TOWNSEND BROWN AND THE MEDIA

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

TOWNSEND BROWN AND THE MEDIA

Post by Victoria Steele »

I realized Paul after I wrote the above that you had said "in the media" but I like my version better. Its just not what people were saying and writing about him (as in ...... "Townsend Brown in the news") as it was his relationship with those reporters and situations.

I know that I am having a hard time dropping this shakedoll that I have dubbed Mr. Moore ... but there is just something there that remains unresolved regarding his relationship and Dr. Browns. Its interesting to me that Linda Brown harbors some resentment toward the man .... but that speaks also to the fact that there was some kind of interaction between the two. Dr. Brown must have been upset over Moore including him in his book like that, otherwise why would Linda take offense in any way?

I just sense that there is something to talk about here. Don't know what it is just yet .... but something.

Since no one had much heard of Townsend Brown as the general public .... and thanks to his book Moore did establish sort of a "reputation" for Dr. Brown .... was this upsetting to a man who had spent his entire life making sure that no one knew anything about him? Theres a thought.

And Linda was supposed to be his "right hand man" (forgive the sexism Linda, but right hand woman just doesn't sound right ... and I KNOW you must have been more to him than his "girl Friday") So was Dr. Brown brought into the spotlight unwillingly?

But ... he must have known .... or did he? .... did he think that he was just being asked to "fact check " something because of his experience in the field ?.... then when the book came out , was it a surprise? HUH?

Did Moore continue his association with the Browns after the books release? or was there a "falling out"? That would probably tell you a ton.

Thanks for listening to the wanderings on a Sunday afternoon. Looking forward to anyone else jumping in this "pool" with me. Victoria
Last edited by Victoria Steele on Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MARK MOODY
Space Cadet

SOMETHING?

Post by MARK MOODY »

This may be just pure nonsense or pure something.
But, awhile back, I read somewhere that perhaps what the philly xperiment was was not what Moore wrote, but something else.
I read somewhere that perhaps what happened was that Brown, while in the navy, tried one his ideas for a boat propelled by his gravitator idea and something went wrong. Not that men fused or disappeared, but that high amounts of electricity caused problems when the power was applied.
Supposedly, Brown was devastated. Now, imagine if security was imposed and Moore came across this info but added a few lies of his own.
Security oath is broken, Brown revealed and made to look like a leak, liar or crackpot. Would not your family be upset too?
I agree, there is more here, much more. Sadly we may never know the truth. Now remember, I read this story somewhere, this is not my version.
I only read about Brown's possible gravitator boat experiment, not the rest about leaks and lies.
Mark
grinder
Senior Officer

Cooks Book

Post by grinder »

Hi everyone, grinder here

How many of you are familiar with Nick Cooks book "The Hunt for Zero Point"?

I was struck by the fact that Cook, as a writer, just couldn't seem to get past the idea that Brown was so entangled with "The Philadelphia Experiment". It seems that the reputation of the book and the wild claims involved allowed him to "dismiss" Townsend Brown entirely.

He even said so. I don't have the darned book in front of me but if you guys are familiar with it you know what I am talking about. He just dropped Browns work like a hot potato and wouldn't even look in that direction again.

Now. I look at things oddly, and once I get onto a subject I have a reputation to keep after things ......... so my question to all of you is this ..... I think that it is pretty well established that Dr. Brown was a pretty smart fella ..... do you think he went along with Moore just to create the kind of reaction in the future that Cook displayed? In other words , maybe he gave up a little to see the Philadelphia Experiment out there , but that worked better later as a diversion to people like Cook.

Do you see what I mean here? Or am I grinding the wrong corn? grinder
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

something there definitely

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Mark and grinder (hi Victoria too)

I believe that there is DEFINITELY SOMETHING THERE . Just WHAT as you said Mark , we may never know. If it involves something to do with our own national security then I am not sure that I want to know all the details. If we have fantastic flying machines and submarines beyond our wildest expectations .... well then ..... good for us .... they should stay absolutely secret. I don't need to know all the details. I think that Dr. Brown, if he was involved in the development in one or the other, or maybe even both , I think he would want such things to stay secret.

And just as I typed those words I got a thought. What if his actions through his life were aimed at keeping those things secret? I mean developing AND KEEPING THEM SECRET. Now theres a good thing for all of us to consider. Look at the way he lived. Moving so constantly. How many of you would do that to your family without TRULY believing what you did was vital. He sure .... apparently wasn't interested in making potfuls of money........ so what was he actually doing?

I know that Andrew mentioned once in one of the posts the question .... what sort of man would move his family so much, give up recognition for himself and wealth for his family so constantly.... unless there was something VERY IMPORTANT at the core of his work or his developments.

