Chapter 59: The Whole Deal

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

funny man

Post by ladygrady »

And you might be absolutely right. I would maybe need to add though that some assignments might have been " before my time" <g> and " what desk?" <g>

and as far as Linda Browns response? I think it might be , even bound to be, a question after a question. As in ..... " Who, me?" grady
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

I haven't laughed like that for a while

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

THANK YOU MIKADO and LADYGRADY. That exchange was real funny. While we're on the topic, I am sure my husband would like a few questions answered too... lots of blanks on his page!!!

LBL
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Like trying to catch a ghost in the vacuum of space.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Time or Place?

Post by Paul S. »

Mikado14 wrote:
How you doin' Mr. Schatzkin? What's the ole Perfesser up to? (trying for a little small talk here).
I'm pretty good, actually. Just going one day to the next, enjoying the most excellent weather we've been having and the fact that our trees have finally recovered from the freeze last month.

Thanks for asking.... Sweetie.

And thanks for misspelling "Perfesser" correctly.
Do you want an idea on what the Argonaut would do or should I say, where it would go?
Where it would go... or... when it would go (to) ?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

One Other Place (sorta)

Post by Paul S. »

LongboardLOVELY wrote:1 ] The top of the list is the chapter when Townsend told Morgan that Time Travel was possible in his lifetime, and since mention of the fictional (???) Argonaut, this is the only other chapter making concrete reference to time travel.
Actually, the subject is addressed in one other place, though not in so many words

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity/21_gravity.html
However, when Einstein said that gravity produces a curvature of space, he also said that space and time are inseparable cross-threads in the fabric of the universe he called “spacetime.â€
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

What's It All About...?

Post by Paul S. »

LongboardLOVELY wrote:I have a question. Morgan (and Linda) wouldn't have mentioned Alfie if the character wasn't important. I am just working my way around that part of the story.

Who was he? Is he a CG operative? Was he there to keep an eye out on Linda before Morgan got there? I don't believe it was chance that he was there. And he must have some sort of significance to the story.
I don't know any more about "Alfie" than what I've relayed in this chapter. Nor do we ever see or hear from him again.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: UHF as a Power Source

Post by Langley »

Mikado14 wrote:
Paul wrote:
Mikado14 wrote: You just described a crystal radio except the speaker or headset replaces the galvinometer.

Mikado
Yes, and the tuning capacitor. I was after something commonly in use now.
There is no tuning capacitor in a crystal radio, tuning is accomplished by a slider on a coil with the crystal to the wiper. Search the forum, we have discussed crystal radio or "cats whisker" radios before and their uniqueness. I am only pointing out that the microwave detector is identical to the above.
Paul wrote: But the higher the frequency the greater its induction ability and the greater its penetrating power. Like AC transmission in a power line is more efficient as it self induces. where as dc sees more resistance during transmission.
Could you possibly explain what you mean by self inducing? Just curious.
Mikado
Ac is transmitted with less loss in a power line than dc. dc encounters more resistance. AC on the other hand projects an inductive field around itself and as a result is able to be transmitted with less loss.

re the crystal set, I stand corrected, I was going on the way a crystal radio I had as a kid worked. My particular one had a variable capacitor for tuning.

However, being a nerd, I will get my micro wave oven leakage detector and attach a dipole aerial to it, connect the meter outputs to my hifi and see what I get.

This will involve taking it to bits, something which my wife hates me doing.

It occurred to me that sychronised (to allow summing and avoid nulling) rectification of multiple signals would result in a high current dc source being created from low energy multiple signals.

If one considers every signal to be tied together by a fundamental carrier signal, then maybe that was the thing TT was measuring.

But Im just thinking out loud.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Ac

Post by Mikado14 »

Paul (Langley),

Stepping into the wayback machine here, I wired up the runway lights for an airport that I used to fly out of back in the 70's, it was New Hanover in Pennsylvania and it was a grass strip. ( I wanted to learn to fly from a grass strip so I wouldn't be afraid or that I would know what to expect if I ever had to make an "emergency" landing in a hay field. Talk about confidence (you listenning Martin?)).

Anyhow, I ran a single wire to all the lights one after the other and attached the other wire of the light fixture to the copper rod that the light was attached to and the rod was driven into the ground.

Any thoughts as to why DC wouldn't have worked and how it is that the AC worked?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
grinder
Senior Officer

where/ when?

Post by grinder »

Paul (S.),

And you thought that you could write this ......
"Where it would go... or... when it would go (to) ?"

without a WHOLE BUNCH OF COMMENTS FROM THIS PEANUT GALLERY?

Indeed! " When would it go"

Comments?

