Chapter 31 - Intrepid

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
natecull
Keeper of the Flame

Blue sky mining

Post by natecull »

Btw, more in the 'wild speculation' basket about lunar mining, those 'moon fountains', and Dr Brown's mystery lung condition:

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2005 ... storms.htm
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2005 ... inhale.htm

Those 1956 notebook predictions of lofting/falling dust cycles still intrigue me. And of course *if* lunar dust is a gravitic isotope, and if there were an easier way of getting to it than chucking a rocket... would it be a more interesting commodity than, eg, Helium-3? The Apollo astronauts didn't seem to get lung conditions but they were only there for a week max...

Too far down the rabbit hole, I think. But it would certainly make for a great SF story.
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Re: anybody want to talk about this

Post by greggvizza »

Mark Culpepper wrote:"There are alot of THEM, you know, and many of them are bio-androids...they realize that Earth psychics are their only enemies."
Mikado, you may want to pick up a pair of those special Buckaroo Banzai glasses.

GV
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Re: here a pitch

Post by greggvizza »

twigsnapper wrote:For all you Hollywood Moguls out there.

A writer gets involved in a story about what develops into the history of the actual production of a " Time Machine" When he finally is rewarded for work so well done and such a highly sucessful project he chooses his favorite time frame as his reward. Two weeks in Philadelphia.

( Some might say that is an enternity) Any regard .. Two weeks to hobnob with people he had only been able to read about before. And not a fly on the wall, listening to their conversation but someone introduced through the proper channels so that he is able to be front and center when the first wavers at signing an important document. What does he do? What would you do? Knowing from where you actually spring? Do you have the right to step in there and tweak the way things are going? But he has to grab the moment, it is too much for him and after his impassioned speech They rush ahead to their destiny and he is never heard of again.
Paul is Saint Germain the Professor. Those renaissance Brits were so proper, they corrected the spelling of perfesser for him after he left.
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

the speech....

Post by twigsnapper »

AM,

What is that impassioned speech?

http://www.reversespins.com/signthatdocument.html

Apparently the speech, if it is a true rendition start when a stranger rises and speaks out

"Gibbet? They may stretch our necks on all the gibbets in the land–they may turn every rock into a scaffold–every tree into a gallows, every home into a grave, and yet the words on that Parchment can never die!"......( and after many urgings to " sign!" " sign!" "sign!" ends by saying ).....

"As God lives, my friends, I believe that to be his voice! Yes, were my soul trembling on the wing for Eternity, were this hand freezing in death, were this voice choking with the last struggle, I would still, with the last impulse of that soul, with the last wave of that hand, with the last gasp of that voice, implore you to remember this truth–God has given America to the free!
[13-second applause]
"Yes, as I sank down into the gloomy shadows of the grave, with my last gasp, I would beg you to sign that Parchment, in the name of the God, who made the Saviour who redeemed you–in the name of the millions whose very breath is now hushed in intense expectation, as they look up to you for the awful words–`You are free!'"................................

Of course that strangers speech may still just be called an "old legend" but its interesting the effect that it had anyway. twigsnapper
AM

Post by AM »

Ah, now the whole thing is much clearer. Well, I was looking in an entirely different direction ..... and it was the wrong one. Quite far off the mark.

I was originally thinking of Philadelphia in the summer of 1966. The Holy Grail of every biographer - go and meet the very people you wrote about.

Thank you Mr. Twigsnapper for the nudge. But then isn't it interesting that both groundbreaking events took place in Philadelphia?

The first delivered an opressed people and proclaimed the ideal of freedom throughout the world. The second defeated the tyranny of time.

I just read the whole speech. It's eloquent beyond compare.

The times are such that these words are more valid and acute than ever. Somebody needs to hold that speech again.

AM
Last edited by AM on Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Saint Germain

Post by greggvizza »

Wow, that reads like an ancient Hebrew prophet spoke it. Wonder how the Founders let him get away with out signing. They didn’t even get his name? ….Strange.. Almost makes you think that he had to be an angelic being that just popped in, spoke the words then popped out.

Of course this could also be just someone’s creative mind writing 71 years later in 1847. Maybe as a sort of inspirational hindrance for the divisive factions that were starting to form and that would eventually tear the nation apart in civil war.

GV
Last edited by greggvizza on Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

yes precisely

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Which is it actually, this speech by a stranger?

Was it something written later for another purpose? In this case reminding people of what they have and how valuable its meaning?

Or did it in fact happen and was just one of those things, those anomalies, which didn't really fit at the time just oddly enough not to be mentioned. You mention something like that then you have to explain it, and sometimes there are no real explainations. So you present it as a story that can be picked up and noticed or left behind. I am reminded of how Mr. Twigsnapper introduced the " Injured man in the chair" story. He left it to the readers to decide whether it was important or not. Thats an interesting teaching technique I think because then what you learn is information that you have become ready for .... not ready? The story means nothing and is " left on the floor"

Its a strange story about the speech with strange connections to Madras India. Notice that?

Maybe ...oddly ... we are just supposed to notice this speech NOW. And you are right. Philadelphia is proving to be an important city. Elizabeth
AM

Post by AM »

Oh, there are several more additional connections. I am aware of treading on thin ice with this, but it may still be relevant.

1.) I have Manly P. Hall's book "The Secret Destiny of America" at home.

Let me give you the relevant quote in full.
The Secret Destiny of America wrote:He made particular mention of a speech by an unknown man at the time of the signing of the
Declaration of Independence. The particular book was not available at that moment, but Mr. Warrington offered to send me a copy of the speech, and he did; but unfortunately neglected to append the title or the date of the book. He went to India subsequently, and died at the Theosophical headquarters at Adyar, in Madras. Then, in May, 1938, the speech appeared in The Theosophist, official organ of the society published in Adyar. In all probability the original book is now in the library of the Theosophical society. There is no reason to doubt the accuracy and authenticity of Mr. Warrington's copy, but I am undertaking such investigation as is possible to discover the source of the speech.
Further consider Manly P. Hall himself.
Wikipedia wrote:In 1973 (47 years after writing The Secret Teachings of All Ages), Hall was recognized as a 33º Mason (the highest honor conferred by the Supreme Council of the Scottish Rite), at a ceremony held at PRS on December 8th), despite never being initiated into the physical craft.
2.) What would Dr. Brown say about the rocks in Philadelphia? What would Mr. (Kevin) B. find out if he would conduct a dowsing session in this area?

Does Philadelphia occupy a special position on the "grid" of terrestrial lines (Ley-lines, etc.)?

3.) A nod in Mr. Vizza's direction.
Some time ago, an eastern publisher suggested to me that an interesting and important title for a book would be, "The History of Unknown Men." This publisher was a great reader of history; and it was his observation that nearly all great causes are furthered by mysterious and obscure persons who receive little or no credit for the part which they have played. To write the history of these men would be to write the history of the Order of the Quest, the story of the unknown philosophers. Some, like Francis Bacon, come to high estate; but most of the unknowns work obscurely through other men, who gain the credit and the fame. In an old book of rules used by the brothers of the secret orders, is the following: "Our brothers shall wear the dress and practice the customs of those nations to which they travel so that they shall not be conspicuous or convey any appearance that is different or unusual. Under no condition shall they reveal their true identity, or the work which they have come to accomplish; but shall accomplish all things secretly and without violating the laws or statutes of the countries in which they work." Of those who did not ‘reveal their true identity', or the work which they came to accomplish, one is the mysterious Professor who inspired the design of our flag, and remains unknown and unnamed.
When reading the underlined part above, why am I reminded of Dr. Brown?

4.)
http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/Article/America_s_Arcane_Origins.html wrote:For New Dawn’s 92nd issue, Jason Jeffrey described in “Washington, D.C.: A Masonic Plot?” how the White House is located at the apex of a five-pointed star – the ancient geometric seal of King Solomon, with which he conjured supernatural powers – formed by the intersections of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont and Connecticut Avenues with K Street NW. But the significance of this urban pentagram is overshadowed by what Ovason has identified as the city’s chief orientation to Virgo.

He writes that central Washington, D.C. has twenty public zodiacs, with Virgo prominent in each one. The founding of Federal City, as it was previously known, laying the cornerstones of the President’s House, in the wing of the Capitol and the foundation stone of the Washington Monument, all were timed to coincide with the appearance of this astrological figure. Ovason shows that the White House, Capitol building and Washington Monument form a strangely imperfect “Federal Triangle” that only makes sense when we realise it identically resembles a configuration made by the stars – Arcurtus, Spica and Regulus – that bracket Virgo.

Formal ground-breaking ceremonies for the National Archives Building were conducted under Virgo. Two years later, three planets were in Virgo for the official laying of the structure’s cornerstone. The Federal Reserve Building is replete with a five-petaled design motif, the symbol of Virgo. The great clock at the Library of Congress is depicted with a comet in Virgo. Because of its centralised location, Ovason believes that “the Library of Congress was sited in this position and its symbolic program established precisely in order to demonstrate the profound arcane knowledge of the Masonic fraternity which designed Washington, D.C. ... the city was surveyed, planned, designed and built largely by Masons.” Indeed, no less than twenty one memorial stones with lapidary inscriptions from various masonic lodges line the inside shaft of Washington Monument.

But why would they incorporate so many references to Virgo in their capital? As Ovason points out, the construction of Washington, D.C. “marked one of those rare events in history when a city was planned and built for a specific purpose.” He fails to mention, however, that nearly two hundred years before, the first permanent European settlement in North America foreshadowed Virgo’s ceremonial centre on the Potomac River.
Ok, this is already getting too bizarre for me. Take it all with a pinch of salt!

And yes, the India-connection. I wonder if they still have the book there?

AM
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

some mysteries are meant for others

Post by Linda Brown »

I will share with you one thing that I have learned from Paul. It is important to decide for yourself what your line of travel is, (that narrow path which you feel you need to stay on, and then following his example .... stay that course.) With that sort of distinct focus much can be accomplished and what is produced will be solid and stand the test of time.

As you can see though there are mysteries layered upon mysteries here. Even one might take you your entire lifetime to do it justice. Look at the choices there are!

I understand that Sir Francis Bacon ( besides his interest in gravity) was extremely interested in uncovering what he considered a " code" which he felt was left in the text of the Bible. You have all probably already heard of this and scholars throughout the ages have pondered this seriously. It would have taken lifetimes to uncover what a modern computer now can accomplish. So some things may finally be within reach. But perhaps those secrets had to wait for the advent of the computer?

Now with computers this study is getting easier ... but still ... if one were to take this as seriously as Bacon did, it would draw your attention from every other thing. To do your particular study justice you would have to turn your attention away from other things.

And perhaps the quest for things too deeply buried at this moment has served as sort of a diversion and protection for other mysteries. A sort of calling of the hounds off to an impossible chase, sparing the fox that is sheltered and actually reachable right beneath their noses.

So I do choose which things to chase after. Hesitate a moment and ask yourself ... which way to go? Then follow what is the passion that calls you the strongest and don't falter from it. I guess thats why its important to have so many of us involved here, all over the world really. Some mysteries are just meant for others. Focus means everything. Linda
Griffin
Senior Officer

"Sign it!"

Post by Griffin »

What significance does the name of a place and its possible energetic background and quality have to do with the constellation of events that coalesce around it over time? Are these relationships merely coincidences or might they better be termed synchronicities? The Indian name for the area that became known as Philadelphia is said to have meant a “grove of tall pine trees.” On hearing this, a Chinese qi cultivator might think that it had a strong qi field at that time since pine trees are prime generators. They even appear on the Townsend coat of arms. Mere coincidence? Later, the intentionality of William Penn and his followers in creating a community founded on “brotherly love” with a name commemorating that resolve must have made a pronounced energetic imprint. This “Holy Experiment” -- as it was thought of and termed -- was unique in the world at that time, and is still needed today as it was then. Religious/spiritual freedom was a key ingredient in the atmosphere of Freedom which had developed and settled over that city. The story of the mysterious stranger and his stirring pronouncement fits easily into this picture. That spirit was welcome and predestined to appear there, in whatever form and guise. And it fortuitously did, whether or not the later story was a “factual” record or inspired mythic reenactment of an aetheric event that translated into physical signatures on a crucial and historic physical document. Freedom as an active concept and the freedoms initially specified had to be actualized over the years, but the blueprint was there to follow. Is it also only coincidence that so many of the “founding fathers” were Freemasons? Not to my thinking, although there were many streams feeding in to create the torrent that swept away the remnants of feudal tyrannies.

“The City of Brotherly Love” indeed, or The City of the Loving Brethren. But brethren needs to be seen as a gender inclusive term. Betsy Ross is said to have physically created the first flag as a graphic symbol of what all the verbiage and text was about. She was also a splendid exemplar. In her personal life she broke free of strictures against inter-denominational marriage, and she nursed both American and British wounded following the Battle of Germantown. Essential gender equality is one of the freedoms finally being realized. This is one of the reasons I have great hope for our future. In considering all this, the phrase “Go forth!” comes to mind.

As ever,

Griffin
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Brothers

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Interesting read certainly about the " City of Brotherly Love". Need to get back to that but for a moment a slight changeup.

Griffin: I know that you have mentioned your idea of " Vistitants or Visitors" quite a bit so the part that AM copied about Lindas dream seems right up your alley.

"chapter 69 wrote:
Considerably calmer now than when the visitors first arrived, Linda studied their faces, and then asked their leader why the other two appeared so pale compared to him. “They have different fluid in their system when they are traveling far from home,” the red-haired visitor explained. “When they return, the fluid will be drained to remove the radiation, and then replaced with their natural blood.”

Linda looked carefully at the visitors. All she could say was, “Oh.”

From there, the memory of the dream fades. There are only fragments remaining. Something about joining the crew, going for a ride in the saucer-ships; Something about mining ships somewhere not on this Earth; She returns from the voyage, but her father “goes further.”And there the dream ends.

So, may I ask Griffin ..... what is your interpretation of this? Have you ever heard of anything like " Visitors" who use "transfusions" of a sort to rid their systems of radiation? Seems like a pretty workable situation to me. Capture harmful radiation in their " blood" system and keep it from settling maybe in whatever their internal organs were....... Then that fluid removed and replaced at a later date? Interesting concept anyway..... and it seems to me sort of strangely fanciful for a nine year old girl.

But if ONE thing should be taken as " not a dream" then surely the rest of the experience was " not a dream" either........... So who were these other two individuals and why was it that Linda seemed unable to identify their faces?......... Its my conclusion that some sort of perception alteration was going. And it seems that we are just scratching the surface of that discussion here on the forum, as long as we have been talking. MarkC
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

a little joke

Post by twigsnapper »

Thankyou LindaB for the joke which I intend to share with the forum. I know that you didn't send it directly to me and I promise that I didn't listen in .... but like the line from the Aviator .... I don't listen to everything, I just read the transcripts! And since this started as one it was fair game.

So your patient sings to you in Gaelic. Don't trust him.

Heres the joke which actually has a message to it. I will leave it to all of you to figure it out. Its pretty up front. And for those husbands with the wrong wife <g>

"A man walks into a bank, gets in line and when it's his turn he pulls out a gun and robs the teller.

Worried about witnesses he turns around and asks the next customer in line, "Did you see me rob this bank?"
The customer replies quietly, "Uh, well yes I did." The robber raises his gun and shoots him.

The robber quickly moves to the next customer in line and says to the man, "Did you see me rob this bank?"

The man calmly responds, "No, but my wife did."

:)

twigsnapper
Griffin
Senior Officer

Oil change

Post by Griffin »

Yes, Mark, it does make sense in a “curiouser” way.

As we know, particularly from the HIV/AIDS epidemic, body fluids are quite susceptible to degradation and infection. Fortunately they also can be refined, through practices such as Yoga and Qigong. We’re all quite familiar with the medical procedures of transfusions and blood cleansing.

I have not encountered anything in my research regarding that type of visitor and the fluid changes (every 3000000 miles?). But I have encountered various credible references to the existence of a variety of visitors from elsewhere, some of whom work in collaboration. My own research has concentrated on a particular group of higher beings which I refer to as the Visitants.

As to the “dream” part – my familiarity with dream consciousness includes what has been called “dream yoga” in India and Tibet. In this context, to say that a dream is “merely a dream” is to be naively dismissive of an important and often higher mode of consciousness in contrast to ordinary waking consciousness. A dream may be more real -- at least psychologically and experientially -- than something occurring to us in our “normal” waking consciousness. Out-of-body experience may be relevant to consider, in that it involves a dimensional shift.

Having said that, I’ll say further that I do think that visitation experience in the so-called “dream” was real.

I think you’re right about “just scratching the surface.” The deep experience of this Wonderland is definitely below the surface, way down the rabbit hole.

As ever,

Griffin
Last edited by Griffin on Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: anybody want to talk about this

Post by Paul S. »

Mikado14 wrote:
Doesn't look like I will be buying this book anytime too soon.

Availability: Available from these sellers.

9 used & new available from $525.60

The highest was $1,500 Dollars........used

$1,500.00
+ $3.99shipping Used - Very Good
Hey, maybe that's how I'll market my book.

Instead of trying to sell, say, 100,000 copies at $15/ea, I'll try to sell 100 copies at $1,500 each.

Oh, darn, there's that "either/or" thinking again...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Griffin
Senior Officer

Alice & Linda

Post by Griffin »

P.S. Alice wasn't much older than Linda.

Griffin