Chapter 27 - A complete System

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
James Barrett

history

Post by James Barrett »

Langley,

Your responses and your participation are so valuable here, I can see that.

I have spent the last couple of days mucking about in the post Nicap world of flying saucer research and here are a couple of my reactions.

First of all, I can understand Elizabeth when she says much of this gives her a headache. You think that you are on to something really that is going to pan out and then personalities get involved, agendas, conferences are set up and then it just sort of dissapates into vapor. Name tags and story swapping. And you end up reading or seeing the same old reguritated stuff, like the fellow who was eating chili while watching the autopsy film and making the comment that it looked strangely similar.

I don't know. When you venture into this area you really have to have a very strong idea of where you want to go or you get lost fast. But thats the problem, if your mind is already made up you are not a very good candidate for seeing a new truth. Its just a mudhole to me and I am beinning to appreciate why Paul has avoided going in that direction too strongly.

Thats why I appreciate you so much Langley. You come at it from another angle and by doing that I think that you help see behind all of this " front". They are all screaming that they want puplic disclosure of the " truth" but none of them really want to do thier homework enough about history to really see it. And the UFO stories .... some started as a cover for the realities ... are just somehow EASIER to hash and rehash the way they started off, as wild conjections. Its hared work digging out the truth because you have to be true to yourself too and most don't want to do that.

And I note that Linda Brown, who is the person around here who probably knows the most about all of this, has said the least. Anybody think about that? I have been wondering why she has maintained such nearly absolute silence about so much that she must know.

I applaud Paul for his presentation at that one UFO convention. I can see that it was important for him to present his work to that point. I'll bet most of them listened for a moment and then, because it was different , went right back to stories of Roswell, or whatever the current flavor is. Oh yes, that would be antigravity and black triangles. Anybody see the irony in all of that?

I frankly do not consider all of those people Pauls sole and most important audience, because I don't think that they are. Not even close. JDB
Last edited by James Barrett on Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

James - Amen.

Langley - I appreciate your insight as well. In general, if I were a wanted man trying to cover my tracks, I'd hate to have this group hot on my trail.

Make no mistake about Linda Brown, though, she's always closely watching everything going on in the forums as well as other sources, and she has always been in constant contact with Paul and myself (my personal opinion is that she should get out a bit more, but..).

Aside from her personal insight into the Brown family archives, I'm sure you can imagine the huge volume of information in her journals kept over the years that have been an invaluable resource for Paul.

What appears to be absolute silence is her dedication to Paul's book by giving her undivided attention and information in that direction. Perhaps she'll decide to be a bit more "public" in the future - after said book is finished, of course.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
James Barrett

you think?

Post by James Barrett »

Hello Andrew,

Got to tell you that your work out there has been the main beacon of light in a very dark world. Thank you for that! Anytime I really wanted to know something solid about Townsend Brown I looked in your direction.

Regarding Linda Brown. Do you REALLY think that she will become more public after the book is out? I don't know about that. Interesting that you would think that.

I would almost wager that she will go in the opposite direction. After years of supportive silence ( meaning that all of her activities actually went first to your efforts and then to Pauls) do you really think that she would change her style when the first reporter came knocking on her door? What do you all think about that? From what you know of her so far?

I see her more continuing silently behind the scenes as her Dad did. In fact as someone already noted, as a child she did resemble her Dad and the phrase comes to mind .... " her fathers daughter". So I wonder about her activities after the book.

And you are right Andrew, she probably has alot of insights recorded but I doubt that she will hit any kind of " conference trail" with that, knowing the nature of those beasts.

No, I would guess that her participation after the book will be quiet and through others. My thoughts for the pennie pile. JDB
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

doesn't get out much

Post by Victoria Steele »

Andrew, you are funny.

And yet I don't know why that phrase you just used regarding Linda Brown struck me as funny as it did. Maybe I had this vision of that mad scientist at area 51 .... you all know his name by heart ... but when you said "My personal opinion is that she should get out a bit more, but" I just cracked up because I could see her with her white lab coat on maybe , just like her Dad .... hidden away at some base .... with her hair sticking out in all directions .... saying .... "I don't get many visitors you see" ......

