What Should I Be Listening To?

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

And I see...

Post by Paul S. »

... I have quite a bit of catching up to do...
twigsnapper wrote:My only suggestion, as you near Key West.
I never made it anywhere near Key West.

Part of the purpose of this trip was to begin with no itinerary, and no set destination. But once I decided to go, I thought it would be purposeful to begin on the Natchez Trace Parkway -- a limited access, two-lane, 50mph-top speed road truly deserving of the word "parkway" that meanders from Nashville to the Mississippi River.

The first leg of the trip was about 200 miles to Tupelo, Mississippi -- Elvis's birthplace. That drive was SO sublime -- beautiful warm weather, windows and sunroof open and stereo blasting all the music suggested here... and NO TRAFFIC at ALL for 200+ miles! --that I decided to do the remaining 200 miles to Natchez, MS the next day.

Those two days were exactly what the doctor ordered for "decompression."

So instead of working my way into Florida, I wound up within shooting distance of New Orleans, and spent two nights there after spending a night at "Oak Alley Plantation" on the "Great River Road" in Louisiana.

Like I said, no itinerary, no predetermined destination, and that's the route I wound up on.

"For all the living legends I've had the pleasure to know. There's
still so much to be done."
That remains true, regardless which direction I went last week.

I can still add tunes to the playlist, all in all it's a pretty inspiring list.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer