The Secret Team.

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Janoshek
Space Cadet

The Secret Team.

Post by Janoshek »

Something like the Secret Team has probably always existed in so called civilized societies. For some time its been a part of the Military Industrial Complex that Eisnehower warned about. The Secret Consortium would be a more accurate name for the group at this point in history. I think it manipulates economies so that its members profit. Economics is a fragile science. You cannot test it in a lab and when mistakes are made there are wars, shortages and inflation. Perhaps generational ignorance is also to blame since it seems a current generation does not always learn from the mistakes of the previous generation and the same pattern repeats. I believe this group uses this ignorance to its advantage.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

CONSORTIUM

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Hello Janoshek,

Its interesting to me that you would use the word "Consortium" also. I think some of the members of this forum have had that discussion .... that Dr. Brown was a member of a "consortium of scientists". And "Secret Consortium" is a great name ... thankyou for that.

And absolutely . It would use our ignorance to its advantage.

But here is the main question. Is our ignorance ..... our inability to see its working in our social and economic structure .... Is our ignorance because of the Secret Consortium .... or IN SPITE OF IT.

In other words, when economies break down to war. Who was actually at fault? What is the nature of this Secret Consortium.? Its my personal belief that perhaps it has been a postive force, unrecognized.

Nice to hear from you again. Elizabeth
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

good secrets

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Elizabeth and Janoshek and everybody

Frankly I am encouraged by Elizabeths latest comment. She seems to have a wayof pointing out the light of a situation, she is constantly doing that, throwing encouragement and hope out there and I appreciate it.

But others always take the other side and I am so sick and tired of hearing about these "secret societies" that affect our lives .... (and cause so many problems.) Dark and mysterious and sinister, ALWAYS . and you know what I think of when I hear all of that garbage? ....I think of humanity as the kid with the spilled milk pointing to his invisible friend and yelling " Sammy DID IT, NOT ME!. Maybe its just time for us all to grow up.

I listen to all these people claiming that this sinister force is out there controlling our every move .... and then Elizabeth comes along, like a beam of light and understanding and simply says ....." Yes, maybe there is a secret consortium out there. Maybe it has worked right under our noses. Maybe its just OUR FAULT when things go wrong."

Why don't we see their effect on us? I don't know. Why doesn't the world know more about this Mr. Stephenson? I have read that the English didn't want to recognize him because he was a Canadian. And I can believe that sort of pettyness.

We just never want to give credit where credit is due. And we don't want to accept responsibility for our own actions.

Good observation Elizabeth. A shaft of light. Mark C.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Interesting Thread

Post by Paul S. »

Mark Culpepper wrote: But others always take the other side and I am so sick and tired of hearing about these "secret societies" that affect our lives .... (and cause so many problems.) Dark and mysterious and sinister, ALWAYS.
Yes, we are pretty well programmed to think that an "secret society" working in the background is devoted strictly to diabolical ends. The challenge of where the story is right now is to convincingly allow for the possibility that an operation like "The Caroline Group" is motivated by entirely benign intentions.

I believe it is Dr. Brown's character, and his involvement with that "consortium" (deliberate small "c") that will ultimately make the case for that benevolence.

Maybe its just time for us all to grow up.
Well, that much is certainly true.

I listen to all these people claiming that this sinister force is out there controlling our every move .... and then Elizabeth comes along, like a beam of light and understanding and simply says ....." Yes, maybe there is a secret consortium out there. Maybe it has worked right under our noses. Maybe its just OUR FAULT when things go wrong."
Yes, well, I am blessed to have Elizabeth's counsel in this endeavor. There is hardly a day goes by that she doesn't grab me by the ears and set my head straight. Her perspective here is typically... indispensible.

Some days, my goal in this entire undertaking is just to be able to grab my own ears and set my own head straight...

Good observation Elizabeth. A shaft of light.
I second that. And third and fourth...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Janoshek
Space Cadet

A positive force?

Post by Janoshek »

If not consortium than call it a High Cabal of individuals with what they call the need to know and power to implement certain policy. Here are some examples. One sunday last year on Tim Russert's Meet The Press ,Tim had the white house chief of staff on. He asked him if the president was going to ask auto manufactuers to raise the miles per gallon of new cars. The question alone indicates that its possible. The chief of staff was a master at bs ing his way out out of that one, including that it would be bad for the economy. We all know how increase in fuel prices drives everything else up, creating inflation.
I have an article from the 70's about a car that the head of Ford's racing division, at the time, modified, getting phenominal mpg. It was a report written by a well known, reputable individual who road tested the car and verified everything. And I still have the article almost thirty years later. The car also exceeded E.P.A. specs. I have sent copies of it to a number of newspapers and tabloids yet no one will print it. Who has that kind of power? I'm not being political Elizabeth but the positive force set me off.
PS that car mysteriously evaporated.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

I agree

I agree with you Janoshek that there are forces in our societies that should make us all want to throw up.

Pettiness and greed and shortsightedness( and thats just me that I am talking about.)

I don't know if you have read the little story that Paul left up about the couple who argued down the road about how shortsighted she was to have left her glasses behind ... how much trouble it was to go all the way back to get them .... the husband yammered at her all the way back, but the punch line was " While you are getting your glasses .... pick up my wallet and credit card too." So ... see ... we are all at fault here .....

And I am not little Mary Sunshine either. I know that there are deals struck, fine work buried, fine work ignored , enormous injustice..... you know more about all of that than I do Janoshek. One of my faults is that I do have a tendency to try to not give all that negative stuff too much weight. But I do know that all that bad stuff is right there.

I trust though in basic human nature. I hope that I am not wrong in this. My thought has always been .... that somehow each individual is somehow connected to that "controlling unknown" that we have mentioned here in the forum. A force outside of ourselves, Bigger than ourselves and ultimately a good and postive force.

Is it a good force, is it a negative force?

Trying to answer that question along with Einstein. Is this Universe a friendly place? Paul I think has the actual question that he was asked and his actual answer and I am hoping when he gets out from under all the other information he has been "rummaging around in" that maybe he could repeat that for us? I should have it at my fingertips but somehow I don't.

Paraphrasing grossly here .... Einstein said "IF WE DECIDE that the Universe is an unfriendly place then we will never feel comfortable in putting down our arms ... we will never trust our neighbors , we will continue to build bigger and bigger bombs and then because we HAVE them we will feel compelled to USE them.

On the otherhand (still paraphrasing here so forgive me) IF WE DECIDE THAT THIS IS A FRIENDLY UNIVERSE then we can tear down the walls between our societies, put away our weapons forever and start becoming what PERHAPS we were designed to be in the first place.

I just want us to last long enough to discover what I believe we can be. I know what we are, right now, myself included and Its not all that good ....

Anyway .... good message Janoshek ...... Talking about injustices ... I just watched a show about the Golden Gate Bridge ... I had not known that the man who actually did most the designing and math WAS NEVER CREDITED FOR THE WORK THAT HE DID, EVEN THOUGH HIS NAME IS ON ALL OF THE APPROVED PLANS. HE DIDN'T EVEN GET HIS NAME ON A PLAQUE. AND I HOPE I AM RIGHT, I BARELY REMEMBER THAT HIS NAME WAS ELLIS ...... And it is true that sometimes the real truth never bubbles to the surface. But the more we all know ... the better off we all are, in the longrun. I hope, certainly. See thats my secret.... and in a way my curse. I HOPE.

Elizabeth
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

special lady

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Up too early for my own good but I am going to sit quietly for a moment and post this before my day goes in another direction.

Elizabeth, after reading your last post, I am compelled to say. "YOU ARE ONE SPECIAL LADY."

One thought presents itself to my mind after looking at that long list of locations where the Browns lived. (and I am guessing that many more moves were not even classified as domicile shifts but rather just extended trips)

And that thought is, very simply, Paul, you are not going to be able to get this into ONE bookl! Are you making plans for a two book series? If not, maybe you should consider it.

I just say this from intuition about the material that is still out there for you. Material that you have yet to disclose. Its going to be far too valuable to leave "on a dark cutting room floor" if it doesn't fit between your current pages.

You are reading this, I can feel, all the while thinking ...." THE GUY IS INSANE! .... TWO books?" But it is a rational thought Paul, and you might as well start considering it now.

I know that you will probably say ..."Well, I have to sell THIS book before I can write another." And there is some truth in that, but if even PART of the future writing is as good as what you have revealed in the past, then the securing of a publisher is just a forgone conclusion. Its just a matter of timing.

No way around it then. You are just going to have to write a second book. Because there is just too much important material here.

And , if Elizabeth decides NOT to go with you on the second tour, perhaps she would like to work for an old teacher who is developing his own historical novel? Its going to have something to do with a "special issue Jedburgh knife", and Elizabeth, I am not kidding and the offer will stand until you turn it down. Mark C.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

complimented

Mark C,

I am highly complimented by your offer. I have a counter suggestion. Ask your daughter to be your research assistant as well as your co-writer. She will amaze and astound you with her insight and abilities. And what she doesn't know right now, she will learn. In fact, you will have a hard time just keeping up with her. You will not need me .... at all. Trust me in this prediction.

But keep me informed and let me know how you are doing. If there is any way that I can help you .... unofficially, you know I would be pleased to do that. And save a signed copy of the finished product for me.

Elizabeth