NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Geoff
Space Cadet

Re: NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

Post by Geoff »

UK UFO Reports.
In the UK the National Archives has provided nineteen downloadable PDF files relating to UFO reports received by the Ministry of Defence during the period 1986 – 1992. Another 200 or so files will be made available over the next four years.

http://ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7679145.stm

A BBC report from 14th May 2008 contains a very short extract from a1979 government briefing for the House of Lords:

“The idea of the inter-Governmental conspiracy of silence is at once the most astonishing and the most flattering claim of all. On so few things can the Governments of the world agree unanimously, but they have all supposedly agreed to conceal the evidence of UFOs from their peoples. Let me assure this House that Her Majesty’s Government has never been approached by people from outer space”.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7398491.stm

I’m not a Lord, but I’m assured too, or at least I was for a moment until I remembered that ministers on rare occasions are …what was that phrase….’economical with the truth’. So I’m just bearing in mind that “people from outer space” might not be an entirely innocent choice of words.

A UFO report.
A few years ago someone I know told me about his UFO sighting. I can’t remember exactly what he told me but the gist was this:
He was on duty as a civil air traffic controller at an area unit one night when a pilot reported that he could see an unusual bright light that appeared to be stationary in the sky. Then another pilot reported seeing the same thing and the two pilots provided further details and commentary. What they were reporting was clearly out of the ordinary and he quickly passed details on by telephone to the unit responsible for air defence around the capital.
The conversation went something like this: “You’ve had reports of what? Where? Is it doing anything? Do you know what time it is? Well, if it’s still there in the morning we’ll send someone up to have a look”.
The reported position of the UFO was not too distant from the control centre, so he got another controller to take over from him and he went outside to see if he could see it. He told me that in the distance he could see the UFO and that it had the appearance of being supported on two columns of light that arced out left and right from the UFO, became vertical and reached the ground. It appeared to be stationary. After a while the columns of light slowly began to retract, the ends rising from the surface, working their way up the columns, round the arched portions, and on reaching the UFO - it blinked out and was gone!

I smile at the reaction of the air defenders, guess it would probably be pretty much the same around most, if not all, the capitals of the world, not just Moscow.

I’ve had three or four sightings of unidentified objects in the sky which made me ponder ‘now what was that?’ but nothing worth writing about.

Reporting USOs.
In the UK there are official forms on which the authorities record the details of UFO reports. Does anyone know if any country has official report forms for Unidentified Submerged Objects?

My experiment with stones.
Last night I took out my Fluke digital multimeter, borrowed a collection of stones from my wife and daughter, and working my way through the collection obtaining a consistent set of voltage readings – all Zero! Then I remembered that the observer plays a vital part in such things – guess I’ve a long way to go!

Rays of sunshine.

Today it’s damp and overcast here in my neck of the woods, but rays of sunshine flood into my life every day as I read your posts. Thank you.

Geoff
[Edited for spelling mistake]
Last edited by Geoff on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Geoff wrote:<SNIP>
My experiment with stones.
Last night I took out my Fluke digital multimeter, borrowed a collection of stones from my wife and daughter, and working my way through the collection obtaining a consistent set of voltage readings – all Zero! Then I remembered that the observer plays a vital part in such things – guess I’ve a long way to go!

Rays of sunshine.

Today it’s damp and overcast here in my neck of the woods, but rays of sunshine flood into my life every day as I read your posts. Thank you.

Geoff
Geoff,

I haven't seen you post here before except for today, so welcome!

The voltages from the stones are millivolt values. Did you place the setting on the millivolt scale? Also, please move the probes around the stones. There may be a "sweet spot" just as in the crystal cat's whisker detectors.

I've been listening to the "rock music" from this place: http://www.duncanlaurie.com/studio/sounds?page=1
Some are quite interesting. Some sound like the whistlers, tweeks, and sferics associated with VLF emissions.