I 'm first. How do you go about testing something like this? REALLY. Like "Stargate" do you just sort of send pieces of your own livingroom through and see if they show up in old family albums? I mean, really? How do you test this thing?

And assuming that you could actually DO this sort of thing and the Caroline Group understood and USED it what does that really mean for our world history. Have we been constantly "tweaked" as we groped our way through history as we saw it by individuals who "saw it " totally differently? Do we thank them for what they have done, or like kids with over protective parents, do we swear at them for over controlling us? But you see, we don't have to do any of that, isn't that nice , because we haven't known about any of this. Well ..... I guess the eyes might be opening a little. What now? Like I said this whole thing is way beyond Pauls book. This is the start right here right now of something really major in our understanding of our own reality. grinder
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

once developed, used

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I was just watching a particular presentation of Nova which dealt with the German development of heavy water (for its use in a possible nuclear bomb program.) One of the German Scientist was interviewed and he said that he understood that if something could be built, it would be, and once built, would be used. Like dominos .

So what happens if some of the work developed by Townsend Brown leans toward some sort of 'Electrogravitic bomb"? If its POSSIBLE does that mean that its inevitable to be built? and then, tragically used?

Thats what happened with the atomic bomb and we were the country that used it (but if someone else had gotten there first I am fairly sure they would have used it too). It seems the consensus is right now is that Hitler diverted the research because he needed something that had an immediate use, feeling that they did not have the years it might have taken to develop a real bomb. That might be true, he was operating under a set of urgencies in 1944. He was losing.

So how would the Caroline Group maintain control over us making the mistake of actually exploding an electrogravitic bomb? Maybe they (better than most) would know thats what is in our character to do? Will we ever actually change enough to be able to use what might really be available without turning it against others?

I don't like spending time in the area of bombs etc. I notice though that Nick Cook did spend some time consdidering the possibilities. Don't have the book in front of me but his advisor told him that a bomb like that would make the atomic bomb look like a "firecracker". Are we going in that direction? How can we avoid that? Elizabeth
grinder
Senior Officer

just like he said

Post by grinder »

I saw that show too.
Just like he said. If its possible to be built it will be built, if its built, it will be used.

Why? Because the question of " Will it work?" has to be answered.

The only way (or one of the ways ) to control the situation is to keep people from discovering it in the first place. grinder
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Re: once developed, used

Post by Radomir »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:I was just watching a particular presentation of Nova which dealt with the German development of heavy water (for its use in a possible nuclear bomb program.) One of the German Scientist was interviewed and he said that he understood that if something could be built, it would be, and once built, would be used. Like dominos .
I don't like spending time in the area of bombs etc. I notice though that Nick Cook did spend some time consdidering the possibilities. Don't have the book in front of me but his advisor told him that a bomb like that would make the atomic bomb look like a "firecracker". Are we going in that direction? How can we avoid that? Elizabeth
Why did Atlantis sink?
What formed the Asteroid belt?
Have such things been built and used in the distant past?

As with our thread on the Doomsday Clock, I have to emphasize my faith in humanity: for as long as we've had the power to destroy the planet hundreds of times over, we have not. I realize that's "negative proof" but it works for me.

From a Buddhist teaching standpoint, mindfulness involves is training your mind to the point where you can see what you would do from an impulsive or conditioned response, and you make a different choice. In this context, to me it means that the German scientist is right only as long as those building weapons are reacting from a reactive or conditioned framework.

Every scientist has the choice of whether or not to build a weapon, whether they realize it or not. Even if some power hungry regime is holding your family hostage, telling you to build a weapon, you have the choice. We've already seen plenty of examples of folks in WWII in Nazi Germany who were actively working behind the lines to delay or derail their own country's weapons development programs. Some chose to leave their country rather than be involved.

Also, for every group of people who might want to use technology like that as a weapon, I feel they will always be outnumbered by those who would choose not to or would seek alternatives--even if it means fleeing the region where such weapons are being used. Maybe we've already fled one planet and started over, perhaps more than once.

I also see far more potential for defensive applications of the electrogravitic effect than I see destructive. Perhaps it's just my personality type. But we can start with the advantage of instantaneous communication over distance which can help with intelligence gathering, preparation, and avoidance of conflict. On a more tangible level, I can imagine fixed terrestrial or craft-mounted defensive sensors and shields--perhaps with the ability to induce self destruction at a distance of inertially-triggered bombs or missiles, etc.. You have the advantage of craft which can perform extreme evasive maneuvers, phenomenal speed, and which enjoy radar/sonar invisibility.

The question comes down to culture change, a shift in what we all could be as a species if we had access to such technology. One based on enoughness as opposed to scarcity, which is about fulfilling human potential, becoming proper stewards of this planet, and perhaps others. This has as much to do with child-rearing as it has to do with anything.

