Secrets unveiled

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Secrets unveiled

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I am starting this new post because I think that things that have been discussed on this subject are somehow even more important, just days before Pauls presentation of his material. Thinking particularly of this post

viewtopic.php?t=122

(Note: I don't know why the above link isn't working for me, trying again in the "keeping secrets and leaks" post. Don't know what is happening on this end, but please go there directly if you have to ....oops had an extra letter in there for some reason, fixed now? )

Some people will consider what Paul says as " secrets unveiled" but I don't necessarily think thats really the case. Sometimes information is just " not known". That doesn't particularly make it a "secret"

So perhaps the reason all this is coming to the surface right now is that someone REALLY has simply BOTHERED TO ASK THE QUESTIONS.

And as difficult as it has been for Paul, he has been very good at asking good questions. The most difficult part of it, and I think he will agree, is that its hard to know WHAT QUESTIONS TO ASK.

Some religions have this phrase (stated in different ways) but the gist is " Ask and you will be answered". It takes quite a journey to realize that its the QUESTIONS YOU FORM that are important. TheY form your entire future.

And I am back on that dusty road of the past(?) where something (??) stopped a woman by a well. " Who ARE you?" it asked. Where do you come from? Where are you going?"

I suggest that "being" was asking some pretty good questions. So maybe, eventually it will be our time to answer?

Elizabeth
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

differences

Post by Victoria Steele »

I agree with you Elizabeth. There is a BIG difference in information that is WITH HELD AND KEPT SECRET and information that just has never been asked for.

Strikes me that Paul may never be able to uncover the stuff that is being held as "secret" because, well just because. But the information that no one has ever bothered to ask about? Now thats a wide open field, having the right mentality to see something that needs an answer, and getting it by asking the right questions. THATS whats going to be so interesting about his "take" on Townsend Brown. He will be asking questions that no one else has thought to ask before. Oh maybe they have thought to ask but nobody actually went after the information as he has. No one has asked the questions he has.

Again thats what made me angry at the other writers. Everything was just so flipping easy for them. They started with a couple of points, come up with a cheap answers and then build their stories to fit what their particular agenda was.

But Paul has really put himself out there to find out what Townsend Brown was REALLY like as an individual. And when he did that he uncovered all of this information that seemed to be just waiting to come to the surface. Call it inspired work. Others will! But I recognize how hard that was (and will be). Just a pat on the back. Victoria
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

misquoted

I was paraphrasing a very important three questions and I didn't get it quite right and I wanted to correct myself. Some would not even notice the difference but maybe you will see that it is REALLY important!

"Who are you?"

"Where do you come from?"

and I said " Where are you going?" but you see, thats not the right quote. The right quote is "Where WILL YOU GO?".. Am I just being picky here or do others see what I am talking about? and what the difference is and how important it is? Elizabeth
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

revelations

Its pretty obvious to me that Pauls book will be similar to his conference presentation. There will be much material buried under the words, and that will be an intentional structure. Thats one of the reasons people will find this book of his so very interesting. It will have layers and layers of possibilities. and as his readers turn each page it will be a challenge for them to go further. or in some cases, deeper into their own thought processes.

One of the questions I would like to see explored someday (again, because this is an age old challenge.) "What is the NATURE of inspiration?" How did these "downloads" actually reach Townsend Brown? Was it something that was a product purely of his own mind? Or was it "inspired" by some other force, and if that is the case, HOW?

Now many people reading Pauls book will not want to even go there. For them the account of where this man moved, who he knew, what he did, what he thought will be more than enough. ( And they are right too!)

But these other questions about our own spirituality and our own destiny. Those are questions buried like Pirate gold in the sand of this book. "More here than meets the eye" could never be more appropriate. Elizabeth
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

standing, holding

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Paul,

I just want you to know you have my very best wishes this week. I doubt that I can be there personally but I do have friends that plan to be there so I know that I will soon be able to watch your presentation here in my own livingroom. And I will have the advantage of being able to rerun it!

