Chapter 29 - Quadratic Equations and Mr. X

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: looking back/ looking forward

Post by Langley »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Rereading chapter 29 was interesting, of course, but I have been touched especially by the responses to that Chapter on this forum. I quietly sat down and read the entire thread. Its not that long and it was .... amazing actually.

I just needed to thank all of you for those thoughts and taking the time that you took to get them down . It forms a wonderful thread that has so much heart and feeling. I feel honored to have been able to read it.

I hope in his drive to get this book finished that Paul takes a moment to really appreciate the very special thing that is happening here as all of you consider this story he is trying so hard to capture. And add your inspired thoughts. For certain, a living breathing thing showing itself here. Elizabeth
Help. Are we saying here that the Set was safely stored in the future until the time was right to bring out in the open?
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

somewere safe

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Langley,

When Paul and I asked Morgan where the " missing lab notebooks" were being kept ...... his reponse to us was " somewhere safe"

I am assuming that the " set" was kept in pretty much the same place.
The future? I can't answer that because I simply don't know myself. We might ask Paul what his impression is.

Following your line of thinking. Why the future? Perhaps the past?

One of the great mysteries of this whole endeavor. I expect someday we will know, when the moment meets us. I don't mean to sound mysterious. It just sort of comes out that way when you honestly don't know. Elizabeth
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Interesting discussions concerning the "set" and its meaning (s). Of course there are other meanings that could apply in part. We have "set" theory in mathematics. Trickfox or Mikado might have an answer or two concerning this meaning that we mathematically challenged might understand.

And in the spirit of Kevin's post concerning the significance of the "scarab dung beetle's" sacred significance in ancient Egypt we might consider these indications as to the importance of "Set".

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/set.htm

Note that in the Egyptian mythos concerning the storm god "Set", he was depicted as having red hair and white skin. He was also always associated with the color red as the article indicates.

In Israel, before monotheism assumed prominence, the ancient Hebrews worshipped "EL" the God of the storms and wind from the North who was revered by the Northern tribes in Palestine. In the south regions of Palestine, Yahweh (YHWH), with roots in Egypt associated with "Ra" and the sun was worshipped by the southland tribes. The Genesis story concerning Issac's sons Esau and Jacob likely pertain to this history.

My two cents.

flow....8)
Dancing is better than marching
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

in the shadows

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Flow,

I am in the shadows of your knowledge of ancient Egypt. And I wondered when it was. was there a particular moment? when you decided that you would learn about this? If you can remember, of course. I sense that it has been a lifelong interest? Elizabeth
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Elizabeth
Once on a field trip when I was very young, our church group went to the Oriental Institute at The University of Chicago. My minister, who lived to be 103, had attended seminary across the street so he was hooked too.

Once there I was entranced by the sights and knowledge that there were people living thousands of years ago that had a full rich life and customs so strange, and yet seemingly familiar to me in a way. The mummies were special to see. Why did they attempt to preserve their dead so rigourously? Of course now we know that cultures in the Andes did similar things, but more primitive in nature with not as much chemistry involved as with the Egyptians.

The parallel cultures of Egypt and Sumer fascinated me, and evidence of both are displayed at the Museum. I picked up Egyptian knowledge along the way and dove into Sumerian knowledge when Sitchin started to publish.

Little things along the way spurred me on to understand that these two civilizations were our beginnings 6,000 years ago. So in a way when we study them we study ourselves as we once were. As an aside, did you know that Freud kept a desktop full of statuettes of the major Egyptian gods and goddesses and would stare at them for hours on end while thinking ?

Maybe that's why he developed such weird theories about our mental health.

flow.... :wink:
Trickfox
The Magician

TOS

Post by Trickfox »

While we are on the subject Flow.... how about The Temple of Set
http://www.xeper.org/

The temple of set, Mike Aquino, and his criticism the "stargate project"
http://www.xeper.org/maquino/nm/StarGate.pdf

He offers a unique perspective as a Doctor of Philosophy.

funny thing about his technical abstract..... he does not mention Gravity or electrohydrodynamics at all in this work.

