Somebody say " Bismuth" ?

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Somebody say " Bismuth" ?

Post by Linda Brown »

Any comments?

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 072508.php

Over a decade ago, theoretical physicists supported by NSF studied electrons confined to artificial layered structures made of semiconductors--the stuff of which transistors are made of. They predicted that new kinds of electronic matter governed by the rules of quantum mechanics would emerge from the electrons in different layers coordinating their motions. Scientists hypothesized that bismuth crystals should also exhibit analogous electronic states.

The Princeton group, led by physics professor N. Phuan Ong, fixed a crystal of bismuth onto a flexing beam, or cantilever, and then placed this apparatus in a high magnetic field created at the NSF National High Magnetic Field Laboratory, which can generate magnetic fields that are more than a million times stronger than the earth's faint magnetic field------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"With this work, the theory of electrodynamics suggests a rich landscape of electronic states of semiconductors, and the Princeton researchers are continuing their adventure. Someday, these newly discovered electronic states of matter may enable powerful new electronic devices that exploit the principles of quantum mechanics to compute and communicate. For now we can marvel at the subtle beauty of nature that lives in a universe of electrons that lies beneath the shiny skin of a metal crystal.

Besides writing something very interesting the fellow is practically a poet
Any comments Andrew?

Linda
Griffin
Senior Officer

Re: Somebody say " Bismuth" ?

Post by Griffin »

Yes, Linda-

"Somebody" did say Bismuth -- to both of us. Perhaps another cosmic ha-ha. I'll have to think about how to comment further. It's complicated but related.

Griffin
arc
Junior Birdman

Post by arc »

Did somebody mention another tray of lasagna, is dinner ready?.
arc
I do not believe our destiny lays beneath our feet... it lays beneath the stars
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Arc and Griffin,

All of this talk of food. A tasty dish indeed.

Switching subjects suddenly

and remembering what Paul mentioned about having lots of straw about making his looking for needles in the middle of all those piles, so much more difficult, that he didn't need more straw ... he was looking for needles.

If I am going to let myself get stuck in that language I would remind you Paul that there was a time very early in this project when you looked for straw. Remember? Thats when you complained about not having enough material to make this book hold together. And your mental image was that you were trying to make adobe bricks and the process of mixing the straw and the mud was vital to you. You were concerned about having enough hay to throw in there to make the building blocks strong enough to survive. You wanted work that would stand. You recognized how important that straw was.

Now,,,, mountains of straw show up for the addition to the building that you have nearly completed and you are impatient because you are so nearly finished that you want the finer points now and not the building blocks. I totally understand that. I have been there with you.

So I hope my observation and advice here will be taken well/

Just initial the delivery ticket with some sort of composure ( even though you will be wondering where in the hell to put all of this). Do you see that you have missed the point?

You have said that you check into these forum notes for" clarification." OK. Here is my input.

This is the delivery of straw for a future projects. Don't despair over it or fuss about it ... thats not going to stop the darned deliveries! Just store it away so it will be there when you need it. The magic trucks that are carrying this too you don't care about your inability at the moment to utilize that straw. They are just putting it at your feet.

Thats what you asked for so long ago and that process is still ongoing.

It might be that you will decided not to build another structure but at least some others will know where the hay is stacked. <g>

Linda

htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Linda,

This is quite amazing. Do we have any information if Dr. Brown was working with bismuth? Did your father work along these same lines 40 or so years ago? I was especially interested in the communication part. But the photo was interesting enough:
But clicking on the photo was even more interesting:
http://www.eurekalert.org/multimedia/pub/9265.php?from=118833 wrote:Caption: This torque cantilever is used to measure magnetic property of bismuth in intense magnetic fields. The bismuth crystal (5.6 mm tall vertical pillar) is glued to the end of a thin cantilever beam made of gold. Deflections of the cantilever in a field are detected by measuring changes in capacitance.
Linda, your dad was doing this with the petrovoltaics and the capacitors he was working with. Even the fan and loudspeaker he was working on were types of capacitors with a wire type mesh. And these he morphed into the electrostatic precipitator. When I did more digging on the site you linked to, I found this:
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2001-06/ou-edt062501.php wrote: The equipment – called the membrane electrostatic precipitator – not only could help coal, steel, paper and other industries meet forthcoming U.S. Environmental Protection Agency emissions regulations, but could make high-sulfur Ohio coal a more viable energy source for the nation's power plants, said Hajrudin Pasic (pronounced "Hi-roo-DEEN PAH-sik"), professor of mechanical engineering and lead researcher on the project.

