Hidden but why

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: Hidden but why

Post by Langley »

htmagic wrote:Langley,

Good find! The hounds are on the trail again.

I went to the DOE site here:
https://www.osti.gov/opennet/index.jsp
At the top of the page is a search box and Langley was right, 2 documents. One is 76 Meg- ANNUAL REPORT TO CONGRESS OF THE ATOMIC ENERGY COMMISSION FOR 1959 - 1961.
http://www.osti.gov/opennet/servlets/pu ... 360399.pdf

STANFORD SYNCHRONTRON RADIATION LABORATORY ACTIVITY REPORT FOR 1988 - Only 9 Meg
http://www.osti.gov/opennet/servlets/pu ... 290042.pdf

Enjoy!

MagicBill
*** edit ***

Just noticed B. Shank was in the 76 Meg document twice. One was Vegetation Studies Related to Disposal of Radioactive Wastes.
Thanks for doing that Bill.

Im totally behind the eight ball here, have gotten so far behind. Anyhow.

RAND | Research Memoranda | The Fission-Electric Cell Project
...of the results of the Fission-Electric Cell Project...development. It concludes that the fission-electric reactor study...serious consideration of the old concept of an electrostatic...Research ? Buy This Product! Paperback Cover Price...
http://www.rand.org/pubs/research_memoranda/RM3908/

Hoping thatll be a live link. Its from DTIC

Anyhow, I have concluded that studies of the uptake and metabolism of the fission products by plants might have been one undertaking of Brown and Shank. Who were both in the loop. Now certain Hawks were very pro nuke and even though it might be contended that nukes are over unity devices and certainly at the fundamental level, electrostatic in their effect, nukes sat over everything. Even superior technology. For what its worth.
The rap on that RAND booklet says:

The Fission-Electric Cell Project
Cover Image

By: George M. Safonov

A presentation of the results of the Fission-Electric Cell Project, a research and development effort aimed at converting atomic energy directly into electrical energy. The project emerged from theoretical studies initiated at Rand under contract with the Air Force. The report indicates that the theoretical and experimental findings of Rand have been confirmed by other researchers who have joined in the pursuit of the fragment-electricity concept, and that events since 1956 reveal a gently progressing advance of the concept's development. It concludes that the fission-electric reactor study has turned up enough information to reestablish motivation for a serious consideration of the old concept of an electrostatic generator.

Ive never pictured Brown, or Tesla or Jefmenko as old. I guess they are though.
The myth of progress.
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Langley,

This is an interesting view:
"The report indicates that the theoretical and experimental findings of Rand have been confirmed by other researchers who have joined in the pursuit of the fragment-electricity concept, and that events since 1956 reveal a gently progressing advance of the concept's development. It concludes that the fission-electric reactor study has turned up enough information to reestablish motivation for a serious consideration of the old concept of an electrostatic generator.

EVENTS SINCE 1956 REVEAL A GENTLY PROGRESSING ADVANCE ......CONCLUDES FISSION-ELECTRIC REACTOR STUDY ....REESTABLISH MOTIVATION FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION ......

Somehow that sets off little bells to me. I especially like the words chosen " gently progressing".... is that the same as " bubbles coming to the surface?" <g> Linda
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Langley,

This IS interesting. I read your post but then after Linda's comment, I looked at it again. When I originally saw the word 'electrostatic' I thought, Oh, it's the Farnsworth fusor. But your post talks about fission, not fusion.

Langley, the link you posted works fine. But when I dug deeper into the DTIC site and searched under "The Fission-Electric Cell Project", this popped up to the top:
http://www.dtic.mil/srch/doc?collection=1EDA8F23681120DB&id=AD0405535 wrote:Title:
SATELLITE PLASMA SHEATH ANOMALIES,

Corporate Author:
MARYLAND UNIV COLLEGE PARK

Personal Author(s):
Singer, S Fred
Sargent, Keith N
Bettinger, Richard T
Walker, E H

Organization Type:
0 - PUBLIC/STATE ACADEMIC EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
Report Number(s):

Descriptors:
ARTIFICIAL SATELLITES, ZARTIFICIAL SATELLITESZ, DETECTION, ZDETECTIONZ, COMPRESSIVE PROPERTIES, ZCOMPRESSIVE PROPERTIESZ, SPACECRAFT, ZSPACECRAFTZ, RADIO WAVES, ZRADIO WAVESZ, BOUNDARY LAYER, ZBOUNDARY LAYERZ, ELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATION, ZELECTROMAGNETIC RADIATIONZ, WAKE, ZWAKEZ

Identifiers:
WEST FORD PROJECT

Abstract:
Contents: Experimental Studies of the Kraus Effect Plasma Sheath and Screening around a Rapidly Moving Body Plasma Compression EEffects Produced by Space Vehicles in a Magnetic Ionic Medium Reflection of Radio Waves Incident to Boundary Surfaces with Application to the Theory of the Kraus Effect Interaction of West Ford Needles with Earth's Magnetosphere The Generation of Electromagnetic Waves in the Wake of a Satellite.

<SNIP>

Distribution Statement:
Repri-rom Electro-Jet Corp., Washington, D. C., Final rept., under Contract NObsr84714.

Citation Updated:
23 Dec 2005
Now I couldn't find any document on SATELLITE PLASMA SHEATH ANOMALIES, although it is supposedly available for public release.

Plasma, satellites? Hmmmm, this sure sounds like something Dr. Brown might be involved in. Now the late 1950s and early 1960s much work was done in rocketry. And we know around this time, Dr. Brown may have been involved in the GRAB satellite. As a vehicle re entered the atmosphere, the heat from re entry causes a plasma cloud to form around the vehicle, effectively acting as a plasma shield to block radio waves. During re entry, the Apollo astronauts had a period of silence when radio communications were absent because of this effect.

Now I did a DTIC search on 'Kraus Effect Plasma Sheath' and came up with this document produced by the Electromagnetic Research Corporation (Washington, D.C.) for the General Electric Co. Missile and Space Vehicle Department (Philadelphia, PA) in 1960.
http://stinet.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc ... tTRDoc.pdf

Now it is interesting to note that someone edited this document. But I wonder if Dr. Brown had his fingerprints on this since he was a "radio man" and also knew a bit about plasmas in his high voltage work? I see through searching the DTIC on the 'Kraus Effect Plasma Sheath' that even though Kraus wasn't even mentioned in the document I just referenced, research on propagation of radio signals through a plasma sheath was still continuing in 1964. And the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) still had studies along these lines for a paper issued in 2007.

I'm not saying for sure that Dr. Brown was working along these lines during the "missing years" but it could be a possibility, given what we know about his background. Philly, Washington, D.C., Alexandria, VA were also places Dr. Brown visited so the locations fit, as well as the dates.

Now Langley, that was a good diversion I had, but other than the link, did you come up with anything else for the FISSION-ELECTRIC REACTOR STUDY?

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

Linda Brown wrote:Langley,

Somehow that sets off little bells to me. I especially like the words chosen " gently progressing".... is that the same as " bubbles coming to the surface?" <g> Linda
Its really rather interesting. The deliberate incremental backroom development. Since 1956?
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

htmagic wrote:
Langley, the link you posted works fine. But when I dug deeper into the DTIC site and searched under "The Fission-Electric Cell Project", this popped up to the top:
http://www.dtic.mil/srch/doc?collection=1EDA8F23681120DB&id=AD0405535 wrote:Title:
SATELLITE PLASMA SHEATH ANOMALIES,

Abstract:
Contents: Experimental Studies of the Kraus Effect Plasma Sheath and Screening around a Rapidly Moving Body Plasma Compression EEffects Produced by Space Vehicles in a Magnetic Ionic Medium Reflection of Radio Waves Incident to Boundary Surfaces with Application to the Theory of the Kraus Effect Interaction of West Ford Needles with Earth's Magnetosphere The Generation of Electromagnetic Waves in the Wake of a Satellite.

Plasma, satellites? Hmmmm, this sure sounds like something Dr. Brown might be involved in. Now the late 1950s and early 1960s much work was done in rocketry. And we know around this time, Dr. Brown may have been involved in the GRAB satellite. As a vehicle re entered the atmosphere, the heat from re entry causes a plasma cloud to form around the vehicle, effectively acting as a plasma shield to block radio waves. During re entry, the Apollo astronauts had a period of silence when radio communications were absent because of this effect.

Now I did a DTIC search on 'Kraus Effect Plasma Sheath' and came up with this document produced by the Electromagnetic Research Corporation (Washington, D.C.) for the General Electric Co. Missile and Space Vehicle Department (Philadelphia, PA) in 1960.
http://stinet.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc ... tTRDoc.pdf

Now Langley, that was a good diversion I had, but other than the link, did you come up with anything else for the FISSION-ELECTRIC REACTOR STUDY?

MagicBill
No Bill. I did a quick hunt for activities which combined nuclear ionisation with ions and plasmas. Something which would indicate perhaps that the activities of TT Brown had what was considered "impacts" with the sphere of nuclear weapons. And that popped up. But which what you have found, well its pretty darn hot from my perspective. It could well be that the effects Brown worked on re propulsion was observed and confirmed by anomolies in the trajectories of sattelites. If one considers ok a body moving through the reaches of the ionosphere, with the sun side of that body having a different charge to the dark side of that body, and its under the influence of the EM field, and particularly if influenced by the solar wind what it is a charged body moving through a plasma field under the influence of an EM field. So does this produce a force on the body which was unexpected originally ? Did it mean the bodies in orbit didnt behave as expected? And given that did it also mean that the Argus etc high altitude nuke tests had similar effects on missiles and satelittes? Anyway, the whole thing about plasma sheathing is a fundamentally Brown thing.
htmagic
Senior Officer

Re: Hidden but why - Plasma sheath

Post by htmagic »

Langley,

I took it that the plasma sheath would happen during re-entry. But what you described may happen with the cosmic rays and moving through the ionosphere. If you look at what they were doing, they were trying to "blow away" the plasma away from the antenna, exposing it outside the plasma sheath. I think later on, they discovered longer waves could penetrate the plasma whereas the shorter (microwave) frequencies were essentially blocked. (I need a ham like Mikado to confirm this...)

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

That was a really good find, MagicBill. Check the References...one of them leads only to a contract number, all the others identify the assocated researchers.

A bit of TTB communication cropped up here recently about something unexpectedly hot happening with General Electric right about this time.

Spideys dancing!

rose
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.