Chapter 32: Reflections on Biscayne Bay

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Morgans chapter

Post by Victoria Steele »

This is wierd, but Paul, could you kind of call this "Reflections on Biscayne Bay" Morgans chapter? I mean you have written it, but most of the quotes I assume, (theres that WORD AGAIN) are directly from him. Now here is the odd part. Nearly six thousand views have been logged on that chapter. Yes, yes I know, many are returnees ...... but they can't all be as fascinated with the man as I am, so that means for some reason people are drawn to this chapter. So far so good? WHY????????

And I notice something else strange. The other high view scoring post is the one from Neenie, which was entitled "Meeting Townsend Brown."
Now, I can understand why someone would click on that, but the draw toward "Biscayne Bay" is really a mystery to me.

Mr. Twigsnapper. Am I going to need my own special decoder ring to get along in this crowd? <g> Victoria
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: HERE IS WHERE I WOULD GO

Post by Mikado14 »

MARK MOODY wrote:Number 1 I would go visit Jesus just as everyone betrayed Him and tell Him I know he is GOD incarnate and that I appreciate and love Him very much.
Number 2 Then I would visit Brown & Bahnson in their lab to let them know that years later, even with smaller more powerful high-voltage power supplies,
the world as a whole sadly, still isn't aware of their work!
Number 3 Last, I catch my mother as she fell when she had a heart attack in the ladies room and died.
If I could do those 3 things, I do believe there would be more hope in this world and less anger & hostility.
Mark
Since you are back.

#1 - This satisfies what? If God incarnate, would he not know that you appreciate and love him?

#2 - I would bet you something on this but don't have a way to prove it so in light of that, do you honestly believe that the disc is the way to go?

#3 - What if I could take you back, someday, and I explained to you that you cannot save her but we can go back and you can talk to her prior to. Would you?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
MARK MOODY
Space Cadet

Re: Chapter 32: Reflections on Biscayne Bay

Post by MARK MOODY »

Mikado,
Good questions!
First, true GOD does know everything. But I believe, like us, knowing is not enough sometimes.
GOD, I believe, would still like to hear the words from our mouth.
Kinda like a combination of confession is good for the soul and the old saying " I wish I had told him I loved him".
Number two; I'm sure Brown and Bahnson never thought that their work would take so long to see public view.
Thus me saying to them, gentlemen it will be sometime before the world appreciates your work.
And last, about my mom.
I did get to sit and talk with her before she took that fateful walk to the ladies room in a shopping mall.
The reason why I would want to catch her?
The same reason we all would like to catch our falling kids, to prevent pain and love.
Please don't take this the wrong way.
I appreciate you asking me these questions, kinda glad you did :D
Now I have questions for you.
How many "falls" have you experienced that you wish you never would have had?
How many times have you wished you could have told someone you loved them, even if you think they may have known?
Imagine someone "catching" you when you fell.
Imagine someone telling you "I love you" just because they thought you should know it.
Wouldn't those things make you feel better?
Would not the world be a better place for you?
Now, what difference could you make in anothers life?
Mark
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

MARK MOODY wrote:Now I have questions for you.
How many "falls" have you experienced that you wish you never would have had?

None, for without them I would not be who I am today, therefore, the question would be about changing who I am and again the answer is...no

How many times have you wished you could have told someone you loved them, even if you think they may have known?

If you knew me, you would know the answer but I will tell you. None. Someone here can attest to the validity of that statement if they so choose to acknowledge it for we just had a conversation about the very same question two days ago.

Imagine someone "catching" you when you fell.

It happened on March 3, 2005. I don't know how, but they did.

Imagine someone telling you "I love you" just because they thought you should know it.

In all honesty, words are cheap, action is gold.

Wouldn't those things make you feel better?

Only the action.

Would not the world be a better place for you?

It already is, since March 3, 2005 but I just don't know why....yet.

Now, what difference could you make in anothers life?

I already am.

Mark
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
MARK MOODY
Space Cadet

Post by MARK MOODY »

Mikado,
KUDOS to you then.
And since action is gold.
Imagine GOD hearing the action of your spoken words instead of just knowing.
Me, like you and the world, know when we are loved.
And true action is gold.
But whenever my kids say I love you dad, it does something to my assumption.
And thus the world becomes not only more tolerable but also a better place.
And..................
I LOVE YOU TO MIKADO
For without you asking me the questions you did, I never would have felt what I felt when I read them.
So you see-the circle is complete and this forum truly, truly is worth something-is it not?
Mark
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Post by Radomir »

Mark wrote:
Number two; I'm sure Brown and Bahnson never thought that their work would take so long to see public view.
Thus me saying to them, gentlemen it will be sometime before the world appreciates your work.
Well, perhaps Bahnson might have been disappointed that it's taken so long...we don't know enough about him as a person to extrapolate...but I bet dollars to donuts that El Senor Brown actually worked to ensure this would be the case, expected it, planned for it, and for much more. I don't think I'm going too far out on a limb to say he might even be well satisfied to hear your news.

Best,
R.
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

I agree with you Radomir and I was pleased to note that Paul really did capture the exact moment that Dad adopted that protective attitude. from https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... icken.html

"What Morgan is describing — we can now look back and see — was the pivotal event not only in the life of Townsend Brown, but also, his wife, their adolescent son and toddler daughter. Everything that happened in all their lives from that moment forward was colored by whatever happened in that hangar at the Barber’s Point Naval Air Station in Hawaii. And everything we think we know about Townsend Brown today, every story that has been told, every myth that has been perpetrated, is colored by his own effort to discredit himself that started in the wake of the security breach at Pearl Harbor.

If resigning from the Navy in 1942 was the moment when Townsend Brown went black, if that’s when he truly disappeared behind the curtain of classified military research, then his re-emergence in Los Angeles beginning in 1951 marks his coming out from behind the curtain. Only he emerges in costume, with a mask on and in full camouflage. You thought it was hard to see behind the curtain? Now try seeing behind the mask."

So yes, you are right, He would have planned that there would have been a delay in the development, not suprised at the lack of progress.

Many people have automatically assumed, because his "products" never seemed to reach the light of day ... that he was somehow robbed of his inventions. Even Paul began this writing project thinking that he would be writing about a brilliant scientist who was robbed of his work by the " barons of industry". What a simple, relatively simple arc that would be to follow! But as we all have found out along with Paul, it just wasn't that simple.

And many of the myths surrounding Townsend Brown were a direct result of a very elegantly designed camouflage that began after that Pearl Harbor demonstration and seems to be still in place now. But there are indications that those pieces are falling away .

And as Radomir just said .... I think we would probably be amazed at the extent he went to for the activities that are just now unfolding. Starting with you Mark.

Have you ever asked yourself why it was that Townsend Brown decided to reply to your letters? I believe he responded to all of them. I know that because either I typed them for him or Mother did. If you still have copies, look for the initials at the bottom. I can tell you now that YOU WERE THE ONLY STUDENT THAT DAD ANSWERED. ..... The only other person to receive an answer was Andrew Bolland. Dad had died by then and she and I had a standard response to youngsters that wanted to follow Dads work " We regret "...... and wrapping it up with" My best wishes".... but it was definitely a stiff arm manuever. So why then you Mark? Why Andrew? I believe that both of you will see the answer to that ... and sooner, rather than later.

Linda
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

Linda Brown wrote:.....
Many people have automatically assumed, because his "products" never seemed to reach the light of day ... that he was somehow robbed of his inventions. Even Paul began this writing project thinking that he would be writing about a brilliant scientist who was robbed of his work by the " barons of industry". What a simple, relatively simple arc that would be to follow! But as we all have found out along with Paul, it just wasn't that simple.
And what is intereting is that those 'products' and their respective companies (a'la Sharper Image) have fallen by the wayside. In a few years, Townsend Brown's name will be high up in the marquee again.
And many of the myths surrounding Townsend Brown were a direct result of a very elegantly designed camouflage that began after that Pearl Harbor demonstration and seems to be still in place now. But there are indications that those pieces are falling away .

