LESSONS OF HISTORY

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Re: LESSONS OF HISTORY

Post by Victoria Steele »

After being rescued when found wandering down a long dusty trail ... my long little hound nose clogged with things I didn't understand , I was given this ride by a guy in a baseball cap and driving a red truck. So after sticking my nose out in the fresh air for awhile I have found this little trail..... sniff, sniff, which smells more appropriate for my talents. So with a bell like haloooooo. I start off. Any body joining me?

I first found this ( Thankyou Flow)

"Yes, I agree with you Elizabeth that the return of the looted artifacts to their land of origins may be something to look forward to and to rejoice in when it happens. But I'm not anticipating that happening anytime soon. As was pointed out, this again is all about money and power, and from the start, it was clear that the barbaric mindset that initiated the invasion and wrecking of Iraq were mindless to the importance of protecing the historical heritage of Iraq. Ironically it was/is also their heritage, since that was where much of their cultural heritage also began about 6,000 years ago."

And though its sad to say we have lost the treasure to us who was Flow, I am sure some of you have noted that this week the " treasure" that was mentioned above has been returned. No identification of those who had it, how they got it, how it was spared ... but it has found its way home.

Somewhere way back in this forum I remember a discussion of how it could have possibly been an inside job and reading also accounts of how " strangers" were spotted in the museum ... but they never came out. I have my favorite theories. You guys work on your own. Point is ..... the stuff is back. See Flow? Victoria
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

THANKYOU VICTORIA

I FEEL LIKE I HAVE FOUND MY WAY HOME TOO.
BIG RELIEF.

To those of you who are new to this forum THIS particular thread is really what it is all about. Take a moment and go to the front. Notice the wondrous way that Mr. Twigsnapper introduces some lessons of history that have more of a bearing on this story and then watch the way the thread takes off like some sort of Indianna Jones adventure. Filled with spies and brave women and dusty manuscripts. THIS is what the story of Townsend Brown is all about. THIS is the proper trail.

Thank you Paul too for helping us get back here.

Now Victoria, I found this but I don't think its what you were talking about.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24339545/

I saw that latest newscast too about the wonderful stash that had just been recovered and returned by unknown sources. Like you I have my own personal theory here but its so way out others have to get to the same level to understand. Still, we are on the right track Victoria ... thanks. MarkC
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

I wish one of you hounds would pick up the Gregory Peck trail. I circled and circled when I first read this thread and got nothing.

rose
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Its been my experience with Mr. Twigsnapper Rose that if you really don't get what he has said, it might just be that the moment has not arrived yet and you simply have to wait until the information finds its way to you. Consider the Gregory Peck comment something to mark with a red flag and don't worry about it. You will recognize it when it shows up again. I keep telling myself in situations like this " Just wait for it>"

I appreciated Michelle Obamas speach last night where she seemed to catch on to the same idea .... She spoke of that moment .... "Where the current of history meets this new tide of hope." And I really appreciated and recognized that sentiment.

Not a political statment. Just a matter of word usage and meanings!

With us you have to be at that meeting place of time and history. And OH Boy.... I think we might just be in the right place. Linda
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

I went back to basics today, went back in time to a so called Roman hill fort, zig zags are really pushing me at the moment, have you ever felt that someone or something is nudging you in a certain direction?
maybe it's internal within myself, I don't know, but what I do know is we don't yet comprehend the very basics of how this universal system operates, and yet we are thinking we are masters of space, rubbish.
This hillfort covers aprox 8 acres, with a large embankment and external ditch around it, it has five enterance areas, and out of each of these areas I can detect pathways with zig zag signals bouncing between the pathway walls, a sort of river of spiral nature flowing along these pathways.
I have to crack these lessons from history, perhaps from the beginngs of history, for thats what I sense about these places.
Today I gave up counting the fairy rings within the hill fort area after around forty of them, with many different varities of toadstools involved, I am confident that the so called fairies are plasma discharges from the earth , and that they demonstrate what light actually is, and it is from the earth, not the sun.
Sorry if this doesn't make clear sense, but I am trying to unravel this mystery of time, it is cleverly veiled, but something is really pushing me now?
http://www.britarch.ac.uk/ba/ba44/ba44feat.html
http://www.britarch.ac.uk/ba/ba69/feat1.shtml
The cursus is from way way back, in so called time, they are rivers of what we are, come from and return to, imho.

kevin
fibonacci is king
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Post by Paul S. »

My thanks also to Victoria for bringing this one to the top. It makes for interesting reading from the start.

Now, Dear, would you mind sending me a bit of time in a bottle so I can read it all??

And, I gather that there is some confusion re: just what recent event you're referencing re: the return of some "stuff" from an unknown location. Can you find a link to the specific event you're referring to.

This whole business has a certain resonance... something about a mystic warrior in the basement of a mosque... but I'd have to check my notes to be sure...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Memory vibrations here too. Mainly because I just thought that it was a cool thought, that an outside group would sweep in and save some of these artifacts, And there was an odd newspaper clipping that held the rumor that "strangers" had been spotted in the " basement" of the museum/mosque? but they never were spotted leaving and so that brings to mind what the POSSIBILITIES might be. Could it be possible that we are actually looking at a " Caroline operations team" in action. Why worry about " breaking in" when you are " in there" to start with. One of them a tall man with green eyes maybe?

Paul, I know that I saw that news cast regarding these artifacts being returned. I'll try finding it for you this evening. And it would be cool if I could find that original piece about the " rumor of strangers" in the basement of the museum. Surely that will pop up too. If you remember it being a mosque do you remember the name of it? MarkC
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Mr. Twigsnapper
This whole thing resembles another one of Grandmother's NPPD gambits. I hope the tall man loves those keepsakes.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Been my experience Trickfox that the tall man discovered a long time ago that some things deserve to be protected and not exploited.

So enlighten me. What would be one of your Grandmothers NPPD "gambits"? Not familiar with the term. Linda
amalie
Junior Birdman

Post by amalie »

Dear Mark,

Culture , religion and philosophy are so important because they inform about the basic condition .

Without those ancient symbols we have no way of sensing or ascertaining the human status and hence no way of coming to terms with it . Pure science cannot address the cultural condition in isolation because there must be a humanistic connection that makes the dialog possible .

Voloshinov says

"How is the refraction of existence in the ideological sign determined ? By an intersecting of differently oriented social structures within one and the same community i.e.by the class struggle . This social multi-accentuality of the sign is a very crucial aspect . By and large it is by this intersecting of accents that the sign maintains its vitality and dynamism and capacity for further development ... The very same thing that makes the ideological sign vital and mutable is also , however, that which makes it a refracting and distorting medium. The ruling class strives to impart a supra-class, eternal character to the ideological sign , to extinguish or drive inward the struggle between social value judgements which occur in it, to make the sign uni-accentual"

I do not entirely agree , I feel that Voloshinov is still a communist and is not looking at identity through the trans-political lens yet.

However we can certainly see examples of class centered symbolism around . Take for instance "Harry Potter" , I always had a suspicion that this fable was really an attempt ( unconscious of course ) to endow the English public school traditions with mystic qualities . Wizards are not muggles , pure bloods are an elite and so on . My suspicions where somewhat confirmed by the last missive , which depicted a series of glamorous graduation ceremonies, perhaps of some appeal to those who do not live in fairy castles , but which seemed totally devoid of any literary value or even a story line .

I did try to send this earlier , but also addressed to Victoria , which is perhaps why the post did not show up .
Apologies if there is duplication

Amalie

Mark Culpepper wrote:THANKYOU VICTORIA

I FEEL LIKE I HAVE FOUND MY WAY HOME TOO.
BIG RELIEF.

To those of you who are new to this forum THIS particular thread is really what it is all about. Take a moment and go to the front. Notice the wondrous way that Mr. Twigsnapper introduces some lessons of history that have more of a bearing on this story and then watch the way the thread takes off like some sort of Indianna Jones adventure. Filled with spies and brave women and dusty manuscripts. THIS is what the story of Townsend Brown is all about. THIS is the proper trail.

Thank you Paul too for helping us get back here.

Now Victoria, I found this but I don't think its what you were talking about.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24339545/

I saw that latest newscast too about the wonderful stash that had just been recovered and returned by unknown sources. Like you I have my own personal theory here but its so way out others have to get to the same level to understand. Still, we are on the right track Victoria ... thanks. MarkC
amalie
Junior Birdman

the upcoming paradigm shift

Post by amalie »

Linda,

I think it will happen too,

Paul's book will be published and it will stir up tremendous interest, coincidently at exactly the same moment the original sciences of applied plasma physics will start to come to the fore. In the same way that nano-technology astounded the world ....it will indeed be "absolutely fabulous" ...

Something else that I wish would happen at the forthcoming and serendipitous moment... yes you guessed it the "space treaty"
I am going to try and explain for the forum why and how ISST International Space Systems Treaty brings our human society together under a new paradigm.

Human culture, myth and symbol, technology and science . Starting out with the ley lines and ending up in the information age .
My draft will be bigger that can be put in reasonable e-note posting , so I will include it as a link .

Be back with some more in about a week or so
Bye for now
Amalie
amalie
Junior Birdman

anadem

Post by amalie »

Dear historical lessons ,

I thought this might be of some interest . Strange how ancient artifacts just keep turning up and always seeming so serendipitous.
Messages from the past ....... any ideas ?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080829/ap_ ... old_wreath

Amalie