Epilogue: The Sound of Time

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Re: Epilogue: The Sound of Time

Post by Victoria Steele »

So disregard the last post from me! Nice to hear from you and of course I am happy to wait until your plane comes to a complete stop.

Poor Paul.!... in a story where things move at superluminal speeds it takes you the ordinary speed of light just to get to normal. Can't imagine why that would be hard!<g>

I do appreciate your help and guidence here though . Now more than ever I believe.

I think we have all learned how much energy is invested in this forum and how quickly we seem to skip stones across the water. Now we just need alot of help from you. What stones? What direction? How hard? and what about all those ripples? Who is watching the ripples?

Without your steady hand here we will just be a bunch of kids laughing and shouting and throwing rocks into a pond! Fun! But maybe not as prodcutive as we could be!

Welcome home! Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Tickle My Fig Leaf...

Post by Paul S. »

...and I'll follow you anywhere...
Victoria Steele wrote: Poor Paul.!... in a story where things move at superluminal speeds it takes you the ordinary speed of light just to get to normal. Can't imagine why that would be hard!<g>
Sounds like the scene in "Through The Looking Glass" where they have to run as fast as they can just to stay where they are, to get anywhere they have to run even faster.

But it's just so ...exciting... when you use words like "superluminal."
I think we have all learned how much energy is invested in this forum and how quickly we seem to skip stones across the water. Now we just need alot of help from you. What stones? What direction? How hard? and what about all those ripples? Who is watching the ripples?
I have a number of thoughts forming that will address those questions, some ideas how we can -- what's the term in Hollywood, "pull focus"? -- I should have some announcements/suggestions by the end of the week.

And like I said elsewhere, I think, "the book" -- all nearly 600 pages of it -- is on my desk again. I figure to open it with a red pen tomorrow.
Without your steady hand here we will just be a bunch of kids laughing and shouting and throwing rocks into a pond! Fun! But maybe not as prodcutive as we could be!
I appreciate the encouragement, will endeavor mightily to be worthy of your Faith.

Thanks,

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Post by Victoria Steele »

Damn, if I thought that you could be so pleased with a fancy word like superluminal I wouldn't have had to buy the strippers pole, whipped cream and fine chocolates.

Now that I have your attention <g>

Looking forward to the next round! Victoria
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Victoria Steele wrote:Damn, if I thought that you could be so pleased with a fancy word like superluminal I wouldn't have had to buy the strippers pole, whipped cream and fine chocolates.

Now that I have your attention <g>

Looking forward to the next round! Victoria
Victoria,

I think you have ALL our attentions now! :shock:
Good thing I was drinking coffee while I was reading this or I might have sprayed it all over my computer! LOL! :lol:

Be careful, Trickfox may put your face on the yellow (or red!) Telletubbie with a stripper's pole! LOL!!!! :wink:

MagicBill
(now wide awake!)

*******************edit*************************
Er, make that wasn't drinking coffee! That's what I meant...
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Post by Paul S. »

Mark Culpepper wrote:And the red pen in my hand is vibrating. Correction on " comprehensive" as you have mistyped it in your " Defying Gravity" section.

And though it is really none of my business , while I am at it I just have to log being just a tad uncomfortable with the phrase...................

"Defying Gravity is a biographical mystery that ponders the question “how come nobody has ever heard of T. Townsend Brown?”

Now, after you have finished the book with such a wonderful style, would you mind reading that section above again? Is that really the style that you want to use to introduce your wonderful work?
Mark, I posted reply of sorts to this suggestion over in the new "Second Draft" section:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=536
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer