Please Set Your Own Time Stamps

Check this forum for posts pertaining to the forum itself, and other announcements regarding topcs related to the TTBrown.com website.
Forum rules
Only the administrators and moderators can post to this section without approval.
adminman

Please Set Your Own Time Stamps

Post by adminman »

I have now determined that it is best if everybody sets the time stamp in their own profile for their own time zone. That way, when you see the time a post was made to the forums, it reflects the time in your time zone: no mental math is required to determine the time stamp.

However, in order to do make that work right, I've had to go back and reset the system time back to GMT.

Now each user has to set the GMT adjustment in their own profile. In order to do that, click "profile" above, and then scroll down to where it says "timezone," and adjust according to where you live:

Eastern = GMT -5
Central = GMT -6
Mountain = GMT -7
Pacific = GMT -8

etc. etc.

OK, does this make sense now?
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Re: Please Set Your Own Time Stamps

Post by FM No Static At All »

Just checking in. How's things?
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Imagine that!
I place to post that was not yet locked down.
If anyone still reads the messages here, may I invite you to surf on over to
http://ttownsendbrown.com

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

adminman wrote:I have now determined that it is best if everybody sets the time stamp in their own profile for their own time zone. That way, when you see the time a post was made to the forums, it reflects the time in your time zone: no mental math is required to determine the time stamp.

However, in order to do make that work right, I've had to go back and reset the system time back to GMT.

Now each user has to set the GMT adjustment in their own profile. In order to do that, click "profile" above, and then scroll down to where it says "timezone," and adjust according to where you live:

Eastern = GMT -5
Central = GMT -6
Mountain = GMT -7
Pacific = GMT -8

etc. etc.

OK, does this make sense now?
So will we be able to post?