UPDATED - The Life of T. Townsend Brown - Book info

Greetings and Saluations! Anyone still falling down the Rabbit Hole is welcome here. All the old threads have been "locked" to prevent further posting, but are still available for your perusal. Let's continue the discussion here. Have fun, but be careful with it...
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Re: The Life of T. Townsend Brown - Book info

Post by Radomir »

I've sat with this a while before responding.

I am moving forward with the simple faith & expectation that all contractual and other obligations will be honored and fulfilled. If the situation has changed substantively vs. original agreements, I assert similar faith & expectation that there will be mature and civil renegotiation in keeping with the spirit and memory of TTB. While we have no details about all that (and I assert those specific details are not our business here on the forum) there is nothing wrong with our expressing our expectation of accountability, and expectation that we will have assurance of same.

By his own assertion, Paul has taken this project as far as he can. The question for us is, how to carry the baton forward (in fact there may be many batons to carry forward, some directly related to the book, others going far afield into new or complimentary territory). More than enough to keep everyone here occupied--in fact it will likely need scads of new recruits to even begin to address it all.

Understanding and resonating with the disappointment and pain of the recent changes here, what I am strongly feeling & suggesting is that we need to work with things as they are, not as we wish they had been. One chapter ends, another begins.

The fact is that an extraordinary amount of work has been done (and we helped!). The book is out, in two formats. That can be celebrated as a kind of completion even if it didn't follow the path that had been mapped originally. Other projects may spring forth and we may be able to become involved in those as well. But this is the forum of a particular set of chapters-in-progress, a conversation that paralleled the process of those chapters becoming a collection, and now a culmination in a particular book version available to new readers.

The archived information collected on this forum is precious and should not be lost. Part of what keeps that alive and compelling is the quality and depth of our current conversation. Not to put too fine a point on it: if I arrived here as an excited new reader to find a mass of recriminations, I wouldn't be likely to stick around.

Each of us is here because we feel passionate dedication (though coming at it from our own directions) to the work and life of TT Brown. We can help bring attention now to the narrative in its current embodiment(s); invite new readers to bring their reactions, thoughts, questions etc. ; and build the community in whatever form --here and elsewhere-- so that community may grow into in the future.

Respectfully,
R.
JZimmer
Deputy SysAdmin

Post by JZimmer »

Hi everyone!

I too have been thinking about this, and want to bring up a couple of points myself. First, I am not going to express my opinion or thoughts about Paul's actions as that is not what is on my mind, so please don't take anything I say here as my thoughts on Paul's actions.

You know, to be honest with everyone, I am very disappointed at what I have read the last day or so! Regardless of anyone's perception of what Paul may or may not have done or said, he deserves better that he is receiving!

Have you all forgotten who has spent what, six years of his life dedicated to getting this story out to the public and helping to get Linda Browns wishes fulfilled; or that if not for Paul and his efforts this website and the contacts and friendships that we have all cultivated would not exist, or that because of his work the principals that T. Townsend Brown represented would not have grown exponentially on the web over the last two or so years?

I know that their have been many times when the focus of these forums has been on a particular individual regarding their actions and attitudes and I have seen Paul step in and in a helpful and professional way work with everyone to resolve the problems.

Further, every one of you have thought a lot of Paul, and helped in any way they can. Now, when a crisis arises that involves Paul, what do you all do?

It would just seem to me that maybe everyone should wonder what is going on, and find the why before we condemn him to death! Do any of you really know what is going on? Maybe he has had a significant event in his life that affected his actions, maybe someone directed him in this direction, or maybe health issues, or god forbid, some personal tragedy that he is having problems dealing with!

I just would have thought that with all the comments and respect we have passed his way over the years that everyone here would have flocked to his banner, asking him what is wrong, have we done anything to cause this situation, what can we do to help! Instead, we have jumped to conclusions, condemning a good friend without even attempting to understand why he acted as he did!

Yea, I am very disappointed for I see here a lack of the brotherhood many of you have expressed over the years and I wonder if some tragedy occurred to another of us, if we would be easily discarded as well!

Yes, very disappointed, and sad!

Jim Z.
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

Mr. Zimmer, nothing is lost yet. The rift can still be healed. And I have my own idea on how to do it. Don't know if I will succeed, but if you don't play, then you cannot win.

Mr. Schatzkin has been very patient during the last few years. Along with Mr. Vizza he has been the only person at this forum with whome I never argued - only with him and Mr. Vizza I was able to engage in normal and sober correspondence. Why? Because I always felt that these two individuals despite of putting all their heart in what they are doing never exhibited this agenda-driven thinking. They never tried to be "clever" and play silly games.