You either take a small group of like-minded individuals somewhere to "start over" from scratch, with full knowledge of the technology, the implications, and you try to build a society that can cope with and be worthy of such power and responsibility. Or you're stuck with trying to promote incremental global social and cultural evolution that might move us as a species closer to a more inter-dependent, life-affirming common good focus, rather than an "I've got mine, screw you." mentality, which is where the dominant culture is now.

The above isn't as tight as I would wish, but it's the best I can do on a Saturday morning. Mr. Twigsnapper said it better (and more briefly) and I'll ask his forgiveness as I spin this as being as much about individual maturity as about our growing up as a species:

viewtopic.php?p=5440#5440
part of growing up is finding out who you actually are. Where you have come from in the past. What road you happen to be on now and your capabilities to choose your path in the future. Thats really what its all about. Being able to recognize yourself so that suggestions from outside can be weighed carefully and acted upon wisely. Gone I think are the days when we can take intructions without the responsibility of our own self will. Its very soon going to be a new age. But looking back and honoring those who have made up our past? Thats important. twigsnapper
R.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

each section, one at a time

Radomir,

You have written a beautiful message which deserves careful study and response. So, until I get my better hat on too ... this is just my reaction to just one section of it.

You said " You either take a small group of like-minded individuals somewhere to "start over" from scratch, with full knowledge of the technology, the implications, and you try to build a society that can cope with and be worthy of such power and responsibility. Or you're stuck with trying to promote incremental global social and cultural evolution that might move us as a species closer to a more inter-dependent, life-affirming common good focus, rather than an "I've got mine, screw you." mentality, which is where the dominant culture is now."

The FIRST thing I notice is the "either/or" statement but lets get back to that later.

Going on the either ....... "you take a small group of like minded individuals to " start over "..... I have this nagging hunch ( I could be wrong) that has been tried before. I am not sure it has been all that successful because ultimately we still end up right where we are ... right now.

Or ... you are stuck trying to promote incremental global social and cultural evolution that might move us as a species closer to a more inter-dependent, life affirming common good focus......

Of the two offered I would take the second.

Now what? How do you get people to realize that the "I've got mine, screw you" ultimately is disaster waiting to happen. Positive steps? Elizabeth
Trickfox
The Magician

Re: Alfie

Post by Trickfox »

Victoria Steele wrote: Radomir, you said that maybe Morgan ignored Linda intentionally because Alfie represented a part of his "old life" in New York City and he didn't even want that character to notice her. So by interacting with him .... (and ignoring her) he set up a distraction.
I think you're absolutely correct Victoria. That Alfie character was not even suppose to know that She was one of Morgan's most protected friends.
I'm sure many of us picked up on it but for those who are new to this, -it was worth pointing out.

I'm still reading so I might have to say something else further in this thread.

Now I see that Elisabeth has opened up a can of worms with the bomb issue. I agree with everyone that the possibility of abusing the technology has been around for several years. We should have self destructed a few years after hiroshima, but we did not.

Many people just think like Radomir. They are just "decent".
The question comes down to culture change, a shift in what we all could be as a species if we had access to such technology. One based on enoughness as opposed to scarcity, which is about fulfilling human potential, becoming proper stewards of this planet, and perhaps others. This has as much to do with child-rearing as it has to do with anything.
I salute you Radomir that was a wonderful post. Now........Perhaps I can jump on another lilypad (WWRRRipittt) and mention that there has been a subtle batttle on earth about the "stewardship" of the Earth itself. I t just seems strange to see that the leaders of "fundamental religions" are fighing over "the politics of poisoning the Earth".
http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/7557.html
Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

some do and some don't

Trickfox,

Maybe Trickfox its just that some " get it" ( the importance and the implications of things" and some do not.

Not to ruin everybodys Saturday but I have gotten a response from our own dustup artist, William/Justice. He complained bitterly that I "stood by" while all of you misunderstood him. (That he was treated as a traveller in the desert who was beaten up, his water taken and his camel stolen .... I am trying to surpress a smile because I have just recently gotten Mr. Twigsnappers reaction to that, none of which I will / can repeat.)

William complained that we had accused him of having an agenda and then demanded of me what his agenda was. He REALLY wanted to know he practically screamed off the pages. And I thought, maybe that has been our difficulty in dealing with and being to communicate with William? He doesn't know where he is coming from either. He doesn't know his own agenda.

Everyone has at least one agenda! Its not a sin to admit to having one! or more! You SHOULD have one that you build your life missions around......And if he has to look to us to tell him what his is?.. .... well, he just doesn't get it. Its up to him to quietly figure all of that out.....Or not, up to him, entirely. Elizabeth