Thats why I think we all are interested in seeing how this book unfolds. Paul has had the help of the Brown family itself and that information combined with his obvious talent is going to make all the difference.

(I think that when we all use that phrase we have all pretty much caught on to the fact that we are talking about Linda here because Paul has already introduced her as the "surviving child of Townsend Brown" I don't know what happened to her brother but truly that has to be a great loss to this story.)

Anyway folks, thats my take on this situation. What do you all think? When you first posted Mark you yourself said that we all should look at EVERYTHING so the above is just an exercise in exactly that.

And wierd stuff gets out. Who was it said ....Rumsfeld maybe .... A leak is something that gets out ..... a drip is something you let out. Seems to me part of the challenge here is figuring out what a leak is ..... and whats a drip ........ Mark C.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

something else

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Mark M,

I think I can safely agree with the statement that you mentioned .( that the "Philly Experiment was not what Moore wrote but something else.")

I'll leave it to Paul to get even closer to describing what he feels was happening in Townsend Browns life. Each Chapter he writes tells more and more.

As you can tell, right now, Paul is pretty tight lipped about what is coming up next.

His work is careful and thorough and since I am not at liberty to divulge information that is his alone to divulge .... I can ,however, encourage everyone to tighten his/her seat belt .... This is going to be one heck of an interesting story. Elizabeth
MARK MOODY
Space Cadet

PERHAPS?

Post by MARK MOODY »

Very well put Mark C.
On a remote viewing videotape that I have, a Major Dames says something useful. Mr. Dames says that perhaps if we do possess such a technology as this, there is a good reason for keeping it secret.
Mr. Dames believes that with such technology, capable of ungodly speeds, we could intercept any launched missile in the world, while it was still in the boost phase, in a matter of minutes. Now, if you think about it,
he does make a good point. Remember, Brown proved that his devices had speeds unlimited as long as more power was applied.
Imagine, China launches a ABM at the US. If this missile is not intercepted during the boost phase, while it is at its slowest speed and easiest to catch,
then it will be more difficult when its speed is at a maximum.
So, just imagine. Sounds crazy doesn't it?
But then again, imagine how crazy it sounded years ago when Brown told people of his ideas.
Mark
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

You all are pretty sharp - especially about Nick Cook. He hears "The Philadelphia Experiment" and runs the other way. Then he spends a significant amount of space writing all around Townsend Brown while avoiding him.

He does seem to have missed the point in a number of places. We have talked about this at some length, and rather than tread on Paul's toes, I will have to wait (patiently ?) for him to reveal the story in his own time.

I guess my only comment of worth is that every piece of disinformation or urban legend contains at least one morsel of truth or possibility - a bit of sugar helps the medicine go down...

Andrew
Martin Calloway
Junior Birdman

Conspiracy and disinformation

Post by Martin Calloway »

It was nice to see input from France recently. I would wade into the discussion about nanotechnology but I wouldn't know what the blank I was talking about and I think the other folks on the forum would figure that out pretty quick. Nice to see it though, I hope there are others out there who can follow up on the technical aspects of Townsend Browns story.

Technical journals or family historys ... Paul ... how do you qualify stuff as being the truth. I am still cautious and a little bothered by the use of "disinformation". When you get a document or a news story, how do you know whether or not it was generated to put you and others off his trail? Secrecy must have been terribly important to the man to Me, I just want to find out about the person who was Townsend Brown but how do we know that what we are being told isn't a carefully devised deception? Like it has never happened before? I know that "disinformation " was widely practiced in Russia and was picked up for our use in the Cold War .... and it is very effective. So do you just trust your gut? or do you have a system for doublechecking your facts? Martin
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

"Classified" -v- "Secret"

Post by Paul S. »

Martin Calloway wrote: So do you just trust your gut? or do you have a system for doublechecking your facts?
Anything that I'm not sure of I just run by Dan Rather's document and fact checking service.

But seriously, this is a really interesting topic/thread, and I'm thinking about it. I just wanted to thank Victoria for getting it started. I was gonna do that this morning but it appears she beat me to it.

I'm thinking about what I want to throw in here. It's complex. For now, I'll just say that a lot of what I'm thinking revolves around how we use words like "classified" and "secret."

For our purposes, I suggest that we use the word "classified" whenever we are talking about subjects that might be under government control, and that we use the word "secret" to describe subjects that even the government doesn't know about.

So when Mark Culpeper writes:
If we have fantastic flying machines and submarines beyond our wildest expectations .... well then ..... good for us .... they should stay absolutely secret.
...I am inferring that by "we" he means the U.S. Government. But in that conext, instead of "secret," I think he means "classified."

My point being that if what Mark is describing is truly "secret," then not even the gov't knows about it. Whether or not such "secrets" actually exist is a topic quite ripe for discussion. I think that's why we're all here.

Like the man said, "The Universe if filled with Magical Things, patiently waiting for your wits to grow sharper."

- - - -

Also, an administrative note: If anybody wants to read the posts that started this thread, all you have to do is click the "search forums" icon at the top of each page, or use this URL:

search.php

...and enter a keyword like "Moore" or "Vassilatos" or "Philadelphia" and you'll be able to find the posts that brought us here. Just make sure you come back here with your comments.

I'll be back with more later. Soon as I figure out what "more" is.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Patiently waiting

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Paul,

You used that saying again .... which keeps popping up in our conversation ..... sometimes without anyone knowing exactly how it manages to do that .... but I thought we are getting closer to eventually talking about it. You should tell folks how this particular quote sort of "reached out" for you and called your attention to it. Its a quote from Eden Philpotts and you chose to use it as the first words of your book. The fact that you responded to the quote means alot.

"The Universe is filled with magical things, patiently waiting for your wits to grow sharper."

Patiently waiting ...... an intelligence ...... patiently waiting .....

But there seems to be a standard somewhere ..... one of those little marks before you are big enough to get on the rollercoaster .... we have to hit that mark somehow before we can get on board. Is that what that means? that it will take awhile and require patience ..... for our "wits to grow sharper?" Obviously, looking around at the state of world affairs at the moment ... we are not ready for that ride yet.

I believe that Pauls book AND THE ENERGY THAT IS DEMONSTRATED HERE IN THE FORUM is sort of an exercise in showing that our wits are growing sharper. Someone said here that humans "can talk all they want but human history has to be written "..... there has to be a commitment to those words and the words have to stand there as a symbol of that commitment.

Its alot of work ..... as anyone who writes should be able to tell you .... but I see it as part of a growing process that someday will be judged by those magical things ..... which now ..... are just waiting for us .......

And I see that there is sort of a learning experience happening here between everyone on the forum and Paul and it is MAGICAL.

Elizabeth
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

magical intelligence

Post by Victoria Steele »

Damn Elizabeth, where do you get these thoughts? You gotta be connected to the stars somehow.

I looked at the content of your message and I realized that IN NO WAY is this puny little forum post "Townsend Brown and the Media" going to hold up to that kind of additional input.... we need something more expansive.

Paul? Oh, hell ... he probably has his writing cap on because you know THURSDAY IS JUST FOUR DAYS AWAY. So if its OK with everybody else I am going to start another post which will deal maybe with the more mystical connections of this story. What you didn't notice them? I have seen enough to know that this whole forum is just brimming with some sort of inter- connectiveness .... so that needs its own post .... at the very least ...

How about Mystical, magical connections ... a little too California? How about (borrowing from Trickfoxs technical jargon) how about "The Unknown Interface and Townsend Brown." Hey, if you don't like it, start your own! Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: magical intelligence

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote:Paul? Oh, hell ... he probably has his writing cap on because you know THURSDAY IS JUST FOUR DAYS AWAY.
Four days away? Ha! Here in the garret, it is always Thursday...

You kids have fun now...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Trickfox
The Magician

Oh Jesus

Post by Trickfox »

Oh Jesus please not another "to be continued" ......... again!!!
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

another avenue for remote viewing

Post by Mark Culpepper »

This is for Mark Moody .... if you would like to talk more about remote viewing I invite you to check out the post heading "Remote Viewing and Intelligence Gathering."

You mentioned Dames so I know that you probably know everything that was mentioned on that section already but if you would like to continue that thread it would probably be good for us to continue our discussion there ... be more "in character" with the heading.

Can you tell me what more you have garnered about remote viewing?

You are certainly in the right place. I heard several years ago that there was an outfit located in Leesburg, Virginia that supplied remote viewers to the military. I guess they are a contract group. Ever heard a rumor of them? Can't remember the name right now, I'll try to look it up, but they apparently supply security and other specialized "teams" to the military and to multinational corporations. Know of them?

I know that Virginia seems to be the hotbed for that sort of work and of course Greer is down in Charlottesville, I believe. Interest in UFOs and remote viewing all seems to blend together when you start reading stuff coming from his direction.

Mark C.
MARK MOODY
Space Cadet

MARK C.

Post by MARK MOODY »

I'm really not into remote viewing.
I just happened to see an interesting video about it by Dames.
It made me curious when he mentioned the ufo missile response when talking in terms of reaction time if we do have secret weapons.
Other than that, that is all I know. My heart is electrogravitics.
Mark