Primer (movie)

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
paltry

Primer (movie)

Post by paltry »

Has anyone seen the excellent sci-fi movie Primer?
http://www.primermovie.com

I was really impressed by it, and reading this forum, it was brought to mind again when someone pointed out the apparently necessary link between control over gravitation and control over time.

I am not aware of any direct influence, but early in the movie, the characters are developing a generator for some field that decreases the effect of gravity by about 10%. This shortly leads to a time-altering effect, pretty familiar-sounding, huh?

Anyway, it is a really well-done fictional story about the topics discussed here.
Trickfox
The Magician

hiccup

Post by Trickfox »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CC60HJvZRE

I know we should have paid attention to this a longtime ago Thanks.
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

can I get through?

Post by Victoria Steele »

This is just a test. I have written countless messages but been unable to post them and I am totally puzzled by this and now getting mad. so .... here is again my attempt. Lets see what happens this time?

well.... edit, edit, edit .... I don't know why but I guess I am back on.

So reverting to type and adding to my rather upset personal Email I just sent you Paul. Hey, if you don't want my THURSDAY/ THURSDAY messages just tell me that I am distracting you and I will go find wherever grinder has gone. Victoria
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Victoria = "Can you hear me now?"

Yes Red, and don't go away. We talking food....Italian food.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Iguess so if you are reading this

Post by Victoria Steele »

I guess all is well with me if you are reading this. ( I agree, nobody sexier than a man who can cook!)

The thing about giving Paul the " short and more direct version" of these forum conversations is that he misses that special something that has been blowing through each one of us ... tempting us to interconnect in such odd ways. Sometimes copper coins, sometimes pasta sometimes the silica under the town of Leesburg...

Paul, I really think that you will miss something if you don't read everything that has been offered up in thought and written but maybe its right that it does make your eyes glaze over and maybe its just for us and not for you anyway. so there. so have your Readers Digest condensed version. We will alert you when you need to see something? huh?

Other than that. We have made up. Victoria
Trickfox
The Magician

Cheap Movie

Post by Trickfox »

Hey Mikado

this movie (Primer) sells for less than $10.00 in the States, but I don't have credit cards and there are NO ENGLISH MOVIES in Québec city, much less movies that cost only $7000.00 to make.

This fella "Carruso" sounds a bit like me and a few other time travel proponents. This is from what I read about the movie PRIMER and seen in the trailers. We have been pointed to this film long ago by the senior birds here. I've been asleep at the wheel!!!

I have the Three DVD movie on "What The Bleep" which I think you would love anyway.... Tell ya what!!!!......

If you buy the movie "Primer" watch it then send it to me, -I'll send you the "what the bleep" DVD so that you can see those three DVD interviews with all the Scientist. I also have the complete series "The Mechanical Universe" which is absolutely "NOT TO BE MISSED" as an excellent multimedia carnucopia of basic scientific knowledge from Newton to Einstein. Along with the Eams film "Powers of Ten" -these videos are the absolute most fascinating stuff I've ever seen on basic science all the way through to Quantum Electrodynamics.

Both You and Gregg would definately enjoy watching this stuff and I'm willing to share with you guys. This goes for anyone else not wearing a mask at the moment. You know who you are so PM me if you want to share these because they are not YOUTUBES.... They are very expensive proffesional productions.

Trickfox
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Nonfiction science documentary on fractals

Post by greggvizza »

Trickfox,

I have one for you too. One of my favorites in the nonfiction science category is a documentary hosted by Authur C Clark with film score by David Gilmore (guitarist for Pink Floyd (there’s that reoccurring flying pig theme again)). The show is titled Fractals The Colors Of Infinity. They interview Mandelbrot and about 5 other scientists and mathematicians, but the essence of what you get after watching it is that all of material reality may possibly be defined by a single simple recursive function.

I will send it to you and anyone else that wants it.

GV
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: Iguess so if you are reading this

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote:Paul, I really think that you will miss something if you don't read everything that has been offered up in thought and written but maybe its right that it does make your eyes glaze over and maybe its just for us and not for you anyway. so there. so have your Readers Digest condensed version. We will alert you when you need to see something? huh?
Oh, I don't doubt that there are lots of subtle points that can only be gleaned by reading the originals. And I will indeed try to do that as time allows. Right now, ohmigod, I've missed countless Thursdays already and yikes here comes another one. So I was just suggesting a stop-gap measure kinda thing, until my "bandwidth" clears up, you know.

Now I think I've finally got an idea how to approach the next chapter, so I best get on with it, don't you think?

Glad to hear we've made up, but it was sorta anti-climactic for me... :(

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

from what I have gathered

Post by twigsnapper »

Paul,

From what I have gathered .... you are off on the right foot.

You are truly moving into the area now of the copper coins. If you toss them out there they will respond back. Happening already.

And as for your story and Sallyforth etc. The fascinating question will always. for years anyway ... be .... "what could possibly have been so important?"

Remember that this is an age when the intelligence factors of both the United States and England were riddled with Soviet spies and the most important thing going was to identify them and take them out and keep your own communications safe. It was a very dangerous age.

What would Townsend Brown be doing then, besides his own propulsion work?

He had the set. What would he have been doing with it? And you are right to think that some of this was a "pure Caroline" operation because absolutely no one else could be trusted. twigsnapper