But that giggle aside, maybe I do agree with parts of what you have said James. We don't spend much time here on the forum discussing Linda out of regard for her privacy. Maybe I was the one that started asking all of those questions in her direction and Paul summarily slammed the door and many of us haven't knocked on it since. But the feeling is that we really do care for her alot. I mean ... look at what she has shared with us! .... most of us who have actually read all of the chapters can't hear the words " quadratic equation" without thinking of her and Morgan and some warm Florida evening. So even though she is a decidedly private person she at the same time has made herself very vunerable to all of us.

I am not sure I would want to see her having to come face to face with some of the really silly thoughtless questions that might be out there. Remember the first entry on this forum? BLA? are you still out there? Have you gotten any wiser? Probably not! So in that respect I would want personally to be just a little protective of her and I think most of us would respond the same way. Of course maybe thats bad of us because when we do that we also keep her as our own unshared treasure. Something to soul search about I guess.

Anyway. Would it even be SAFE for her to become too much of a public person? How about some out there who would assume that she has information they want and could get from her? It used to be a dangerous world for her Father. You think its gotten any safer ? Victoria
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

taking a look

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Turning to this subject might prove interesting

http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~grantj1/old/trust.html

"As the millennium melts into history, we here on planet Earth are beginning to have a few rather strange preoccupations. In this article, I take up the phenomenon of alien invasion and abduction scenarios, and argue that they are best understood as part of a general pattern of post-W.W.II paranoia. Let's begin with a quick summary of contemporary, American UFO mythology"

and it continues with a very interesting and quiet study of the situation. Which I hope that we can follow up on..... POST WW II PARANOIA/ REALLY?............. She continues ..................

"What precisely would the government be doing with recovered space ships at Area 51? What kind of partnership do conspiracy theorists claim our government has struck with aliens? One hypothesis is that the American government is trading its citizens with aliens in exchange for weapons technology. Others believe that the aliens are trying to develop a hybrid alien/human race.[22] Most who claim to have alien implants in their bodies believe they are a kind of tracking device similar to what human researchers might use in tagging and studying wildlife on Earth. According to this view, we are part of some vast, intergalactic DNA harvesting project. Virtually all of these hypotheses as well as many others I have not mentioned touched upon the idea that UFO related incidents are connected to military activities involving illegal activities being perpetrated against American citizens. This hypothesis is buttressed by the fact that a huge proportion of sightings occur near military bases."

Enough stuff there to chew on for a long time.

Langley seems to feel that the stories of UFO are sort of a cover for Atomic Testing.

Pick almost any one of Judiths sentences above and you have enough material for a paper or two. " Others believe that the aliens are trying to develop a hybrid alien/huiman race" " data that military acivities involving illegal activities being perpetrated against American citizens?" " Huge proportion of sightings occur near militry bases."

You could go for years.

I am not saying .... go forth in that direction.

I am just pointing out that there are many many different ways of looking at the material coming in our direction. I would think that if each of us would consider each of these subjects carefully we would come up with even different conclusions than the writer has reached. And maybe different conclusions are needed now? What did Paul say about insanity .... doing the same things over and over and expecting different results?

I really don't think thats insanity. Thats just being human. But maybe there is much more to " just being human" and maybe thats what we can see here if we look hard enough. And once we begin to see that knowledge, what WILL BE be done with that? Elizabeth
Last edited by Elizabeth Helen Drake on Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Barrett

redirection

Post by James Barrett »

A splendid redirection of the subject matter Elizabeth, but the question still remains of Hagar at the Well. JDB
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

the FIRST message

Post by Victoria Steele »

Was this really the first message on the forum? Posted March 17, 2005?

viewtopic.php?p=84#84

"Its not right that the brown family to be so secretive about photos or any other proof of anti grav flight or any other breakthrough. They are being selfish with wanting a 'normal life'. They lost a chance to have a normal life as soon as their mother borne them. It is their duty to the human race to let proof, if it exists, to surface so the human race may better itself. "

If so, BLA ... are you still with us? What do you think so far of the messages posted after yours and the book so far? Were you upset by the way Paul responded to your post? You never came back with another one, did you? Or did you come back as another name? Actually I respect what you said .... you just maybe could have been just a tad more .... diplomatic maybe ?... with your statements.

