Epilogue: The Sound of Time

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

because its time

Post by Linda Brown »

Langley,

The only reason that makes any sense to me as far as its availability ( to you) right now ... is " because its time"

The Russian connection doesn't amaze me all that much, considering the red headed kids ability to get around.

And you have uncovered possibily a cooperation which was happening between this country and Russia which would never have been public. I always considered that there was sort of a "hand off" to the Air Force. ( Those were the " Brass" that I remember seeing. But perhaps there was something else going on also? A joint operation with the Russians? Now that boggles me a bit.

In 1961 some very strange things were happening around my family. We had moved to Meadville, Pa where I remember watching a demonstration ( with Brass involved) of the " flame jet generator" . In January of 1962 Dad had that meeting which is mentioned in Charles Millers daybook ( which Dad later took over as his own.) That, in fact was the first time that Charles entered our lives and I have always wondered just why. Thats the point in time that "Nassau" is mentioned. A month later Mother, Dad , Charles and myself and my cat Hiedi boarded the Bahama Star... bound for Nassau. Hows thats for fast?

Much here. And you, I think have hit a Motherlode. Thankyou so much. Linda
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: information threaded

Post by Paul S. »

Langley wrote: Personal Author(s) : MOSKVITIN,A.I.

Report Date : 03 MAY 1961

Abstract : An electric current jet flame generator is briefly described, and several modifications to the basic design are mentioned.
Jeez, Langley, I owe you a gift certificate to some ice cream bar in OZ.

You just happened on that in a random query, or were you looking for something in particular and that popped up instead?

I'm trying to keep up with you all now... the teacher has once again become the student. Ajax... Falcon... I see Bussard's name came up, and I don't have to tell you all what pursuit he devoted his life to: fusion.

BTW, it was interesting to read in that Bussard obit that Twigsnapper sent us the quotes from Robert Hirsch. That fusor patent that showed up in Dr. Brown's files was actually for a version of the Farnsworth fusor I call the "Hirsch/Meeks Variation." Hirsch worked in Farnsworth's fusion lab before it was closed down in the mid-60s.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Radomir
Senior Cadet

interesting indeed

Post by Radomir »

BTW, it was interesting to read in that Bussard obit that Twigsnapper sent us the quotes from Robert Hirsch. That fusor patent that showed up in Dr. Brown's files was actually for a version of the Farnsworth fusor I call the "Hirsch/Meeks Variation." Hirsch worked in Farnsworth's fusion lab before it was closed down in the mid-60s.
That is indeed interesting, what an important link.

R.
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: information threaded

Post by Langley »

Paul S. wrote:
Langley wrote: Personal Author(s) : MOSKVITIN,A.I.

Jeez, Langley, I owe you a gift certificate to some ice cream bar in OZ.

You just happened on that in a random query, or were you looking for something in particular and that popped up instead?
--PS
Hi Paul. Well, first Ill share with everyone exactly where I was:
http://www.dtic.mil/
Thats the search page.
When Falcon came up here, I went to the search page and typed in
"Townsend Brown". That got

1. Force on an Asymmetric Capacitor
...toward the smaller electrode (Biefeld-Brown effect). We have verified this effect...through the history of patents by Thomas Townsend Brown. At present, the physical basis for the Biefeld-Brown effect is not understood. The order of...
http://stinet.dtic.mil/oai/oai?&verb=ge ... =ADA416740
- 1.868k - Similiar pages

Then last night I though OK theres got to be more on this Ajax Falcon stuff
that folds back to Dr Brown. I mean with the Russian stuff in Ajax being so
similar to some of the Falcon stuff, Im thinking the "Myth of Progress" - the penchant authorities have for creating a disconnect with history to make it seem stuff pops up not cause of years of development but because these days we're so modern Experts can originate out of thin air - (on of my theories) - so I typed in various things - ions of course is two general, I tried B2 bomber ion drive, would have been sweet but darn (the nerd in me is an eternal optimist) ..then I tried flame jet generator and up she popped.

But na, its the info available by the folks at dtic that makes it possible.
Its amazing. Getting stuff out of the Australian archives is impossible compared. Ive known ASIO to follow reseasrchers, when they find something, and say to the archivists I want this, the archivist goes to get it and come saying "Sorry it was culled 1/2 hour after you came yesterday".

