Chapter 28 - A "Deeper Draft Vessel"

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

back to deeper draft

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

All,

I just thought it would be better perhaps if I would reestablish the thread of this discussion .....although the other discussions are valid they have strayed a little from the original . Getting back to the concept that Paul and Linda Brown broached in Chapter 28. What if there was an "organization"?

The exact quote from the Chapter was "We're talking about military classifications", Linda said, " but there's another possibility --- that somebody with an even "deeper draft" than the Navy came along and said "we need that man" ... who or for what, I don't know."

Pauls response to that consideration was, he wrote later in the chapter, ""I tried to wrap my head constructively around the idea that there might have been some sort of organization with influence over an institution like the United States Navy ... or that could operate quietly within its secure confines ... which was actually capable of influencing or directiong Townsend Browns movements within the Navy in general and the Research Labs in particular. I have to confess, I was not quite up to speed on that kind of logic then and I still wrestle with it now."

So thats the wrestling match folks ... still ... What does everyone think NOW? Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: back to deeper draft

Post by Paul S. »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:"I tried to wrap my head constructively around the idea that there might have been some sort of organization with influence over an institution like the United States Navy ... I was not quite up to speed on that kind of logic then and I still wrestle with it now."

So thats the wrestling match folks ... still ... What does everyone think NOW?
Thanks, Elizabeth, for bringing the discussion back down to where it began. I was starting to get a little indigestion from some of the word salads we've been passing around the table here...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Martin Calloway
Junior Birdman

other than military?

Post by Martin Calloway »

Paul,

After about the third time reading that section where Linda Brown said "somebody with an even "deeper draft" than the Navy" I finally realized that she was not talking about another military service, was she?

What did she actually mean by that ? A private corporation maybe? We always just assume that these super-secret projects are run by the military but I can see the value in looking at some of these global companies. I mean. They answer to no one really. Just themselves. So is this what Linda was talking about? And then I remembered what you had said about that Dr. from the Netherlands and I wondered again by what authority or connections could he manage to "borrow submarines"

So is this shoe fitting? Martin
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Defining "the vessel"

Post by Paul S. »

I think it might be too soon do describe this "deeper draft" vessel" as fitting into any existing definitions -- military, corporate, private sector, public sector, all of the above, none of the above... none quite fit the destination where we're going. Remember, no "either/or."

Of course, I'm not 100% certain just what exactly that definition is, so I guess we'll all find out together.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Trickfox
The Magician

Re: back to deeper draft

Post by Trickfox »

Thanks, Elizabeth, for bringing the discussion back down to where it began. I was starting to get a little indigestion from some of the word salads we've been passing around the table here...

--PS
Ok, Paul, everyone how about some dark humor with that salad. :twisted:

I did this one for twigsnapper.(cause I know he will enjoy it) :lol:

I put this little peice together in about four hours. It was worth it just to let some air out and it helped me to create a little fairy tale called "The strange tale of the controlling unknown and a frightful book called the necromicon" :evil:

http://www.psychopropulseur.com/necromicon

Enjoy everyone. :wink:

trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Trickfox adventures

Post by twigsnapper »

Nicely done Trickfox, nicely done. Twigsnapper
grinder
Senior Officer

looking for the deeper draft vessel

Post by grinder »

Everyone,

I am new to this forum and I think I am lost. but I just wanted to add a comment about what Paul called a "Deeper Draft Vessel" in one of his chapters and there he was speculating (or maybe it was Linda Brown that was wondering) if there wasn't some kind of a large (really large) organization behind the work and travels of Townsend Brown.

After reading his last Chapter 30 I am beginning to catch the drift of where he might be going with this. Johnson already had loads of money, and his organization was already world wide .... how far would the Caroline have to go to become the "deeper draft vessel organization. Or did Linda Brown already know that from the start? grinder
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

this should be the first, or close

Post by ladygrady »

Paul,

I have just spent some very enjoyable minutes re reading your Chapter 28 " A "Deeper Draft Vessel" and I have to tell you that it is touching, in many ways , charming, exciting, challenging and could be the best bit of observation that you have done so far! I do like what you have done here.

This chapter needs to be toward the front of your book, or it should be typed up as a hand out to entice readers to go further with their interest of your topic. Try it that way and see what kind of response you get from total strangers. I think that you would be totally pleased at the results.

You are still away I take it, because not even a breath from you in ages. Meanwhile, I notice, your papers from the Internet are stacking up on your doorstep. Nice to be missed, what? Grady