I am pleased that you were the one who somehow decided to take this project on. I think that you are the right person for it.

I was "rumaging" (good phrase, I noticed that you have used it) through the material. Thats a good thing to do sometimes when you hit a spot where you need a little something extra. Throw your efforts into "neutral" and see where the pull of gravity takes you!

With me? I "stumbled onto" this. ( Dont you just love that phrase.?Like Dr. Brown being asked ..." Well, how did you stumble on this effect?" I always took that as a prime insult because it takes away from him all the hard work on his side. No one is GIVEN this sort of material without working his butt off for it. Dr. Brown would understand that and I think that you do to. So when someone says " How did you "stumble"? The "inspiration" is one thing. The actual WORK is another.

So I believe that you have done your work. Trust that you know what you do know. What you don't know .... not many other people do either .... so don't worry over it. Some things just take time to develop.

Anyway, this is what I found. Something that Madison I think had quoted from someone she just "stumbled onto" Yeah, Right.

viewtopic.php?p=1727#1727

I thought I would respond to something Paul said earlier in this section, about why it was important for him not to get off the track of "truth" as difficult as it might get while investigating Townsend Browns life and work. There has been so much disinformation, so many flights of fancy. In a world that automatically assumes that anything written about the man will have "The Philadelphia Experiment" branded all over it.

But instead of following that twisting path of half truths and sometimes pure fabrications, Paul is revealing something far more exciting and and yes, I believe, TRUE.

And then I asked myself why would someone devote all this time and energy to this project?

Yes, I am sure that there will be financial rewards and even fame at the end of the trail for Paul. But I don't REALLY believe that is his main reason in approaching this subject. This is a great country and anyone with any sort of enthusiasm for doing it can at least make a good living and some, who seem to be luckier or perhaps more in line with the flow, can go beyond all expectations.

So if you can make money doing anything.......... Why beat yourself up mentally going in this direction? I ran across a guote from a famous writer and I think that it might start to answer that question.

And with this post here I ask others to step in too and add your answers to "Why do writers really write?"

E.L. Doctorow (writer of "Ragtime" (great!) and "Book of Daniel") answered that question this way:

"I've never had a rational or thoughful answer to that question. Basically, you want to make something that STANDS. Its really very selfish. You want to make something thats good and true and something that didn't exist before. You hope it will last. Thats all, thats all but its EVERYTHING. its a monumentally arrogant wish, and desire, but its also very simple. Just out of your own inadequate mind, to make something that stands and holds and becomes something that someone else will use to walk us up another bit further toward whatever it is that our destiny might be. Enlightenment, one hopes. Salvation. Redemption, All those things."

Paul, my suggestiong . When you find yourself with the blankets pulled over your head and the thoughts hitting you "WHY,WHY, WHY am I doing this? Thats maybe the answer.

And I think that maybe thats the answer from Townsend Brown too. I never met the man but I'll bet thats the answer.

Vegas in November for all the bright reef fish out there! Madison "

Well not much more to add to that. An A in my class Paul. Mark C.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Thanks, Mark

Post by Paul S. »

Mark, your post here makes many fine points, as well as offering some insights into some of my own daily questions and internal struggles.

I've seen that Doctorow quote somewhere before, and yeah, it's quite perceptive. This is not a "rational" process. It would not be nearly as valuable -- or as powerful -- if it were.

I'm sorry you won't be able to make the trip to Las Vegas for what is starting to sound like a "gathering of the tribe." I do hope our paths will cross one day soon.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
grinder
Senior Officer

another woman?

Post by grinder »

Mr. Twigsnapper, Sir ... if you are reading this I wondered if you could respnd to a question that I had after reading this great post from you

viewtopic.php?p=2291#2291

especially when you said this : "snorting here a bit. Yes, the FBI had noted quite accurately that Townsend Brown was travelling "with a group which did considerable drinking" in 1938. He was on board the USS Nashville. I don't know that the US sailors get as their rum allotment but whatever they get, they most likely take advantage. Good company. As to him being involved with other ladies, be clear. Ladies liked Townsend Brown. ALOT. Much to my sometimes consternation.

