The Spiritual Implications of Time Travel, Etc.

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Dr. Jordan
Space Cadet

The Spiritual Implications of Time Travel, Etc.

Post by Dr. Jordan »

I will get to my point, but first I must provide some background:

In the first and second century, Roman law required written documents, containing all the pertinent background regarding a case, to precede an appellant's appearance before Caesar. There are some scholars who suspect that the two volumes penned by Luke were to comply with those requirements.

The Book of Acts (Or Volume II of Luke's Gospel) was one such document. In the Book of Acts there is a story of Philip and an Ethiopian Eunuch. [Because I do not wish to detract from Paul's story, I will not expound on the Bible here; however, if you wish to discuss this with me, any of you are more than welcome to send me a private message.]

So in the Book of Acts, Chapter 8 verses 26-40 Philip is told (by an Angel of the Lord - who could have been the Resurrected Savior, or an actual Angel) to go South to the desert road between Jerusalem and Gaza. Gaza is actually a very long stretch of road, heading towards Egypt. He was to minister to an Ethiopian Eunuch there. The story then leads into the prophecy of Jesus foretold in the OT book of Isaiah (but again I will not go into that). What I want the readers to notice from this passage of the Bible is that right after the Eunuch was baptized, he did not see Philip again because the Spirit of the Lord took Philip away. (And plopped him down in Azotus about 30 miles from where Philip was previously).

Scholars will tell you that Philip walked away and that it was not a very far distance from the Gaza strip. If you look at a map and notice how hilly that area is, and the wording from the scripture, you'll see how ridiculous that is. If Philip were to just up and walk away, the Ethiopian would see him walk away. Also, thirty miles is not an easy trek in the foot coverings of that day.

My point? Anything is possible with God.

I mentioned that I wanted to talk about the "little green men" issue. I will save it for a more opportune moment, but keep in mind this: there are "forces of nature" that are actually real - angels and demons. God and Satan, Good and Evil. Not just concepts. Not just ideas that we toss around in coffee shops. Whether or not you believe is not the issue. If you did not believe in the wind, it would still be there. If you never saw Mt. Everest, it would still be there. None of us ever saw or knew any of our Presidents. We read history books and rely on witnesses. The same is true of Scripture. Proof is there, and if we spend our time studying and not believing what others say, we will see the Proof.

Bible said of itself that the Truth will Set you Free... (yes I know, Paul, this is not the time or place - but it needed to be said).

Agape,
Last edited by Dr. Jordan on Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iamnotbutiknowIAM
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

time and place

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Thank you very much Dr. Jordan for your input and contrary to what you said at the end of your message, this might just be the time and might just also be the place.

I think that we are all reeling a little from Pauls last chapter. I'm his research assistant, I knew it was coming before you all did , but still .... its an important turning point.

People can talk theory all they want but my impression has always been of Dr. Brown .... that where the other scientist TALKED ABOUT POSSIBILITIES .... HE WENT OUT AND DID IT. And here now we have a situation where Dr. Brown is quoted as saying to Morgan .... "Time Travel is possible ..... in your lifetime."

So your interest and input and viewpoint is entirely here at the right time.

I am not the biblical scholar that I feel you must be. But early in my career I was entranced by story of the appearance of a "being" who asked an Egyptian slave girl where she was going. The girl was running away she answered. She had been sent to the bed of her mistresses husband ... because that woman could not bear him children ... and according to the law of the land the owner of this slave could send her in to "take her place" by her husbands side. Any children raised by that arrangement would then become the children of the rightful wife ... and her husband .... (and I guess the Mother of that child would be allowed to remain .... their slave )..... Hagar was the name of this particular girl and she had run away from that situation .... to be confronted by .... something .... that told her to go back and submit to her mistress (Sara) .... that she would eventually have a baby which would be named ..... well ....... its an age old story.

The question is ...... was it time travel? Was it an Angels prophecy? What was it, actually .... if it even happened? Its a long dusty road out there Dr. Jordan, I agree with you. And it goes both ways... Elizabeth
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Hi All,

I just wanted to throw in a few words about Elizabeth's "long and dusty road." Those of you who have followed the threads have heard me mention the "multigenerational" nature of this project. This project goes both ways as she said. Since we don't have public access to the future, how does one determine the length of such a project into the past?

This is all from my memory, so please help me out, but I seem to remember an encounter Thomas Jefferson had with some type of silent, flying craft. He went out to investigate some distressed cows, and saw one was entangled in a "rope" and being lifted up towards a dark aircraft. He described the rope briefly as being of a material he could not cut as he was trying to free the cow.

In general, UFO technology seems to have improved considerable since then (over a period of time).

Keeping to the present dimension and human interaction, how possible would it be for a group of pepole to separate themselves secretly to develop technology. There have always been men and women of genius reaching far beyond the current technology.

I will put the other part of this comment over in the Chapter 32 forum...

Andrew
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Post by Paul S. »

Chris Knight wrote: I seem to remember an encounter Thomas Jefferson had with some type of silent, flying craft. He went out to investigate some distressed cows, and saw one was entangled in a "rope" and being lifted up towards a dark aircraft.
Andrew, I have not read everything that Thomas Jefferson ever wrote, but I have read a lot of it, and I follow the work of other scholars who know more about Jefferson than I'll ever forget. But this is the first I have ever heard of any kind of encounter between TJ and a "silent flying craft" or any way, shape or form.

Are you sure you're not talking about Jefferson's PLOW? Or maybe... his Moose? Those stories I'm familiar with. The flying cow, though, I think you got your wires crossed with another story.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Could be. Like I said it was a long time ago. It was the short description of the craft and "rope."

Heck, it might not have even been Jefferson, but that's the data in my head. I don't really keep up on UFO things unless it has to do with the mechanics.

I guess the point is that these things have been going on for a long time at a level that can be construed to be ahead enough of the general populace, but not far enough to come from another dimension or world.

Andrew
Gabriel
Space Cadet

God

Post by Gabriel »

If you think about it God is outside of time and is infinity. God sees everything in a eternally fix moment like some one looking down a mountain and seeing everything happining all at once. We are the one's who in this life are in time until we die. If you think about it we are the time machines linked to God. God I believe permits when necesary the ablity to travel in and out of times and places according to the laws of nature as the good Dr. Brown said. Angels too have their specific mission in time as they are in Aeveternity. In otherwords angels were created by God but have no end and are themselves outside time but can come and go as necesary in time. I believe their are angels among us to guide us along our path in order to return if we freely chose to by our choices in this life back to God were we will see things in and through God and as God sees things. Simliar to a two way mirror. Things happen to us according to the plan of providence which at the time may include much pain and suffering to us as in the case of Morgan's sister drowing. All things happen for a reason even if at the time we may not understand but God does. Something occurs that sets off a series of events that may make us better. I mean if morgan could go back and change his sisters death would he have ever met Linda and Dr. Brown. Its like a pebble thrown into a lake the ripple effects not only one area but the whole lake. As some one said everything is interconnected like threads to a bigger fabric. We are that fabric that God is weaving now. Play with the threads and you change the whole fabric. Lots to think about. I need a drink! :) Gabe.
Dr. Jordan
Space Cadet

Re: God

Post by Dr. Jordan »

Gabriel, I agreed with just about everything you said except for the following excerpt:

I believe their are angels among us to guide us along our path in order to return if we freely chose to by our choices in this life back to God ......

Angels were created by GOD and are our help in times of trouble, but they are not guides. If one speaks of guides, or spirit guides, then you get into the realm of Satanic rituals. Read the book called This Present Darkness by Frank E. Peretti. You'll get the idea. It's a great novel.

I am glad to see people trying to connect the Truth with some of the issues raised with this book. I am looking forward to reading more of the mini-chapters.