I would have responded, if I were Linda ( because you see, SHE is the Townsend Brown family that you blasted away at) .... that I had done far more than my share already, that I didn't owe any whining humanity such as you ... (sorry) anything! That I already had paid a pretty damned stiff price and so far maybe hadn't seen any indication that " humanity" was maybe even worth it! That I didn't owe you or anyone else for that matter a stinking dime. What I might have said. Lucky I wasn't her. I wonder what you would have thought of THAT response?

Make you mad? Answer back?

Victoria
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

I'm still going with Jacques Vallee's take on all of this. If advanced psychotronic devices and methods are being used to alter citizens' views of their realities for nefarious purposes, then tangible evidence is irrelevant and most likely not attainable in any event.

The very fact that this occurs most often near military installations seems enough to indicate that either the perpetrators of these illusions/delusions wish to demonize the military and its mission, or they wish to split public opinion down the middle regarding the intense resource expenditures that the military-industrial complex implies through its very being.

Any way that you look at this it is deeply disturbing, and that's just what the perpetrators wish to have happening. Remember Satan goes back and forth, and up and down in the Earth, kind of like a King of the Demonic Plumbers Union. And repetition is a hallmark of these sorts of activities, not originality.

Yes Elizabeth, as you said repetition is all too human, but as Paul so wisely observed, this may lead to insanity and evoke chaotic changes based upon delusion as opposed to creative and collectively developed positive change. Change is inevitable since that is Mother Nature's Nature.

It depends upon whether you're talking about change based on planned outcomes and positive new beginnings, or only disorganized change to line the pockets of the delusionists. I go along with Paul here, and take the argument a step further in holding that "opaque repetition will lead to the downfall of western civilization" whereas "harmonic and convergent transparent change" will lead to a better future in the long term for all.

Very tough stuff ! Kind of a global net war.

The globe has been hard wired, gridded, and wireless signal flooded with the means and tools to accomplish any sort of brain wrenching madness envisioned and contemplated. And we're seeing instances of these sorts of events crop up in random and seemingly unrelated ways fairly often.

Many times, destabilizing incidents are not so coincidental or accidental as we're led to believe by the media. I'm reading Crichton's , State of Fear right now, and maybe he's brainwashing me. I dunno.

The U.S, Government plans to spend $42 billion of our dollars next fiscal year for "non-military" intelligence activities. What do you think all of that moolah is going to be spent on, coffeecakes ?

Hang on folks.

flow.... 8)
Dancing is better than marching
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

boy, do I need translations!

Flow,

I am glad that you are out here, wih others, trying to keep track of all of this. I just spent a couple of hours trying to follow some of these UFO conspiracy threads and I am .... washed out.

And these "Psychotronic programs " are really puzzling to me. I can't keep half of it straight. But I'd like to start up a discussion on some of that if you don't mind, just so I can get your input ( and others PLEASE, if you see something you have an opinion about PLEASE jump into this pool with Flow and me!) Flow just said

"I'm still going with Jacques Vallee's take on all of this. If advanced psychotronic devices and methods are being used to alter citizens' views of their realities for nefarious purposes, then tangible evidence is irrelevant and most likely not attainable in any event."

and that reminds me of what William Moore said too ....paraphrasing here ... " Whatever they are ... they have the ability to alter our perception of them."

Flow ..... what if .... the originators of these "pyschotronic methods" had nothing to do with "nefarious purposes"? What if ..... SOME are merely a sort of "protective camouflage" for another entity. A sort of earthbound protective eystem given to another of earths organisms?

You can tell that I am introducing something here I have thought about for a long time, and even mentioned before. But I would like to talk about it more in the future. I believe that we all have been dealing with an intelligence that rather effectively "hides" from our view by " looking like" something else to us.

I have learned one thing from Morgan and Mr. Twigsnapper. Diversion of attention is a wondrous and lifesaving tool. And people who stake their lives on it get extremely good at what they do. What if ...... this " intelligence" that Dr. Brown felt he was somehow in touch with .... also had that ability? What if ... it wasn't just our military? ( not saying that they might be into this sort of thing also, but I would hardly think that they were the masters of it, from what I have seen.