But take a long look at the couple at the Mayflower. Is there any doubt in the world that she was the one and only love of his life at the time? Twigsnapper "

Now I have been studying the other messages you have sent and I know by now that you don't say things flippantly. In other words, you had a reason for mentioning that "Ladies liked Townsend Brown" ....." much to my sometimes consternation?" Sounds to me like he could have gotten himself in a real tight spot, which worried you? And then you say "Is there any doubt that she was the one and only love of his life AT THE TIME?"

So, Mr. Twigsnapper, can I ask you outright? Who was the "other love of his life .... perhaps at another time?" Its just interesting to me that you would say that, then leave the door open for later possibilities. Just wondering here. grinder
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

two and only

Post by twigsnapper »

grinder.

Starting December 1945 and continuing for the rest of his life, and I expect, beyond, his daughter Linda. twigsnapper
grinder
Senior Officer

of course

Post by grinder »

Of course!

I am a silly rabbit, and that rabbit hole was just really enticing.

Thank you for your prompt answer. grinder
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: two and only

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote:grinder.

Starting December 1945 and continuing for the rest of his life, and I expect, beyond, his daughter Linda. twigsnapper
My goodness, you are still checking out the forums. Glad to see you are still here.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

at my age

Post by twigsnapper »

Mikado,

At my age I never plan too far ahead but, last time I looked, yes! I am still here! Oh, Happy Birthday, by the way. You too Paul! Sort of off by a few days probably but I am taking the shotgun approach.

twigsnapper
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: at my age

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote:Mikado,

At my age I never plan too far ahead but, last time I looked, yes! I am still here! Oh, Happy Birthday, by the way. You too Paul! Sort of off by a few days probably but I am taking the shotgun approach.

twigsnapper
What???? No birthday present? I want one of them fusion powered DeLorean's that Paul has.

No, better yet, I want an afternoon with that time thingy you got? OK?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

old question

Post by twigsnapper »

Its an old question, but like the genie in the bottle, but with only one wish, what would you wish to do for that "afternoon" Mikado? Curious over your response.

And you Paul?
Whats your birthday wish?
The pony is reserved.

And Trickfox what would you do ?.... but I believe you have already answered that. And I believe that your Mother would have heard you.

Victoria, I rather imagine you would set out to right some wrong somewhere.

Mark C. Perhaps travel in time to see if your days as a teacher have made the impression that you have dreamed about?

Elizabeth, and you?

Morgan was asked that question too as I recall but sometimes you don't have to travel in time to see the benefits of your minds work.

twigsnapper
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Re: at my age

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

twigsnapper wrote:Mikado,

twigsnapper
Oh, now that is a coincidence! When's Mikado and Paul's birthdays? Mine is tomorrow, Nov 5, 196...

I know what I want... TTB's scientific endeavors to be realized, Andrew to be vindicated! I guess a nice big B&B in New England somewhere would be pretty cool too, but I'd have to have enough money to travel back to CA every now and then to surf the big tides in May...

LongboardLOVELY
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: old question

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote:Its an old question, but like the genie in the bottle, but with only one wish, what would you wish to do for that "afternoon" Mikado? Curious over your response.
Just remember, curiosity killed the cat but if this is a Prerequisite for the genie my response is:

To find truth as an observer in the past, so that wrongs in the present can be corrected but I would have one selfish request - to view a certain area in Pennsylvania at a certain time just to see it in action.

Ah to dream, but then I would also wish to look forward to see a way to overcome a situation in my life that has veritably torn my family to shreds, but that's another story. I also suppose that the answer would also lie in the past to discredit certain individuals......

Thanks.....now you have me rambling.

But I did enjoy it!

You can PM me and tell me where and when I can get my present!

Mikado