LESSONS OF HISTORY

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

similar thoughts

Post by twigsnapper »

kevin,

Ah, I had similar thoughts when I was a boy. I guess that I started learning how to be "invisible" at a very early age. Was pretty small but wirey and the only passion I had then was fighting and riding ponies! I learned that it was a rush to be quick with both! Perhaps the ponies calmed the fighting spirit in me but I have kept the interest in the martial arts and things equine ever since. And horses have always represented something that perhaps I have had a link to in some other age. When I was a kid I could see myself as a leader of men, and the setting was always some ancient city. Strange, isn't it. Somehow I always knew about military strategys. Without needing to study. General Patton believed that he was several ancient generals. I don't think I ever quite made general, but I certainly felt a part of things long past.

And it might surprise you but I am not that literate an individual either. I read because there is always hope and something new to learn.

But the things that kept me alive through my career were not the kinds of things you learn in any school. In my position (and anyone in a similar position) will tell you that you normally operate on sheer intuition. In a flash, where is the danger? Where is the safety? How are things going to unfold in the next few seconds? No author can teach you that. twigsnapper
Gewis
Junior Birdman

Post by Gewis »

Ah, I think here we see where the temperament theory people are right. Different people have different strengths. David Keirsey (along with Briggs, Meiers, and even back through Plato and Aristotle) says there are four different types of intellect: tactical, logistical, diplomatic, and strategic. They rely each on trusting impulse, authority, intuition, and reason, respectively.

Keirsey says impulse and intuition are nearly diametric opposites to each other. In his terminology, what you've said, Twigsnapper, would be called impulse. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. There's the flash, no time for pondering, just "GO!" You just know "here's this" and "there's that" and the body just moves according to what it knows. Interestingly, I think Elizabeth's strength is what Keirsey calls intuition, the ability to feel what people are saying, to put herself in their shoes, to have a feeling for, not "effective and ineffective," but what is right for people and how they themselves feel.

Myself, I've always been an observer, either watching people or watching things play out in my imagination. At age 10, I'd play legos and have entire societal systems with empires, economies, subterfuge, black markets, military campaigns. I also designed the craft that carried people either in deep space or on the high seas. Always the driving force behind me has been understanding how systems fit together, how things work. What makes it all tick, and how can I predict it, control it? Where others seek excitement, security, or identity, I've always sought more knowledge, to coherently put it together in a set of knowledge and tools. Is it superior to others? I don't think so. We need all of them in order to function right.

It's no surprise to me, Twigsnapper, that with your intellectual strength such as it is, that your career has brought you to the places it has. That ability to stay alive when everything's outside the bounds of what any book can tell is amazing. I doubt Dr. Brown could have done what you did. I doubt you could have done what he did. I'm glad we have both.
"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research!" -Einstein
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

but what about ...

Post by twigsnapper »

An interesting thought Gewis, but how then would you classify someone like Morgan? What happens when you find someone who incorporates all of those traits and tendencies and even has some additional that no one would ever even think of? Sort of the odd shape that fits in nowhere and yet fits into everything?

It might be easier to THINK tht you can so easily categorize people into different styles of thought and action but from my experience that can only lead to problems. And I really have to differ with you on your thoughts about impulse. Buying something at the checkout stand is an impulsive act. I will confess to that. Hard pressed to find another example. Again the problem with words. You must know that a boxer never throws a punch without having his follow up punch in order. Homework done, looks impulsive but thats just on the surface. And we all interpret our life histories quite differently. so our plans devise differently also.

One of Morgans marks (if it could be said of him that he has a mark of character) is the ability to plan things YEARS in advance. But the day to day execution of actions (which eventually get to his long term goal?) Wildly unpredictable! He and Dr. Brown shared that trait. In fact I think Dr. Brown probably nutured that trait in Morgan. If anyone thought they knew what Dr. Brown was thinking at any one time I am sure that it was either Josephine or Linda. Anyone else, even me? Not a chance.

I am pleased that there are the watchers and the planners, thinkers and the doers out there. Some of them might even be surprised to find that they at different times in their lives, are all of those things and more.

So in looking over the planned social game that you enjoy putting together, just a kind piece of advice. Watch out for the wild cards. twigsnapper.
Gewis
Junior Birdman

Post by Gewis »

I think of them as rules of thumb. :) Guides. You know an electron will be in a given region around, say, ninety percent of the time. I look at categories and theories and such as models. They give you an interesting way of looking at things that can lead you to things you hadn't thought of before, that still, in their way, reflect reality. Is light a particle or a wave? Depends on how you're trying to observe it. People have similar fuzziness to them.

And you are completely right. Box your mind in around a particular way of looking at things, and you'll miss an entirely different spectrum...

We might call temperament theory analogous to a probability distribution.
"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research!" -Einstein
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

ten percent

Post by Mikado14 »

Gewis wrote:. You know an electron will be in a given region around, say, ninety percent of the time.
But Gewis, it is the other ten percent that drives us to search.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

watch that 10%

Post by twigsnapper »

Its that other 10% of an electrons time that people might call the " Quantum Leap". that 10% can be amazing. Good thoughts Gewis.

I agree with you totally Mikado too, its that mysterious 10% that can never honestly be explained. Its like the mysteries surrounding a successful fishing trip. Is it the catch? No .... its that magic 10%. The shared experience perhaps and the ability to sort things out.

twigsnapper
Trickfox
The Magician

Getting back to

Post by Trickfox »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:I want to know, why are all of us so concerned with frequencies? Think on that for awhile and somebody get back to me? Elizabeth
Elizabeth is correct. Why is everyone concerned with "Frequency"? everyone thinks in terms of sinusoidal waves. It's our description but nature may not see this the way we do.

What about thinking in terms of "sequency" rather than "Frequency".

Frequency is a flawed representation of the phenomena because it assumes that we (the observer) have some mastery over the time continuum.

This may be very difficult for people to conceive of, but perhaps there is a completely different concept of "cycles" and "periodic reference" which has yet to be explored in the universe.

The math may not necessarilly agree with Pythagorean theorem.
That's because we are dealing with non-Euclidean goemetry.

So when everyone starts to adore the geomancy of the term "frequency" I get a little flustered. These concepts are taken too lightly and accepted too easilly.

That is why we have such a problem understanding the "Wave/Particle" duality in quantum physics.

The next time someone tells you he or she are "in perfect resonance or harmony with nature", ask them if they are also "Phase locked" on the frequency. Chances are they won't even understand what you asked.

I suppose I should finish by giving you all a link about how to look at this from a whole new perspective............ right?

Here it is: http://www.crystalinks.com/holographic.html

It's well described in Michael Talbot's book "The holographic Universe"
which- I am told by a friend- I should be reading. From the above link I have come to the conclusion that my friend is right, and I will be looking to purchase this book soon.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

at a distance

Post by twigsnapper »

Thank you Trickfox for that excellent post.

and mention of this which is especially valuable http://www.crystalinks.com/holographic.html

And I see crossing threads suddenly here:

"Aspect and his team discovered that under certain circumstances subatomic particles such as electrons are able to instantaneously communicate with each other regardless of the distance separating them. It doesn't matter whether they are 10 feet or 10 billion miles apart.

Somehow each particle always seems to know what the other is doing. The problem with this feat is that it violates Einstein's long-held tenet that no communication can travel faster than the speed of light. Since traveling faster than the speed of light is tantamount to breaking the time barrier, this daunting prospect has caused some physicists to try to come up with elaborate ways to explain away Aspect's findings. But it has inspired others to offer even more radical explanations. "

And I seem to remember Paul that your various " sources" out there have mentioned " fat ponies", but of course that was 1955 and you have ten more years to cover. Winded yet? I didn't think so.

And flipping over to the other pond there is this:
" In addition to its phantomlike nature, such a universe would possess other rather startling features. If the apparent separateness of subatomic particles is illusory, it means that at a deeper level of reality all things in the universe are infinitely interconnected.

The electrons in a carbon atom in the human brain are connected to the subatomic particles that comprise every salmon that swims, every heart that beats, and every star that shimmers in the sky.

Everything interpenetrates everything, and although human nature may seek to categorize and pigeonhole and subdivide, the various phenomena of the universe, all apportionments are of necessity artificial and all of nature is ultimately a seamless web. "

Quite lovely when you think about it.
twigsnapper
Trickfox
The Magician

My advisor?

Post by Trickfox »

You know something Mr Twigsnapper, That friend I mentioned in my last post who told me to read that book "The holographic universe" is someone I met-up with this past week end. I met with Mikado also this week end but by now I'm sure you know who else I met up with in Pensylvania and how peculiar this event was.

It occurs to me that sometimes people are so desperate to change their circumstances that they will say nearly anything to reach out for help to change their situations of distress.

I was able to look in the eyes of two new friends and an old one this week-end, and I feel that it remains important to ask for advice before acting on anyone's behalf in some important matters.

Mr. Twigsnapper,......How do you tell the "US from the THEM".

At the fundamental level of things, isn't deciding about evil and good a continuously on-going challenging phenomena?

Is that what tends to keep us ALONE?

And once we understand that and recognise a potential friend is nearby, can we also proceed at a higher communication level (as in the thin portion surface volume of some invisible sphere of awareness)

Mr Twigsnapper, I am following along a very long mirror it seams. I keep moving forward, but another fox follows me side by side. I never usually bother looking at it but I know it is there.

I follow the mirror anyway wondering where it will end and when I will finally be allowed to look behind it.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Indra's Net

Post by Radomir »

Perhaps one of the reasons we've heard that intellectuals of TTB's era were busy translating from Sanskrit is that such concepts as a web of interconnectedness has been integral to the Vedic tradition, and later was incorporated into Buddhism including the concept of interdependent co-origination. It is very much like what Mr. twigsnapper posted above:
Everything interpenetrates everything, and although human nature may seek to categorize and pigeonhole and subdivide, the various phenomena of the universe, all apportionments are of necessity artificial and all of nature is ultimately a seamless web. "
More here at:
http://www.heartspace.org/misc/IndraNet.html (Note number 7. listed as Universal Creativity sounds a lot like when TTB "just knew...")

It is a concept that I have always felt was true, even before I ran across the vocabulary to describe that intuited understanding--in a cross-cultural religions class in college--an experience that left me with an experience of wild relief and joy.

I had a similar feeling of intense recognition when I much more recently (past two years) found sites regarding the holographic & plasma universe theories. So Trickfox, thanks for your words and link, above.

In addition to your question about whether a person claiming to be in harmony might also be phase-locked, begging your indulgence I would like to re-introduce two other concepts to this thread from our other past discussions: longitudinal waves, and resonance.

Most people know about sine-wave type frequency forms, but few recognize that freqency impulses come in other forms as you have described. One such form that fascinated Tesla was the longitudinal wave. When talking about velocities of impulse travel, consider that when two people are holding each end of a long rope, if the rope is waved up and down, it takes some time for that up/down-wave impulse to carry from the first person to the hand of the second person.

However if that rope is held taut, and person A simply pulls hard on the rope, that tug is felt rather immediately at the other end by person B. Tesla studied such behavior in electrical circuitry, and built embodiments that took advantage of such waves. He also felt that longitudinal waves were related to a form of energy he called Radiant Energy. It has been called by other names since then but it is still a largely unexplored area.

Propagating energy waves in a certain fashion such that a receiver is in resonance, was the root of his efforts towards wireless transmission of power. This is for me such an expansive metaphor I hardly know where to take it from here. Because I wind up in kevin b.'s neighborhood rather quickly, in a world of palpable but invisible signals, impulses, wave forms, lines of force, and resonances.

(I guess one could take the above and introduce the concept of torque or torsion as twisting that rope?)

R.
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

I find dead straight parallel lines, with a multitude upon the four cardinal points, I am not alone, now, in the past, or in the future, as there is no difference.
http://www.solsticeproject.org/greanort.htm
http://www.solsticeproject.org/lunarmark.htm
Everything spirals, to a sequence, each layer is only a small ridge away?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Trickfox...by all means read The Holographic Universe. You'll be amazed at just how many years Pribam and Bohm were ahead of the rest of the world with this knowledge, and yet were virtually shunned and ignored by those who were unable to grasp the importance of the concepts.

Radomir...I spent some time participating in an advanced seminar regarding science and religion held at the institution where Eliade taught. Traditional theology, physics, and cosmology were talked up formally, but there were hints and clues (that's what I really look for) that reality probably had more to do with gravitics, acoustical wave propagation/harmonization, photon/neutrino conversions, and complex systems studies.

Just some random thoughts.

flow.... 8)
Dancing is better than marching
ETernalightwithin
Space Cadet

Re: My advisor?

Post by ETernalightwithin »

Trickfox wrote: I was able to look in the eyes of two new friends and an old one this week-end, and I feel that it remains important to ask for advice before acting on anyone's behalf in some important matters.

Mr. Twigsnapper,......How do you tell the "US from the THEM".

Trickfox
ahhhh, a most excellent question!
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

sometimes

Post by twigsnapper »

Sometimes Trickfox you just have to discover who YOU are first. After that, its a choice of which path you will take.

As you could tell from the last chapter I did have the joy and the extraordinary good fortune to be touched with someone who managed to help me see that I could make a difference in a very dark world.

But you notice, I had gotten suddenly to a point where I was accutely aware of the kind of horror and muck I had been drawn into. I could easily have stayed in that mud. I did realize though that I was given this opportunity to do something else, and I took it.

If in your NEW heart, a path seems right, trust that feeling and move in that direction and you will find that the way to go further will somehow find you. As Dr. Brown would have said " Go Forth" twigsnapper
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

back to trains

Post by twigsnapper »

Such wonderful exchanges, I hate to drag back to mundane topics. And Paul, don't roll your eyes again saying to yourself " There he goes again, broadcasting this information out to everybody before I even have a chance to see it". There are reasons. You know. The good people here are just waiting to help, and they can too. Don't ever shortchange what their contribution will be.

On April 10, 1945 Four hundred and fifty- eight men were loaded rather unceremoniously into a train headed for the mountains south of Munich. They had been working at the Nordhausen complex. Army General Walter Dornberger had ordered this shift suddenly. Some stayed behind and some never quite made it to the destination in the mountains. A small handful were "intercepted" by a random unit of the SS which had been assigned to the 35th Police Division outside of Berlin.

Just a few tidbits on the trail. Perhaps more can be found out there in the open? twigsnapper