And as Radomir just said .... I think we would probably be amazed at the extent he went to for the activities that are just now unfolding. Starting with you Mark.

Now that totally makes sense. I know Mr. Twigsnapper has said, time and again, "Hiding in Plain Sight"... I'd say that Brown was a stellar magician, skilled at sleight of hand. If what Paul S. has discovered is true (which I don't doubt) then what Brown's technological discoveries (notice I didn't say inventions) have been put to good use. And of course it should be hidden. Imagine what would happen if some of these powerful (and frightening) technologies would have morphed into, if they had fallen into the wrong hands. Yes, Brown was a very good 'magician'. To even make your family believe that pauper image!
Proper training, that.

Have you ever asked yourself why it was that Townsend Brown decided to reply to your letters? I believe he responded to all of them. I know that because either I typed them for him or Mother did. If you still have copies, look for the initials at the bottom. I can tell you now that YOU WERE THE ONLY STUDENT THAT DAD ANSWERED. ..... The only other person to receive an answer was Andrew Bolland. Dad had died by then and she and I had a standard response to youngsters that wanted to follow Dads work " We regret "...... and wrapping it up with" My best wishes".... but it was definitely a stiff arm manuever. So why then you Mark? Why Andrew? I believe that both of you will see the answer to that ... and sooner, rather than later. Linda
Linda, I am banking on the "sooner"!! 8)

And of course, I could add to your litany of questions. Such as:

Why now? Why Andrew? How did Josephine KNOW? Or did she see? Linda, I understand that you were prepared to send Andrew a nice standard strong-arm letter, but your mother intervened. Why? What made her decide differently? And of course, I am still very curious (like the monkey) who Janoshek is.
And, why is the book being written now, rather than 10 or 20 years ago? Or 10 years from now?

I diligently watch the signs, Linda as I know you do also. I have heard that...
"A rising tide lifts all boats"
And the tide in our world is definitely changing. I'd like to be on the biggest and most solid boat... w/ a good hull. AND a good Captain. :)

Longboardlovely (Linda Bolland)
Leaders are visionaries with a poorly developed sense of fear and no concept of the odds against them. ~Robert Jarvik
You can't lead anyone else further than you have gone yourself. ~Gene Mauch
The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men [women] to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it. ~Theodore Roosevelt
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Hello LongBoardLovely,

What you say is very interesting and I wanted to ask you more about this. You seem to leave the impression that Josephine somehow was " expecting"???? Andrew. Am I reading your words right. It does seem odd following what Linda has said that generally they turned away questions about Dr. Brown BUT FOR SOME REASON contacted these two. Mark Moody first directly through Dr. Brown and then Jospehines contact after he was gone. You said:

"Why now? Why Andrew? How did Josephine KNOW? Or did she see? Linda, I understand that you were prepared to send Andrew a nice standard strong-arm letter, but your mother intervened. Why? What made her decide differently? And of course, I am still very curious (like the monkey) who Janoshek is.
And, why is the book being written now, rather than 10 or 20 years ago? Or 10 years from now?"

Your use of the phrase " did she see?" is interesting.

And then you said

And what is intereting is that those 'products' and their respective companies (a'la Sharper Image) have fallen by the wayside. In a few years, Townsend Brown's name will be high up in the marquee again."

And I would have to say that there is a difference here maybe. " High up in the marquee AGAIN" ... But you see. It has never been there in the first place! Townsend Brown obviously made the choice to remain in the shadows to protect those he loved and I think he had a very wide scope in that emotion. But the end result of that would be that his name would be forever obscure? Not right!

Maybe what we are all doing here is simply putting Townsend Browns name where it simply and rightfully belongs. That " turn into obscurity" that he took to protect his ideas and developments was so difficult, I can see that. Paul writes about the moment he began that life when he writes about the demonstration at Pearl Harbor. That decision had to be hard for him and terribly hard on his family. Surely there is a moment when all that sacrifice can fall away from these things that he so carefully protected? Thats what I want to see happen.

