"The Rest of the Story"

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

"The Rest of the Story"

Post by Paul S. »

So readers, take note: That rustling sound you hear is the sound of a curtain drawing closed, and the apparition you see behind the curtain is the vanishing figure of Thomas Townsend Brown....
When those words first flickered across my screen last week, I did not realize that that rustling sound has implications for the work I am doing here as well...

I'm not going into hiding -- or "going black" like Townsend Brown did in 1942 -- but I do have a fairly formidable job in front of me that is going to take the rest of this month and possibly all the time I have available next month as well. And focusing on that job will likely preclude the production of any new chapters for a few weeks at least.

Of course, what I'm talking about is getting the material together for my presentation in Las Vegas on November 11. I know that seems like a long way off, but given my calendar between now and then -- and how long some of these things can take -- it really isn't. I mean, I just spent three days figuring out how to get one minute of footage off a DVD into a Powerpoint presentation...

It has been clear to me for some time now that in order to make a credible presentation in Las Vegas I really am now going to have to come rather quickly to terms with "The Rest Of The Story." Now that time has come.

Yes, I have so far actually written roughly 1/2 of the story. But I am anticipating that the presentation in Vegas will be an encapsulation of the entire story -- all 80 years of Townsend Brown's existence. That means I have to find a way to distill and compile all the material that I have not yet really dealt with in any detail.

It's taken me the better part of a year to write the chapters that constitute the first half of Brown's life; now I have about four weeks to make some semblance of sense out of the rest of his life. And as we've sort of danced around in the forums, second half of the saga is where it gets the most interesting -- and the most elusive.

I know what you're all probably thinking. "God, he takes a lot of time off..." And over the past six weeks or so, maybe it does seem that way. August was a loss for... well, for a variety of reasons. September got off to a good start with Chapter 43, but I'll be "away from keyboard" again for the first two weeks in October. My wife, bless her work-a-day heart, has compiled a ridiculous amount of vacation time and, well, shucks, I just have no choice but to go along with her on these international junkets.

The good news for me is that getting my act together for Las Vegas gives me just the opportunity I need right now spend some time with material I have not gotten to yet, to review a lot of my notes and devise a viable approach to the rest of the story. The better knews for everybody is that once I'm done presenting the overview in Las Vegas, I should be able proceed apace with the rest of the writing.

So, please, bear with me here. I do appreciate your patience, and for those of you who will find your way to Las Vegas in November, I'm doing all I can now to make the trip worthwhile,

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

so, what are you saying, exactly

Post by Victoria Steele »

I understand tht you are saying that you are going to sort of go into hibernation so that you can get your stuff together for November and we shouldn't expect more chapters (sob) .... Oh! I'll be alright....... I have Bill Moore and others to chew on ..... don't I? Or are you going to just shut down the forum too? Oh! that will be hard! Like we've said ....... its sort of got a life of its own. So............ are you saying you won't be even responding to our questions? No comments from the garrett? Admittedly (I love ya) they have sparcley spaced between vacations ...... but if you are going to shut everything down? .... Damn... its a long time for me between now and November! (I do have a new job ....... and a new love interest .... so I guess I will survive ... but it won't be half as much fun. And just when I got something to sink my teeth into !!!!!! I was looking forward to showing you the kind of stuff I can dig up!)

It doesn't matter though. Whatever you need to do to get the book written. We can all party again later!

I already have a friend who has (seriously) put in an order with me for 9 of the books once its published! I am enjoying her enthusiasm. I guess I'll have to break it to her that I have nothing to do with the publication and she and I are going to have to take our chances at the local Barnes and Noble. I will miss this daily interaction, But I want you to know, whatever you decide ...... I'm looking so forward to Vegas! Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: so, what are you saying, exactly

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote:Or are you going to just shut down the forum too? ... are you saying you won't be even responding to our questions? No comments from the garrett?
Oh no, I certainly didn't mean to imply anything precipitous with regard to the forums. They're vital and essential, and I have every intent of keeping a wary eye on them and chiming in whenever something comes up that I can add too. Sorry I didn't think to specify that in the opening post to this thread.
I already have a friend who has (seriously) put in an order with me for 9 of the books once its published!
Hmmm.... maybe I should start a "pre-order" form. Then when a publisher asks "why should we publish this book?" I can just say "because I've already pre-sold (fill in the blank) copies...
I will miss this daily interaction
The only thing you'll be missing are the (semi) regular installments. But I'm sure there will be plenty in this space to keep you entertained.
I'm looking so forward to Vegas!
Me too. I'm quite looking forward to this first "gathering of the tribe."

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

whew

Thatsa relief! An empty forum would have wigged me out.

A list for presale! Why NOT? I'm not kidding! Course most people will want to know how much the book is if they just have a passing interest. Me, I don't care. I want one, Can I be the first on the list? (Ya gotta sign it for me though, Paul.)

And Vegas! Don't those conferences and things like that have book selling areas? I know they did at Laughlin. Funny .... you will probably have a line without any product to display! I love it! Maybe its worth manning a table.

Well, as I said, I have a new job but I have already put in my time off. (Yeah that went over well .... Happy to sign on .... by the way .... I need November 11,12 and maybe 13th off. Yeah, that works. Fortune has smiled on me in more ways than one and I have a good bunch of people.

Hey, everybody reading this. If you are as fascinated by this future book as I am log on to the Conference site .... (not on the tip of my fingertips right now) and make sure you get your place at the conference secured!

Maybe I'm just anxious huh? Victoria
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Conference info

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

Victoria Steele wrote: Hey, everybody reading this. If you are as fascinated by this future book as I am log on to the Conference site .... (not on the tip of my fingertips right now) and make sure you get your place at the conference secured!

Maybe I'm just anxious huh? Victoria
Not anxious, just ummm, hopeful? Encouraged? Crazy? JK :) For Andy's sake too, I am also "anxious". And here's the link to the conference:

http://www.ufoconference.com/index.html (Main page)
http://www.ufoconference.com/ufo-confer ... eakers.php (Speaker schedule - just to make Paul a little more agitated than he already is)
http://www.ufoconference.com/ufo-conference-bios.php (Speaker Bios - ditto to above)
http://www.ufoconference.com/ufo-confer ... ration.php (Registration page - do it before October 15th or you pay a little more)

I absolutely agree with the presale list idea Paul threw out; it's a really good idea and you should have an interested persons list with name, and mailing address or email to show your publishers and/or agent. What better publicity could there be?

Linda B
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

unquestioned proof

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Thankyou LindaB for all those links!

I just spent a little bit of time there and ran across a couple of phrases that were interesting. The first statement that I really liked was ....We are searching for "UNQUESTIONED PROOF" and isn't that great. Thats a banner I appreciate and you will all appreciate that has been Pauls major concern too.

He keeps talking about rolling a straight ball down the lane, avoiding the "gutter" on both sides.( "Gutter" being all the speculation about the "Philadelphia Experiment" and maybe things like "Montauk" ... hey, you have all heard all of it. It , as Morgan has said to Paul " Can make your eyes roll back in your head." And in the past, thats EXACTLY what happened.)

It was MEANT to do that ... I contend .... and it has worked for a long time ........ It even worked with Nick Cook! Dedicated as he is. He himself said that when he learned that there was an association between Townsend Brown and The Philadelphia Experiment" (William Moores book) that he "WOULDN'T TOUCH TOWNSEND BROWN WITH A BARGE POLE" I may not have the EXACT quote but translated ....."wouldn't touch him with a 6 foot pole" which I guess is as long as a"barge pole" in Europe.

When you see "Majestic 12 papers" and an "investigation" linked to them its easy to ASSUME that we are talking about the same thing here presented by William Moore so many years ago. But look carefully at that situation. The Woods are serious about what they are doing, serious about keeping under the banner of the search for the truth in all of this. They have also asked people to participate who are somewhat familiar with government disinformation. So maybe this Conference and a hard look at the MAJESTIC PAPERS is exactly what we all need to do. Doing our homework I think the phrase is. Thanks for all your help in the past and all the help I know you all will be in the future. Elizabeth

And you Victoria, Now is your chance!
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

first of all

First of all folks, notice that Paul has been positioned as the fourth speaker at the conference. I don't know if that has anything to do with the time he signed up, but I find the positioning of it interesting.

http://www.ufoconference.com/ufo-confer ... eakers.php

First speaker . Stanton Friedman. We are talking about the grand warhorse of this entire UFO crash retreival, UFO study situation. He is a substantial player.

Dr. Micael Salla. I have not personally met this prson and am looking forward to it. Notice folks what is said of him : "He will describe how a shadow military system has been developed within the conventional military system where personel are secretly recruited and employed for "black projects" READ YOURSELF FOLKS THE NEXT FEW LINES .... IT ENDS WITH " and without official records being left of this covert military service IN DISCHARGE PAPERS."

GEE PAUL. MAYBE YOU SHOULD SPEAK TO THIS FELLOW ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED WITH DR. BROWN?

CAN I START ANOTHER FORUM POST? PAUL YOU WANT TO NAME IT? (Sorry, don't mean to yell. Just excited because I think I have found an avenue to other evidence of what was happening with Dr. Brown ! Look at the year he mentions! " And their responses to the policy of UFO secrecy IMPLEMENTED SINCE THE 40S!!!!!!" You mean like when Dr. Brown walked out of the Navy? And nobody is going to write down why? Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: first of all

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote:GEE PAUL. MAYBE YOU SHOULD SPEAK TO THIS FELLOW ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED WITH DR. BROWN?
Good idea.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"