What if there is another entity that can protect itself by presenting its presence here on Earth with us as something ..... unseen .... to us." An ability to alter our brainwaves? Possibly. An ability to BE the transmitting media " intelligent aether? ... whatever )... to inspire us to various thoughts and actions? Which would include the inability to look straight at the situation?

Right now its just easier to see that the "military" would be the culprits in all of this. Half the time I think that they are as clueless as the rest of us as to what is going on in front of them.

And its easier for us to assume too that its something" nefarious" when that character might have nothing at all to do with the motives involved here. What if the motive is simple .... self protection?

I am trying to remember what it was that Paul said Townsend Brown said to his daughter when she asked why Flying Saucers hadn't already landed on the White House lawn. " Why should they sweetie, I think he said ... they already know all they need to know about us already and getting too close AT THIS TIME would be dangerous FOR EVERYBODY INVOLVED.
He said " everybody" which means there would be a danger to them too ... not just us .......
I think that he knew what the true nature of the entity was then .... and he knew that it needed protection of some sort.

Why would something so wise need protection? I haven't figured that out yet. Just my passing thoughts on the subject. Elizabeth
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Elizabeth...

I am mostly with you on these points. All phenomena have two sides to them, even technologically created phenomena, for that is the dualistic truth of the universe in which we exist, macro and micro. As above, so below, and one is a mirrored reflection of the other. Kevin quotes this a lot these days. It is among the most ancient of wisdoms, and a favorite paradigm of the practitioners of the Alchemical sciences, out of which modern sciences grew.

Just as technologically devised devices and systems have the abilities to convince us that what they portray are accurate reflections of reality, so also do natural systems do this same thing. Natural systems have enfolded us within nature's onness since our beginnings as algae and lichens, rocks and trees, flowers and animals, etc. This is where legends of the "little people", "faeries", "angels", "daemons" have come from. To the ancients they were as real as they were to each other because they were aspects of their origins in life.

Now science is showing us new versions of our histories as in the Flores Island hobbits who were fully developed humans by all accounts, except that they were very small. Everything around us consists only of energy patterns and space. The material manifestations that we percieve in all of this through our evolved senses are only collapsied quantum waves forms which are "perceived" as material realities by our senses. This is the basis of the overall thinking pattern that was utilized by the Media lab at MIT which produced much of the technological magic which we use today.

Our Native American brothers and sisters had a spiritual heritage of believing that "spirit" was in everything in the natural world around them in their lives. That's still true as far as I'm concerned, but it's just more confusing to us these days since so much of our environments are "man-made" these days.

Trickfox...your last post in another thread talked about sensing and transmitting nanotube radios. This is what I referring to. Is what the carbon nanotube radios transmitting to us perceived as malicious or beneficient ? That all depends upon the programming doesn't it ?

One of most captivating scenes in any motion picture I've ever seen was the death scene in Soylent Green wherein the character played by Edward G. Robinson is taken to a room that depicted a beautiful and limitless field of wildflowers. Beautiful music plays and he dies naturally with a smile on his face in peace. Then his body is taken and begins to be automatically processed into soylent wafers for others to consume so that they may live on in a world devoid of nature, caring, and hopes for a better future. That scene has probably motivated me more often to thinking and doing positive things in my life than anything else that I have ever witnessed. It still moves me just thinking about it.

flow.... 8)
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Flow-

I hope all is well with you in The Vegas. It’s been a few years since I’ve been there.

I don’t disagree that Jacques Vallee’s opinions on many aspects of the UFO phenomenon are probably close to the mark. There is obviously an enormous amount of disinformation and deception going on, and much or most of it is generated right here on earth. The Visitants that I have been studying and am concerned with have stated, in what I believe are essentially reliable communications, that there is what could be called a dark or negative side to the UFO/ET agenda that is opposite to their own. They clearly seemed to be referring to another extraterrestrial/interdimensional group, aside from what we now know about the terrestrial disinformation group. My problem with Jacques’ thesis in the Messengers of Deception is that he was lumping all ET contacts in together in a paranoia stew. I hope Jacques has rethought and sorted out these earlier assumptions. One of my contactee sources lapsed into this kind of paranoid perspective for a time in the late fifties and later regretted it. It’s certainly an easy state to lapse into. But then, just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean…

Negative mind states are best avoided, as I think we all know. They inhibit chi energy generation and flow and definitely affect performance. Yes, Flow, accentuate the positive – sung to a Buji-Wuji beat. As you may know, Buji can be translated from Chinese as “uninhibitedâ€
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

whistling in the dark still

It may be that I am still whistling in the dark because I feel you have still missed my point Griffin. Or maybe I am seeing something,( or thinking I am seeing something,) that is not really there for anybody else. ( or not really here period. Always that possibility.)

I agree with your " higher dimension" " Visitant scenarios " and I understand I think what you have been saying . I believe however that you may not be seeing what I have been talking about. when you write.....

" But I feel that the primary protective agenda is in protecting us and the earth from ourselves, as Pogo aptly put it. The connectivity issue does imply a mutuality of interests though. I consider the agenda of those I call the Visitants to be not only benign but beneficent, and I daresay that Townsend does too.

The PRIMARY PROTECTIVE AGENDA IS IN PROTECING US AND THE EARTH FROM OURSELVES. ................ You are right, we do need help saving ourselves from ourselves but I have news for most of us. The Earth doesn't need protection from us, in the long run. She will get along quite nicely in the billions of years in her future. We may not ..... but she will adapt and encourage whatever life form does best with the changing life scape.

Its our own ego that thinks that we can save the earth. What we are actually interested in is " saving the Earth as we can live in it." Take out that little element and most humans wouldn't give a rip.

I think that we are being given opportunies here to step up to the plate in this game. We have to learn to save ourselves from ourselves but also we need to understand that there are other beings here who are counting on us. We know about most of them .... the animals that count on us being thoughtful and caring ..even the plants that look to us ..What we don't know right now is that we are also being given an opportunity to show what our character honestly is to another lifeform that lives here along with us. Not a Visitant. A home grown entity beyond our current understanding. We are slowly learning what it is to be responsible for the animals in our care ...... but this other is going to require much more from us and much more is at stake. I believe that the animals and plants in our care cannot by themselves " pull the plug on us" where ..... this other entity could possibly have that power.

I see an entity that is capable of influencing our minds but intends for us to develop on our own. Giving us every opportunity to see what our reality actually is .... but if we fail and present a threat ..... then they could simply wipe us off the face of the earth and start fresh. ( and they would let us develop and carry out our own destruction, no difficult feat, when you can influence the thinking of humans with their hands over red buttons. ) Its really up to us I believe at this point to notice this influence and be able to counter or join, whichever is right for our futures as full fledged members of this community.

Anyway. My current thinking. Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake,
A couple of links,
http://www.dprins.demon.nl/convergence/9903.html
This one I consider is what would happen naturally, whilst this one may show what may occur by our ( well not ours, but somethings ) own hands?
http://www.mindfully.org/Reform/2006/Ea ... 4feb06.htm
kevin
fibonacci is king
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Kevin...Thanks for the two links. Some of this I've read before, and I never fail to marvel at the fact that so many other people elsewhere in time and place on the Earth have seen this all as we are seeing it here also.

It is plain and clear that some tend towards destruction, and others tend towards constructive progress, but unfortunately the prior elements have control of the minds of the citizenry, at least the majority of those who do not have to spend all their time just trying to survive to raise their families. I do not know how to stand and speak other than how we are doing that here. The apathy and ignorance of those who would destroy life is simply overwhelming sometimes.

Chin up brother. At least we're not alone.

flow.... :wink:
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

pro and con

I can look at that sentence in so many ways it scares me. When I am feeling good and optimistic I think ..... yea!!!! onward!!! and when I am feeling really pesimistic I think ........ "what did they call us again brother? Lemmings?" <g>

And then there are all of those other thoughts in between!
But there is something special that does happen when several minds get together to share information. A match in the darkness scenario and that works for me even in the worst of it. Thanks Flow. Elizabeth