Okay, this is sticking in my craw: TTB was homosexual AND he gave up science?

Long-time Townsend Brown inquirer Jan Lundquist – aka 'Rose' in The Before Times – has her own substantial archive to share with readers and visitors to this site. This forum is dedicated to the wealth of material she has compiled: her research, her findings, and her speculations.
Jan Lundquist
Keeper of the Flame
Spam Prevention: Yes

Okay, this is sticking in my craw: TTB was homosexual AND he gave up science?

Post by Jan Lundquist »

Yeah, that's what the FBI reports tell us. Obviously the second report turned out not to be true at all.

But while Townsend was not doing science in Washington, DC, in 1953, some very large events were happening all around him.
  • The NSA was signed into creation at the end of '52. Signals, intercepts, and codes had become a big time business. The organization operated out of Arlington Hall until the Fort Meade facilities were completed.

Sarbacher was applying for a continuation of his permit to conduct atomic research in a residential area of DC.

Former French underground agent, alchemist and self taught atomic energy physicist, Jacques Bergier was (reportedly) in town, as was Jacques Cornillion, future author of the Montgolfier report.

On the international stage, a British-instigated coup was being carried out in Iran, and the CIA was knee deep in the mess. The French may have been ankle deep, but that's not where I am going with this.

On the more mundane level, Townsends FIL, Clifford Beale, was employed as the Senate doorman for diplomatic visitors

Meanwhile, Townsend and Jo were operating an exclusive laundry service for the residents of Embassy Row.

And not one of these things is connected to another. /s

I'm just pointing out that if one report played directly into his favorite wounded chicken role, it is possible that the other was a similar set up.

When the pheasant flies away from its nest, its seemingly broken wing drags a trail behind it.

Jan
Last edited by Jan Lundquist on Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Schatzkin
The White Rabbit

Re: Okay, this is sticking in my craw: TTB was homosexual AND he gave up science?

Post by Paul Schatzkin »

Well now, that's some puzzle pieces.

It's a good thing this is a bottomless rabbit hole, because I don't think it's big enough to open a parachute.

#NoSoftLandingHere

--P
Paul Schatzkin, author of 'The Man Who Mastered Gravity' https://amz.run/6afz
It's "a multigenerational project." What's your hurry?
"We will just sail away from the Earth, as easily as this boat pushed away from the dock" - TTB
Jan Lundquist
Keeper of the Flame
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Okay, this is sticking in my craw: TTB was homosexual AND he gave up science?

Post by Jan Lundquist »

I smile, every time I have a new insight into the purposefulness behind Townsend's actions. If one were a confessed homsexual in 1943, free from the oaths and obligations of the war, where might one be expected to go to find like minded souls, but to Hollywood, of course.

Talk about dragging a wing....

Hollywood was a great resource of talent and equipment for the Lookount Mountain/MEP lab, BTW.

Jan