Pasic and other engineering researchers in the Russ College of Engineering and Technology developed the new technology, a more efficient version of an electrostatic precipitator device that's been in use for about 100 years. Their design, which recently received a U.S. patent, uses 1 to 3 millimeter-thick membranes woven from carbon, silicon and similar fiber-based materials to capture fine air pollutants and toxic heavy metals. This is an improvement over the conventional models, which use heavy, expensive steel plates to attract dust particles, Pasic said.

Once again, we see Dr. Brown's fingerprints of his initial technology on both of these articles. Amazing and exciting!

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Thank you for finding that Magic Bill.

Probably the easiest answer to the " Bismuth and Townsend Brown connection" would be to google it on our own site and see what the forum has already said. If that doesn't work .... shake Andrews tree! <g> Linda
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Long paper here but VERY interesting maybe for those who are equating Bismuth and Townsend Browns work. Of course they even mention " Flying Saucers " and the Roswell crash.

http://www.pararesearchers.org/UFOs/ufoa/ufoa.html

And you will note that Dr. Brown is prominently mentioned.

And Linda. Your control is admirable. Does not supprise me. I have seen you ride. It takes a cool head and kind hands to get a half a ton plus horse with a mind of its own to go where you want it to. And when he is having a good time doing it ..... thats the mark of someone special.

And I repeat. Do you never sleep? I have been watching your posts lately. You would have had to post at 3am aproximately. Unless of course you are in my own backyard. That would be wonderful. Say hello to Leesburg if thats the case! MarkC
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Linda,

I'm up, I'm up ! No need to shake my tree :) Here are a few off the cuff characteristics that make bismuth an interesting material:

1) Highest diamagnetism of all metals. A good definition from Wikipedia:
Diamagnetism is the property of an object which causes it to create a magnetic field in opposition of an externally applied magnetic field, thus causing a repulsive effect. It is a form of magnetism that is only exhibited by a substance in the presence of an externally applied magnetic field.
Also,
Diamagnetic materials have a relative magnetic permeability that is less than 1, thus a magnetic susceptibility which is less than 0, and are therefore repelled by magnetic fields. The most strongly diamagnetic material is bismuth = −1.66×10−4.

Superconductors may be considered to be perfect diamagnets ( = −1), since they expel all fields from their interior due to the Meissner effect.
2) Lowest thermal conductivity of all metals (sans mercury),

3) Very low melting point (271.3 Celsius), and is used in fire alarms / sprinkler systems,

4) High electrical resistance (resistance to flow of electrons),

5) Highest Hall effect of any metal (increase in electrical resistance when placed in a magnetic field),

6) A density (9.78 g/cc) comparable to lead (11.34 g/cc), and is used as a substitute for lead in many products,

7) Slightly radioactive,

8) A relatively low toxicity, and last but not least,

9) When deposited in thin layers, it acts as a semiconductor rather then a metal.

However, it dissolves in concentrated nitric air (a side effect of high voltage arcing), so an alloy might be more appropriate.

EDIT: Looks like I wasn't quite fast enough to edit in my listing numbers there...
Last edited by Chris Knight on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

htmagic wrote:
http://www.eurekalert.org/multimedia/pub/9265.php?from=118833 wrote:Caption: This torque cantilever is used to measure magnetic property of bismuth in intense magnetic fields. The bismuth crystal (5.6 mm tall vertical pillar) is glued to the end of a thin cantilever beam made of gold. Deflections of the cantilever in a field are detected by measuring changes in capacitance.
Linda, your dad was doing this with the petrovoltaics and the capacitors he was working with. Even the fan and loudspeaker he was working on were types of capacitors with a wire type mesh. And these he morphed into the electrostatic precipitator
I am not so sure the word capacitance is being referred to with respect to anything other than a means of measuring very minute movement. They could have used laser interferometry as another means.
Just to let you know how fine of a movement that can be detected using capacitance, most high quality studio microphones use the same capacitor style pickup technique. In a capacitor microphone a gold sputtered Mylar diaphragm is used as one side of a capacitor. Now think of the amount of movement this diaphragm would exhibit as a result of a longitudinal shock wave in air created by dropping a pin on the floor. That is the extreme sensitivity of the capacitor method for detecting extremely minute movement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microphone ... icrophones

GV
Last edited by greggvizza on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

And you see, we must be in the right place ....

"VThere are also other methods of ethereal matter wave pitch distortion, such as the high voltage capacitive fields developed by Townsend Brown (which possibly use similar techniques to those described below -- who knows, though? We have no access to Brown's research data"

They don't but this Forum sure the heck does! Thanks Andrew and Linda .... my utmost respect.

Just putting one more bead on the string..... with all the others! MarkC
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Bismuth Trivia

Post by greggvizza »

Did you know that the "Bism" in Pepto-Bismol stands for bismuth? Bismuth is the active ingredient in Pepto-Bismol. That must be what gives it that yummy flavor.

Wonder what it would do to my mu if i drank a whole bottle.

GV
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Had to look up what pepto-bismol is,
http://www.pepto-bismol.com/

I wouldn't be too fast drinking this stuff.

Bismuth , What if it diverts something that Dr Brown was recording, his sidereal radiation?
What if that radiation is that which creates the force called gravity?
I have felt uplifted in certain points in cornwall, copper belt land, quartz land.

kevin
fibonacci is king
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Linda Brown wrote:Thank you for finding that Magic Bill.

Probably the easiest answer to the " Bismuth and Townsend Brown connection" would be to google it on our own site and see what the forum has already said. If that doesn't work .... shake Andrews tree! <g> Linda
Linda,

I did exactly that, and you were right, it was there. And posted by Elizabeth Helen Drake (EHD).
https://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 873&#p2873

And if you go to the post above this post, also by EHD, you will see this link and this statement in that link:
http://www.presidentialufo.com/gravity_day.htm wrote:The paper on “The Possibility of Producing Changes in the gravitational Mass of Certain Substances” by Joel E. Fisher, was an excellent report of a series of experiments which he had conducted. It was reported that Bismith, and also several other substances, appeared to gain or lose weight according to their magnetic history. The reported changes of weights were small but quite in the range of the analytical balance, which was used to weigh the samples. Mr. Fisher also reported that he felt that the earlier report of gravitational changes due to magnetic fields was due to vibration affecting the gravimeter.
Then looking on eBay, I ran across this:
eBay Item: 230302412988 wrote:This auction is for one 1/4" rod of very pure 99.99% industrial grade bismuth that is 4" long and has a mass of about 31 grams. One of bismuth's most unique properties is that along with graphite, it is the most diamagnetic material. A diamagnetic material is always repelled by a magnetic field no matter what the polarity of the field. This can be demonstrated by suspending a bar of bismuth on a string. It will point east and west because it repels the north and south magnetic poles of the earth. Sort of an un-compass (probably the type used by the March Hare). A suspended rod is easily repelled by a NdFeB magnet when the magnet is brought near the end of the suspended rod. NdFeB - neodymium rare earth magnets are now very cheap and there are several eBay auctions and web sites selling them. When suspending the rod, use a fine thread and allow it to unwind when the rod is first suspended. Keep the rod away from other magnetic influences such as large steel items and out of drafts. This rod is cast and there are numerous small surface wrinkles as can be seen in the scan of a similar rod. The internal structure of the rod is crystaline and the rod will not bend but rather break if subjected to uneven pressure such as from being dropped. It is shipped in a protective wooden tube.
I thought the March Hare was especially interesting. Maybe I should put this on the skin of a craft, charge it up with high voltage, and have a grinning Cheshire cat as a logo...

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

kevin.b wrote:Had to look up what pepto-bismol is,
http://www.pepto-bismol.com/

I wouldn't be too fast drinking this stuff.

Bismuth , What if it diverts something that Dr Brown was recording, his sidereal radiation?
What if that radiation is that which creates the force called gravity?
I have felt uplifted in certain points in cornwall, copper belt land, quartz land.

kevin
One teaspoon of this magic pink pink liquid and you will never dowse again; you’ll be permanently mu metal shielded. And if you ever need an MRI scan, the technicians may find you levitating in the center of the tube.

Not trying to invoke fear of Pepto-Bismol or anything. Peptobismophobia?

GV
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

I have a fear of anything that shade of pink to start with. Why I am looking sideways at some of those fancy clothes on Sarah Palin. And you have to be very careful of those ladies in those pink cadillacs too.

But March Hare? thats just ODD. MarkC