Comments on other chapters

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Comments on other chapters

Post by Mark Culpepper »

I just realized that Paul is talking about "the rest of the story" and we may not have actually even commented on all of the chapters that he has written already, good . bad, or indifferent.

I could be wrong Paul, but are there no post sites for many of the early chapters that you wrote.

I realize that many of them were very short but I still think that they deserve a review and the same comments that the other later chapters have generated. Maybe we have missed a whole treasure ful of ideas?

Anyway. My inspiration and I intend to start rereading those early chapters and posting my thoughts on each one in the appropriate spot. I encourage everyone to jump in there with me. I don't think (?) 5 to 12 have been run the gauntlet of our comments..... and others too (17 to 20 for sure) and I know that there are others.

Join me in this little book review? Maybe we can help Paul actually see what he has accomplished so far and MAYBE it will help us see what the possibilities are for the future chapters. And make us more knowledgeable critics. Mark C.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: Comments on other chapters

Post by Paul S. »

Paul S. wrote:
Mark Culpepper wrote:Join me in this little book review? Maybe we can help Paul actually see what he has accomplished so far and MAYBE it will help us see what the possibilities are for the future chapters. And make us more knowledgeable critics.
Great idea Mark, I'm sure the feedback will be very constructive.

I've moved this thread to the "Work in Progress" section, since it will be addressing the actual book.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Martin Calloway
Junior Birdman

Becoming critics/ finding a safety valve

Post by Martin Calloway »

Oh this is going to be fun.

First of all I agree with Mark that we all need to become better critics of your work. You know that we all appreciate what you have been doing but things will ramp up here pretty soon and you will be facing "outsiders" that perhaps can be mean, nasty, snide, and stupid all rolled into one. critics.

I think you will recognize the gentleman I am speaking of here when I say I used to fly with a person I respected very much. He was important. He had alot of political enemies. He had critics of his programs. Mainly because he was wildly intuitive and 99% right (and in the military how unusual is that?) I used to watch him deal with them. They never knew, in any way, that they were getting to him.

Of course he had a habit of dissapearing into the dark. You would turn around thinking he was standing right beside you, and he would be gone. I often wondered just exactly what it was that he did out there. Yell, scream, kick cans down roads? I don't know. But whatever it was it always worked for him. I expect that you should start looking for that safety valve now and make sure its nearby. You really are going to need it.

I get to be a critic too. Oh Boy! Martin
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Terminology

Post by Paul S. »

Interesting post. Always intriguing to learn that things are not yet tough enough.... <g>
Martin Calloway wrote:I get to be a critic too. Oh Boy!
Howzabout you get to be a "constructive commentator" ? The world's got enough "critics," don't you think?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Trickfox
The Magician

I'll vote for that

Post by Trickfox »

Constructive comments are the foundations of consensual agreements. The more everyone reviews something as complex as the story of Dr. Brown's works, his familly and life, - the more people will realize the truth within the flowing details of it's history.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Constructive commentator?

Post by Victoria Steele »

Oh yes, I can be that! I think we have all tried to be that. And yes. You are right, there are too many CRITICS out there but there is the point that THEY ARE OUT THERE. Martin was right in pointing out that.

So know that we are here .... know that the critics will be there too.

Of course its going to get more difficult! said the labor nurse to the young Mother, but it will be worth it. Tip to the boys out there ....... Don't get too close to that mother though while she is in the middle of the process guys unless you want your lips wrapped around your ankles!

I just hope through this all that Paul maintains his good humor and I promise on this end to give him room when he needs it!

Watch out! Creative Constructive Commentator at work.

Hey, guess what? In my new job I get to meet celebrities! Taking pictures to share someday! Someday I will be posing with you Paul! Victoria
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

groundswell of support

You are right Trickfox. The more people study the story of Townsend Brown the more become agreeing partners in the groundswell of interest about his life and what it all stood for. This is not a simple book but that is one of the things that is going to make it so fascinating! Don't know about you but I want to find out what happens between Linda and Morgan next and that really has nothing to do with the science here, but its still vitally important, in the long run. Romance wins out I believe. Victoria
grinder
Senior Officer

something strange

Post by grinder »

Mark. Victoria and everyone else.

I just noticed something really strange After you made the note that there were no sites for discussions on several chapters you guys jumped in there and got some chapters listed so we can talk about them.

But there were some chapters (and its been nearly a week) where NOBODY has bothered. Ewe. What does that mean? Nobody had bothered to read them? Or maybe they read them and just didn't find anything interesting enought to respond? So, Like a "grinders worst dressed list". Here it is:

!) Chapter 7 "Preparation and Inspiration" Notes from the Rabbit hole.

2) Chapter 9 "On the Shoulders of Giants"

3.)Chapter 10 ""Impossible and not to be considered"

4.) Chapter 11 "A Push, Not a Pull"

5.) Chapter 12 " The Biefeld-Brown Effect"

6) Chapter 17 " A great dissappointment to us all"

7) Chapter 18 "Wagner in the trees"

8) Chapter 20 "Taping Cosmic Energy"

Of course thats only eight that didn't generate enough enthusiasm for a comment or two. I still find that strange and wonder if there is a common thread there that should be noticed.

Especially since the all time favorite seems to be Chapter 32 " Refelections on Biscayne Bay" with a view count as of today of something like 6600!!!!! So not only did people care enough about it to log on and post the "coup" as Martin might say .... but then to look at it again and again. Now obviously some people maybe are returnees to Chapter 32 ..... but obviously there is some sort of a draw to it. And since we have been talking mystical and unexplained situations. Can somebody explain this comparison?

Elizabeth? Mikado? MarK? Paul? well no, not you Paul .

Thinking conference in November. Trying to see my way there. Pretty much up in the air. Can I buy a video of your speech? Do they supply that? If not, can someone film and make me a copy? I'll be happy to cover expenses. Just don't think I'll be able to get all the way to Vegas. grinder
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

DVD

Post by Mikado14 »

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a great idea!!!!!!!!!!

Put me down for one of them thar videos too, pilgrim.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

DVD

Hey everybody,

I just Emailed Ryan Wood and asked him about that DVD.

Surely they will have that available because I think that they have to keep a video record of the proceedings, don't they? So why not make them available for sale? Anyway when he gets back to me I'll relay his message. I asked price because I am starting an order sheet here too.

Even if you can make it to the conference I think its important and actually historiacal to have Pauls first presentation of the REAL story of Townsend Brown.

I find it ironic that there is a whole conference built around the "MJ12 "papers" . (Which I believe is something that got its first breaths through the lungs of William Moore. And it was ALSO through him that most of us first heard the name of Townsend Brown. So begrudgingly, I have Moore to thank for that.) Victoria