So LindaB ( LongBoardLovely) can you tell us more about how it was that Josephine decided to correspond with Andrew. I sense that there is a great story here . Can you share ... or you Andrew? I mean, damn, look at what your contribution to all of this has been. And you are so quiet in these discussions that it would take a fool to believe that you are just sitting still technically. So what was it do you think that opened the door for you? MarkC
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure it's a great story, and I don't want to get too far off Paul's story, but you asked, so...

I'm fairly competent technically - at least enough to know my own shortcomings and to have a pretty well-developed BS-o-meter. I keep busy.

I'm a geologist and geographer (remote sensing / satellite imaging systems) by education, with three years of a physics degree, and two years of electrical engineering. I was attending Ohio University at that time I contacted the Brown family, and had this crazy idea of getting all four of the above-mentioned degrees (eventually I met my wife, and decided it was time to move on to graduate school and get a job).

I read Moore's bok, "The Philladelphia Experiment" in the winter of 1986, and after finding his address in the Who's Who of Science, I wrote to him that winter in Avalon. Linda Brown called just after the new year, and we spoke several times over the phone. I think it wasn't until March of 1987 that I drove out for the first time (quit school, visited with the Browns, lived in the car for awhile in LA, and did background parts in a few movies). The writer's strike killed the movie work, so I went back to Kent State for a few years, and began coming out every winter until I finally moved out here in 1998 to continue courting my wife, Longboard, who is Torrance born and raised.

Jo Brown and I really only spoke a few times while I was out here for the first time, but I'd sit out under the front yard tree and read and take notes for hours. I really enjoyed it. Actually, those winter break trips were some of the best times in my life. I'd sometimes take the northern route 80 through the mountains, meaning I would drive until I got tired, turn the heat up until it was sweltering, and then pull my little Geo Metro off to the side of the road, crawl in back, and sleep until it got too cold to sleep. I even had an emergency blnket (the reflective kind) to help.

The following years have had their ups and downs of interesting ocurrences, and now that I have spent over half of my life involved, I still feel the passion for the research, although it waxes and wanes in the everyday workaday.

Mark Moody, how did you fall into this hole ?

Oh, by the way, Victoria. A note on Mark Bean, he was hit by another car some months back, this time as a pedestraim. If you all remember, he was hit by a car some years back, wrecking the L4/L5 region of his spine. We are focusing on pain management, and are working out the arrangement of him moving to southern California, where he will be able to start fresh.
Last edited by Chris Knight on Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Andrew.

Sheeze. Somebody get Mark B spare rabbits foot or something. Two accidents, one in a car and one just walking? I'd start gettting really paranoid!

Anyway, I am sure he will be in good hands and we can look forward to hearing from him when he feels better.

He will not remember me but he made a real impression on me and actually was the one who introduced me to the work of Townsend Brown.

So Andrew, how did you guys get to know each other? I am guessing that your common interest with the Browns would have been the introduction! How did he get started?.. Victoria
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

I forget how he became interested in electronics and Tesla. He is self-taught, though, and one of the best minds I've ever met. Considereing he left home at 14, and lived on the streets for years, I think he's done well in that respect. I've spent too much time and energy searching for someone with his mind, to no avail. Although he is fuzzy some areas of practical application, he has a good understanding of the far-out stuff that can be difficult for me to put together. Plus, he's a pretty good showman.

He is, of course, very much into Tesla, and was working along some lines parallel to Brown's research, although he was unaware of the research at that time. During an internet search, he came across the relatively new Soteria site, and contacted me. He was disappointed and excited that he had found someone (Townsend) who had already been down the avenue of research he was following.

He and I used to get together once in awhile to visit or go to the ocassional exotic research / ufo conference, and we even did some petrovoltaic work for Dr. Stephen Greer in 2000. We both have a healthy disdain for quacks, papermill degrees, and general phonies, which gives us plenty to talk about, but more than that, he has a heart of gold for his friends, his animals, and the human race in general.
Last edited by Chris Knight on Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Martin Calloway
Junior Birdman

Post by Martin Calloway »

Now THERES a name that hasn't shown up much in these forums GREER.

