Chapter 55: Situation Normal

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: a question for ALL

Post by Mikado14 »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:During World War ll , If a military man were to use the expression that someone had come in "with all flags flying", what would that mean?

That expression was used in our direction to explain a situation and I am sure that its up to me to find out exactly what it means. And right now, I really don't have a clue.

I think that it has a specific meaning. But since I am not familiar with the phrase that much, to me it would simply mean that whoever was arriving was arriving with some amount of fanfare. Would I be right in assuming that? Somebody pretty important? I just thought I would ask my research helpers out there. Has anyone run into this expression? Am I on the right track? Elizabeth
Just another view point here,

Perhaps you are all reading too much into the statement. In my family, myself and my one Uncle (Mother's side) were the only ones to go into the Army. However, My Father, his brothers, etc were all Navy men. The term "all flags flying" is a Navy term (Old Navy). Ships would signal each other with flags as to orders. If all flags were flying, orders were being given and they were going into battle. Remember, before radio, there would be one ship that would be commanding a battle at sea, the flagship, and all other ships would be looking upon her for orders.

To use the term in respect to people meant that that person was taking charge and were being bellicos.

Mr. Twigsnapper was a Navy man, perhaps it was just an expression.

Just a thought,

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

all flags

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Mikado,

I think that you are absolutely right here. Thats what immediately struck me. That somebody came in and sort of " took over" the situation. And you ar right also that it was an old Navy description. Rather than an Army one for example. And knowing the source of this new material I would be tempted to think, if I had to guess that it was someone with English Navy ties. But just who right now is still in the dark and the first part is just my wild guess at this point.

I think there are bits and pieces of everything perhaps that is correct and I am fascinated by the " flags" expression that grinder came up with.

Now look at it from the other point of view. If you were an individual who was under an oath not to reveal the name or rank of a certain person in a particular situation ( and you were smart enough and trusted your researchers enough to uncover tough clues, might you use a phrase like that to paint a picture and name individuals, without actually doing so? Of course if your researcher responds like a lump on a log and says " I don't get it" and leaves the information lying there, not much else you can do.) So you can see the sort of pressure I feel myself under. I don't want to be asleep at my own mental wheel.

And thinking in that direction to that "source" out there. I know tht I have probably REALLY disappointed you more than once. Sorry about that. I am trying to get sharper on this. Its really tough, you have to admit, when there are more than simply one answer to a set of questions! And some of the " Right" answers can be totally opposite. This information does not play by any of the rules I have ever known before. If something here is "right" you absolutely can not assume therefore that the opposite of it is " wrong". This is tough!

And the first response, " we are reading too much into this" is a good and valid response too Mikado! But theres the rub. Its just one of them! Maybe its true that we are ( I am trying too hard) Maybe if I just "cool my jets" all of the answers to these strange questions will unfold? I think so! So now I am just like the rest of you, I guess. I will sit down for awhile and see what happens next! But at least you hav my two cents worth! Elizabeth
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

one request

Post by ladygrady »

Paul,

I have noticed that most of your chapter endings carry the "to discuss this chapter please go to the forum" which is just great and makes things easy but the one that I have really enjoyed is the " Next Chapter" link.

I have found its fun to just reread your book and go immediately from one chapter to the next, but some of your completed chapters don't have that link to the next one. Is this intentional? If not can you but all of the chapters up with links to the next one in line? It really helps keeping the flow going and I am sure that your newer readers would enjoy the convenience. I am hoping that it was just an oversight and you can add it easily.

Good reading! I have said before but you know when you read several chapters together without stopping your work takes on a life of its own. Its GOOD Paul. You will have an amazing future with this book, and I suspect, others. Get accustomed to applause , for it is heading in your direction. grady
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: one request

Post by Paul S. »

ladygrady wrote:I have found its fun to just reread your book and go immediately from one chapter to the next, but some of your completed chapters don't have that link to the next one. Is this intentional?
No, that is not intentional at all. I generally try to add the "next chapter" link as I'm preparing the new chapter, sometimes I guess I just let that task slip by.
If not can you but all of the chapters up with links to the next one in line?
Don't suppose you could tell me which ones don't have the link so I don't have to go searching? If not, I'll make a point to look for them when I get the next chapter ready. I have some other edits to work in as well.

Good reading! I have said before but you know when you read several chapters together without stopping your work takes on a life of its own. Its GOOD Paul. You will have an amazing future with this book, and I suspect, others. Get accustomed to applause , for it is heading in your direction.
Thanks. I haven't gotten tired of hearing that yet. But there's still a lotta chapters to go, and they don't seem to get any easier from one to the next. So, off I go now to cobble the next one together.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

missing links

Paul,

Chapters that need links 37,38, 42,53 and 54

Try that folks if you want a true rush! Just start at the beginning of Pauls book and " speed read" down to the bottom of the chapter, hit the link and do it with the next. Talk about warp drive. It really needs to be experienced like that. You would be amazed at the sense that you get and the little pieces of information that sort of reaches out to you as you fly past. Amazing experience. I encourage anyone of you to try that. It only takes a few moments and will be a total experience, unbroken , when Paul gets a chance to complete the links. Wait until he gets that chance to do that and then strap yourself in and take that ride!

And those of you who decide to do that ... Please get back to me about the things that you noticed going by so quickly. Elizabeth
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Wierd coincidences

Post by Victoria Steele »

So I have done exactly what you said Elizabeth. Started at the very front of Pauls book and ripped right through to Chapter 55. Pretty amazing the things that reach up to you as you do that.

But one of the first things I wanted to talk about was one of the first things that PaulL ever said about Linda Brown. I quess he was asking Andrew who it was that he should contact regarding his interest in writing a biography.

Andrew .... You responded to him that there was a "rumor" that Linda " had been killed" and that she "preferred to leave it that way"

Now I am surprised really that in all these months no one has even asked about that? Isn't that an odd sort of radical statement for her to make?

I wouldn't even be mentioning it right now but I was at a little party last weekend and above and beyond the " Hollywood stars and actor wannabes" there were some REALLY interesting people there who got on the subject of the life of Townsend Brown. (Well, maybe I lead the initial conversation just a little but I was struck by how quickly the subject was continued without my input.)

One of the gentlemen standing there was a writer of some recognition. I asked him why he didn't follow up on this story of TTB himself much earlier. And he said " Oh BUT I DID. UNTIL SOMEONE TOLD ME HIS DAUGHTER WAS DEAD AND THERE WAS NO ONE ELSE WITH VALID INFORMATION. So he abandoned the thought. Now he says he is embarrasesed that he took a rumor seriously without checking up on it. Especially now that he sees where Paul has gone with the information!

I went away wondering how in the world such a rumor would have reached him and then I remembered the comment that you made Andrew.

So, can anybody tell me what was happening in the late 80s? and if Linda was supposed to be "dead" how did she manage to "drop out" so sucessfully. And did she KNOW all this was happening? Wierd questions but I thought I would put them in front of THURSDAY PAUL????? Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Calendar/Reality Check

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote:THURSDAY PAUL?????
Yes, it is indeed Thursday, isn't it.

However I'm sorry to report that Chapter 56 has been rather slow in starting. So, not today, and I'm not making any promises yet about next Thursday, either.

Fascinating about your Hollywood encounter. I just hope whoever you talked to is not standing in the wings waiting to siphon all this off into a "fictional" account.

That's been known to happen. Witnessed it myself last week in San Diego...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Russian WWII Films of Nazi Saucers in Antartica

Post by greggvizza »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0775382831

The above is a link to a Russian documentary that shows WWII era footage of NAZI saucers operating in Antarctica. The best visuals seems to start around 12:00 min in. At around 39:00 they seem to be very stressed over the HAARP station in Alaska. They tie it to space-time warping and wormholes.

GV
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

gregg

Sure would like to have a translated/subtitled version of that. It is interesting that the makers of this video seem to devote a lot of time tieing Nazi technologies to ancient myth/legend, at least that's what seems to be going on.

Also, remember the closing episodes of the X Files movie ? These stories about secret Nazi bases in Antarctica go back a long way, but they've always been anecdotal and spotty.

And by the way, Mulder and Scully are reuniting for another film, at least that's the scuttlebut.

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: missing links

Post by Paul S. »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Chapters that need links 37,38, 42,53 and 54
Those "Next Chapter" links should all be working now.

While I was at it, I fixed a number of typo's and other errors, thanks to the eagle-eyed reading by H. Short.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

thanking ahead of time

I just wanted to thank anyone ahead of time. As Paul mentioned, H. Short found some things that were subtle mistakes (usually typos) and in the future I know that there will probably be more. Its hard ,I am sure Paul will tell you, to be so close to this material and sometimes see it with fresh and critical eyes. So in a way we both ask you all to please tell us if you see something that is a typo .... but more important than that, if something that is written is a still a puzzle to you, when it shouldn't be. Please post and let us know your concerns. Sometimes things just fly by unchecked even though we think we are double checking the material. As I said ... ahead of time .... thank you. Elizabeth