WIRED on "The AntiGravity Underground"

For a discussion of the science of Townsend Brown, his experiments and his ideas.
Rose
Senior Cadet

Re: WIRED on "The AntiGravity Underground"

Post by Rose »

Mark Culpepper wrote:Rose,

I don't know if this applies but any time I see something like this

" Neither the two officers, the devices, nor the plans were ever seen again"

Where it says " two officers" I start getting the wierdest feeling that we are seeing the Caroline Group in action somehow.

Remember too that Adamski used that same phrase " Two officers" brought him information about his " scout ship".

Just .... wierd. Good work as always Rose. MarkC
Thank you, MarkC. That was the same thought i had, but the interrelationhships of the wartime intelligence agencies were getting complicated by then. Stephenson's BSC came into effect (formally and openly) in 1941, and the O.S.S. was established in June of 1942. Conveniently for them, both worked out of Georgetown offices then.

From reading about Stewart Menzies I know that it wasn't until late in the war that his intelligence service felt the need for an inhouse physicist/scientist to help interpret the rocket-related data they were getting. Was this scientist the originating impetus for Dr. Brown's clandestine jump behind the lines? I presume that mission was, overtly at at least, sponsored by the O.S.S.

Anyway, I have wondered what the exact time frame of that mission was? Do you remember?

rose

rose
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Rose,

If you are asking about Dads "mission" behind the lines etc. Here are the things that I do know. He was at home the day that President Roosevelt died. ( I have a personal reason for remembering that because my Mom told me that she was really distraught over the news ... and turned to Daddy for comfort ..... physically especially ( and that resulted in me .... tadah...)

But the next morning he left without saying where he was going and she did not see him again until sometime in August 1945 when he returned injured.

I do know that active fighting was going on in the area where Mr. ORiley and my Dad were trying to make that rendezvous. I have also learned from Mr. Twigsnapper that the tank commander ( German) who actually and oddly saved my Dads life, was part of a unit that was tasked with keeping a certain road clear and communications up between that point and Berlin. Of course the Russians were closing in at that time so I am sure it was all relative chaos. A wonderful story in itself that I hope someday will be told. I have often wondered who the scientist was that they were trying to get handed off and away to the Allies ( or to the small group that Dad represented ... which I am sure was Caroline based at its core.) I have wondered why he was so important.... why Miethe was second on the list and had to be located later ... why a German tank officer would co ordinate this handoff and who he was actually. I have gotten the impression from Mr. Twigsnapper that some of the officers involved in that action were Caroline members on the other side. Just very complicated without knowing everything.

Just as our story is, but the more we uncover the more we will understand.
Does that help? Linda
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Rose wrote:Was this scientist the originating impetus for Dr. Brown's clandestine jump behind the lines? I presume that mission was, overtly at at least, sponsored by the O.S.S.

Anyway, I have wondered what the exact time frame of that mission was? Do you remember?

rose

rose
First of all rose, I used to stutter a tiny bit as a kid, brain going to fast or something at times, never mind...<g>

Spring 1945, things weren't quite green except for the firs and pines and mud. Being in Germany myself, thanks to Uncle Sam, I would render a guess of March?

Just me guessing,

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

Mikado...haven't you ever heard of the rare double rose? <g>

FDR died on April 12, Hitler on April 30. If Josephine knew that Townsend was leaving the next day,the evening of the 12th would have been a doubly poignant time for the two of them. (But Imagine his surprise and delight when he returned in August to find Josephine expecting again!)

The German armies surrendered on May 7, 8, and 11th, depending on which front they were fighting, so yes, the German spring would have been in process then. Much like those I remember from Ann Arbor, I imagine, with late, wet snow storms still possible at any time.

Linda, It seems to me that the Carolines were everywhere in those days. I remember Mr. Twigsnapper's story of how Sarbacher and Van Luck were recruited as young men on tour in Italy.

Ironically, one of the names now most associated with Miethe is the Italian turbine expert, Belluzo, but we know that he survived the war:"Belluzo seems to have led a quiet life in Italy until his death on 5/22/52. Unlike Miethe, however, Belluzzo went on record about German flying discs after the war. He is quoted on the subject in The Mirror, a major Los Angeles newspaper in 1950. This may be the first mention of the subject in the American press. In his obituary in the New York Times his work on the German saucer program is mentioned." (Stevens).

Stevens in the final chapter of HTLER'S FLYING SAUCERS also says:

These are the stories of saucer designers of which we know something. There were others of which we have completely lost track. Otto Habermohl is one of these. Habermohl was presumed captured by the Soviets. This presumption seems to be solely based on the fact that he disappeared after the capture of Prag.
http://www.missilegate.com/rfz/chapter7.htm

However, from what i can glean about Habermohl in Chapter 3, he doesn't seem to be a likely candidate for the mysterious German, although some of the others mentioned there might be good possibilities. http://www.missilegate.com/rfz/chapter3d.htm

rose
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.