Chapter 31 - Intrepid

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

The Controlling Unknown

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Mark,

Thanks for sharing that with us.

Your interest in the work of Townsend Brown ... when starting off you didn't actually understand it ... is one of the most wondrous parts of this story. For some reason many of us have shared that same strange compelling force. You have even written in one of your other posts that you were somehow destined to be a part of his extended work and I believe in my heart that you are absolutely right.

Some have dubbed this sort of thing "answering a calling" without having the slightest idea of what that actually might entail. I think this story delves into that. Its much more important than simple words on paper. And this forum I have come to value as much more than the simple exhange of ideas.(although BOY IS THAT GREAT) .......There is something very .... ENERGIZING happening here.
If I am the only one who is feeling it then thats all right, maybe its just me ... but I still feel that there is some sort of a driving force behind what is happening here.

I find "fingerprints" or "footprints" of this force in the oddities I encounter through my day .... and I encourage you to recognize these things too ... As I said ... maybe its just me ..... for example .... the other day I was absorbed in thoughts of some of the things that Paul and I have been trying to figure out for weeks. It had something to do with ancient sanskrit ... (what in the world would I know about that? And I think it was that problem that was in my head.)

Heres a very short version of this "strangeness". My washing machine broke down. Just great. Hauled myself to the local laundry ... was putting my clothes in the dryer when a Korean Monk walked in. Now folks .... there is an oddity in itself, in my part of the country. He smiled at me and pulled the small handful of things out of his machine and headed for the dryer .... He smiled at me, I at him .... And suddenly I said .... (out of nowhere ... where did that come from! I said ...."Oh you have so few things ... you are welcomed to throw them in with my load if you want" .... a perfect stranger and I am suddenly sharing my laundry space. He smiled kindly and accepted and then for about fifteen minutes we chatted .... about things that were generally on my mind.... sanskrit and ancient India .... and the work of great teachers ....He shared some wonderful thoughts with me ... and at the end as we were pulling our things ... He told me that when you don't understand something all you really need to do is to polish the mirror that you visualize on your chest .... "It gets dirty sometimes" he said "with the workings of day to day life" Once you take the time to be quiet and to clean that mirror ... the Universe shows you what you need to know."

Long story, still long. I pass that little bit of laundry wisdom onward. Elizabeth
Last edited by Elizabeth Helen Drake on Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

just fell

And Mark, this is just a post script comment on your "confession" about how a certain little booklet ended up in your hands "I was just seventeen, " I think you offered by way of sort of a confession to a long buried act! .... but do you see what actually happened here? The book FOUND YOU. It "fell off the shelf" you said ..... and you "caught it"

CHANCE? NO, I DON'T THINKSO Elizabeth
MARK MOODY
Space Cadet

WHAT A GREAT TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Post by MARK MOODY »

Thanks Elizabeth for the kind words, I really do appreciate it!
You must truly be a kind woman. Great story about the laundry too!
I think you're right, I think that manuscript "jumped" into my lap.
Here's another true story for your entertainment just to show you how fate plays with us all?
While experimenting with Brown devices a few years ago, I became tired of trying to find a metal spin shop to spin me some aluminum in the shape of Brown's canopy that he levitated along with 10% of its weight.
One day, after "leaving" this problem alone, I walked into Home Depot and guess what I saw? A touch lamp made from spun nickel shaped just like Brown's canopy! Well, needless to say, I grabbed one for one purpose and one purpose only :lol:
When I got home with my prize, I notified friends on the Lifter website and sent a photo to Tim Ventura of AmericanAntigravity.
Tim placed the photo on one of the cd's he sells.
I never did get it to levitate, not enough high voltage I think.
But I still persist to experiment now, only with higher powered devices
Just goes to show you---YOU NEVER KNOW!
Madison
Space Cadet

being in the right place, right time

Post by Madison »

To Elizabeth,

You have heard the expression "Being in the right place, at the right time"

Ever think about what that REALLY means.

My thoughts:

Life is a series of markers, waiting to find the right moment. The marker was there all along, the book, the monk , the writings in the sand .... waiting for the right person ....... At the right time, in the right place.

Ask Paul about MOMENTS. The moment of his mysterious E-mail, a marker in time for him to pick up his pen .... and write this book.

When MARKERS MEET MOMENTS the results are indeed more than magical. They are destiny in the wind of the cosmic interchange.