I guess he's not really a "technical person" after all.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Flowperson,
Your tour of Egypt link,
If you look at the pictures, you will see HANDS, hands holding and been held aloft.
This in my hobbit opinion , is demonstrating dowsing, of the highest degree.
The ANKH is held always down to the ground ( earth into positive) the other staff varies, and the headgear is a representation of the relative alignment that is been detected.
As a planet crosses the area relative to the observer it will cause a resistance to the flow of space to where the observer is sited, as will the earth to an area on the said planet.
I consider that each alignment contains different parts of the cake mixture that create life.
If one ingreident is missing or in abundance, the cake mixture will be affected.
the Greeks did the same representations , ( god of war etc)
I look at all of these symbols with dowsers eyes, not those of just five senses.
The TIME to re-learn about all of this is at HAND.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

marking the path

Post by twigsnapper »

Leading me to tell you about this particular incident. Those who were directly involved will remember the finer details but I thought some of you might be interested in this. Kevin, It shows a certain dowsing in a totally different way.

All this talk of Remote Viewers being used or not used aside in the “ fight against terroristsâ€
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Mr Twigsnapper,
I consider that the senses in the hands and the feet have been surpressed.
Burn the witch , is a phrase that springs to mind, also CONTROL.
By surpressing our natural senses , our five prominent senses have raised and now almost totally dominate, we are therefore locked into the reality of these five dominant senses.
This has imo been recognised and utilised by those that master the five sense dominated reality.
Anyone appearing with advanced other senses has been eliminated, litterally.
This control has also been used to surpress the women, who are superior in areas outside of the five senses, in fact they excell.

The dominate five senses are mostly limited to the material and physical reality.
Men excell in this area , and so have dominated women, for a TIME, that TIME is imo up.
Bring it on, fast , the men are leading us into a brickwall.
I hope I am employing both aspects of myself more evenly, and thus recognise easily the superior aspect of the female half of ourselves.
That is been really well demonstrated upon here?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Kevin...Actually you're treading upon territory well known to the ancient Hebrew Priests and Prophets. It was their primary task, when in prayer and meditation, to pay the utmost attention to the attitudes that they placed themselves into.

When attempting to receive messages (mishkan-arrows of knowledge) from the deity on high, it was imperative to place themselves in the state of receptivity( shekinah) which was also known as the "attitude of the female".

It is curious that they didn't use females for these activities, but then they were the tribe that originated the reception and utilization of knowledge exclusively among male leaders (patriarchs) at the beginning of their history as the "chosen people". Of course females were generally considered to be "unclean" for various reasons, so much so that they could not be trusted with the sacred knowledge received from the Deity.

And we also know that at the beginnings of the Hebrew history, priesthood was restricted to descendants of Moses' brother Aaron and his progeny, and Temple attendants could only be descended from the line of Levi (Levites) and had to be male. To me this all implies a genetically inherited preference for those who inhabited the sacred precincts in their duties to YHWH.

There are remnants of these customs still functioning today, especially in the Roman Catholic and various Orthodox Churches where only males are allowed to be members of the priesthood. However Roman Catholic priests must also be celebate and are not allowed to marry, while some Orthodox denominations allow non-celebacy and marriage in their priesthoods.

By the way, Nikola Tesla's father was a Serbian Orthodox priest and was married.

flow.... :wink:
Griffin
Senior Officer

cycles

Post by Griffin »

It's instructive that various traditions recognized the importance of natural cycles, including macro cycles. For example, according to a Hermetic group -- drawing upon Egyptian, Chaldean and other ancient sources -- we are entering a feminine macro cycle. In the dualistic scheme of phenomenality, it can have its downside too -- but its upside will be glorious, inclusive, nurturing and furthering in benefits to the whole human earth tribe as well as mother earth herself.

Remember the women!

As ever,

Griffin