Chapter 14 " Can we talk for Awhile?"

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Chapter 14 " Can we talk for Awhile?"

Post by Victoria Steele »

You knew that I would pick this chapter.

This is the Morgan doing the "frankly my dear, I don't give a damn, Linda wistfully dreaming of his company, while at the same time having to hear the gossip about the next thing that Morgan was up to, including skinny dipping parties that she obviously wasn't invited to attend. (I think that she would have gone, myself. )

Girls. Remember the dude in your senior class. All the girls wanted him, all the guys admired him. I think that was Morgan. And obviously he didn't escape Lindas attention either. I think he was sort of stuck up myself. He knew what he wanted, he knew how to get it. He wasn't at all shy. I think I know the type. And he did things because he knew that he could. Another trait I recognize.

I really feel for Linda in this setting. Remember she has moved so much I am almost certain that she never had a chance to develop any kind of a romance with any of her class mates. They would look around maybe to ask her out, and she was gone. Disappointing for the one asking maybe. Terrible for the one that never knew that she was about to be asked.

So she sort of finds a nice guy to date, and then go steady with. I can tell the way that Paul has written it that she respects him but there is no bonfire going on here. Until Morgan shows up.

And just, just as she gets an inkling that this guy just MIGHT like her. She is going to be leaving again. Her entire hisory rolled up to be repeated but this time ....... the guy doesn't just shrug and walk away. I find that VERY romantic. And I love it too because Linda teaches Morgan a few lessons along the way I think, but I guess that comes later. Just opening this chapter for discussion. You guys already know that I love the story. Victoria
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

yeah, never to marry

Post by Mark Culpepper »

When I first read Morgans statement to Linda that he didn't want to get married, have the big house etc. I thought, "There I was!"

Half of that little speech is the truth. And the other half sometimes is prompted with a real draw toward that girl standing in front of you, pretending that she is believing what you are saying.

Yeah, right. But under the right circumstances you might as well be yelling out "Timber!", cause fella, You are gone! And she was the right girl for him right then. I think he knew that when he met her in the library (opps, thats another chapter)

Its interesting looking at the experiences that were in front of Morgan. But all that is in the future for him that one "long talk" evening. Its very odd to me that Linda would mention that they talked about space and time travel. Who brought that up first , I wonder, Morgan or Linda?

And they even talked about "seeing their future" . How absolutely mystic is that? Problem is,I wonder if they noticed? They saw different futures? Mark C