Let Mr. Schatzkin and Ms. Brown have some rest and occupy their minds with something else until the passions settle.
Mr. Zimmer wrote:Now, when a crisis arises that involves Paul, what do you all do?
Indeed, Mr. Zimmer! What would Dr. Brown do? What did he do in difficult times? How did he handle a crisis? Something tells me that he would really be the last one throwing in the towel.

Let us not forget that at one point he was even about to loose his wife to another man (in Hawaii). Did Dr. Brown give in or did he fight for his lady? Did he say to his wife: "How dare you do this? Go away, I don't want to see your face again" No, Dr. Brown was a man who fortunately used his brain and was able to overcome the obstacle in an elegant way.

I do believe that that the whole project can turn out as it was planned in the beginning. What is necessary now is to stop pushing and pulling - dreams and wishes never come true. What does come true is pure intent empty of wishful craving and constant desire.

It is also once and for all the time to stop looking at this enterprise as it would be a church with a set doctrine that has to be proselytized and defended from some outside enemies. Stop looking for recruits and assets and what-not. Stop waging war with this reality of ours.

People have to be inspired and not charmed. When someone is genuinely inspired to do something then there will be no need to run to him or put up a "honeypot" and lure him. Such a person will come on his own without being cajoled, charmed or tricked.

Look at the rain - it simply falls to the ground and the grass grows. No strife, no effort.

Please do not understand me wrong, incorrect information, rumours and half-truths have to be addressed and clarified.

Again, I do believe that this movie still can have a happy ending.

AM
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Jumping into the pool......

Post by Mikado14 »

....or would that be abyss?

A story.....Back in the early 70's after the military, I decided to start a business with a friend. Our initials were the same so that is what we called the business, our three initials followed by what we did. He had a wife and child and I had only myself. The ability for Rich to put in the time necessary as well the funds in the procurement of equipment and inventory put a bit of quilt on him even though I assured him that the situation was ...okay...and I understood. When the split occurred, I will admit that a bit of animosity was the order of the day but eventually it was decided that I would retain the name and all equipment and that if ever Rich wanted to use the shop, he would have full access. The friendship survived for many years and then, as in most friendships, a parting of the ways came in the fullness of time....I wouldn't trade the experience for anything, for in the end, there was a foundation to the friendship and the trials of the business proved that foundation was stronger.

Remember, before anyone casts aspersions, Victoria posted HER opinion. I did not see anywhere posted that it was Linda's opinion or anyone else on this forum. Victoria has the right to post it and Paul has the right to countermand it. As Mr. Zimmer has pointed out, if not for Paul, this forum would not exist. The draft that is out there would not exist. The awareness of Townsend Brown would be relegated to paperback misinformation. .....and Paul LaViolette wouldn't have had his work to reference. The list goes on. I have been known on this forum by my direct approach so the most direct statement I can make is that I do not agree with the "method" that Paul took because, as Mr. Zimmer pointed out about the lack of "brotherhood" in the forum, perhaps it is because of the "brotherhood" that has some upset. He disregarded the "friends" that he has acquired in this journey of his and I would go out on a limb to help him, and he knows that. He should also know that "this" friend is still there and when he stumbles, you help him up and get him situated but true friends also know that the other must continue their journey, as with this, and new adventures will await both on their differnet paths. I would not trade my experience with Paul for anything for I will take a piece of him with me.

As to inferences of the reasons that some are here, well, I am here for all of it and never turn my back...or would that be nose?...to opposing points of view, you just may fail to see something of importance.

Paul, remember....don't throw the paperweight and by all means...avoid the microphone!

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

JZimmer,
I am not best pleased to see that your post has suggested that those involved with this forum in some ways are not concerned about Paul, whatever his reasons I for one will offer whatever support and assistance possible.

My main concern and feelings were for Linda and any other of Dr Browns relatives.
The quality of those involved with this odd journey shine's out, and the respect for Paul is immense.
It was the abrupt suddness , without any warning or discussion of the shutting down of the forum that was a great shock, it felt to myself like a kick in the teeth, so without an explanation there is little more to say, except to wish Paul well, and hope we can prise open the remaing doorways of this rabbit hole.

I feel no dissapointment in anyone upon here at all, in fact a great restraint is evident, and a desire to forge onwards and upwards, hopefully Paul will pick himself up and head up the journey again, it would be the most welcome of outcomes, and hope AM2's thoughts help.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

I hear you, Jim, but it's hard not to be angry when a friend has been hurt. The healing can't begin until we've all been able speak our piece about it. I appreciate you, Paul, for being willing to put the forum back up and take your knocks publicly. It takes a brave person to do that.
I do believe that that the whole project can turn out as it was planned in the beginning.