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

Geoff wrote:UK UFO Reports.
In the UK the National Archives has provided nineteen downloadable PDF files relating to UFO reports received by the Ministry of Defence during the period 1986 – 1992. Another 200 or so files will be made available over the next four years.

http://ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7679145.stm

A BBC report from 14th May 2008 contains a very short extract from a1979 government briefing for the House of Lords:

“The idea of the inter-Governmental conspiracy of silence is at once the most astonishing and the most flattering claim of all. On so few things can the Governments of the world agree unanimously, but they have all supposedly agreed to conceal the evidence of UFOs from their peoples. Let me assure this House that Her Majesty’s Government has never been approached by people from outer space”.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7398491.stm

Geoff
Hi Geoff. Im wondering if the lady who wrote in saying she landed on earth in a UFO during the War was my Mum but I have her birth cert so it couldnt have been.

Im wondering re the singing stones. I think maybe it has something to do with crystal lattice within the structure of some stones. Then I started thinking (always risking business) that yea, our skeletons are calcium lattices. I always thought MN put the marrow inside the core of the densest material to shield against cosmic rays. But maybe its an electrolyte as well.

Ive nearly finished my study guide btw.

My Mum was unique. Apart from her offspring.
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Just a bunch of Random Thoughts at ohdarkthirty.

An out and out political statement:

Which choice of the two candidates would be most able and willing to sit down to a table with guests with completely different backgrounds and agendas? And I mean COMPLETELY diffenent backgrounds.

If England is beginning to release classified reports of UFO andings and or activities ... IN THE NEXT FOUR YEARS ... then ..... who is most likely to handle those reports ( and the reports being released in the US) at the highest level of metal scope DURING THOSE NEXT FOUR YEARS.

I have made no secret of my position here regarding my hope for the outcome of this election but now maybe some of you will see the reasoning behind my choice.

and this is a magical moment Kevin and we are indeed sitting on the Ledge with many others. Trickfox .... take heart .... look around .... Again its the ancient set of questions. Who are you? Where do you come from? Where WILL YOU GO? Each of us has that to ask and answer for himself/herself. And we all need to be very careful of our words and actions here folks because we are setting our future as we speak.

With all of the Love that I can muster to send out ..............Linda
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

The rock music was sure interesting, but the plant music was more music to my particular ears. I guess plants are one rung higher on the life scale, so the music is more “musical” to my taste. I would like to hear what music a simple animal lifeform would make. How do you stick a sensor on an earth worm?
Humans are at the top of the earth life scale and in my opinion, make the best music. But that opinion is coming from a human. I have no idea what a plant thinks of Tchaikovsky. By listening to their plant music it seems as though they would probably prefer Ravel. We will probably come to find that rocks prefer Rogers and Hammerstein.

GV
Last edited by greggvizza on Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Re: Optical Multimedia and the Townsend Brown Family

Post by greggvizza »

htmagic wrote:I am curious about the IBVA Waterfall Graph Measuring Cumberlandite, Laurie Studio. Could you please describe this in more detail? Is this equipment available as well as the software? The display looks like a 3 D plot. What are we seeing there? Is this the pitch variations as displayed from the audio signals? What did the audio signals sound like? Is there any audio wave files?
Just wanted to add my two cents worth. Most waterfall graphs in audio measurement devices are: frequency on the X axis, amplitude on the Y axis, and time on the Z axis. But there is no guarantee that that is what those folks are using. I would be interested to find out.

GV
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

greggvizza wrote:The rock music was sure interesting, but the plant music was more music to my particular ears. I guess plants are one rung higher on the life scale, so the music is more “musical” to my taste. I would like to hear what music a simple animal lifeform would make. How do you stick a sensor on an earth worm?
Humans are at the top of the earth life scale and in my opinion, make the best music. But that opinion is coming from a human. I have no idea what a plant thinks of Tchaikovsky. By listening to their plant music it seems as though they would probably prefer Ravel. We will probably come to find that rocks prefer Rogers and Hammerstein.

GV
GV,

The circuit I believe is like the classic lie detector kit that uses a speaker and an oscillator to detect changes in skin resistance. As the skin resistance changes, the pitch goes up or down.

It would be hard to stick a sensor on an earthworm. But for humans, you can use the conductive pads like the medical field uses for EKGs and EEGs or TENS units. These pads would also probably work on rocks.
http://www.sonictechnology.com/Electrode%20Pads2.htm
http://www.lgmedsupply.com/electrodes.html
http://www.vitalitywebb.com/backstore/electrodes.htm

I thought rocks liked rock music. :roll:

MagicBill
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

htmagic wrote:
greggvizza wrote:The circuit I believe is like the classic lie detector kit that uses a speaker and an oscillator to detect changes in skin resistance. As the skin resistance changes, the pitch goes up or down.
Did you listen to the mp3s on that site. In the titles of some was listed Ableton Live. That is a music production software package. Which is where the actual sounds that you heard came from. Ableton supplied the instrument samples, the plants and rocks just played them. This arrangement is similar to a lie detector but with a few more added steps to make the sound more pleasing. The plant voltage or resistance is amplified and used as a voltage control input to a voltage to MIDI converter. The MIDI data is then sent to Ableton to control sampled instruments. MIDI stands for Musical Instrument Digital Interface. It is the buss on which musical instruments communicate.

GV
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Amazing that tonights newscast has a story of an Internet Cafe in Japan which has hooked a big plant to its own " Blog". I can't find a link to it right now but watch for it guys and when I find a link I'll put it up. How strange is it that we talk about something and BOOM ... there it is ... halfway around the world.

Paul? Whats the latest? If you are involved in another chapter of the rewrite can we have a sample to chew on? Missing your input here. I feel like I should borrow Victorias line ... Thursday huh Paul?

Sometimes I even worry that we are prattling away, sort of just talking to oursleves and you have gone off somewhere and forgotten us? NAH. That wouldn't happen. I expect if anything has gotten your attention it would be politics right now. And rightly so I guess. I think everyone might need a "hall pass" during the next two weeks. I know that we have tried to stay non political and everyone has been exceptionally polite. Whichever way you all are thinking .... please VOTE.

I have been struck rather consistantly with the idea of how amazing it is that this Forum just keeps right on going sunder its own steam. Can you imagine what all this will be like when others can actually join us in the knowledge of what is in your chapters Paul?

A discussion group with an endless flame I think. That will be something to see. MarkC
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

Mr. Culpepper,
I have been reluctant to post anything regarding politics or the election. But with only two weeks left, it would seem that I was being less than honest if I didn't put it out. I feel that more than any other time in my life time, this is the most significant election we will face.

I've been totally non-partisan in my evaluation of the candidates. I was angry when Ron Paul dropped out of the race because I felt that he was truly the best candidate for the job. I was surprised when Obama beat Hillary Clinton for the Democratic nomination and was equally thrown when John McCain chose Sarah Palin as a running mate. All that aside, I was looking at the issues, and who would best serve the interests of America, and since Ron Paul removed himself, I chose Bob Barr, the libertarian Candidate.

I have been watching the markets now for many years, and other than my 401k I did not invest in the markets. Considering how much my 401k lost, I am not regretting staying out of the markets. But I have been educating myself on the nuances of the financial system and particularly why it's in a shambles right now. And I see it as an issue with the way we view currency. We no longer deal with tangible money. We deal in notes, debits and credits, ATM transfers, Debit and Credit cards. Why I even pay bills via online banking.

So what does that have to do with politics or my choices for this election? It has to do with the philosophical differences in a two party system, versus the right to choose a candidate that best represents the wishes of the American people. And it is obvious from the way things are playing out, that America only sees two choices. It is the media that spins it that way. And I will concede that America will have made Obama its choice in two weeks, not because he is the best choice, but because he is the either/or choice.

