Chapter 42 - Your First Lesson

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

The Bonzo Syndrome

Post by Paul S. »

Mikado14 wrote:F. And finally, if they are advanced, do we really think we can understand their technology if they are ADVANCED? Might as well teach Bonzo how a radio functions.
What's the old saying (attributed, I believe, to Arthur C. Clarke)?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from magic."

And then along comes this guy Shermer, who adds this corollary:

"Any sufficiently advanced intelligence would be indistinguishable from God."

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID ... 9EC588EF21

Swiss cheese, you say?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

wheres the cheese?

Post by Mark Culpepper »

So where are the holes in this cheese? You keep referring to swiss cheese and all those holes and I am just trying to see them too Paul.

Its just me? but when I look at what we have been talking about all this time and think hard about how our human history has gone, its pretty darned obvious to me. I am comfortable reaching these conclusions FOR MYSELF..............

!.) There is an intelligence out there and 2) It has had a long history of interacting with us and 3) We seem to be the only ones having a hard time recognizing that.

Holes in that logic? I would like to hear about them, really. Where's the swiss cheese?

Mark C.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

The holes...

Post by Paul S. »

...are in "the rest of the story."

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

holes are the rest of the story

Post by Mark Culpepper »

I sort of see what you mean.

I think.

But, the holes are never going to go away because when you fill one up with knowledge, that same knowledge creates other holes!

Sort of a build- your- way -to -the- stars by filling in the potholes. The potholes become the road. But isn't that the way it has always been? So I guess that we just have to get used to the idea that holes are ALWAYS going to be there.

Luckily for you a mans life only goes for so long. And I understand that Dr. Brown was blessed with what, eighty years? Yes, I think so.

So what is your responsibility then? My guess would be to tell the mans story as best you can and leave the resulting holes (which may stretch out into the future) for others to fill. Isn't that what we have all been doing all along anyway.

I just think that you have been careful so far to make the content of your shovel as sound and as pure as you can make it! (Shovelfuls of shit don't last on this road.) So as long as you have made your shovel solid as you possibly can, then you have done what is meant for you to do.

I expect from your solid shovelful, which will be your book, perhaps hundreds of other "holes" will spring up! Questions no one thought to ask before! The shovels will by flying again, and there will be new holes all over the place. But, That's the point!

Mark C.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

advanced technology

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Mikado, I wouldn't worry about your brain functions. Coming back from the dead seems to suit you.

Think on this one folks for just a moment.

Consider that YOU are the advanced intelligence trying to communicate with what we call the modern man. Or, to be more specific, perhaps a young man living in Ohio who seems ....... receptive ............ the year is .... say .... 1923.

You would certainly understand that what you already know is far too massive an amount of knowledge for that frail frame. And even if that individual might survive the kind of "metered download of information" how then would he be treated by those around him? Would he have the character and fortitude to "stay the course".

Have others gone through what he did? With what results?

I call on all of you who had a love of history to look hard at that proposition. Perhaps that intelligence has been interacting with us all along. And everything that we are saying now has been repeated and repeated through history.

But how many times in history has someone said.
"I believe I have discovered the nervous system of the universe.
I believe I know how this works."

Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: holes are the rest of the story

Post by Paul S. »

Mark Culpepper wrote: So what is your responsibility then? My guess would be to tell the mans story as best you can and leave the resulting holes (which may stretch out into the future) for others to fill. Isn't that what we have all been doing all along anyway.
I'm sitting at DFW entering this from my Treo while waiting for my flight...but wanted to acknowledge that we're on the same wavelength re: substance -v- holes.

I'm pretty well resolved to working with the substance that's available, using it to go the edge of the holes and, hopefully, not fall in.

And, your earlier point re ETI contact might be entirely valid but... do you arrive at that conclusion based on what is in the book so far, or on this "back channel" discussion we've been having? If the latter, then surely you can appreciate the challenge of translating that into the former, no?

I mean, would YOU want to stand before an audience and tell them "this is what we've concluded" based on what you've read so far?

I'm not saying I can't/won't say that, but I do have some work to do with the "substance available" before I'll be able to do that credibly.

My thumbs are tired now...

--PS
Last edited by Paul S. on Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: advanced technology

Post by Mikado14 »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: Mikado, I wouldn't worry about your brain functions. Coming back from the dead seems to suit you.

Thanks for the thought but in reality, once you have been in that other realm, you see life differently and is a hard thing or experience to deal with.

Peace
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: wheres the cheese?

Post by Mikado14 »

Mark Culpepper wrote:So where are the holes in this cheese? You keep referring to swiss cheese and all those holes and I am just trying to see them too Paul.

Its just me? but when I look at what we have been talking about all this time and think hard about how our human history has gone, its pretty darned obvious to me. I am comfortable reaching these conclusions FOR MYSELF..............

!.) There is an intelligence out there and 2) It has had a long history of interacting with us and 3) We seem to be the only ones having a hard time recognizing that.
Holes in that logic? I would like to hear about them, really. Where's the swiss cheese?

Mark C.
Mark, am I to understand that by your statement above that you have come to a conclusion....period?

I have one question: What evidence do you have to support your conclusions or is this a gut feeling from empirical data?

Gut feelings can be good but I would just like to know.

Peace
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

proof?

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Thats just it Mikado. I am going by that "gut feeling".

Now others I am sure will be quick to sweep all that away because, other than that "gut feeling" I have no proof of the existence of that intelligence.

But I could take a courtroom stance where someone is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Why would it not be as rational for me to take the stand that I believe that intelligence exists ..... and leave it to the naysayers to prove that it DOESN'T. Innocent until proven quilty.

Would anyone be any more able to prove without a shadow of a doubt that the intelligence that we have been talking about DOESN'T EXIST?

I can run up and down the scales of the song ....... just because you have never seen something doesn't mean that it can not exist etc, etc, etc .... but I am bored with that and I am sure that you are too.

Ultimately, isn't it rather odd that we keep trying to understand this reality of ours? Why do we even bother?

I think it was Elizabeth that noted she felt that each of us had sort of an "embedded code" which responded somehow to this intelligence. Is that what all of you are calling your "gut feeling". If so ..... then I will subscribe to that. Perhaps we just don't have enough information available to prove the existence of this intelligence YET. But from I have seen here on the forum and in life in general I think that there is more of a chance that the intelligence is in fact there.

Thats my concious decision and perhaps in this odd reality perhaps when I decide that .... it becomes that. What was it that Einstein said "If you DECIDE that it is a friendly Universe ...." So that is a personal choice on my part.

Just stating my case from my point of view. Valuing all others. And Mikado I would be VERY interested in what you might be able to share with us about your death /life experience. May I ask how it may have changed your way of looking at things? Mark C.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: proof?

Post by Mikado14 »

[quote="Mark Culpepper"]Thats just it Mikado. I am going by that "gut feeling".

As I said, Gut feelings are good. Some avenues would call that faith, others, a little voice inside. I like to call it a gut feeling, that little voice that tells to turn left instead of right. Or to place a magnet between 10 degrees and 30 (inside personal experience).

Now others I am sure will be quick to sweep all that away because, other than that "gut feeling" I have no proof of the existence of that intelligence.

Are you sure you don't?

But I could take a courtroom stance where someone is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Why would it not be as rational for me to take the stand that I believe that intelligence exists ..... and leave it to the naysayers to prove that it DOESN'T. Innocent until proven quilty.

Absolutely, I have had several courses in law and I seem to forget what that is called, but you are correct. Your antithesis to the thesis is fine.

Would anyone be any more able to prove without a shadow of a doubt that the intelligence that we have been talking about DOESN'T EXIST?

Absolutely not.

Ultimately, isn't it rather odd that we keep trying to understand this reality of ours? Why do we even bother?

Because, in my opinion, that is the 3% difference in our DNA than a chimp.
Man looks to the stars and wonders, he looks at the lightning and wonders, etc. and man, in general, does not like a mystery. I believe it was Gallileo that said something akin to "Why would God create us with intelligence and imagination if we were not meant to use it".

And Mikado I would be VERY interested in what you might be able to share with us about your death /life experience. May I ask how it may have changed your way of looking at things? Mark C.[/quote]

It altered the way I look at life. I remember sitting in a chair next to the hospital gurney and watching the Doctor perform CPR. As I looked to the ceiling, I found my self in a room. I had no pain anymore. I was thinking about my life and all the left turns instead of rights. The good and the bad. The loves and loves lost. It seemed like an eternity sitting there in a white room as an opening slowly appeared in the far wall. It was whiter than any white I ever saw. There were voices ahead of me, and voices to the rear. I could not tell what they were saying. A voice as clear as a bell said, "It is not your time", at that point point, I remember the crushing pain returning.

Was it the oxygen burning off in my brain? Does not that which makes us what we are live on? I don't know. It seemed like an eternity in that room but only 10 minutes passed.

It is very hard to deal with it. Someday, I will know for sure.

Peace
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

a gift

Mikado,

What you have shared with us is a pure gift. Thankyou! Elizabeth
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Art Bell reference to Brown

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: Oh Jeeze, I never thought I would be repeating something I had heard on Art Bells late night ufo radio show! AND I don't even remember when it was, but as I recall the program centered on John Lear talking about his father (William Lear, of Lear Jets) and Townsend Brown! John Lear said that he a was sure that the two of them had "something in the works" in the fifties and sixties. (Or at least that was my impression of the conversation.)

And that phrase about the cabin being somehow insulated against g forces which would enable the "crew" to handle those impossible turns and shifts of speed was repeated. (I think that statement was made originally by Bill Lear himself. My question is ...... where did Bill Lear get his insporation on that subject?)

?

Elizabeth
I don't know about all of the other things about "g" forces or "In the Cabin", but I do remember that Art Bell interview. Actually, it was series he did in November and December, 2003. I don't know if this is the only interview he did with Lear's progeny, but it's the one I remember. He (Bell) also interviewed Bab Lazar (sp?) and Dr. Greer.

Here are some links to the transcripts from the series that I recall.
http://www.garnetchaney.com/art_bell_show_digest.shtml
http://www.seaspower.com/TranscriptSG-A ... edited.htm

You have to smile at what Greer said in the second link I have there and I'll quote:
"So, in fact, the issue really becomes "what's relevant to people right now", and I think what is most relevant to people right now is the harmful effects of secrecy, which very specifically has to do with keeping the world rather addicted to this little line of supertankers filled with this black stuff called oil coming out the Middle East and elsewhere. "

Because this issue is so relevant to us today as our "Government" pushes so hard to control all ME oil, not just in Iraq. Well of course this isn't the only interesting point in the interview, or is it the one that is relevant to this discussion, but I found it funny. (not clown funny either).

LongboardLOVELY
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Art Bell reference to Brown

Post by Mikado14 »

Here are some links to the transcripts from the series that I recall.
http://www.garnetchaney.com/art_bell_show_digest.shtml
http://www.seaspower.com/TranscriptSG-A ... edited.htm

You have to smile at what Greer said in the second link I have there and I'll quote:
"So, in fact, the issue really becomes "what's relevant to people right now", and I think what is most relevant to people right now is the harmful effects of secrecy, which very specifically has to do with keeping the world rather addicted to this little line of supertankers filled with this black stuff called oil coming out the Middle East and elsewhere. "

Because this issue is so relevant to us today as our "Government" pushes so hard to control all ME oil, not just in Iraq. Well of course this isn't the only interesting point in the interview, or is it the one that is relevant to this discussion, but I found it funny. (not clown funny either).

LongboardLOVELY[/quote]

As to what is contained in the links, Why does it not surprise me?

Peace, we need it.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

the first lesson

Hello everybody,

I had a strange little thought when I happned (?) to look at the heading for this post, which is , of course, a reference to the Chapter 42 (where Morgan has his "first lesson" with a representative of his new life.)

And that strange little thought struck me. That is what is happening here folks! This forum line has been sort of our "first lesson".

What was Morgan told?" Never underestimate your opponent." (and the message that is behind that was .......... "don't be so cocky and sure of yourself ..... there are things in your life you don't know ..... yet .........")

I have come to the realization though, that Morgan was chosen for the career he would pursue. I am not privy to the scope of the career that he followed but I believe that no small part of that was actually contacting Paul and helping us unravel some of the mysteries of Townsend Browns life.

I have come to the conclusion that no one else could have done that. Morgan was the only one that was placed in the right place, at the right time to help with that process.

And the other strange thought is. Perhaps we are all in that kind of position. Perhaps we all are in the right place at the right time and somehow each of us has some sort of contribution toward unraveling this mystery. Don't ask me how all this works. If I knew that I would be a genius! Just sharing that passing thought with you all. Elizabeth