Chapter 27 - A complete System

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

kevin.b wrote:If something has to be done, then it needs to capture the mass medias interest.
There must be a reason for the media to communicate with the people.
Therefore what is acheivable?
What could capture the attention?

Without knowing if the FTM technology is available, we are waffling.
If it is?, then any number of headline grabbing things could be organised.
Does the FTM need a sender and reciever station?
Does it create an independant FIELD about itself and anything within that FIELD?
If so , they are some choice objects that could be re-located.
The statue of liberty , suddenly appearing in Iran , would be funny.
Or stone henge , on the whitehouse lawn?

If the FTM stuff is not available , then what?
Nobody will take any notice unless it hits the news.
kevin
Just a side thought or perhaps a comment. Too much emphasis is being applied to the "FTM" technology. If it became apparent that it existed and then the knowledge became public AND available, and then looking at the mindset of the current generation (20-30), they would all be scrambling for one so that they could have yesterdays lottery number or whatever to alter THEIR life for what they assume is better.

IF I were the keeper of the keys, I would lock them up in a box that was tighter than a crabs ass....and that is water proof.

Does it really matter at all? I mean how would it solve any problems that currently exist that need to be solved? In my view it doesn't. I believe what AM said, says it best. People want to be able to eat, have a place to live in peace, feed themselves and their children and know that they are safe.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Griffin
Senior Officer

Scalared up

Post by Griffin »

Magic-

You wrote:
"Now it needs to be scaled up for greater power."

Comment:
I would like to suggest a slight, possible edit simply for emphasis.

How about:
Now it needs to be scalared up for greater power.

While fully realizing the enormous potential for abuse from this technology, I do think we need it as soon as possible in some applications to solve the considerable problems confronting us of our own creation. Scalar weaponry is already in the works, so short-term lower level use/abuse is inevitable. But times and mindsets are changing with the energetic changes coming to us.

As ever,

Griffin
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

The same situation appears to be been debated in many areas,
http://www.mountainman.com.au/aether_1.html
kevin
fibonacci is king
htmagic
Senior Officer

Uranium Chemistry & the FUSRAP Program

Post by htmagic »

flowperson wrote:Well, since we were talking of prophets named Yahweh and Las Vegas on this thread, and since Vegas is the home of the Atomic Testing Museum and is nearby the Mercury Nuclear Test Range just west of here, I thought that this would be the appropriate place to post an article concerning the beginnings of the Manhattan project.

<SNIP>

Well anyway, here's the information from the NY Times web site. The second link provides a map of the various locations in NYC where early atom bomb research was carried out before the bulk of it was moved to Oak Ridge, Hanford, and the University of Chicago. That's where Szilard and Fermi carried out the first sustained and controlled nuclear chain reaction under the bleachers in the U of C football stadium, Stagg Field. Names...always the names thingy.

flow.... 8)

http://nytimes.com/2007/10/30/science/30manh.html?8dpc

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2007 ... APHIC.html
This wasn't the only place that the Department of Energy (formerly the Atomic Energy Commission) stored uranium tailings. Tailings is the residue after the (wanted) ore (uranium) is extracted from the soils. A number of sites across the country actually stored these soils with radioactive contaminants such as uranium, radium, and thorium. Later on, the EPA got involved and asked the DOE to help clean up these former sites. So DOE started their Formerly Utilized Sites Remedial Action Program (FUSRAP). I was working on several FUSRAP sites in the 1980s including some sites south of Niagara Falls, NY. Actually, there were FUSRAP sites across the country as described in Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FUSRAP
http://www.lrb.usace.army.mil/fusrap/

It is interesting to review the history of why some of these contaminated piles came into being in the first place. For instance, at the St. Louis Airport Site (SLAPS) and other St. Louis sites, Mallinckrodt Chemical Company was processing uranium chemically and purifying it by chemical means. This is before the electromagnetic separation was used to enrich uranium in Oak Ridge, TN and long before the gaseous diffusion process, which the US still uses today. And thanks to US technology and research, the more efficient gaseous centrifuge program is effectively used by France and other nations but the US is still using 60 year old technology! :oops:

And the DOE uses tons of Freon 12 as coolant in their gaseous diffusion process to remove the heat of compression for the many stages in their process. The system leaks and all that Freon is destroying the ozone layer. But our 1 pound in all our cars does more damage?
BULLSH*T!!! :shock: They cut it out from us so they could get it cheaper... :twisted:

So you may think you're living in a pretty good area, but look around and you never know what's in that silo, or arsenal full of chemical warfare agents (blister agents {mustard and Lewisite} or nerve agents {GB, VX, etc.}). Sometimes ignorance IS bliss...

Now you know "the rest of the story"...

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: Uranium Chemistry & the FUSRAP Program

Post by Langley »

htmagic wrote:.....
So you may think you're living in a pretty good area, but look around and you never know what's in that silo, or arsenal full of chemical warfare agents (blister agents {mustard and Lewisite} or nerve agents {GB, VX, etc.}). Sometimes ignorance IS bliss...

Now you know "the rest of the story"...

MagicBill
Hi Magic, the suppression of harms to the GE workers who cleaned up the SL1
Idaho Falls Reactor meltdown... can you point to source documents on the public record? Is there evidence of harms to offspring of these workers?

Why is the US definition of a Hot Particle related to skin dose only?
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Warning! Danger Will Robinson!

Post by FM No Static At All »

Remembering a Genius Energy Inventor, Dr. Paul Brown (1955-2002)

Paul Brown accepting Award at COFE-99I thought it would be years from now that I would be writing about Paul Brown’s amazing life and what his friendship has meant to me. His passing on April 7 in a car crash is a great loss to all of us. I first met Paul in 1983 at a Nonconventional Energy Technology Symposium in Georgia where we both were speakers. At that time, we both liked sharing information and did not believe in proprietary secrets. Paul was the most courageous inventor that I have ever known. When he discovered that "The Moray Device and the Hubbard Coil Were Nuclear Batteries" (published in Magnets in Your Future, March, 1987), I was amazed. I remember having dinner with him in Ottawa in 1988 as he explained all of the historical evidence he had uncovered. This was detective work at its finest. Paul told me about the radiation burns he suffered on his hands as he learned how to carefully work with Strontium 90 and other materials. He also underwent training and certification to obtain the necessary license for handling radioactive materials. When Paul proceeded to improve upon the resonant nuclear battery work and patent it in 1989 (#4,835,433) as an "Apparatus for Direct Conversion of Radioactive Decay Energy to Electrical Energy," I realized the entrepreneur in Paul was now maturing. At thirty years old, Paul had merged his small Nucell company with a publicly trading Peripheral Systems, Inc. and began appearing in Fortune (Dec. 19, 1988), Business Week (Aug. 29, 1988), Hazmat World (Dec., 1989), Nuclear News (Jan., 1990) and even The New York Times (June 24, 1989). Paul also had significant conference presentations at that time such as, "Resonant Nuclear Battery May Aid in Mitigating the Greenhouse Effect" (American Nuclear Society, San Francisco, CA, 1989) and "The Beta Voltaic Effect Applied to Radioisotopic Power Generation" (American Nuclear Society, Nashville, TN, June, 1990).

Little did I know the life-threatening suppression that Paul suffered for inventing an improved, clean source of energy, that was better than any NASA thermoelectric "nuclear" batteries. Every so often a nuclear physicist in the audience would catch on that his battery exceeded the available thermal decay energy, which Paul calculated to include the available angular momentum energy. That is when his 25-year lifespan battery became too much of a good thing for some people. In 1991, Paul explained his disappearance from the business world and public life with a shocking one-page letter he circulated to IECEC speakers through Dr. Pat Bailey. His letter, showing how dangerous this work is, will forever remain etched in my memory (excerpt reprinted below):

"I have been involved with alternate energy since 1978, while still a college student. Over the years I have heard many nightmare stories about people who developed something significant only to be persecuted, harassed, persecuted, and even killed. I was sure that these stories were exaggerated or possibly the result of the inventor's own paranoia or such. Further, I met several inventors whom I felt were their own worst enemies (via fabrications of their imaginations) which confirmed my beliefs.

As time went on, in about 1982, I became involved in work of some significance and received some minor criticism and skepticism that I found to be beneficial as well as practical, but no death threats of any of the other forms of persecution. I built experimental devices, learned things unavailable from books, filed for patents and in general felt very satisfied with my life, society and the scientific system.

However, things began to change, slowly and alarmingly. The more success I had in my endeavors -- the more I began to attract dishonest and greedy people (I know this now but was unaware of it then). My life became more uncomfortable as time went on but I was not sure of the problem.

In 1987 we decided it was time to let the world know what we were working on and the results we were getting. It was a proud time for me. I thought we were doing the right thing. But this was the real beginning of the worst. Since that February 1987, I or my company have been persecuted by the State Dept. of Health; then the Idaho Dept. of Finance filed a complaint against the company and myself; my license for handling radioactive materials was then suspended for 6 months; I began to receive threats (i.e. ‘we will bulldoze your home with your family in it’); then the investigation by the Oregon Dept. of Finance; then the tax man; then the Securities and Exchange Commission; my wife was assaulted; I lost control of my company; my home has been robbed three times and vandalized on four other occasions; twice now I have been accused of drug manufacturing; I lost my home; most recently my mother’s car was pipe bombed. With each hardship I strive harder toward successful development of the technologies under my endeavor. But it only seems to get worse.

Someone once said, 'Paranoia is only a heightened sense of awareness.' He was right! It is hard for the average guy to comprehend these disasters happening to select people. I am here to tell you it is not coincidence. I now understand why some inventors drop out from society.

My advice to you is keep a low profile until you have completed your endeavor; be selective in choosing your business partners; protect yourself and your family; know that the nightmare stories are true.

God speed, Good Luck in your endeavors, and never lose The Faith.

Sincerely,

Paul Brown

(Open Letter to All Working on Alternate Energy– November 1, 1991)

It took about four more years before Paul would, as he told me later on, "stick his head above water to see if it would get cut off." He said that he had completely dropped the business venture in Oregon because his life was more important to him than money. Furthermore, the arrests and convictions that he endured were groundless harassment, according to Paul. My guess at the time was that they were probably intended to discourage him from disturbing the fossil fuel industry, which at that time, the U.S. was going to war to protect. Only with the subsequent encouragement of friends did he later resume his research and start lecturing again, this time on tritium batteries. When I saw Paul at a 1997 conference in Colorado, he was approached by a couple of businessmen who alerted him to the brand new Bell Labs-Lucent Technologies patent #5,642,014 (June 24, 1997). Called a "Self-Powered Device," the Bell inventors had brazenly referenced Paul’s public lecture on the tritium battery concept, which they proceeded to patent. What was also unusual about the application was that it was designed solely for a watch battery that would last 25 years. Instead of going for more powerful designs, that perhaps would disturb major economic controlling interests, Bell Labs chose an almost innocuous application that surely would not displace any existing businesses. To me, this shed a light on the problems Paul suffered in Oregon with "Solving the Worldwide Need for Reliable Cheap Power" as the title of a 1989 article in Business Magazine indicated as his intentions.

In the midst of the tritium research and Paul’s inability to buy it in the state where he worked, he accidentally stumbled upon a curious phenomenon in a nuclear handbook. As he looked down a long list of radioactive isotopes which are all made in nuclear reactors, Paul noticed that if he could remove one neutron from their nuclei, he would transmute each of them into a very-short-lived isotope. This discovery made him very excited and for the next few years, Paul started testing this theory. Not only was it true but the government apparently knew about it right after WW II. (Many scientific labs around the world subsequently confirmed the viability of the photoremediation--Hypercon process.) Why bury nuclear waste and endanger everyone nearby for thousands of years, Paul asked, when he could apply photoremediation (using low energy X-rays) and generate electricity too? As another company was formed and started to bring this invention to where Nuclear Solutions is today, Paul and his family had to survive a National Security Agency campout at their home for an extended period of time. The NSA kept threatening him and his family with "bringing in the van" if they didn't cooperate. When one young company employee asked an NSA agent what would happen if they just posted the information about nuclear waste treatment on the web in spite of any NSA controls, the agent responded, "We will kill you." (Paul's wife who was there has also confirmed this quote.) In terror, they could only imagine whether they would live through the interrogation experience or not. It was fortunate, as Paul told me later, that he made phone calls to at least one or more high level government friends, including one who had connections with the CIA. The intercession between Paul and the NSA, that was facilitated by the third party, was crucial to allowing Paul and his company to continue with their completely peaceful intention of eliminating nuclear waste.

