BRAIN PRINTS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

The word is about, there’s something evolving,
whatever may come, the world keeps revolving
They say the next big thing is here,
that the revolution’s near,
but to me it seems quite clear
that it’s all just a little bit of history repeating

The newspapers shout a new style is growing,
but it don't know if it's coming or going,
there is fashion, there is fad
some is good, some is bad
and the joke is rather sad,
that its all just a little bit of history repeating

.. and I've seen it before
.. and I'll see it again
.. yes I've seen it before
.. just little bits of history repeating

Some people don't dance, if they don't know who's singing,
why ask your head, it's your hips that are swinging
life's for us to enjoy
woman, man, girl and boy,
feel the pain, feel the joy
aside set the little bits of history repeating

.. and I've seen it before
.. and I'll see it again
.. yes I've seen it before

(Miss Shirley Bassey/Propellerheads)

Why just today I was told to: abandon this obsession with UFOs and this fringe science of ''communicating at the mitrogenic level by manipulating the bioinformatics of the universe''

I was told I'm wasting my time!

Now....... I know who "THEY" are.
"They" are the people who think they own objective reality
and it's just a little bit of history repeating
For as you may know I call it a "hiccup" or "self editing".
It's been happening to me on this forum for a year.

A few weeks ago the book "the Holographic Universe" was recommended reading, and the Book "the secret" became a best seller and a nationwide obsession much like "what the bleep" was a year ago.
So it seams like a bit of history repeating.

So perhaps this thread should just bifurcate into itself in the next iteration.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Very important EHD, and some of us who embarked upon the study of complex and chaotic systems in the 80's are gratified that more and more people are realizing everyday that at some levels EVERYTHING in the universe is interconnected.

Of course poets and musicians knew all of that quite sometime ago.

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Perhaps a caterpillar sat upon a toadstool knew as well?
curiouser and curiouser?
http://www.imaginaria.org/wasson/life.htm
With this next link, type wasson in the find box at the top right corner
http://deoxy.org/
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Rocky
Space Cadet

Post by Rocky »

All,

Here are a couple of links, which are pertinent to this discussion. I apologize if you are already familiar with this research. I find the data being generated very thought provoking to say the least. It supports the idea of precognition with cold hard facts. You can download the data as it is acquired from the Princeton site. This offers a variety of research opportunities to someone willing to sort through the numbers.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/display/?id=126649

http://noosphere.princeton.edu/

LongboardLOVELY wrote:
Rocky,
I agree with you that there is limited validity in the Orch-OR theory of consciousness. There are really two separate theories, one about collapse and one about consiousness. It is possible for the theory of collapse to succeed while the theory of consiousness fails. The collapse theory (Objective Reduction) could then be linked into the interpretation of quantum mechanics. But the Penrose interpretation does not assume a spontaneous collapse model.

I wasn't thinking exactly of the Orch-OR theories, because as you had stated, it is controversial. But of course there is no such thing as electrogravity either! Right?
I agree. However, the possibility still exists that the Orch-OR theories may be dead on. Some of the earlier arguments against consciousness have eroded as new discoveries have been made. I have chosen to keep an open mind on this one. I wouldn’t want to wager either way at this point.

Rocky
Trickfox
The Magician

Déjà-vu may not be time travel after all

Post by Trickfox »

http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2007/deja-vu-0607.html

Just when I was starting to believe Déjà-vu was a symptome of the FTM technology this Nobel prize winning scientist blows the hell out of my theory and says's it's a "degeneration of brain tissue".

Could it be that he's wrong.... I'd like to ask the mice but they don't talk english.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Speaking of Deja Vu

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

Trickfox, and others:

Speaking of Deja Vu, on Friday I was sitting in on a class at the University and the professor mentioned a DVD movie called Brain 101 which I had seen brief snippets. The night before I was thinking about posting something here on this forum thread about that exact same topic. And then I see that Trickfox is mentioning deja vu!

When Twigsnapper first created this post in response to something that I had said in an earlier message (or maybe it was a private email?) I had been ill and was going to see a doctor when I 'happened' across an article in a men's health magazine. It was front cover story, so the cover just sorta jumped out at me.

It's in the Men's Vogue Jan/Feb 2007 and the title of that article:

"MIND CONTROL: Condition Your Brain To Go Pro"

The gist of the article is neurofeedback training. Any athlete who uses this technique can play a better game, or score more points. Here's a clip of the article:

"A quiet mind is a winning mind.
That's why the players of the Italian soccer team AC Milan gather every two weeks in the Mind Room, a glassed-in facility at the team's chic training complex. There, on zero-gravity recliners, listening to the soothing sounds of New Age music, they unwind. In a way. Each player's head is fitted out with miniature electrodes that send a signal from his scalp to a computer, so while he relaxes he can also watch his brain waves play out, like a video game, as brightly colored zigs and zags on a monitor.
Every once in a while, an aberrant wave pattern flickers across the screen. The penalty kick missed against Juventus? Anger at being benched? When these sudden spikes appear, the player's job is to use all of his mental discipline to banish the discordant thought - the anxiety response of the brain to a negative memory - and return to a neutral, open state, optimal for performance
. "

Another interesting point made in the article is that this neurofeedback training can be used to improve other skill sets too, such as professional skills and family skills (sense of organization, how we deal with setbacks, how we respond to our family).

~~~~~~~~~~

On a different vein, my classmates in martial arts had been talking about something called NLP, Neurolinguistic Programming. I know that this is not new, but it is new to me. So any one with a little bit of insight into NLP, please feel free to gab amongst yourselves and I'll sit in the corner and take notes!

LongboardLOVELY
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein