NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
AM2
Senior Cadet

Re: NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

Post by AM2 »

DELETED
Last edited by AM2 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

AM2 wrote:
One simple question:

What the hell will an FTM do to solve the energy situation?

In 50 words or less and no damn cut and paste crap!

Second simple question:

What the hell will Dr Brown's "tunnel diode" do to solve the energy situation?

Same rules as above.

Can't put it in your own words ...... don't bother.

Mikado
How will solving the energy-situation save:

a.) over-population
b.) top-soil depletion
c.) the exhaustion of aquifers - http://www.earth-policy.org/Books/Seg/PB3ch04_ss2.htm
d.) loss of arable land around the world
e.) climate change
d.) progressive destruction of bio-diversity
e.) scarcity of natural resources (not just oil, but also wood, metals, etc.)

Etc., etc., etc.?

You don't have clean water, you don't have food, but you can watch Discovery Channel with a "free energy" device providing the necessary electricity. Congratulations! Problem solved!Oh, wait all the juice I was drinking just splashed over my computer screen, because I was laughing so hard that it came through my nose.

I really don't have the time today to re-quote proper sources and raise issues that nobody seems to think about.

Have you ever considered the true cause behind the current problems? Greed, hubris (Satan's favourite vice by the way) and "cleverness". The most visible manifestation of this "being clever" is the pathological desire to solve everything through technology. Technology - the great fetish of modern world.

Instead of using it as a tool and trying to strive for wisdom, we always want to be clever, inventing newer and newer gadgets. Do you know how people traditionally shit in China and India? They squat - the most hygenic way of shitting. Ask a nurse or somebody who is in medical care.

No fancy toilets. Wonderful thing. You should try it.

The problems are very complex and energy is just one part of the equation.

What do you think will an Indian farmer, who has to drill deeper and deeper every year for water, who is indebted to some local thug and being showed Monsanto frankenseeds down his throat, do with a machine providing free and cheap energy? I'll tell you what he will do - he will drill even deeper for water, exhausting the aquifer even more and at a faster pace than he did previously. RESULT: Free electricity, but no water! Congratulations!

Lesson: "Perfect solutions" can and will cause unexpected problems. Why? Because you did not consider the complexity of the situation on your hands.

What about "energy return on investment (EROI)" in relation to such alternative sources of energy? Especially under the consideration of mass-producing these devices?

"Why EROI Matters?" - http://www.theoildrum.com/node/3786

Factor in the high prices and scarcity of oil, metals and other raw materials you need and then tell me what do you get?

And don't forget the economic crisis!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.j ... rbs118.xml

http://www.oftwominds.com/blogjun08/wave6-08.html

http://www.oftwominds.com/blogjun08/4-cycles.html

Etc., etc.

Again ... and for the one billionth time. I am not preaching doom, but people have to be aware of the complexity of the situation. Problems can be solved, but it is not so simple as to bring a new gadget on the market and then go on as usual i. e. pillaging, destroying and greedily amassing more and more.

I think the late George Carlin said it best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ4SSvVb ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eScDfYzMEEw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF05oDvHPq8

His criticism of course also applies to myself. And the situation is the same all over the world - not just the West.

R. I. P. George. As you said: "The Planet is fine, the people are ..."

AM
Nice soapbox you have there. Did you plan on answering my questions?

Mikado

PS: Do you think that I am stupid that you feel compelled to point out what you have? Apparently so. Just go and bury your head, don't do anything and criticize all who at least attempt to take a first step in a direction. oh...and send me the bill for you keyboard and learn to exercise a bit more control for there are children somewhere who would be happy to have your juice.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

DELETED
Last edited by AM2 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Morgan Would Be Proud

Post by Paul S. »

AM2 wrote: I intended to address your questions with further questions.
At least the patterns are consistent...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

DELETED
Last edited by AM2 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Mikado14 wrote:
kevin.b wrote:Mikado 14,
I'll have a crack at the FTM.
Make sure now occurs.
I could write a book about what that may entail.
And as for the future, I would be ensuring everything that needs to occur now, also does occur.
That may have needed putting in place for quite some time, and the people required may have had to be seeded at the right time and manouvered to the right positions.
You would need a chess master to oversee.
kevin
Nice try kevin but how does that lower energy costs NOW? Maybe...just maybe...what is happening is supposed to happen and is the proverbial kick in the ass some of us need.

Mikado
I didn't say anything about energy.
I didn't say anything about Dr Browns diode, because I don't know about it.

There is only one source of energy, we are simply reversing past incoming energy.
I doubt that we are supposed to utilise that source of energy in the present way that we are doing .
We do not have to fight what will supply all, but we need to recognise it first.
It's a case of getting the basics right, we are not operating in this basic way, we are perverting the system , and have been doing so for quite a while.
In other words , there is no way forward with the present, the train has hit the buffers.
We took a wrong turn, it's TIME to get back on track.

There has to be a switch over onto a new set of tracks, there is no need for panic or rash moves, but a recognition of an alternative route, then the present can be run down slowly as the new way gathers up speed.
The only source is space and it's content that are permeating everything.
Then whatever level of population it will naturally sustain will level off at that amount, there is most likely thousands upon thousands of similer life supporting planets, so expansion can continue.
Only by recognising space and it's structure can this switch over ever happen.
The alternative is to remain in this condition, but with perhaps six billion less people.
They will be considering all options, you can't blame them.
kevin
fibonacci is king
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

DELETED
Last edited by AM2 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

AM2 wrote:
Did you plan on answering my questions?
No, I didn't actually. I intended to address your questions with further questions.

A person who answers questions with questions deserves no attention for they have no answers.
AM2 wrote:[
PS: Do you think that I am stupid that you feel compelled to point out what you have? Apparently so. Just go and bury your head, don't do anything and criticize all who at least attempt to take a first step in a direction.
Quite the contrary - I actually think you are very intelligent.

And you again miss the point. I am not criticizing any constructive effort. What I am disagreeing with though is the one-sided presentation.

If I were intelligent, I would have never asked the question to begin with. If I missed your point, it is only because you have missed what I was after and I do not wish to address the same statements you have made in the past except reformatted. Questions usually are one-sided.
AM2 wrote:How do you know that I am not already engaged in efforts of my own? How do you know that I am not preparing something?

Because you have admitted that you hold no technical skills, therefore, you are not using your own two hands to do anything. If you are preparing anything, it would be of the intellectual level and I am not qualified to make any judgements on that which I know nothing of, unlike you.
AM2 wrote:But this is like chess or wei qi - you have to methodically cover certain positions swiftly and effectively before you can proceed.

This is nothing like chess, I asked a simple question and you complicate the crap out of it.

Answer what I asked or leave it alone, the choice is yours.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Griffin
Senior Officer

The Fairy-faith

Post by Griffin »

AM-

The wee folk and all -- aye, they be about, according to some.

As you probably know, Walter Evans-Wentz wrote an interesting book, The Fairy-faith in Celtic Countries. Not surprisingly, he wrote (or edited) several more about Tibetan Buddhism including The Tibetan Book of the Dead (or The After-Death Experiences on the Bardo Plane) and Tibetan Yoga and Secret Doctrines.

My late mentor's wife was a well known British psychic sensitive in her time, who was tested and acclaimed as a psychic diagnostician. She could "part the veil" and claimed to see these Otherworldly folks. While my mentor was still with me here, we discussed this in relation to UFOs and interdimensionality. My uncle, who was particularly taken with the Irish part of our family's heritage, had an interesting photographic experience during a visit to Ireland some years ago. Upon development, some photographs showed inexplicable vortexes like miniature tornadoes. He believed in the wee folk and all, and suspected this somehow was connected with them. He had an affinity, don't you see? The spot in Ireland which seemed most fay to me was an enchanting dell near Blarney Castle. It reminds me of another in Indio, on the old O-C Ranch grounds.

The Irish culture has kept the old faith at least somewhat intact, and it sometimes shows.

Many planes and mansions in the multiverse/universe.

What say you, Mr. Twigsnapper? Any experiences on the Old Sod yourself?

As ever, blarneying along,

Griffin
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Questions and Answers

Post by Paul S. »

Mikado14 wrote:A person who answers questions with questions deserves no attention for they have no answers.
Now, where would we all be if I'd treated Morgan with an attitude like that?

Remember, when Linda asked him "why do you answer every question with a question?" Morgan answered, "Do I do that?"

I think what I learned from Morgan is: It's not necessarily that a person doesn't have answers, so much as the person asking is not asking questions for the answers he does have.

The pronouns are a tad confusing but I trust you catch my drift here.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Energy, FTM, Tunneling Diodes, and other orthodontia

Post by FM No Static At All »

I probably misspelled orthodontia, but it has been a long time since that term was used in the old Dr. Dobb's Journal. Well back to the topics at hand now.

Energy: It can be neither created nor destroyed, only its form can be changed. Sir Isaac Newton was real close, but he didn't understand Creation, in its true sense of the word (or thought) which is to say that thought/word is energy that we all create, like it or not.

Henry Moray called it a "Sea of Energy" and Tesla called it "Cosmic Energy" and others have called it Zero Point Energy. But it all disappeared into oblivion with the publication of Einstein's General and Special Relativity Theories. From that time onward we have become fixated on some myth called the Big Bang Theory, which has spawned the String Theory, and which they have several of those as well.

To utilize aetheric energy, one will have to learn its frequency. Yes, Mr. Kevin B. is hitting on something with vibrations and feeling the energies resonating. Nikola Tesla got it and used it quite well thank you. J. P. Morgan squashed every attempt Tesla made to get his system up and running, because he (J. P. Morgan) knew that energy would be "free" to all that bought the "antenna" to capture it.

FTM and tunneling diodes must be used within the same context, basically because in order to achieve FTM one must also achieve FTL. Again, Tesla spoke of longitudinal waves that he claimed were superluminal, or FTL. For those who are so inclined to grasp a bit about what Dr. Brown was able to do, I would strongly suggest that you look beyond what is considered the state-of_the_art in quantum theory and look at Dr. Aspden's works very closely. He does mention concentric ringed capacitors, that when you look at them closely, you discover that they also exhibit an asymmetry as well. The triple electrode (or multiple electrodes)are most interesting in fact. I see a capacitor that is capable of "tunneling" energy be virtue of its very design.

When I look at much of Dr. Brown's work, especially his patents, I chuckle. Not because they are funny in themselves, but because I see how he worded them and how he was able to get them accepted by appeasing the reviewers who could not possibly have understood what he was really doing or talking about. Einstein did publish a unified theory, but I couldn't understand it if I studied it for another 50 years.

Electric as we know it and use it, is transverse waves. But longitudinal waves are much different. Are these the "scalar" waves that Dr. Brown and many others speak of? He also spoke of "sidereal radiation" and spent lots of time studying petro-voltaics. A while back the subject came up regarding the properties of tourmaline. Besides being very pricey, it's also very unique in that it supposedly exhibits electrical properties when under pressure (or heat?). Dr. Brown found the anomalous property of an "antigravity" effect of rocks when heated.

So we have an anomalous energy source in the cosmos, that can be tapped at the right frequency. And we have asymmetric capacitors that in addition to unequal electrodes, can also have varying dielectrics, which would mean their charge time would be different. Then we have antigravity effects of heated rocks. Oh yes, there is another strange fellow that I have not mentioned here. Edward Leedskanin who built Coral Castle, by himself using stones that were of several tons each. In reading some of his works (which are rare) he claimed to have discovered how the Pyramids were built using magnetics to defy gravity.

Oh and then there was Project Rainbow (commonly called the Philadelphia Experiment) where the USS Eldridge was supposedly outfitted with huge generators and coils which where tuned to bend light and radar waves, rendering the vessel invisible. Was Dr. Brown involved? Who cares? It sure does sound like the type of project that would have interested him, but at what level was his involvement and did it occur before or after he was discharged/resigned his commission?

Finally we have a "Guppy class" Submarine called the Cutlass, which not unlike Dr. Brown himself, also seems to have led a double (at least) life while commissioned for service in the United States Navy. Based at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard, during a time when Ms. Brown tells of work at Decker Labs in Bala Cynwyd, PA. Decker was a contractor for the government, and most of his works cannot be found online. And this was when Dr. Brown was working on the speaker/fan device, which as Morgan had quizzed about several years prior, could be used as a transceiver of sorts, that would be undetectable.

Now if I have left anything out here, it was intentional, and that my friends and fellow neophyte physicists is as far as I am willing to go, period. And I have no proof that any of this is true, and if I did I would not have even mentioned as much as I have. Oh yes, I did forget another interesting side note.

Ong's Hat, in the New Jersey Pine Barrens is another place where FTM is mentioned, or at least rumored to have occurred. For that unbelievable story or legend, I leave you to research it for yourselves. I only mentioned it at all because of its connection (alleged of course) with FTM.

Now, my dear pasta loving Mr. Mikado, I trust that based on your "belief" that FTM does not exist in the present, and since you stated that if it did not exist at all, then Paul is writing malarkey. But then again, there are too many indications of Dr. Brown knowing things many years before they occurred to think that he didn't have some method of seeing the future. Now I know you said seeing is not going, but there is the part about his rescue. And of course, his talk with Morgan about time travel. Is it all an Alice In Wonderland work of fiction?

I am sure that many of you are now scratching your heads wondering "What is this guy talking about?" Well, it's kind of like the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy in a way. It's akin to the Probability Drive. Everything is possible, only the probabilities may be less than great or more so.

Good night Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Mikado14 »

Paul S. wrote:
Mikado14 wrote:A person who answers questions with questions deserves no attention for they have no answers.
Now, where would we all be if I'd treated Morgan with an attitude like that?

Remember, when Linda asked him "why do you answer every question with a question?" Morgan answered, "Do I do that?"

I think what I learned from Morgan is: It's not necessarily that a person doesn't have answers, so much as the person asking is not asking questions for the answers he does have.

The pronouns are a tad confusing but I trust you catch my drift here.

--PS
First of all, I don't catch your drift for I am nothing more than a cranky old sonofabitch.

The attitude I have is applicable for it was a direct question. If you and I were standing and watching the sunset and I asked you what colors you saw, the answers I have received would be akin to you answering that it looks like the grass needs rain.

Your just pissed that you couldn't cogitate a direct question that Morgan could answer so it is easier to develop an axiom to fit the shortcomings.

Do all questions deserve answers? My response is yes, even if the answer is "I don't know". However, to answer by prattling on to another subject and then to refuse to answer shows arrogance and a total if not callous disrespect for the person asking the question.

And lastly, using Morgan as an example is a poor choice in that he could not answer certain questions directly but I would bet my first born, again, that he would if in confidence. Character judgement.

Mikado
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

DELETED
Last edited by AM2 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

AM2 wrote:What do you think will an Indian farmer, who has to drill deeper and deeper every year for water, who is indebted to some local thug and being showed Monsanto frankenseeds down his throat, do with a machine providing free and cheap energy? I'll tell you what he will do - he will drill even deeper for water, exhausting the aquifer even more and at a faster pace than he did previously. RESULT: Free electricity, but no water! Congratulations!
AM,

Free energy to desalinate ocean water; FTM to transport it inland.

Good and evil will still exist as it always has, though; but it will be well hydrated good and evil.

GV
Last edited by greggvizza on Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

DELETED
Last edited by AM2 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.