Which surprises me here on the forum, since we all know how quickly someone will zap one who limits their choices to either/or. Remember Morgan's words they will tell us. Well now I am saying the same thing. There are other choices, and please do not tell me that a vote for a third candidate is taking a vote from a Democrat or a Republican, I know that. That is exactly what it does. By choosing another candidate, that fits the position well, you are making a choice based on your rights and freedom to choose, not on the coercion of the media spin doctors. Some say they will not vote at all, but I say vote because it is your responsibility to make a choice that will serve the highest good of all Americans, and probably the world, for the next US President will inherit all of the foibles of past administrations, not just the current one.

It's time WE made our votes really count. Take a good look at what those other choices are before you cast your vote for the "lesser of two evils" or "not as bad as the other guy." Vote for the best choice you can make, for you and for our future. Vote like your life depended on it, because it does.

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Fred,

Well said!!! Hear hear! America has been a 2 party system for too long! As jibjab.com says, 'they spin you around and stick it in your rear' and neither party makes a difference. So why not vote the alternative? Bob Barr for President! Neither/nor!

And when you vote, vote paper! Then it's harder to hide!

V for Vendetta! Remember the movie - the Government must fear us, not the other way around like it is now!
Don't believe me? Wait until you're 90, like this little old lady!
http://video.aol.com/video/elderly-woma ... 1200694035

MagicBill
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

fm no static at all,
What's a 401k?
This man with his copper coins talks about 401k'S
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8700958565

I went to France last week, to see my new grandson, Olivier Julianne, great, but I sure hate those stupid euro's, it's just like playing monopoly
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

Congratulations on the grandson, Kevin. He's lucky to have you to learn from!

A 401K is a tax-free savings/investment account, meant to help an individual with economic preparation for retirement Contributions can come from an individual and/or an employer.

We will never have a viable third party here until we start to vote like we ARE a third party. I would have preferred a Paul/Kucinich ticket but I'll take McKinney/Clemente.

rose
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

Congratulations on the grandson, Kevin. He's lucky to have you to learn from!

A 401K is a tax-free savings/investment account, meant to help an individual with economic preparation for retirement Contributions can come from an individual and/or an employer.

Politically, speaking,. I would have preferred a Paul/Kucinich ticket but I'll take McKinney/Clemente.

rose
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

kevin.b wrote:fm no static at all,
What's a 401k?
This man with his copper coins talks about 401k'S
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8700958565

Kevin
A 401k plan is a retirement account. You have a payroll deduction which is also "matched" by your employer, although sometimes individuals wind up contributing more than their employers. I needed the money, so I cashed it out, and in addition to nearly a 15% drop in its value because of the economy, I also gave up about the same in taxes and fees.

If you think the Euro is monopoly money, that is about what our federal reserve notes are here in the states. They are called notes because that is exactly what they are, promissory notes, notes of credit/debit. The banks that operate the Fed are so secretive, we don't really know who they are. And except for the fact that there are "board members" we don't know who really controls our government treasury.

But if you read about the Federal Reserve and the American economy, you will discover that the Federal Reserve is a central banking system, that is not part of the government, but rather private commercial banks, who "lend" money to the US and charge them interest on it. Our taxes (income collected via IRS) pays just the interest on the federal deficit. The government services are paid for via corporate taxes and fees, taxes on goods and services, such as gasoline, highway usage, licensing fees, etc. Schools are paid for via state and local property taxes.

The IRS and the Federal Reserve operate illegally according to the US Constitution. First the IRS works under the premise of "voluntary compliance" which means it is not a law to pay taxes. Second, under our 16th Amendment, the IRS still collects taxes without legal jurisdiction as the Constitution forbids taxing without apportionment. In other words, we need to see an itemized report clearly showing how our taxes are being spent in order for the income tax to be lawful. Finally, the IRS income tax laws were never ratified by the individual states, and as of the present, there are no US laws that require citizens to pay income taxes. But try and get away with it.

We the people have become "we the sheeple" in the eyes of the "powers that be." Although WE never condoned the system of taxing or the Federal Reserve, we are being led to believe it is the law of the land, and the majority of us continue to support this illegal system. It is also why I am only supporting candidates in this November election who acknowledge the illegality of the Fed and IRS and who have pledged to abolish both institutions from their enslavement of the American people.

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/