Two units, sending/receiving

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

Two units, sending/receiving

Post by ladygrady »

Paul,

I just have been spending time rereading some of your chapters (pretty darned good actually, fun to sit down and read several chapters all at once. The romance is charming too.)

I have discovered something I think! Its almost too simple! Too obvious! Have you seen this. ( I mean, of COURSE you have seen it , YOU WROTE IT, but have you really SEEN it?)

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... rdear.html

You said in this chapter:

"That only half the equipment found its way to the NRL raises the obvious question, “what became of the other half?â€
Trickfox
The Magician

In case Paul is busy

Post by Trickfox »

Let me be the first to agree with Ladygrady on this issue.

How good is ONE telephone in the whole world? You need at least another one to use the communication channel.

Just as Watson needed his reciever when Alexander Bell said "Watson come here", Dr. Brown needed at least a second unit to make the communication link.

What an absolutely brilliant observation! :shock:

It just surprizes me to think that I never saw the obvious myself. You know my brain was just too darned close to it to see it.

I supposed that Dr. Brown was capable of creating as many units as the military needed, (which is exactly what I supposed) but on second thought, it would be very wise to make as few units as possible so that there would be a low risk of loosing the technology itself. In fact two strategic units would be the ideal method of maintaining the stealth factor.

It's the exact same reason that the first overflight of the U2 over the Soviet Union was extensive, bold and completely unforseen by them.

Thank you Lady grady for that very precious observation!

On another note: Here is a riddle
What brand new hollywood movie is being released on November 22 that has been seen before somehow? :twisted:

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
grinder
Senior Officer

Deja Vu

Post by grinder »

again, Deja vu! going to be some great movies right up our alley this coming season.

grady! I might be way out on a long limb here but its the only place to be! Of course! You are brilliant! Of course! One sending, one receiving. You have to have a set! Running tests, Want to bet. Its just so damned obvious.

Elizabeth. You know almost as much as Paul does about this material. Had you seen this possibility before? Comments? I know that we are not supposed to bother Paul so I am not addressing him but can you tell us what your thoughts are on this? Do you think that grady is on the right track? grinder
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: In case Paul is busy

Post by Paul S. »

Me? Busy? Why on earth would anybody think THAT??
Trickfox wrote:On another note: Here is a riddle
What brand new hollywood movie is being released on November 22 that has been seen before somehow? :twisted:
Well now, that would just HAVE to be... "Deja Vu"

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=12593 :wink:

--PS

(now I see grinder already beat me to the punch on that one....<*sigh*>
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Gold Star for "grady"

Post by Paul S. »

ladygrady wrote:Paul. Do you see it? Have you seen it? Two units! One in Bermuda? One .... where was that put ?.... his home in Zanesville? But didn't I hear about the University of Pa somewhere? that was in 1938? One sending, one receiving? and vice versa! Its the first communication system Paul! Probably used for the Stephenson intelligence network. See it? Its not called that, but do you see it? Have I gone round the bend?? It just suddenly makes so much sense!
Well, no, I have to confess, I have NOT seen it in precisely the terms that you lay out here, but now that you're rubbing my nose in it... uh....duh! Let me reach into my desk here and pull out a gold star to put on ladygrady's forehead...

What else I'm wondering is how exactly you pulled the UofPa into this scenario. Yes, that institution has been mentioned, but in an entirely different context (I probably need to go back and read my own stuff to see where exacdtly it has been mentioned). But you're probably right that the connection fits in here, too (like Jon Stewart plugging an electrical cord into an avocado...anybody else see that?).

The reference is curious to me, though, because as I was sorting through the "rest of the story" in preparation for my Las Vegas presentation, I also came across a couple of references in my notes to UofPA, and I will actually be including one such reference in the talk.

And Trickfox's observation is equally astute: there's no point in having a transmitter unless somebody's got a receiver, and vice-versa. So it makes perfect sense that if only "half" the equipment made it to one destination, then the other "half" would have been... well, the other "half."

Y'all keep talking amongst yourselves... things are getting a little lighter for me now, so I can pay a bit more attention and chime in when there's something pertinent to add.

Thanks grady,

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

gold stars

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I too want to thank you grady for seeing something that I have missed! I am sort of chagrined actually that I have missed it and its been right in front of my nose.

Its strange though exactly WHY we missed that. It should have been my first thought! One unit in one place .... another unit in another place. How OBVIOUS could that information possibly have been! But it took you grady! and I thank you very much!

(Grady is a prime example everybody .... I am speaking to anyone reading this who hasn't felt that it was important enough to log on and add your "two cents worth. Here is an example of what I was talking about! Each one of you has the ability to bring forth REALLY important pieces of information! You may not think that your comments will have any value but please don't discount yourself!

If you have a comment, PLEASE register to this forum and talk with us!You can see now what I meant! Individual observations are outside of our "nose to the canvas" realm! Grady, in this particular case that information just sort of sat there in Pauls words and waited for you to come along and see it! I think maybe that sort of outside observation is what this book is going to be all about! I have always felt that is what will happen when this book gets into more and more hands. Its been my constant hope that Pauls words will instigate even more "switches" for other information.. I know that its strange, but thats how it seems to work! Elizabeth
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

The twins

Post by Victoria Steele »

Good work grady, really! Paul asked how you came to the conclusion that the U of P was involved but again he forgets what he has put down on paper! (I can understand how that happens. I am not being critical. But it is funny, don't you think, that the material gets put down and then has to be "rediscovered" by the writer himself. Something sort of strange and mystical in that!)

Anyway Paul. You mentioned the U of Pa and the "equipment" in the book, Chapter 40 ... "The Golden Galleon" uh .... like this ......

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... lleon.html

"A few weeks later, Brown wrote to “Our Navyâ€
grinder
Senior Officer

looking at the white suit AGAIN

Post by grinder »

Now that we all seem to be on a VERY interesting path I thought I would revisit that White Suit picture. But then I realized that the whole thread needs to be looked at again. Read this post entirely please folks and then we can really get into this. This is going to be GOOD.

viewtopic.php?t=151

I remember that this group of messages started a pretty good firestorm of comments from people who came to Mr. Twigsnappers defense in this so I don't want to zero in on that. Just ask yourself. If Pauls sources told him that Dr. Brown was in Bermuda ..... then maybe we need to take him at his word and look ourselves at what that might mean. Discussions out there? Anybody new. Like Elizabeth said, maybe it will take new eyes to REALLY see. Maybe we all (the old timers here) have been too close to the subject. But hey, We care. grinder
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Hi All,

Yes, Ladygrady has made a very astute observation, which I had missed as well. I have a couple of comments as well.

If the sending unit were in Bermuda and the other was in Pennsylvania, if the security in the states was compromised, no information could be discovered since it was merely a receiving unit.

I wonder if the "students" in PA knew anything about what they were studying.

I wonder what ever happened to those students.

I wonder if those "students" were the same group of "students" that were at the supposed Roswell crash site.

And the obvious observation (thanks to my Linda) is, didn't that famous Canadian, William S. Stephenson (Intrepid) retire to Bermuda where he supposedly was able to keep on top of his international network until his death?

Andrew
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

students at the U of Pa

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Paul or Elizabeth,

Wasn't that the U of Pa mentioned as a possible place for Linda to go after high school in Malvern? She was a good student, I understand, at Great Valley High. The logical extention to her studies would have been just down the train tracks.

Wasn't there a story in one of the chapters that mentioned a professor in the electrical department who greeted Dr. Brown with near awestruck attitude? Darn .... I know I read it because it interested me, why Linda would pick a little private college in Virginia over the U of Pa. I mean if she could have gotten in there that would have been the wisest academic course.

Pauls chapter revealed alot about the character of Townsend Brown, how he allowed his daughter to go for the passion in her life. (horsemanship, boy do I know what THATS like! But she turned away because she didn't think that she could live up to the gushing enthusiasms offered by this one professor?

So. I wonder with you Andrew. Was there a secret program operating out of that University? Why THAT University particularly? And could that particular professor have been a former "student" involved in one of these projects? And I agree with you Andrew. Maybe thats one of the questions you can ask at the conference? What happened with those students who were mentioned being at the crash (at Aztec????)

And you are right of course! As Mr. Twigsnapper has told Paul and by extension US ... over and over and over. The information stays separated in each "hut" and one hut does not know what the other "huts" are doing. Except for very few individuals who somehow have the ability to go from one to another. I smile when I remember Mr. Twigsnappers saying regarding bees and flowers .....He gave us the impression that Dr. Brown traveled so much because he was the "bee" but then he said " Flower must not EVER go .... from bee to bee to bee............" I loved that.

Where are you Sir? Will you be in Vegas? Will we know who you are? You know I have much to thank you for. Mark C.
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Mark,

That's what I was talking about last night - the professor called Townsend "Dr. Brown," and was almost excessively ingratiating. We wondered the same thing - whether it was one of the "students."

Perhaps they went on to do whatever research they desired, gratis of the Group. Maybe we'll find out at the conference.

Andrew
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

what Mr.Twigsnapper said before

This might be a little bogus because this is not a CURRENT message from Mr. Twigsnapper but I have realized (duh) that he has been carefully instructing us all along and many of his messages have gone really un noticed. So I found this one and I am going to post it here and if anyone here wants to talk about it, I'll be here. The gentleman may not be speaking with us any more because he might figure we already have enough information. We just haven't been paying enough attention to it? Possible. Yes, sadly, I think thats possible. So look at this please?

viewtopic.php?p=1936#1936

Just a little background.

In 1941, Stalin refused to believe the intelligence reports that he was getting from his operatives around the world that the Germans were in fact going to strike his borders. He had been getting word from some of his agents in Tokyo which had broken into the German embassy. He ignored that information. Other information gathered from Germans monitoring Stephensons group in New York pointed the Russian agents the fact that Germany was definitely planning on attacking Russia also. Again, even that intelligence was ignored by Stalin.

Russian agents had been monitoring and trying to infiltrate the Stephenson group in England and the United States. It was not above them actually to stand back and monitor the German rings in in the USA. Standing back, not involving themselves, they gathered quite a bit of information about what the Germans were anxious to know, and in that way, discovered what was important to follow up on with more effort. A very useful technique actually. Let the other fellow do most of the work, then swipe his information. A very smart Russian trait.

At the time (1936-1941) the Germans were mounting a cross attack on Stephenson agents who had caused much consternation to the German plans. This meant that many were of Stephensons people were captured, tortured and killed by German agents bent on collecting information. Of the Stephenson crews, none of them gave out an ounce of information. Some were rescrued and went on to exact a certain amount of justice. Others did not survive.

It was into this kind of world that this lovely Josephine introduced herself quite willingly and boldly. Sometimes it helps to know a little background information to appreciate what is right in front of your face. Twigsnapper

Look at all he told us. I am taking notes! I don't know about the rest of you but I think a notebook like Mikado is making for himself might be really useful! Victoria
grinder
Senior Officer

seeing the story

Post by grinder »

Oh man. This is an enormous exercise in just "seeing the story" and its frustrating! I read Mr. Twigsnappers words, and I know that they are pointing to something but I just can't see it yet?

What do soviet agents in the United States, German spies, the period of time from 1936 onward and Josephines entry into Stephensons network have in common? There has to be a common thread there somewhere! Why can't I see it? grinder
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

cranberry bogs

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I agree with you grinder. Its frustrating. If I have any advice or comfort to give you it would simply be the statement that has been given to me more times than I can count. The phrase is " Wait for it"

I have heard that phrase before with photographers. Especially professional photographers who take pictures of animals. To get the perfect shot sometimes you just have to let the animals go do whatever it is that they will go do and (ready all the time ) you just have to "wait for" the perfect shot.

Its hard! Its frustrating! But its good advice. As long as you have done everything you can do you just have to "wait for it" and thats the advice I give you in this situation too. I agree with you. There is a story there. and it will be worth it when the time is right. Elizabeth
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

cranberry bogs??????

Me wait for information? To come to me? Right!

Have any of you guys ever watched how they harvest cranberries? First of all their harvest season only lasts a few weeks ... just once a year so generally as my grandmother would say " Times a wastin"

Those hard little berries are on low growing plants. They flood the fields so that they are all completely covered by water. then they run over them with small tractor like things that shake the beejeesus out of the plants and knock the berries loose. The Berries float to the surface, they "corral them" (Very pretty actually, these cranberry corrals, worth seeing) then they literally push them off, drain them and load them in trucks. Pretty soon they are served up as a side dish with the turkey dinner.

Thats sort of the way I wait for material. Victoria
Last edited by Victoria Steele on Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.