PROJECT:PEGASUS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Re: PROJECT:PEGASUS

Post by greggvizza »

Mark,

I think now that your thread has had an official culinary discussion, it has now exhausted all tangents. We can now start to rebuild this thread on topic. You can come back now, it appears to be safe. Look at all the tasty dielectric posts, all on topic.

GV
MARK MOODY
Space Cadet

Post by MARK MOODY »

Imagine for a moment if you will.
Someone, somewhere, working in a non-funded enviroment creates a device capable of levitation and horizontal flight.
This device, 1-3 feet in diameter, is powered by 50,000 volts.
Weighing about 1 pound, it is discovered that 50kv is the required amount to make this size & weight device perform.
This device can work either with or without barium titanate as a dielectric.
Now, based upon the performance of this device, it is reasoned that about 10 million volts would be required to lift a 200 pound man.
What would be the next step for this person to attempt to acquire funding for a man size device?
Ten million volts. Where would it come from?
Remember, this is just the power required to lift 200 pounds.
This does not include the added weight of the device itself.
Again, where would such power come from?
Now imagine another person, somewhere else in the world, completely unaware of this first persons work.
This second person does the exact same thing, except his device does not require 50,000 volts for lift.
Instead, this person creates a "2-stage" device, ala Mr. Brown.
Stage-1 utilizes either a flame-jet or some other means for lift.
Once airborne, stage- 2 is turned on creating horizontal motion.
Stage-2 is strictly electrical, ala Mr. Brown.
Which one of these gentlemen would have a better chance at seeing funding acquired?
X-prize contests offer rewards substantial enough to continue the work.
Mr. Brown designed a 2-stage device.
A 30 foot diameter disk, operating at 10 million volts, even with a dielectric, surely would have its disadvantages.
Especially in the area of production costs.
Even Mr. Richard Branson or Mr. Elon Musk may hesitate to fund such a device.
Food for thought this new year.
I wish you all good times and good health.
My financial situation is improving.
I'm no longer facing foreclosure, having settled for a short sale and since moved to a new home.
Oh yea, I'll be 45 this month :shock:
With that in mind, I just thought I would do a little reflecting and share something to contemplate.
MM
MARK MOODY
Space Cadet

MORE CONTEMPLATION

Post by MARK MOODY »

1. "Electrostatic Levitation Of A Dipole" by David J. Griffiths.
2. US Patent # 7,235,945.
3. Mel Winfield's website.
4. Popular Science, Feb-2008, page-62 (applicable to pegasus?)
5. http://www.theavalonfoundation.org/docs/hemiscap.html (website updated with alot of new things)
6. Channel Industries, Inc. (barium titanate)
7. http://www.ogilumen.com/nixie-tube-powe ... -p-91.html ( usable?)
8. http://www.vishay.com (cera-mite capacitors) usable?
MM
MARK MOODY
Space Cadet

FLAME JET ALTERNATIVE

Post by MARK MOODY »

Here is a possible alternative to building a small flame jet generator based upon Mr.Brown's patent.
RC jet aircraft use miniature fuel turbines.
Some of these turbines emit flames.
Prices vary based upon sizes.
Perhaps these could be used somehow?
RC aircraft magazines are readily available at most book stores.
Check this one out: www.modelflight.com.au/jet_turbine_rc.htm
MM
MARK MOODY
Space Cadet

POSSIBLE VERIFICATION?

Post by MARK MOODY »

Here's an idea that just blew in.
If a disk is immobilized and charged with varying voltage and or current,
would one be able to test for radar stealth or other things if the voltage was turned up high enough?
Arcing prevented of course.
MM
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: POSSIBLE VERIFICATION?

Post by Mikado14 »

MARK MOODY wrote:Here's an idea that just blew in.
If a disk is immobilized and charged with varying voltage and or current,
would one be able to test for radar stealth or other things if the voltage was turned up high enough?
Arcing prevented of course.
MM
Yes

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
MARK MOODY
Space Cadet

NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS?

Post by MARK MOODY »

Would I be correct to, uh hum... assume,
that since no one has responded to my top 3 posts, that this is good news that I may be correct and everyone has read the top 3 posts?
MM
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS?

Post by Mikado14 »

MARK MOODY wrote:Would I be correct to, uh hum... assume,
that since no one has responded to my top 3 posts, that this is good news that I may be correct and everyone has read the top 3 posts?
MM
Hello Mr. MOODY,

Your first post I didn't see the need to comment upon since it was titled "MORE CONTEMPLATION".

Your second post involving the jet turbine, my only comment would be that it probably could make a small generator but without knowing a bit more I would venture to say that you should not be expecting to get "millions of volts" out of it. Therefore, do you really wish to spend that kind of money? I see where you are headed and that would be a source of developing HV without tethers so as to build a remote control lifter etc.

Your third post I commented on.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

Hi Mark,
Again, welcome back.
This link you provided is very good. I do see numerous ideas here that I have
considered myself.

http://www.theavalonfoundation.org/docs/hemiscap.html

The idea of a hemispherical lense with the configuration that was used is very interesting
and their results are revealing.
The sphere is something that I have thought about too, and their results are impressive.

Experiments with Silver-ball2 are ongoing. One of the unexpected and startling results observed with this unit has been that leaving the geometry as a near spherical capacitor actually produces enhanced weight loss results over the hemispherical configuration, and seems to make the effect immune to orientation. At 10 kVDC applied, with inside + with respect to the grounded outer surface, we observe a very consistent 130mg weight loss, for a total weight of 322 grams. Peeling back the inner and outer layers of foil to make a hemispherical capacitor reduced the weight loss effect to around 70 mg at 10kV. We are currently attempting to reconcile this observation with the 1st order description of the McMaster space flow model. Another interesting feature of this device (not observed previously) is that reversing polarity, in other words making the inner surface (-) with respect to positive ground on the outer, actually nearly doubles the weight loss effect, producing up to -260mg of change.

Immune to orientation...reminds me of something Mikado said a while back...and it makes prefect
sense.

From your link:

Another interesting design consisted of a small conical geometry. We removed the stem from a 2" diameter pyrex funnel, and sealed a small brass ball electrode into the open tip. The cone was then packed with -325mesh (powdered) lead zirconate titanate, and the open end was then sealed with a pyrex watch glass painted on the convex with graphite paint, for a wide end electrode

The use of conical geometry and powdered zirconate titanate is also an interesting approach.
I saw an example of a gravitator being constructed out of terra-cotta tiles, and wondered
if one could use terra-cotta clay, mixed with barium titanate, and then fired, to create custom, shaped
dielectric masses. You could even vary the geometry and density of barium titanate from one end to the other,
creating one end with a lower K value and mass than the other end, like a cone or wedge...triangle..
pyramid.

That would be a variation on this:
http://www.geocities.com/warpcore91/Capunit.JPG

I took a course in ceramics years ago, and wondered how such a material
would perform.

More from the same organization...good stuff.

http://www.maltby.org/mcmastergravity/r ... emisup.htm

skyfish
MARK MOODY
Space Cadet

Post by MARK MOODY »

Mikado,
Thanks for the response.
I value your opinions.

Skyfish,
Thanks for the info.
I was privy at one time to all you said, just lost one part of the info update.
Thanks for bringing it back to me.
MM