Ms. Drake, you were talking about Abraham and Sarah. Now that is a very interesting story. GOD never intended man to have more than one wife, and more than once in the OT HE says that he is not pleased with the decision his people made, but see His Grace working anyways? HE still calls Abraham the most blessed and through him the generations following will be like sand or stars in the sky... Jewish remnant is not just a remnant anymore. And Hagar did go back because she met an Angel. Some say it may have been Gabriel. (not the one writing us here... right??)

Oh, and Paul, I like what you wrote about Morgan. If he is reading right now, I wanted to tell him this:
все вещи работают для хорошего для тех любят лорда and Ничего случалось или случится всегда после того как оно случено by chance.
Your sister's untimely and tragic death lead you on the path you are on - change one thing and you will alter the fabric of life itself.

And
она будет ждать вас

Hopefully, he can read Russian as well as speak it.
iamnotbutiknowIAM
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

more questions

Dr. Jordan,

Thank you for responding tonight. May we trade questions?

You mentioned to Gabriel that you felt that angels were sent by God to help us "in times of trouble" but ...... they are not allowed to guide us? I can sort of see the reasoning in that .... if we are supposed to find our own way spiritually, without their guidence we would be better for it. We would be forced to find our own path. No getting the answers without working for them ourselves. I can see the value in that.

But I am puzzled why a "guiding angel" would lead then into Satanic rituals? As I said, I am not really a Biblical scholar but I am interested very much on your opinion in this direction.

I am rather simplistic I guess. I don't like the idea of giving evil energy any sort of form. The devil or satan ... or whatever. I go by the , as I said, rather simplistic view that light over- rides darkness. Why then should I worry about something that retreats so easily? The tough part ,I have discovered, is just keeping the torches burning.

And my comments about Sara and Abraham were a feeble attempt to demonstrate how different human social situations can create such pain and suffering. Sarah was doing what she was allowed to do in her society at that time, as strange as it seems to us now. In her time she felt that she had the perfect right to order her slave to have a child by her husband. Of course now slavery would be the first objection and the rest of the objections could just form a line on the right.

It just seems to me that it must be difficult for a loving God to watch us taking our sweet time learning to do the right things.

I wish I could read Russian. You have peaked my curiosity! Are you fluent in Russian yourself?

Thank you again.

And Gabriel ....... You have a good name, certainly.

Am I right that the angel Gabriel (who stopped Hagar on the trail) was the first mentioned in the Bible? I have that in my head but I don't know if I am right or not. Thank you both so much for your input. Elizabeth
grinder
Senior Officer

spirit guides

Post by grinder »

Dr. Jordan,

Your statement that a "spirit guide" leads to satanism?

Do I take that to mean that you automatically assume, for example, that Native American belief in a "spirit guide" toward good is ... unfounded? Or perhaps misguided?

Whether or not I agree with your stand, I believe I owe it to you to ask for a clarification of what you actually meant by that statement. grinder
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Why is it, I wonder

Post by Victoria Steele »

Everybody and Dr. Jordan in particular.

Why was it that with the wondrous title of Time travel .... we are suddenly plunged into a discussion of Good and Evil/ God or Satan .... and I am sure that the "ultimate battle" was just a breath away? Right?

I just want to know why that is?

Why do we have to go immediately to what God did, as translated in the Bible. I hafta tell you ... you have a hard nut with me ... all I smell when I get a whiff of that is .... death and destruction. And I was hoping thats not what we were talking about here.

Dr. Jordan, You soft pedaled the core of your point into the discussion .... but I certainly saw it.

Just know that I agree with some of what you said..... that the truth was certainly written .... at least, I believe that many men through the ages have spoken the truth to scribes that tried to capture it accurately..... But a thousand more have twisted it.

You know the concept of good/evil .... is more ancient than Christianity. Zoroaster used it as a cornerstone of his teachings, but even in its antiquity it has set armies against each other, (Richard and Saladin?) ...... and each was just sure he had God on his side. Meanwhile the blood runs. And its the same old story. I was just hoping not to get the same old whiff here.