Paul Brown was, and always will be, a hero in my eyes. He was also the first recipient of the "Integrity in Research Award" at our Conference on Future Energy in 1999, which made him very happy. The picture of Paul accepting that award can be found on our institute’s http://users.erols.com/iri/Pauleulogy.htm website, where we also proudly offer the 200-page "Collected Writings of Paul Brown, Ph.D." (IRI #808) as a memorial to his genius. Paul has published extensively on a wide variety of topics including atmospheric electricity, variable reluctance alternators, propellentless propulsion, alternates to mass-gain at light velocities, gravity and residual electric force, besides the nuclear topics mentioned above. Wired magazine produced a great article about Paul in Feb., 1999 called "Nuking Nukes" that is posted at http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/7.02 ... html?pg=19 (and can be emailed, faxed, or printed for free, according to the website).

The company he founded, Nuclear Solutions, www.nuclearsolutions.com has confirmed their intention to carry on Dr. Brown’s lifetime of service and discovery. Their main product, clean electricity generation plants utilizing photoremediation of nuclear waste, is well-documented on their website. It is a publicly trading company whose stock will inevitably soar, just as Paul did with all of his achievements.

Keeping the faith,

Thomas Valone, MA, PE
President
Integrity Research Institute
1220 L St. NW #100-232
Washington, DC 20005
202-452-7674, 800-295-7674
FAX: 301-513-5728
http://www.integrityresearchinstitute.org
The truth is out there

Fred
htmagic
Senior Officer

Re: Uranium Chemistry & the FUSRAP Program

Post by htmagic »

Langley wrote:Hi Magic, the suppression of harms to the GE workers who cleaned up the SL1
Idaho Falls Reactor meltdown... can you point to source documents on the public record? Is there evidence of harms to offspring of these workers?

Why is the US definition of a Hot Particle related to skin dose only?
Langley,

Cheers from this side of the big pond! I never heard of this incident until you brought it to my attention. But I searched Yahoo and the best information is on Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SL-1
There are a bunch of references in that article that I didn't check out.

I can answer your last question concerning the "hot" particles for the skin dose. When processing uranium, this is normally an alpha emitter. Some radionuclides are beta (electron) emitters. By using safe mass/safe geometry concepts, radiation scientists and workers workers prevent the uranium from going critical (called a criticality accident).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticality_accident

Health Physics (HP) personnel monitor such conditions and ensure safe work. They also use handheld detectors and area radiation monitors to detect radiation levels and contamination. Workers around radiation use protective clothing to keep them from the alpha particles (stopped by a sheet of paper, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_particles) and beta particles (stopped by foil, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_particles) emissions. They also use respirators with dual cartridges (HEPA and carbon) which keep the alpha particles (the most ionizing inside the body) out of the lungs. Now when something DOES go critical gamma (ray) bursts usually occur as well, dosing the entire body. Time, distance, and shielding are the best methods to reduce radiation exposure.

When we left the material acess area where uranium processing was occurring, we would stick our hands and feet into a hand and foot monitor which would detect any contamination. Here's a typical one.
http://www.canberra.com/products/575.asp

We also had personal badge type dosimeters that would be read on a frequent basis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermolumi ... _Dosimeter
The link to the dosimeter in Wikipedia shows an old dosimeter. Before that, they used film badges which were read on a frequent basis to determine dosage. http://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/dosi ... meters.htm

Hope this helps!

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...