Chapter 16 - We Will Just Sail Away

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Chapter 16 - We Will Just Sail Away

Post by Victoria Steele »

Well, maybe I'll open this chapter also.

Note to other readers out there .... another reader and I have decided to "open" avenues of discussion by simply picking a chapter that Paul has written (one critic called them chapterettes because they were so little. I think it hurt his feelings but Paul has recovered it seems because the chapters are still packed with information and getting longer all the time. Finding his stride maybe)

. Anyway ... if you have the interest ... Grab a chapter and open it for all of us. I've started two already .... where are you Elizabeth? ... You started this pool party!

In chapter 16 Paul has written that Townsend Brown was rumored to be a BAD BOY .... Like I said earlier ... I am drawn to BAD BOYS but it turns out that it was just a rumor... and that he was basically much different than she had expected. How true is ?... others telling you about a person . And being wrong. Paul says that Townsend Brown was shy and retiring and I can relate to that. Some of the best researchers generally let others do the talking for them. Gets them in trouble sometimes because their "spokespeople" are not always as honest as they are .... and when you have a brilliant and shy individual .... you are bound to have others that are just waiting to take advantage of that shyness. Here in this chapter it looks like Josephine ALMOST believed the rumors. Victoria
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

smart move

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Victoria,

I think this chapter is a classic lesson in how smart Townsend Brown actually was. From what Paul wrote Josephine seemed to expect many things of him . None of which he actually was . He was shy and a genleman and SMART. I think tht he probably recognized the fact ahead of time that she would have turned him down if he had approached head on , as others might have, its obvious he anticipated her move..

I am coming to appreciate just how intelligent this man actually was. He went to her Father first. ( Totally Unexpected tactical move. Devastatingly effective.) I'll bet he did that sort of thing all of his life . Doing the unexpected. But I'll just bet he had very good intelligence on Josephine Brown. Probably talking to her girlfriends, finding out what she had already said about him. I think He already knew what she was planning to do ... (turn him down) so before she even had a chance to do that he countered her move. I'll wager that was the best move he ever made, she was a beautiful woman. Mark