We are talking TIME TRAVEL here folks. Not just a method to prove out the happenings of the Bible or any other religious manuscript. I am sure if I tried hard enough for every oddity that the Bible mentions I could match it with other religions. All that proves to me is that this force has been at work for a very long time and we are just inches away from finally understanding how it operates in our lives. Now is not the time to screw up, Victoria
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Going forward not back

Post by Victoria Steele »

And while I am at it a couple of more things to say:

If Dr. Brown stressed to Morgan that going back perhaps to save his sister might be impossible because of a "natural law" ..... I believe him.

next.

If he told Morgan that "Time travel would be possible IN YOUR LIFETIME"
I believe him.

It just puts a whole new spin on everything. And if I am the only one out there that sees that the world has really changed

..... then so be it. Victoria
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

little green men?

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Ah............... Can I butt in?.......You OK Victoria?

I just am taken with this "satan get thee behind me" sentiment that I sense is brewing from Dr. Jordan. Did I read you right there Dr? And you said that you wanted to talk about "little green men"? . I have already expressed my concern on another post about that but here I am. I would prefer to encourage the conversation rather than ignor it. And as Elizabeth said, now is probably the best time.

Victoria can be circumspect I am sure. And I would hope that she understands that the topics that surface in these forums are somehow meant to surface. Everything has a timing. So with that thought I was hoping that Dr. Jordan would give us his thoughts on Little green men? Again I have ears like Prince Charles. <g> Mark C.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

I just have a minute here...

Post by Paul S. »

...to say that I'm sorta with Victoria on this one.

I am interested in the historical aspects of this thread. What did Santyana say about being condemned to repeat it? Right. So I think there is merit in taking a look at some of the monumental issues that have torn civilization(s) assunder over the eons.

I would just prefer, for the moment, that the discussion of such things as the Bible, God, Satan, Good, Evil, Little Green Men and Pamela Anderson's implants stay confined to this section for now. I think it would be counterproductive to see it spilling over into other sections of the site.

I'm sure it all has something to do with "time travel," and will be following along to see what else comes up.

--PS

P.S. Dr. Jordan, would you object to changing the name of this thread to "The Spiritual Implications of Time Travel" or something to that effect?
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

at the well

Dr. Jordan,

You said that angels were not "guides" YET ....... The being that intercepted Hagar at the well between Kadesh and Be'red ... told her to turn back, return to her mistress. Told her that the baby she was carrying would be a leader of men, "And he will be a wild man: his hand will be against everyman and everymans hand will be against him and he shall dwell in the presence of all of his brethren" .............. and when she had her baby they called him "Ishmael"

Of course ..... it doesn't take much to follow history after that .... BUT what might have happened if the "angel" had not given her that advice?(or she had heard it, but not accepted it?) Was that merely advice? Or was that guidence into the future? The Bible never actually names this particular angel but does refer to him as an "angel of the Lord" ........ so if not being a guide in this instance, what then was he being? And if he was guiding .... was it then ..... satans work?

I might just think on that for awhile .... because NOW the descendents of Ishmael are in constant conflict with the descendents of his half brother Isaac....... just look now in the middle East ...... what might have happened if the Angel had simply asked Hagar..." where do you come from, where will you go?"

Maybe .... she should have listened to her own heart ...... and said ...." thankyou kind sir, for asking .... but I have plans of my own." What might have happened then? Elizabeth
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Yikes !

After reading this thread, I might put forth the suggestion that perhaps what Dr. Jordan is contemplating is that what we see ain't necessarily what we get.

Assuming there are alternate dimensions, etc. someone/thing capable of travelling between them may or may not appear as we might expect. If there is a gateway, how are we to know if 1) they are friendly, 2) they are interested in helping us, 3) they would like to do us harm, or 4) they are just trying to keep us out ?

Also, if there are various means of communication, how can we tell if some being means us any harm if they can appear in any form they choose (let's say direct sensory feed into the noggin). I mean we are slaves to our senses.

As far as "little green men" go, I can't say what's out there, but if there were someone/thing, maybe they get a kick out of appearing to people that way. I'm sure bigfoot goes home and has a good laugh with his buddies every time he runs across the road in front of some poor schlub. :)

Andrew