And you and Mark Bean did some work on PETROVOLTAICS? for him eight years ago?

I don't think I even knew the meaning of the word then! <g>

So what happened?

Dr. Greer is a busy man ( speaking of showmen~) and I just wondered how he incorporated what you guys did and what he is doing now?
Martin
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Re: Dr. Stephen Greer

Post by Chris Knight »

Mark,

Yes, I was working at Hunter's Point Naval Base in San Francisco for four months or so, and it gave me something to think about. He comissioned us to look into the Petrovoltaic battery issue ("eternal batteries"), although Mark was getting to be in poor shape by that time, so it was primarily my duty to do the actual research.

I put together the available information for him, and put together a number of discs, which Mark and I tested. The highest voltages were around 0.25 volt at a about 50 mA (about 1/80 watt). Not very much, but the crude nature of the experiments, working out of the hotel room, lack of suitable materials, and so on, limited what I could do. This went on for the time I was there.

We met John Hutchinson's representative at that time who came down from Canada. Mark said he came across the little "eternal battery" last week, which was piezoelectric in nature.

In any case, if I were to go back and look at it again, I would probably start looking further into what I called a "molecular capacitor." That was a term I used for a mixture/compound with two parts, similar to Brown's litharge material used in some of his gravitors. It was made from lead monoxide (heavy conductor) and glycerin (I believe), which represented the non-conducting dielectric material. So you would end up with a solid, ordered structure of PbO-gycerin-PbO-glycerin (electrode-dielectric-electrode-dielectric)....like little capacitors.

Dr. Greer was into the Disclosure Project at that time, but Mark says he is primarily asking for money these days, so I'm not sure what is going as far as he is concerned.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental

Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Speaking of Steven Greer http://peswiki.com/index.php/Report:Ste ... n,_12-3-07

dated in December last year, note

"And then T. Townsend Brown in the ‘20s began studying the electrogravitic, high voltage effects on mass and doing experiments, and by the late ‘40s and early ‘50s, all of his work, and the Biefeld–Brown Effect, as it was called (Dr. Biefield, at Princeton, who worked with Einstein) – that work “went black” as it were – very classified… and I have a Office of Naval Research document that describes their review of the Biefield-Brown Effect, and T. Townsend Brown’s work in 1951. So that by 1954, essentially all of these operations -- and I think Nick Cook of Jane’s Defense Weekly did a very good job of documenting this – pretty much went off the radar scope – of open source material, although up to 1954, there was actually quite a bit in mainstream aerospace journals talking about this so-called “antigravity” research that was being done. So, the reason, of course, for the secrecy is not hard to understand; because if you have the knowledge of acquiring energy from the fabric of space-time, meaning not outer space, but the space around us, you can completely obviate the need for oil & gas & coal and nuclear power and centralized utilities ............................... and later he says

"Steven Greer: Oh, I agree. I agree with that, 100 percent. In fact, to give you a measure of this, I was meeting on Friday, just 2 days ago, in Washington, with one of the most connected-up members of this elite club. And we were at the University Club in Washington. And this gentleman, who is connected into the who’s-who of the energy sector of the world, told me point blank, that 3 years ago, he would not have sat with me and had this conversation. Now, he wants us to present whatever we can, so that the “freindlies” within this group can get behind it. And so, what I’m saying to people is, things HAVE changed, and this is why we’re able to go forward, and that people who have the knowledge of how to create these systems need to not be so timid, but they need to be wise in being bold. You know, being bold doesn’t mean being reckless, being bold means making wise choices so that you move forward, and you take the people who are aware of what you just said; the environmental crisis, the geopolitical crisis, with the oil & energy situation, which by the way is going to haunt us much sooner than the greenhouse gas problem, and the global warming problem. And that is, to be sure that the strategic capabilities are equals to the technology."

Duh, Victoria