NOTEPAD for RANDOM IDEAS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

just a simple message

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I just want to tell all of you that I hope this week is a comfortable happy time for you, filled with good food, good friends, close family and safe travel, if that is part of it all.

Just rereading the last few messages reminds me how very appreciative I am personally to find myself in the midst of so many talented and thoughtful people who seem so willing to explore these mysteries with Paul and me. Words can not describe how thankful I am to all of you. Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth helen drake,
I went to Kempton Park this morning, before the crack of dawn ( antiques fair there every fortnight ) thought of you, desert orchid.
http://www.famousracehorses.co.uk/dessi ... orchid.htm
kevin
fibonacci is king
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Disappearing Acts

Post by Paul S. »

I wish there was some way to know that there are message like this one; When I am either focused on the work in front of me -- or dealing with the daily distractions -- it doesn't occur to me that there might be a needed breadcrumb lying in the trail I'm not following at any particular moment...

But I do endeavor to stay posted.... so to speak...
twigsnapper wrote:You have been working on what Townsend Brown did precisely just after returning to Leesburg from the trip to Paris/London in March 1956.
There is some confusion about the dates and locations, if only because Linda does not recall being with her father for nearly a YEAR after he returned -- briefly -- from Europe to Montressor in the spring of 56.

But she also recalls sitting around the breakfast table naming NICAP, and that should have been in the summer (or thereabouts) of '56, since the papers were filed in October of that year.
You might carefully look at his journals and the thoughts that are written in them. Note that some entries are dated with " Leesburg Virginia", especially the Feb 1, 1957 posting. I personally can tell you that that particular post is an intentional misdirection . He hesitated .... wrote it under some duress .... He said eventually " Its where my heart is, its the truth," and carefully penned "Leesburg "........
"Under some duress" ?? I don't suppose I could get you to PM me with an elaboration of that?

I'll take another look at the notebooks as you suggest. I hadn't thought to include them in this next chapter (71) but it might be a good idea for a number of narrative reasons. They need to be a consistent presence in these chapters.
Those particular journals later in his life were stolen from him, copied, dispensed widely and then eventually the originals found their way back to the family who has them now safely in trust. During that " flight" into other hands the information of where he actually was when he penned those journal notes could not have been brought to public attention.
Stolen? That's a kind of accusatory word, don't you think? And I think people here have some idea who that accusation is directed at (but I don't like to speak the name...<g>)

That said, it would appear that there is little danger of "where he actually was" being revealed even now, since .... it's a bit of a mystery, still.

Dupont Circle? Florida already?
Makes not a whole lot of sense to others but perhaps you understand Paul
Well, I've long since accepted the paradox of understanding even when it "makes not a whole lot of sense."

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Trickfox
The Magician

Re: waiting for the answer

Post by Trickfox »

twigsnapper wrote: Can you imagine what it might have been like to wander the streets of dusty Ancient Athens, noting a not all that handsome of men, listening to him asking some pointed questions .... as in ...." what is right, what is wrong?" Shaking their heads perhaps in their knowledge that such questions in that age might make a difference eventually but would for Socrates would end up in a cup of poison . He was a threat to all that was at the time. So it is a cautious thing, this moving forward with perceptions. twigsnapper
Mr. T...... This was way too important for me not to try and understand completely.

What exactly are you pointing out here about Socrates. Are you saying that "wiser people knew"?

Trickfox
Griffin
Senior Officer

Socrates

Post by Griffin »

Socrates had a eudaimon or good spirit who he communed with, sometimes standing transfixed in one spot for a long time, oblivious to anything else but the high-level internal communication. His most influential teacher was Diotima of Mantinea, a woman who was obviously mantic and probably connected with an oracular shrine. There was a well known one, with the goddess prominently featured, at Mantinea in Arcadia. Remember the women.

According to tradition, Plato's students asked him as he neared his own death what they should study and do in his absence. His answer, echoing Socrates, was: "Practice Dying!" Socrates was certainly not afraid of dying nor, it seems, was his student Plato. What a great wisdom tradition they bequeathed to us. Plato and Socrates have been criticized for not being politically correct enough, in that Socrates favored an enlightened oligarchy as the highest governing body. He ranked democracy just above tyranny. But he was describing the conditions of the time, with the sophists or spin doctors advising the tyrants and the politicians of the so-called democracy on how to get power and hold it by whatever means necessary. It was the ruling members of the "democracy" of the time that condemned him to death by drinking hemlock for “corruptingâ€
Last edited by Griffin on Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Socrates

Post by Mikado14 »

[quote="Griffin"]Socrates had a eudaimon or good spirit who he communed with, sometimes standing transfixed in one spot for a long time, oblivious to anything else but the high-level internal communication. His most influential teacher was Diotima of Mantinea, a woman who was obviously mantic and probably connected with an oracular shrine. There was a well known one, with the goddess prominently featured, at Mantinea in Arcadia. Remember the women.

According to tradition, Plato's students asked him as he neared his own death what they should study and do in his absence. His answer, echoing Socrates, was: "Practice Dying!" Socrates was certainly not afraid of dying nor, it seems, was his student Plato. What a great wisdom tradition they bequeathed to us. Plato and Socrates have been criticized for not being liberal enough, in that Socrates favored an enlightened oligarchy as the highest governing body. He ranked democracy just above tyranny. But he was describing the conditions of the time, with the sophists or spin doctors advising the tyrants and the politicians of the so-called democracy on how to get power and hold it by whatever means necessary. It was the ruling members of the "democracy" of the time that condemned him to death by drinking hemlock for “corruptingâ€
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

in the only way

Post by twigsnapper »

Mikado and Trickfox,

In the only way I know how to send it guys.

twigsnapper
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

or earlier

Post by twigsnapper »

Paul, you questioned the dates:

"But she also recalls sitting around the breakfast table naming NICAP, and that should have been in the summer (or thereabouts) of '56, since the papers were filed in October of that year."

Why? ..." should have been summer of 1956"?

That he would have a conversation about naming an organization that he had been thinking about for quite some time? You assume he would name it the summer before its incorporated? Why that?

I would think that such a thing would have been on his mind about the same time that the " set" was returned , which would have made it BEFORE his trips to Europe.

Naming something is one thing, incorporating it another and this might just be an example of what was common with him . Long range planning. my two copper pennies worth.

Linda Brown has always had an outstanding memory. I would trust it in this case and look carefully at other information to the contrary . For what it might be worth. I add my voice to hers. She did not see her father from the day after his return from Paris ..... to the day she and her mother arrived in Umatilla Florida. A tough thing for a devoted little daughter to endure and it made an impression on her. twigsnapper
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

As I dont know what this thanksgiving means to you all, sounds very pagan to me?
Hope you all enjoy, just remember that everything bubbles up in one way or another, but in polygon shapes.
This is my idea of america.have a wingding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_uE40RTXwQ
Kevin
fibonacci is king
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Kevin...Thanksgiving is a holiday officially instituted by Abraham Lincoln in order for us too feast and give thanks for our blessings. The legend is that the Pilgrims who came to Plymouth Massachusettes from England on the Mayflower in the early 17th century began the custom with community feasts which also included native American guests who brought foods that they had hunted and grown.

Actually, such feasts were begun about 60 years earlier between Spanish explorers/settlers and the natives in St. Augustine Florida. Today most people eat too much turkey dinner and then sit around and complain about how uncomfortable they are the rest of the day while they drink beers and watch football on the TV. Tomorrow the womenfolk go out and shop. A very American holiday. Overindulgence of almost every type is condoned, practiced, and forgiven.

Today I cooked dinner and had my mum over to share it, then we watched a film, TUCKER, and ate our pumpkin pie and had decaf coffee.

Cheers mate !

flow.... :)
Last edited by flowperson on Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dancing is better than marching
Trickfox
The Magician

FOR ALL OF YOU

Post by Trickfox »

WARNING: the next post bifurcates to "lifters in a VACUMM"
viewtopic.php?p=10640#10640
Last edited by Trickfox on Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Barrett

re repost

Post by James Barrett »

Thank you Trickfox. You have restorecd my sanity.I KNEW I had seen that post and I wanted to comment on something else I had seen there but then I lost my place. really.

This is the part:

This high voltage discharge fired through the central column was then routed back to be stored on each individual cap section again, this time in parallel with each section carrying the new "higher" voltage than it started with. The sections were then discharged in series again starting the whole cycle over again, firing again and again, in each cycle reaching progressively higher voltages.

And I thought of what Paul most recently wrote about the " discharges" for the French experiments in a vacuum for Dr. Brown and I wondered here if we are possibly talk about the same thing? Lit up the room Dr. Brown said. Would have had me under a table, I think! JDB
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Whilst you have all vanished, perhaps you should remember that all civilizations have, so I have been looking back, to view the future.
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... 1041698993

The future?
http://freedomvideo.org/blog/?p=434
Alice is in the second clip
kevin
fibonacci is king
wdavidb
Junior Birdman

Re: Nassim Video

Post by wdavidb »

[quote="greggvizza"]Flow,

I just finished watching the entire 1:24:27 Nassim video. I didn’t really have the kind of spare time to devote to it, but once I started watching I couldn’t stop. It is refreshing to hear someone presenting ideas like this in a somewhat professional setting; funded and everything. I am used to hearing these types of ideas presented only on fringe internet forums.

In the video, Nassim made a statement that we are living in a black hole, which struck a chord with me.

I had a very strange moment on 03/20/02 that caused me to start a journal. For lack of a better term, it was an epiphany moment, when in a single instant, things became hyper clear. This clarity lingered for about 6 months, over which time it faded out in an exponential fashion, where the rate of decrease was very slight for the first month, just slightly faster the second month, but by the end of 6 months I was pretty much back to regular uninspired daily life. Why I bring this up is that in my 8th journal entry, dated 08/15/02, I wrote that all matter is essentially a black hole swallowing space-time. The amount of mass determines the amount of space-time that is swallowed and therefore the intensity of the black hole. In objects of low mass the flow is so slight as to appear unnoticeable but it is the exact same flow as in a classic black hole in outer space. This flow is what I considered gravity to be. The more mass, the greater it’s appetite for aether. The greater the aether flow, the greater the gravity.

What seemed to have triggered all of this was when I read a statement made by Hal Putoff where he explained that “as electrons radiate away their orbital energies, the vast zero-point energy of the vacuum responds by re-supplying all the atoms of the universe with a stabilizing, compensatory amount of energy, thereby sustaining the electrons’ orbits, and preventing them from spiraling in on their nuclei. In this cosmological feedback system, the zero-point-energy maintains the very existence of matterâ€
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Nassim Video

Post by Mikado14 »

wdavidb wrote: [
Atoms do not radiate their energy away.....the energy of an atom always remains focused to the core of the nucleus.

There is radiant resistance but no radiant energy, two different things.

The energy of an electron is focused inward and not outward, therefore no energy is radiated or lost...........the dynamics of nature are efficient whereby no energy is wasted.
Hello David, long time no see! Hope you are well...in a way, I have missed our "point - counterpoint" discussions.

Could you please go into more detail on what "radiant resistance" would be?

One thing I do agree with what you say is that the "dynamics of nature" will always seek equilibrium.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy