SPECIAL OPERATIONS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

good school

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Linda B.
Where did you go to highschool? Must have been really good because I was caught flat footed on that information! About the Jedburgh teams. Cool, I guess there is hope for the educational system! Mark C.
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Re: good school

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

Mark Culpepper wrote:Linda B.
Where did you go to highschool? Must have been really good because I was caught flat footed on that information! About the Jedburgh teams. Cool, I guess there is hope for the educational system! Mark C.
Remember the Falcons? Chris Boyce, Daulton Lee, The Snowman, the drugs, The Hill?

I grew up in high school hearing about their notoriety. I lived in their wake.

AND, I had some really wonderful honors government/econ teachers. and a wonderful first year history teacher. Though I wound up in the soft sciences, I still love picking up a well written fiction/non-fiction historical book or economics paper/magazine.

Tune in tomorrow for more of what I learned in high school! :wink:

LRB
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Annemarie
Space Cadet

what?

Post by Annemarie »

Linda B.

Help me out here! I haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about! The Falcons, Snowman?, The Hill?, drugs? Lets see, around here (just outside Washington DC) I would expect that you were talking about the codenames Falcon and Snowman ..... Watergate ..... uh ... maybe, but .... what does that have to do with highschools? I am really confused! CIA involvement in, well, where ever they get themselves involved ..... A friend though nearby said that you might have been talking about local highschool groups? huh? I am lost! He asks if you remember "The Earls" ... I say .... between this conversation .... first of all,to him , " you want to get into my message ... write to her yourself "... but I will transfer his message along with my question again .... "huh?" .... He says that the "Earls" were sort of the real equivilant of the characters in "Grease" .... which means .... Santa Monica/ Culver (Southern California) city teenagers .... so , is that what you are talking about? I feel like I am standing in the middle of a conversaional freeway here so when you can Linda, more information, please. Annemarie
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

more in common

Post by twigsnapper »

Linda B.

I think that you have far more in common with Dr. Brown than you have ever imagined.

When he was a young teenager he used to visit his grandparents in California. The Townsends had a ranch that took up a good section of what is now called Palos Verdes. He used to ride his horse through what was nothing but fields then ... and his favorite view was a particular place that looked down toward an area which was then just small vegetable farms, but is now known as Torrance. Perhaps you know that area?

Twigsnapper
Trickfox
The Magician

Torrence and Palos Verdes (wow)

Post by Trickfox »

Wow those two areas in Los angeles is now composed of very expensive real estate. The hills of Palos verdes are now filled with expensive upper class estates. Torrance is a booming high technology center. This would certainly indicate some very wise investments early on by the Brown Familly.

Am I understanding this right?

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

early investments

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I am answering this (hello Trickfox) because Paul is on his way to Pem Farnsworths funeral and for once I do have some information at my fingertips that might answer your questions.

The Townsend family (TB Townsend) had extensive holdings in California. The Palos Verdes ranch (named the Constant Springs Ranch) was just one of his properties. There was also a large ranch in Kansas but all of those properties became part of the estate part of which was eventually folded into what was called the "Townsend Brown Foundation". This was a non-profit organization set up by the Townsends and the Browns to benefit the work that they could see their grandson was so passionate about. It was this family foundation that financed most of his very work. Eventually the funds slowly withered away. (basic research, as you know, is horribly expensive)

Paul has more information on all of this but to get an idea of the scope of the families contribution take a look at one of Pauls earlier chapters (Chapter 5 "Electric Earthworms) By sometime in the 50s (according from reports by the FBI )the Foundation money was pretty much depleted and their estimate of funds expended was something like $250,000.00

Paul I am sure could add to this. But from what I have seen, it looks like Townsend Brown pretty much paid for all of his own research from his own pocket. Elizabeth
Trickfox
The Magician

The legacy

Post by Trickfox »

Well Elizabeth.
Wouldn't you agree that all this effort was spent to research and discover the "Thomas Townsend Brown Effect" (as opposed to the Befield-Brown effect). After all, it will soon be evidenced that the effect itself is a "fundamentally important scientific phenomena" which has allready been used and/or been a contributing factor towards the success completion of several highly important scientific acheivements in the past.

This discovery will continue as much in the future, and therefore the estate of the Brown familly should copyright The use of the words "Befield-Brown", or "TT Brown " as used to describe the maner in which any current technology or even any future technology is promoted as being "based upon".

The Thomas Townsend Brown Foundation should be the trustees of this heritage. The legal precedance has been set by the document disscussions by others who have benefitted from this "Thomas Townsend Brown Effect" and chose instead to claim that they had developed or discovered the effect as an "Ionic Wind", or other such incorrect analog descriptions of the effect. The time has come to correct history and give credit where it is due.

Dr. Brown deserves as much recognition as Nikola Tesla, Maxwell Clark, Faraday, or any other giants in the history of Physics. Obviously from the looks of it only those people who chose to study the effect in depth have begun to grasp the importance and respect which compels us to respectfully refer to Dr. Brown as it's discoverer.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

back to following the money

Post by Victoria Steele »

Thats a very interesting post Elizabeth, thankyou.

You know, alot has been said about how Townsend Brown seemed to have gotten played out of any income from successful items, like the item people are calling the "Ionic Breeze" now (which Paul has proven without a doubt was based on his earlier patents.)

And I think I even said that Dr. Brown must not have been that good as a businessman. Flat out, as I see it now .... he just wasn't all that interested in making money. Early on, it looked like his grandparents were pretty much financing him. Maybe he had to go through the purstrings of that sour looking private secretary there in Zanesville (and that can't have been a happy situation for him).... but money was basically still there for him.

Then he joined the Navy and it looks like his "work" joined right along with him. Now that in itself is ODD. Then he steps on board the "Caroline" and thats as far as Paul has gotten in his story.... but I wonder then .... how can we follow the money. From what Elizabeth said, looks like Townsend Brown already pretty much burned through the first quarter of a million, and folks in the twenties and thirties, thats a bucketful of money.

So who "picked up the tab" Good question huh? Victoria
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

the Falcon and the Snowman and Commonality with the Browns

Annemarie wrote:Linda B.

Help me out here! I haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about! The Falcons, Snowman?, The Hill?, drugs? ...? ... I feel like I am standing in the middle of a conversaional freeway here so when you can Linda, more information, please. Annemarie
Annemarie, sorry for the confusion. Tongue in Cheek :? response is my way of writing when it's too late to be awake. Have you ever heard of a film called "The Falcon and the Snowman"? Google the name Christopher Boyce and read what you can about his history. He was an immature/amatuer American Spy who sold CIA secrets to the Russian Government for two years in the late seventies. His infamy in his hometown is what I grew up with.

Twigsnapper, regarding your comment of the fact that I have more in common with the Brown's is a gross understatement. After I had met and married my now husband and met Linda Brown and learned all that I have learned in those intervening years, I have come to realize that FATE had dealt me a very intriguing hand. Yes I know Torrance. Lived there most of my young life. I can remember photographs at the local library of those vegetable farms. And Elizabeth, I remember the Ranch you mentioned. I think most of it became what is now known as the city of Rolling Hills which is a private gated community.

I had an interest in covert ops when I was in high school; and had I not chosen the career I did, maybe things would be very different. TRW (which is where Boyce worked and betrayed his company and country) is a sister company to where my father worked. He and I had great conversations in my high school years about espionage, satellite systems, government handles, etc.

I can't believe that I would ever think about any of this again :P
:roll: It's fun to reminisce.

Going to sleep now.
Linda
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Re: Torrance and Palos Verdes (wow)

Trickfox wrote:Wow those two areas in Los angeles is now composed of very expensive real estate. The hills of Palos verdes are now filled with expensive upper class estates. Torrance is a booming high technology center. This would certainly indicate some very wise investments early on by the Brown Familly.

Am I understanding this right?

Trickfox
Very right. Torrance used to be all marsh and single family farms; Big land owners (during the time Townsend Brown's grandparents) sectioned off large portions of land between what is now Wilmington, Carson, North Torrance, and Lawndale. The current city of Torrance is now mostly industrial, with DOW and a giant mall taking up most of the industry financials. PV used to be all green hills. I can remember running up and down some of those very hills that are now SMOTHERED with rich homes too large for the property, and just too ostentatious. If you ever come down this way, I'll show you where the sea lions bask in the sun off Portugese Bend.

Mark Culpepper wrote:Linda B.
So to really answer your question, I went to Palos Verdes High in the mid 80's, right in the wake of Boyce's indictment and sentencing. This is an aside, but do ya'all remember that he escaped from Federal Pen not once, but twice?! :roll: Andy told me that I should try to find my history/government/econ teacher who was really interested in CIA and espionage and the story behind the Falcon. So I spent some time yesterday and today trying to remember his name. When I did remember, I called the school board and discovered that he is, how shall we say, almost permanently retired. That saddened me. So Mark, do you remember the Rylite and Argus Projects? Maybe TWIGSNAPPER does?

LindaB (I'll see if I can find any pictures of Torrance and PV from the 20's and 30's. Victoria and Elizabeth would appreciate that :wink: )
Trickfox
The Magician

Los Angeles in the 80s KROQ was my radio station

Post by Trickfox »

LBolland wrote: If you ever come down this way, I'll show you where the sea lions bask in the sun off Portugese Bend.
Linda, I am sure to make it over to your area soon I have many friends all over the Los Angeles area. Specially in Santa Monica. I know a city police officer who has retired and lives there. Also a master seargent who is just comming back from Irak. We have a big barbecue planned with three other friends sometime within the next six months probably. It depends if I can get things moving in a positive direction. So far it looks good.
LBolland wrote: So Mark, do you remember the Rylite and Argus Projects? Maybe TWIGSNAPPER does?.
Linda
I remember all of those projects well and if you look in that CD rom I sent your husband, you may even see a few pictures related to this.

And speaking of Boyce/Lee escapades, do you remember the term "Pyramider" and "what was it that the Russians wanted so badly to know about?

How did you like the movie? A young Sean Penn really continued showing off his talent after making "Bad Boys" and "Fast Times at Ridgemount High". Ya that dude, and that movie was more like a normal day at SAMO High with like ,....all those,...... like,..... "valley girls" hanging around on Muscle beach.
Yeah Right!!!

Linda,
Did you listen to Dr. Drew's LOVE LINE on KROQ back in the 80s.
Now wasn't that something?
Ah the good times!!

Trickfox
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

growing up/influences

Post by twigsnapper »

Trickfox,

I see that you are considering a visit to warmer climates.. Ah, You will find things a bit more corwded than before. And some things have changed but the sunshine is still the same and I am sure that old friends will welcome you.

Its interesting to see how (as Linda B. has demonstrated) we are all prone to be shaped into our future by elements of our past. An excellent teacher, a Fathers interest, A Mothers care.

As you all read about Townsend Brown, remember too that the country hersdelf was going through these changes. Just as a youngster. Coming out of a situation as horrendous as World War II had changed Americans and now the knowledge that there was atomic power ..... and when the Russians exploded their first bomb ..... well, all of the sudden .... the world was not a safe place anymore, and furthermore .... their own backyards were not safe from the threat. (Yes, old enough to know about the old "Duck and cover" drills .... too old to do them, I was more involved in a different game of duck and cover, as was Dr. Brown.)

In all this talk of spies and counterspies and the world that was the late forties and early fifties .... I just want to make something extraordinarily clear. Dr. Brown was loyal to the United States and to the Navy. He loved both with a passion that ran deep and neither was ever called into question. So remember that statement as his story continues. Keep that truth where you can reference it easily. Twigsnapper
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: growing up/influences

Post by Paul S. »

twigsnapper wrote:In all this talk of spies and counterspies and the world that was the late forties and early fifties .... I just want to make something extraordinarily clear. Dr. Brown was loyal to the United States and to the Navy. He loved both with a passion that ran deep and neither was ever called into question. So remember that statement as his story continues. Keep that truth where you can reference it easily. Twigsnapper
Thank you, MR. Twigsnapper, for reminding us of that. It can't be emphasized strongly enough. With all this discussion of "stateless" consortia and International Intrigue, it would be easy to conclude that Dr. Brown's loyalties lay elsewhere so let me echo what you've said here by saying that there is nothing in the material that I have uncovered that would imply that in Dr. Brown's chest beat the heart of a true and dedicated patriot who also strived to realize the the highest aspirations of all mankind.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Trickfox
The Magician

Hey what about us!!

Post by Trickfox »

Hey all you American patriots out there,

Please don't for get your Canadian (and British) Friends who have allways been there to work and fight right next to you in every war (except Irak). We would like to think that Sir Stephenson, and others that were born in the north feel just as patriotic as you do about things, but it's a different flag up here remember?

Some of the finest Americans are also Canadians (from the Canadian point of view) That's because Canada permits it's citizens to have both American AND Canadian citizenship.

From the American point of view, we cannot have both citizenship, and we are forced to revoke our citizenship to Canada in order to become naturalized US citizen.

So let me ask you, do you believe We Canadians can also be American Patriots?

So when you say "Patriot" we sometimes feel a little left out up here.

Should we?

Personally I've rejected the issue of national patriotism and adopted "Human species" patriotism ever since I've contemplated the issue "are we alone in the universe".

With all these parallel universes flying around in available quantum possibilities, Isn't patriotism really hard to define by now?

Look we even have Americans Like Timothy McVeight who channeled energy which promoted American patriotism fighting against Americans who "as a majority" considered themselves Patriots.

I think Patriotism should be reserved for a group of people who care enough to look into each other's eyes, shake hands, agree that every cult sect, religion, or philosophy merits respect for it's historical cultural roots to a degree acceptable by all. When all is agreed to and that we all face the issue "are we alone in the Universe, or is some other living entity is trying to communicate with us right now!!!

When we all reach this level of consciousness, then we shall become patriots of this land called EARTH.

That may make me look like a "Globalist illuminati" But I say that whole conspiracy sh*t does not scare me the least bit. All I have to do to change the world is look in the mirror and change myself and my ways and I will reach that level of consciousness, then shake the hands of my friends and look into their eyes with respect and admiration for we are all patriots of the human race foremost.

Trickfox
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

absolutely

Post by twigsnapper »

Absolutely agree with you Trickfox.

And you are right ... Sir William was Canadian.

And I consider myself a global patriot ..... I was not born in the United States. But still my loyaties much the same as Dr. Brown. I was not discounting other countries when I mentioned his patriotism, just pointing out that he loved his country, he loved the Ohio River .... the Keys of Florida .... the beaches of California .... not taking anything at all away from Canadians, or Mexicans, or South Americans .... we all love our homelands. I was just pointing out that he had that emotion very strong in him at a time when all of that was quite in jeopardy. And he loved the Navy too, as Paul has mentioned, I believe in Dr. Browns own words. He loved anything that even had USN stamped on it when he was a kid. Take a look at the little three year old with the destroyer in his arms ... the look on his face as he graduated from the Great Lakes Training Station. He loved being in the Navy. Paul knows why I am saying this and you will all understand more as the story unfolds. Just making a point for future reference. Twigsnapper