As Paul said .... you cannot see the wind, but you can see what happens to the tree, to the leaf, when the two meet. The marker and the moment.

Madison
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

wonderful messages

Madison! That was a wonderful message, thankyou!

Mark ..... I had to laugh when I saw what had inspired you. And I thought of another great research scientist who I was honored to meet during the last convention in Las Vegas. His name is Mark also ..... Mark Bean .... and if he is catching this message .... I want him to be the one to tell you what he devised as a "flying disc" .... I still grin when I think of it .... but I won't spoil the joy of seeing him respond ....MARK BEAN .... tell this young man what you used, PLEASE.

My best to you , by the way, hope you are feeling better.

Elizabeth
grinder
Senior Officer

reading up on Intrepid

Post by grinder »

This is turning into a VERY interesting story.

Sir William Stephenson did in fact operate some sort of "intelligence " network in the United States and from what I have read so far Hoover of the FBI was not happy about the intrusion AT ALL .... so how much of a problem would it have been for Dr. Brown to be in the Navy and working for another country? Conflict of interest here? Possible spy charges? I don't know how that works with a "friendly country". I am sure that this country had strong associations with England so maybe the only one who was upset over having these "English operatives" in the United States ... was Hoover. And I understand he could get really nasty when crossed. And would Dr. Brown been Naval Intelligence?

I read that Stephenson had many women working for him during the war and when Ian Fleming wrote about James Bond, Q was supposed to be Stephenson? Is that right, or did I misread that? Was there a REAL "Miss Moneypenny?" just wondered. grinder
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: reading up on Intrepid

Post by Paul S. »

grinder wrote:Sir William Stephenson did in fact operate some sort of "intelligence " network in the United States and from what I have read so far Hoover of the FBI was not happy about the intrusion AT ALL ....
Yes, that would be "BSC" -- British Security Coordination - a foreign intelligence operatin HQ'd in NYC's Rockefeller Center. I don't have all the politics of that situation mastered yet, but you're essentially right, Hoover took exception to the operation, and I think Roosevelt at least looked the other way, if he did not in fact tacitly endorse the entire operation.

so how much of a problem would it have been for Dr. Brown to be in the Navy and working for another country? Conflict of interest here? Possible spy charges? I don't know how that works with a "friendly country". I am sure that this country had strong associations with England so maybe the only one who was upset over having these "English operatives" in the United States ... was Hoover. And I understand he could get really nasty when crossed. And would Dr. Brown been Naval Intelligence?
Good questions and good points. Conflict of interest? Maybe, but also an "embedding" of interests. More on that (hopefully) as we roll along.
I read that Stephenson had many women working for him during the war and when Ian Fleming wrote about James Bond, Q was supposed to be Stephenson? Is that right, or did I misread that? Was there a REAL "Miss Moneypenny?" just wondered.
I've also read that Stephenson was the model for Fleming's "Bond," although I that Stephenson himself was more of a "behind the scenes" kind of guy and would thus have been closer to the "Q" character. I have also read that there was another field operative named Godfrey (I think, I have to check my notes and records) who was also considered the model for Bond.

As for Ms. Moneypenny, well, who knows? But it's good that you remember the women... :wink:

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

remembering the women

Post by twigsnapper »

Everyone,

A very good subject. Remembering the women.

Stephenson did have a charming secretary who ran things for him like a royal taskmaster. You didn't get anything past her and you didn't get anything unless it passed her. Dr. Brown was one of the very few that could charm her right off her chair. I wished many times I had that ability.

Her name will show up if anyone looks hard enough for it.

There were other women too that were important and whose life stories have never been properly recognized.

Anybody know the name Nancy Wake? Probably not. Ian Flemming took notes from her but didn't have half the ingenuity. She blew bridges. Usually right in front of German supply trains. And when she got tired of that she blew Russian rail systems which made it impossible for the Germans to use them because the Russian gauge was larger than the German gauge so they were not interchangeable. In a fit the Gestapo finally chased her off into Spain but she came back even more ferociously the next year. She ran under a group of resistance fighters called the Pat OLeary network ... which maintained its position later after the war when positions were taken up against the "Russian Threat". The Gestapo name for her was "The White Mouse" and I think that there are a couple of books about her out there.

Just ONE EXAMPLE of the stories that rarely are told .... and it is important to remember the women. Twigsnapper
Mark Bean
Space Cadet

Thanks from Mark Bean

Post by Mark Bean »

Hello Elizabeth, (and all concerned)

Everyone has been wondering what the hell happened to me.

Here's the scoop... I had cancer and was in a very bad accident. In addition, I lost my eyesight for almost 2 years. Please understand my absence.

I am much better now. I am somewhat overwhelmed with the concern I have read, Thank you.

I am in fact, going back to my experiments & research. The best is yet to come! I have had much time to think and plan. He he he! (mad scientist laugh).

I will do my best to share my knowlege and help anyone that asks.

Keep in mind... I am not a "know it all". In fact, I have absorbed so much knowledge that I am completley convinced I know very little about anything. The "human experience" has only begun to scratch the surface of understanding the world(s) around us.

Doing my part,

Mark
P.S. My site is partially up & running. www.ReallyCoolScience.com
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

the first saucers

Hi Mark!

How nice to have you joining us.
This is one of the easiest questions that anyone might ask. For the last few days it seems that the forum has been talking about Dr. Browns whimsical sense of humor and that reminded me of your demonstration in Laughlin and what you chose as "prototypes" for the little "saucers". I think Linda Brown was quite pleased with your inventiveness and I think her opinion was that Dr. Brown would be enormously tickled with your choice. Can you tell the forum what they were and what brought you to using them?

Just shows you that you can get things done without spending millions. (You listening NASA?) and you can have fun too! Dr. Brown would have approved! I think he would have had that engaging hehehe too!

And the standard question Mark, when you find time to answer it. What was it that drew you to the work of Townsend Brown. Was there one particular germinating moment that you happen to remember? I find that the answers to that are sometime extremely interesting.

Welcome again. Your site is great. Elizabeth
Mark Bean
Space Cadet

What I actually used

Post by Mark Bean »

Hi Elizabeth,

I actually used belly dancers cymbals has the "main body" of the Disks in my demonstration at Laughlin, NV. I thought that it would help take the intimidation out of the demonstration device and help people relate. Also, it is my nature to go down the isle of of a store and see "other possible applications" for common items off the shelf. Just ask Chris Knight. He he he!

In addition, I ask; without characteristics such as humor, curiosity, compassion, wisdom, innovation and understanding... What really is the purpose of being human?

I dedicate my soul to achiecving such things. (With the help of Jack Daniels).

With all of my heart,

Mark Bean
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Mark Bean,
How do?
Since falling into this wabbit hole, coincidence doesnt exist anymore.
I have had my head all day into Columbian gold artifacts, and a word popped out at me.
TUMBAGA, I have since tracked this alloy all around the globe.
The reason I am replying to your post is the things they used made out of this alloy, especially discs and bells.
I consider they were dowsers able to easily detect natural flows of space.
If you can deflect space flow in one direction , you will go with the opposite flow , Fast, but never move.
ring a bell?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tumbaga
Click on the corinthian link and your straight into the bible?

Kevin
fibonacci is king
Mark Bean
Space Cadet

What got me started???

Post by Mark Bean »

Elizabeth & anyone that cares,

In answer to your second question... How did I start down the Thomas Townsend Brown path?

I made the same discoveries on my own. I really thought I was on "virgin snow", (so to speak). I refined power supplies, types of energy, (AC or DC), voltages and frequencies, shapes and so on... Then when I found that changing the shape from circular to oblique, then finally found "Disc" shape worked the best. Well, you can just imagine what I was thinking. I started investigating if others had done such things via the internet and found Chris Knights website. We became fast friends, (actually family I never had).

When I read more about him, I soon realized we shared many of the same thoughts.

Realizing that someone had already been down this path many years prior took some wind out of my ego. However, it did confirm the validity of "our work". So, I always honor with great respect, Thomas Townsend Brown!

Humbly subitted for all,

Mark Bean
Mark Bean
Space Cadet

TUMBAGA

Post by Mark Bean »

Kevin,

I am unaware of TUMBAGA. However, I will look into it and try to give you a coherent response.

At this point, I will say that everything flows and nothing is rigid. This includes our universe and time, (as we understand it at this moment).

Best regards,

Mark Bean
P.S. I wish I knew more.
Mark Bean
Space Cadet

Kevin

Post by Mark Bean »

Hello again,

Reminds me of a dream I once had... Traveling without movement.

Later in my adventures I stumbled upon something reffered to as the "Casimir Effect", (Bells Rung).

Refference: http://physicsweb.org/articles/world/15/9/6

Curious,

Mark Bean