are you also familliar with the modern day Corning Fiber optic surveillance gear.
What is your opinion of the TSCM specialists Ross Anderson, Mason, Dektor, and Westinghouse devices. Does "Watkins-Johnson" still command respect in this field, Motorola, FGS Thompson, and Seimens?

I have a million other questions to ask but I fear that a simple response will be difficult for you. Are you a member of the "OLD CROWS"? I have been but my peers allways laughed at me as a dreamer.

Soon he we are bound to divuldge important new (or old) knowledge in the work I am presently pursuing, so would you care to give me a honest opinion as to wether My efforts to develop this new technology will finally be accepted, or am I likely to laughed at and marginalized as a speculative pseudo scientific fraud?

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com