Thomas Townsend Brown Effect

For a discussion of the science of Townsend Brown, his experiments and his ideas.
Kim
Space Cadet

Re: Thomas Townsend Brown Effect

Post by Kim »

FM No Static At All wrote: Kim,
H2O2 will <EDIT> knock <EDIT> that bug out of him quick. I use 6 to 8 drops in my AM java, and 6 drops per half liter of water. An 8 percent solution of food grade H2O2 and distilled water make a great spray for sore throats and as a mister for clogged nasal passages. I use a 35% solution that I dilute. As soon as I start to feel something coming on, I spray it away. The regular use in such small doses, helps the body fight viruses and harmful bacteria. The good stuff in not harmed but the anaerobic toxic stuff is destroyed by the oxygen produced.
Fred,

Thank you for the advice, I will try it, if he cooperates with me, he is a very miserable patient. (I'd rather deal with ALL my kids sick at one time!!)
BTW, it seems you know Philly pretty well. What area were you from? I grew up in Philly and Cheltenham, and a few places in between. Haven't been back there in over 20 years now.

Kim
What we take time to dream, do we dare make reality?
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

arc wrote:Im stuck in a rut and think its time to throw a question into the fray;

From what I have read the TTB effect is related to extra high voltage, BUT does the actual ampere flow play an important part as well.
Arc,

No, I believe it is more electrostatic in nature. But that is MHO only. I liked what Mikado had to say about it but why isn't he telling us all of what he knows about this?

And by the way, Kim, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

For Mikado to miss your birthday then suggest the horses, he needs more than a tightly wound newspaper! :wink:

I went to a Train Show today as well and took my wife and kid to the event. They may not have totally enjoyed it as much as me, but we were together as a family. Sometimes family takes one another for granted and we have to stop and think how thankful we are for them being there.

Kim, instead of a horse, let him get you a dog!

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
arc
Junior Birdman

Post by arc »

Mikado,

I can see a vague conceptual outline forming. And the need to start testing and recording. There is indeed some conflicting data out there on the web and it takes some sorting and sifting to eliminate the dross. The other issue you elude to, may it possibly be mach?

HT
I think some battles are just plain good for the soul. It makes the victory all the sweeter.

arc
I do not believe our destiny lays beneath our feet... it lays beneath the stars
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Post by twigsnapper »

All this expertise in the cooking department makes me wonder who I am actually dealing with here guys. But I guess as long as you don't carry your cash bound by a brocolli rubber band.... I suppose I am safe? ( If none of you get my meaning then just forget the comment, if you do then you might smile along with me?) <g> twigsnapper
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

The current draw will be momentary; only during the charging cycle of the capacitor. Current will be inversely proportional to the exponential voltage rise time curve. Once the capacitor is fully charged then (in an ideal system) there is no more current draw. But like Mikado mentioned, we have no ideal materials and there will always be a certain amount of leakage, which means there will always be a small amount of current draw.

GV
Kim
Space Cadet

Post by Kim »

twigsnapper wrote:All this expertise in the cooking department makes me wonder who I am actually dealing with here guys. But I guess as long as you don't carry your cash bound by a brocolli rubber band.... I suppose I am safe? ( If none of you get my meaning then just forget the comment, if you do then you might smile along with me?) <g> twigsnapper

Mr. Twigsnapper,

Good morning to you sir. I guess we all have our own style when it comes to the kitchen.
Well, of course Mikado understood your comment, and after explaining it to me, we did have a good laugh.
(But I still had to look it up because I needed to see for myself. I love to catch him when he's wrong and believe me that doesn't happen very often.)
Guess the Italian shows through in many areas.

Kim
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

arc wrote:
Magic wrote:I liked what Mikado had to say about it but why isn't he telling us all of what he knows about this?
HT
I think some battles are just plain good for the soul. It makes the victory all the sweeter.
arc
Some battles when fought, whether lost or won, knowledge is gained. How not to lose or how to win however, if won, the winner should not be sitting on his laurels.

So that you don't hate yourself too much Mr. Magic, here is something for you:

Figure 1 is the Voltage Doubler as you will recognize and is drawn in the ladder reference. Figure 2 is drawn in the colloquial method or stage method. They are the same but Figure 2 looks nothing like the EK Generator. Maybe this is what I was attempting to get you to see. Does the exhaust gases ionize, yep. Are they acting like a rectifier, nope. Fluid dynamics. Is each successive nozzle at a higher negative potential then the previous? yep. Are the capacitors storing this charge in stages? yep, just like series batteries but of a very high voltage. Remember, the exhaust gases produce a negative charge...where's the positive? Can't say everything but I bet you know. Now, I have given something directly.

Mr. Arc, you will just have to wait a little while longer on your question. Keep going forward.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Kim wrote:
twigsnapper wrote:All this expertise in the cooking department makes me wonder who I am actually dealing with here guys. But I guess as long as you don't carry your cash bound by a brocolli rubber band.... I suppose I am safe? ( If none of you get my meaning then just forget the comment, if you do then you might smile along with me?) <g> twigsnapper

Mr. Twigsnapper,

Good morning to you sir. I guess we all have our own style when it comes to the kitchen.
Well, of course Mikado understood your comment, and after explaining it to me, we did have a good laugh.
(But I still had to look it up because I needed to see for myself. I love to catch him when he's wrong and believe me that doesn't happen very often.)
Guess the Italian shows through in many areas.

Kim
Oh yeah, I'm the Mafioso....go ahead Mr. Twigsnapper and ask her who stole the towel from the Motel over the weekend?

Mikado (and yes, it does end in a vowel!)

<G>
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Kim
Space Cadet

Post by Kim »

htmagic wrote: And by the way, Kim, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

For Mikado to miss your birthday then suggest the horses, he needs more than a tightly wound newspaper! :wink:

I went to a Train Show today as well and took my wife and kid to the event. They may not have totally enjoyed it as much as me, but we were together as a family. Sometimes family takes one another for granted and we have to stop and think how thankful we are for them being there.

Kim, instead of a horse, let him get you a dog!

MagicBill
MagicBill,

Thank you and believe me it won't be a tightly wound newspaper he has to deal with LOL.
And I completely agree with doing things together. I am not into trains as he is but I enjoy going because it is something I can share with him.
As for the dog, not quite ready for one yet, we just lost ours this past spring. Besides, I have my hands full with Neva and the foxes.

Kim
Bulwark
Space Cadet

Post by Bulwark »

Kim wrote:
I have a problem understanding Mikado at times and this triangle thing, he made me look it up. For those that don't get it here it is: https://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 423#p13423

I looked at the picture and he asked me what I saw and I said it looked like a pyramid (he should have expected that cause I like Egypt) without a top. I told him to stop calling it a triangle and call it what it is.

Trickfox - I had grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and salad for dinner, Mikado had humble pie because he forgot my birthday - ON MONDAY!!!!! - and today is Friday! Talk about forgetful....he will pay, ....oh he will pay! Mr. Twigsnapper, do you have any magazines and would you show me how to roll it tightly..really, really tight?

Kim
When I have a problem understanding someone, I usually step back and look at them from another view, and then I give up. I just accept, now when it comes to forgetting a birthday, well, that is a horse of another color.

Happy Birthday.

Bulwark
Who would be a man must be a non-conformist - Emerson
natecull
Keeper of the Flame

Post by natecull »

kevin.b wrote:Arc,
Read through this,
http://www.svpvril.com/svpweb39.html
Think of mikado's pyramid, think harmonically, now what did Dr Brown keep playing, sound of music?
Kevin, student of honourable Fibonacci.
Intriguing. I'm sure I've read this site before and I don't entirely grasp his concepts but he seems to be again going along similar roads to the LRC Physics guy ( http://www.lrcphysics.com/scalar-physics ). At least in his reference to Platonic solids and I think also the Pythagorean link to the tetractys. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetractys

But then he seems to diverge, talking about four forces (electric/magnetic/gravity + order).

Too much pure mathematics gets too abstract for me... it seems like you could derive any number you wanted from any other number if you tried hard enough.
Going on a journey, somewhere far out east
We'll find the time to show you, wonders never cease
arc
Junior Birdman

Post by arc »

I just found this article, You folk have probably already covered it a while ago but I found it interesting,
http://www.hbci.com/~wenonah/history/brown.htm
I do not believe our destiny lays beneath our feet... it lays beneath the stars
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Re: Birthday Wishes

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

twigsnapper wrote:I have been bad about missing birthdays too.

I missed yours Longboard Lovely too! ..... and kim ..... So to you both... Happy Birthday (from an old man who used to write stuff like that mentally across the insides of my eyelids but I have lost that ability!)

Mikado will have to come up with his own excuse Kim. I suggest a dinner out, or perhaps, knowing his expertise ... dinner at home!

Great flashing card by the way Fred! twigsnapper
Mr Twigsnapper,

Do not berate yourself for missing my birthday. You have not. And thank you for the EARLY well wishes.
I turn 40 (!!!) November 5th.

You were probably recalling someone else's birthday, someone very dear to me.

Thank you very much from both of us!

Take care of yourself.....

All My Best,
Linda B.

and though I have not met you yet, Happy Birthday, Kim.
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

LongboardLOVELY wrote: Do not berate yourself for missing my birthday. You have not. And thank you for the EARLY well wishes.
I turn 40 (!!!) November 5th.

Take care of yourself.....

All My Best,
Linda B.

Linda B. (the other Linda B.),

I have an associate at work and her birthday is the same date. I always send here a card with this little poem in it. As a result, I never miss her (or your) birthday:
Remember, remember the 5th of November,
Of Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.
MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Kim
Space Cadet

Post by Kim »

LongboardLOVELY wrote:
Linda B.

Thank you for the warm wishes. You have quite a few years to catch up to me. :)
Yours will be very easy for me to remember, one of my grand-daughters
shares your birthday, and she is very special to Mikado.

Kim