I agree with you, AM. Although I would not presume to know what the plan was nor even who the planners were, I am confident that the relationship Linda and Paul have built is strong enough to carry them through this turbulence.

And, yes, Radomir, there is more than enough to be learned and explored and done to keep this "all-volunteer army" (does that make you happier, AM?) busy.

And so it's on to the next, whatever shape or form that is. But I'm still looking forward to our collective rendezvous on some sunny, tropical beach!

rose
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Oh, how I have missed you Victoria!!!

You should know by now how long it takes to gain the confidence of those wackyhutt types!!!

Five years is simply "a passing phase of interest" in their way of thinking about "loyalty" and "esprit de corp".

How about it Mr. Twigsnapper??

Did our man have the spirit of a "winning" Race horse?

Perhaps he's just trying to "caddleprod" more information from behind the blackworld curtain.

trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

To all of those who haven't noticed what real heart and compassion looks like....... check out Linda Browns post on the new Forum found at Andrews " Qualight" site.

MarkC
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

At The Risk of Blowing My Cover...

Post by Paul S. »

Rose wrote:I agree with you, AM. Although I would not presume to know what the plan was nor even who the planners were, I am confident that the relationship Linda and Paul have built is strong enough to carry them through this turbulence.
Rose,

I appreciate the description of this recent disruption as a period of "turbulence" -- although that's kinda like calling that USAir ditching in the Hudson as "water landing" (which is, of course, a perfect oxymoron). Radomir used a good word, too, "extremis." "Crisis" works too, although that one has been a bit overused of late and is already on the list of candidates of banned words for 2009.

And I am grateful for all the expressions of both support and anger that have been expressed here and on the 49chevy.com site as well as in some private e-mails.

Maybe this IS how it was "all planned" in the beginning. Making that sort of determination is... how did our new President put it a few months back? "Above my pay grade." I just do the best I can to muddle through with what I've got.

Anyway, I do want you all to know that the channels of communication between Linda and I have been restored and we're now feeling our way around this new territory. I really don't want to say much more than that until we've both figured out where the new trails lie, what direction they point, and can present a unified front before we embark.

It's a bit confusing having two forums now, the cross-currents could get really weird, but here's a message I posted in response to Linda over at the "Lights On At The Runway" site:

http://qualight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=41#p41

And Rose, to you especially... thank you.

For now,

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Rose
Senior Cadet

Re: UPDATED - The Life of T. Townsend Brown - Book info

Post by Rose »

Paul, 600 hard-won well-crafted pages uncovering the life of an invisible man is not something to be discarded lightly! Thank YOU for deciding to step out and make it available to others outside the forum.

May 2009 bring you many unexpected joys and rewards.

rose
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Paradox

Post by Paul S. »

Rose wrote: the life of an invisible man
That might be a better description than "a man whose story cannot be told," although as Victoria reminds us, there's a good deal of truth to that too. I dunno, I've just always been drawn to verbal paradoxes, maybe because I actually like going around in logical circles.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

"I actually like going around in logical circles."

Ouroboros is an ancient alchemy symbol depicting a snake or dragon [DNA] swallowing its own tail, constantly creating itself and forming a circle.
:D

It is the Wheel of Time - The Alchemy Wheel - 12 Around 1 to manifest grid programs that give the illusion of linear time allowing souls to experience emotions.

Ouroboros is associated with Alchemy, Gnosticism and Hermeticism. It represents the cyclical nature of things, eternal return, and other things perceived as cycles that begin anew as soon as they end.

In some representations the serpent is shown as half light and half dark, echoing symbols such as the Yin Yang, which illustrates the dual nature of all things, but more importantly, that these opposites are not in conflict.
http://www.crystalinks.com/ouroboros.html

:D
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Rose,
I am well used to the strange coincidences of this now definately parallel universes of TT Brown, but you posting a link to Ouroboros is odd from my point of view , seeing how I have been scouring the net for the last few hours looking for all I can about that symbol, and cernunnos.
I consider it to be to scale how all created things exist, in that they are formed in a circulation of duality within a vortex torroid shape, we are this, as is the planet, as is galaxy, as is universe.
These people are showing the same shape, imo.
http://www.16pi2.com/angular_momentum.htm

We are the serpent, everything is.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

Kevin, dear: at your service as always!

I had to look up cernunnos, only to find out that i have a piece of artwork that would qualify, hanging over our front door. Thanks for teaching me a new word.

That's a very interesting link....much to absorb.

rose.
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Post by Radomir »

If you like Cernunnos, consider watching Princess Mononoke, by Hayao Miyazaki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Mononoke

"Recommended by R."

Hrrmmm...who also used to talk about a spirit in the forest?

R.