Keeping Secrets and Leaks

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

barfights and good looking strangers

Post by Victoria Steele »

Calmed me down? Why "Sweetie" ....... how nice of you to notice!

Oh! You would be surprised what I have learned from that big shadow! I would be eversomuch more dangerous in a fight NOW than I would have been then! One of the first things that he taught me, when up against a forceful opponent is 1) don't be there in the first place 2) Take out the knees 3) Run Forrest, run.

Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

First the book...

Post by Paul S. »

..then the movie... then the Broadway musical...
Victoria Steele wrote: and suddenly this big shadow blocked my sun. And this voice said. "Hello, can I help you with that?" And then this GORGEOUS MAN simply picked up the beam and walked off with it and I immediately thought .....MY HERO ...... ( and you all will be happy to note ... we are still together ... howzat?)
I just hope somebody someday will do justice to your story, too, Victoria.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Josephines story

Post by Victoria Steele »

Thats really sweet of you . Hey, years down the road I might have something really interesting to write about, I'll look you up! Until then I am really pleased with the "faces" you have given your story because like I said a very long time ago, if you just wrote about the science ( which is good stuff , I agree) but most of everybody else would snooze and fall off their stool. The fact that you are telling about Josephine and her little green teapot, and the romance between Linda and Morgan. I mean, really personal stuff , like his panic mode when she declared her love for him and all this bitter and yet so sweet experiences in Philadelphia!

Of course it helps me that I know some of the places mentioned and was there in the spring of a different year but the square and the city doesn't change all that much.

I'm coming to understand the sort of world that Josephine and Townsend were living in too. sometimes you just don't ask, especially when an eyebrow goes up. "family codes" someone once called them. Unwritten instructions. I just learned a new one the other day and its been used by Hollywood too so I guess its been retired but the phrase " We've got water in the basement here" (Oceans 12 I think! A Julia Roberts line)..... meant ..... "drop the phone.... don't ask ... run forrest run .... meet me at our predetermined place. now!". I wonder how many "coded" phrases were used by Josephine and Townsend Can you ask Linda Paul cause I am really interested!

yeah right, first the book. so not this thursday then. Pooh. Victoria
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

an interesting slant

Post by Mark Culpepper »

One of the things that I have REALLY appreciated about the work that Paul has done so far is that hehasn't crammed any of this Roswell Crash// Philadelphia Experimant rehashed stuff down our throats. ..........In fact he has, I would say, studiously avoided the subject.

And I love this either/or argument and the point that between those two points there could be thousands of other considerations.

I happened to browse through a book I havent read yet the other day. ........A newer work by Dan Brown.......... I really should pay some attention to some of the thoughts that he has had regarding the UFO lore. Looking, you know for a fresh thought process and Dan Brown can at the very least be good for that!

Anyway........ This is what he says MAY HAVE happened with the Rosewell story and you know .... it all sounds about right. You guys tell me what you think!. (page 316 of " Deception Point")

"Unsuspecting rancher William Brazel had stumbled across a debris field of radical synthesized neoprene and lightweight metals unlike anything he’d ever seen and he immediately called in the sherriff. Newspapers carried the story of the bizarre wreakage and public interest grew fast. Fueled by the militaries denial that the wreckage was theirs reporters launched investigations, and the covert status of Project Mogul came into serious jeopardy. Just as it seemed the sensitive issue of a spy balloon was about to be revealed, something wonderful happened.

The media drew and unexpected conclusion. They decided the scraps of futuristic substance could only have come from an extraterrestrial source. Creatures more scientifically advanced than humans. The militarys denial of the incident obviously had to be one thing only. A converup of contact with aliens! Although baffled by this new hypothesis, the Air Force was not about to look a gift horse in the mouth. They grabbed the alien story and ran with it. The worlds suspicion that aliens were visiting New Mexico was far less a threat to national security than that of the Russians catching wind of Project Mogul.â€
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Dan Brown's Take on Roswell

Post by Paul S. »

Uh, Mark, let me make sure we're on the same page here...
Mark Culpepper wrote:Neither of the entities ... the Air Force nor the Press saw what was actually happening because it was right in front of their noses! Am I the only one that thinks that this might have been a prototype maneuver?
I have a copy of Dan Brown's Deception Point. I think it is actually his third novel -- the one before DaVinci Code - not after. But that's beside the point.

I went straight to page 316 and noticed that I had also highlighted the passage you cited here about Roswell. It's certainly an interesting interpretation, one that sounds credible and, as you observe, a scenario that bears all the ear marks of a disinformation campaign.

I just wonder, what makes you think Brown's version is anything other than another conjuring in the service of fiction? Do you think it's a valid version of the actual story, or are you just admiring the disinformation scenario?
the Roswell crash covered something well enough .... then the Philadelphia Experiment came along and obscured something else?
And... just what might THAT have been?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
grinder
Senior Officer

trying to catch up

Post by grinder »

I have been trying to catch up on what was said here in Dan Browns book and you know his take on Roswell makes total sense to me but I still think that there was something else going on. But you know this thing is like the big fat onion. It just has layers and layers and layers . And someone here already said that this is a multilgenerational project and something about that tells me thats true too, speaking from my own backyerd. But you know I think alot of all of this is slowly coming into view for those who have thier eyes open. So keep on writing Paul because I think you have the key to most of it. Now there is a scarey thought. <g> grinder
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

either or

Post by Mark Culpepper »

I think we all have to remind ourselves not to fall into the either/or trap. Either its the Air Force covering up something alien/ or its the Air Force covering up their own project ... when it could be the Caroline Group in one of its forms muddying up the water to keep some of their activities safe from prying eyes? Or one of all kinds of choices beyond that thought? I see the possibilities here of things being worked against each other and that includes our own predispostions to run amok with a wild story amongst ourselves, and others with their own "agendas" (military and economic)to keep secrets from "ememies".

So what has Mr. Twigsnapper been doing all these years then for the Caroline Group? If he joined when Dr. Brown put his hand on his shoulder, just where has his path lead him I have been wondering? "Join me for life" is what Dr. Brown apparently said so I just wondered if its been the life that you imagined Mr. Twigsnapper? Being "in the service" of this Group? And I wondered who you consider your "boss" now? Morgan? Or? Have we been talking to the main man this whole time? MarkC
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

no, no

Post by twigsnapper »

No Mark,

Trust me. I am not the main man. I take "suggestions" from another. A person I admire highly. I never wanted to be a General but I have noticed even those have a way of bending to the will of this one person. Happily. Sometimes precariously ... but more than willingly. twigsnapper