The TTB Foundation foundation announcement Jan, 1938

Long-time Townsend Brown inquirer Jan Lundquist – aka 'Rose' in The Before Times – has her own substantial archive to share with readers and visitors to this site. This forum is dedicated to the wealth of material she has compiled: her research, her findings, and her speculations.
Jan Lundquist
Keeper of the Flame
Spam Prevention: Yes

The TTB Foundation foundation announcement Jan, 1938

Post by Jan Lundquist »

"Creation of TTB Foundation" Newspapers.com, The Zanesville Signal, January 23, 1938, https://www.newspapers.com/article/the ... 26659635/

For some reason, I am having trouble attaching the file here. But I am posting this link so that Brown Hounds might muse over what else was happening around that time.
  • Hitler was staking his lebens raum claims across central Europe
  • The stranglehold on the Navy's budget for radar development was suddenly released.
  • The atomic age would begin that year, with the discovery of nuclear fission later that year.
  • The next year, Eisenhower would pen his famous letter to Roosevelt encourage him to pursue research in nuclear chain reactions and warning him that German physicists weren't sleeping on the idea.
Did any of these events influence the foundation's founding? I think yes, but I can't [yet] show how.

But who provided the funding? After all, the Brown family fortune had been lost in the depression....
Jan Lundquist
Keeper of the Flame
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: The TTB Foundation foundation announcement Jan, 1938

Post by Jan Lundquist »

The next year, Eisenhower would pen his famous letter to Roosevelt encourage him to pursue research in nuclear chain reactions and warning him that German physicists weren't sleeping on the idea.
Arg. That's should be Einstein, not Eisenhower.