And considering I was ignorant about all this stuff until I read your book and everyone in forum, p, Im just scrapping the surface. Far as I can see,
this is all a definitive work and its really important as a study of science in society and the impact that has on innovators and their families.

A team of 12 sociologists would have a life times employment studying it.

The fusion connection is mind boggling. Out of my knowledge base. I need to read up on that. Seems to me that these really cutting edge originators
are sort kept separate, kept apart, almost like artists in garrets, and yet
they magically cross pollenate, but only at crucial junctures. Is it sociological, psychological, or spritiual or all of that and more.

The really really weird thing is that I was looking for a fold back loop to
Dr Brown, and what is thrown up instead is a fold back to the Russians!.

And the document isnt linked. May well be because it isnt an online publication and the best copy jpg of it would look like hell and hog space.
But it would be something to behold.

It might not be a concious thing, but why hide Dr Brown's work all that time and have it marked by a Russian entry? And one has to know what we know now, to see it. Like if a chimp typed in "flame jet generator", the chimp would merely think, oh well no point inventing that, the Russians have the patent and leave it at that.
Last edited by Langley on Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: because its time

Post by Langley »

Linda Brown wrote:Langley,

The only reason that makes any sense to me as far as its availability ( to you) right now ... is " because its time"

The Russian connection doesn't amaze me all that much, considering the red headed kids ability to get around.

And you have uncovered possibily a cooperation which was happening between this country and Russia which would never have been public. I always considered that there was sort of a "hand off" to the Air Force. ( Those were the " Brass" that I remember seeing. But perhaps there was something else going on also? A joint operation with the Russians? Now that boggles me a bit.

In 1961 some very strange things were happening around my family. We had moved to Meadville, Pa where I remember watching a demonstration ( with Brass involved) of the " flame jet generator" . In January of 1962 Dad had that meeting which is mentioned in Charles Millers daybook ( which Dad later took over as his own.) That, in fact was the first time that Charles entered our lives and I have always wondered just why. Thats the point in time that "Nassau" is mentioned. A month later Mother, Dad , Charles and myself and my cat Hiedi boarded the Bahama Star... bound for Nassau. Hows thats for fast?

Much here. And you, I think have hit a Motherlode. Thankyou so much. Linda
Hi Linda, was Kennedy in in 1961? The Limited Test Ban Treaty - was he on about that before 1962? I know the USSR was apparently quite happy to go alone with it, and there must have been some earlier touchy feelies about it before it hit surface. There were cultural and scientific exchanges between East and West throughout, culminating in joint things later eg Sagan and his Russian mate on the nuclear winter thing, which is one I am aware of.

If part of the LTBT was verification and enablement of that (like Ike's Open Skies Policy) and it meant each side could access and see other sites, each would become aware of other stuff as well. And such technical exchange would be to ensure misunderstandings and misidentifications didnt occur.
Like the Russians might disclose ion based technology to ensure the aircraft using plasma sheath technology didnt raise concerns during verification and vice versa. ("Oh yea, thats cool we've got them as well. How'd you get yours - from a cleaner at Pearl Harbor, yea we no about that. Dont do it again or we'll nuke you". )

I havent the foggiest really about the how and whys, but theyve both got the same stuff . somehow. The LTBT might have been part of the Program
regardless of who was President.
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

I don't know why, but I landed in latvia.
can't make head nor tail of what they are waffling about, maybe someone can?
http://home.lanet.lv/~asi/en/Final_10.doc
kevin
fibonacci is king
Trickfox
The Magician

Ever play American Baseball

Post by Trickfox »

Kevin....
you know about American baseball don't you?

well that last link was a home run out of the ballpark... thanks

Trickfox
Langley
Senior Officer

well Ill be.

Post by Langley »

Geoff sent me these links. Thx. They are worth are read. in one of them there is
a link to a New Scientist article which says "TO LOOK at, the test vehicle suspended in the hypersonic wind tunnel is little more than a cone. But inside is a small device that could revolutionise the way aircraft fly, saving fuel and heralding a new age of travel. It's a generator that sends a beam of microwaves upstream into the Mach 6 flow, ripping apart the gas ahead of the model so that it is flying through a plasma-a boiling mix of positive ions and electrons-rather than ordinary gas.

The experiment, at NASA's Langley Research Center in Hampton, Virginia, tests a ground-breaking idea developed by Russian researchers during the Cold War. They discovered that injecting a few ions into the flow around a high-speed craft can dramatically reduce the drag it experiences. With less drag, supersonic airliners might become economically viable, while hypersonic missiles and aircraft flying at more than five times the speed of sound could travel ..."

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/002278.html

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/002286.html

http://www.spacedaily.com/news/future-00o.html

Even if its been found before by some, still good food for thought.

Why credit the Russians with so much? Why push the time frame
forward?

Myth of Progress? Couldnt have been figured in 1920 something could it
now?

I mean we have seen here evidence, proof, that the concept is yonks old
and was originated from and by TT Brown. IMO anyway.
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

kevin.b wrote:I don't know why, but I landed in latvia.
can't make head nor tail of what they are waffling about, maybe someone can?
http://home.lanet.lv/~asi/en/Final_10.doc
kevin
Its beyond me, however, its tantalizing.

Riga. Remember when its Soviet Radio tower pumped out so much
juice that silver did a Huchtinson? The Woodpecker. Cant at the moment
find anything from conventional authorities on it but

http://twm.co.nz/wxwar.html
http://www.geocities.com/ozgurlukpro/th ... ntrol.html

those were just two sites which mention Riga.

Something mighty powerful, so powerful many authorities wondered why
the Soviets were pumping so much juice, much more than required
for radio transmission, and what effects it was going to have. Can clearly remember that. And of course the people living there would notice local effects. There was another big transmitter pumping up awesome amounts of juice, it used to drown out other adjacent stations a lot when I listened here. (no big deal in itself but boy you could tell you had the woodpecker).
Just a thought about Riga. the name of the other place, I forget. In the central asian republics it was.

"Greetings from Radio Moscow, to all the looovely peopless all over the world." "there is no unemployment in USSR. In Washington it is 10%. "
the good old days. When Yeltsin got in, Radio Moscow started asking for donations.
Hardly worth burning goodness knows how much juice for.
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

The little hairs on my neck are standing up and I am tingling with excitement! First to Linda, I worked the racing circuit in New Jersey and do remember an owner named Linda Brown. Although the age and time would be close, I am sure that it was not you. No, earlier times when I frequented Rittenhouse Square during the hippie years, is the time frame when you lived at the Drake.

Perhaps when the time comes we will have the opportunity to converse at length about days in Philadelphia and again in Florida, where I was drawn for reasons of the horse. I worked there at Hialeah, Gulfstream, and Tropical Park in Coral Gables.

I also lived and worked at the George D. Widener Erdenheim Estate and took a filly to Devon for a trainer that wanted to sell her at auction. I went to get her to jump a small fence as she had never jumped before. We got it eight and everyone got what they wanted.

In looking at the difference in Dr. Brown's propulsion from his capacitors there is a point where the physics leaves that of ionic wind and taps into that elusive ZPE or aetheric energy. To Relativity Fundamentalists, the fact that Einstein does not consider this medium in his theories of relativity as an indication of its nonexistence, but neither Einstein nor any classical physics can explain the proven over unity energy anomalies when dealing with particularly high voltages at frequencies above 100kHz.

Dr. Brown's work with plasma jet discharge was utilized to both provide additional thrust by utilizing unburned hydrocarbons with a high energy ion discharge to boost the propulsion and reduce the wasted fuel. And generating the leading edge reduced the shock and radar signatures. I think this technology far predates the Stealth Fighter and Bomber and may have been used on the SR-71 if not deployed in all, at least tested and used for "special" flight missions.

J. L. Naudin did not produce the same device that Dr. Brown did. The ion breeze device does not tap into the aetheric energy, it is still using the atmospheric displacement to achieve thrust. The counter-spinning disks (or coils wound to mimic the physical actions of particles) provided the magnetic bottle to contain the electromagnetic energy and "aim" it to provide thrust according to the experiments and demonstrations of Dr. Brown. His presumptions and conclusions were based on reversing the effect of gravity, and moving the air without a fan's blades.

Without proper instruments I have been only able to work some crude experiments in a garage, but I am certain that we are onto something. After reading Harold Aspden's books, lectures and notes, it occurred that I may now have mathematics to provide at least initial references on how this may actual work within the quantum framework that eludes the theorists of mainstream science. The amount of thrust obtained in some experiments clearly indicates that ions displacing atmosphere alone cannot explain the energy displayed.

Now it is time to grind some fresh coffee beans and brew!

Ciao 4 now,

Fred
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

transferred to Russia?/ and back , with love?

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Just trying to keep up with you guys, and it aint easy!

Langley you said "The experiment, at NASA's Langley Research Center in Hampton, Virginia, tests a ground-breaking idea developed by Russian researchers during the Cold War. They discovered that injecting a few ions into the flow around a high-speed craft can dramatically reduce the drag it experiences. With less drag, supersonic airliners might become economically viable, while hypersonic missiles and aircraft flying at more than five times the speed of sound could travel ..."

An idea developed around the Cold War?

Dr. Brown had that problem with a mole at Pearl but I don't remember anything called any sort of "generator" being mentioned. So when was the first time that he mentioned a " flame jet generator"? Well, maybe 1958? Or so? Just about the time that he " stopped writing" in his lab notebooks?

So was a " flame jet generator" ever mentioned in the notebooks that were left behind? and if the idea wasn't? What does THAT mean?

My impression here is that you are looking straight at the Russian face of the Caroline Group here. Motoring right along with their development, heck with the politics of each country. What I think. So was it the Russian influence that made Dr. Brown sink beneath the radar and out of Pauls book from 1958-1967. Odd to me that the " red headed kid" who happened to speak such fluent Russian " happened" to sort of make his major decision to " step onboard" in .... ta dummmm.... 1967.

And to step even further out on the speculation tree limb. Communication then between Morgan and the Russian group .... handled .... remotely? Is that what Morgan was being trained to do ... simply communicate with other "Remote Viewers" being developed there? Is that how the Caroline Group kept their messages secure?

Somebody tell me that it makes no sense. Remember the CIA program at SRI. (years later). Why did they step in that direction? Because they were convinced that the Russians were already doing it and they didn't want to be left behind.

So besides all of this other technical stuff you have to consider this too. Sheeze Louise. MarkC
James Barrett

tock, tock, tock, tock

Post by James Barrett »

Might consider this statement:

http://www.geocities.com/ozgurlukpro/th ... ntrol.html

"The frequent changes in the characteristics of the transmitted pulse, as well as the frequency of the transmission, suggested to some that it was used for remote control or telemetry. However intelligence gathered by the Defense Intelligence Agency showed that the 'Woodpecker' was the Soviet Union's first attempt to develop over-the-horizon-radar (OTHR). The first radar site was constructed in 1975. Shop tests were begun and were conducted for several years. It turned out that the electromagnetic signal was being attenuated while passing through the Polar Ionosphere. Of ten missiles launched, the radar could only guarantee detection of some. 'Woodpecker' was the brainchild of F. Kuzminskiy, the chief designer, who later became the Director of NII (Scientific Research Institute). An internal power struggle between Kuzminskiy and Vladimir Ivanovich Markov, a Technical Scieence Advisor, brought the project to a halt. Despite apparently solving the system's problems, Kuzminskiy was unable to obtain the backing of the Soviet regime and his system was never completed."

Don't know why you looked toward Latvia Kevin but I think that Langley will agree that it was fruitful. Me too. Stuff going on here I think.

James
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: tock, tock, tock, tock

Post by Langley »

Fred Kevin and Mark. Awesome.

Something is happening here, I dont have a good big picture.

All I can say is, everything I checked out from Paul's book
is supported by conventional sources and its errie in the way
it is. This is all very concrete, real. True.

As to the big picture, I only know what Im taught.

That post about the Cold War was a quote from New Scientist.
I forgot the quote marks.

I've been dumbfounded for hours now.

The Russian Caroline. Makes sense. Boggling.

Remote viewing. I know that to work. Major Karen Jansen
in Iraq and Ingo Swann in the US.
Morgan a viewer makes perfect sense.

The way the searches keep hitting. Goggles never been that good.
Its uncanny. Like the Cesium thing. Never heard of a Cesium discrepancy
in ratio to Strontium. But its there. Good grief. Speechless.
James Barrett

What makes it fun

Post by James Barrett »

Thats what makes reading Pauls book so outstanding. Because you can pick any part of it and run off to libraries or your computer and it all checks out. All solid, all true. And thats boggling ,as you said.

I have a theory about your two main characters Paul. (Morgan and Linda )and I wondered if you could say if you felt this idea might have some possibilities.

Morgan and Linda first met in the library of their highschool, right?. He makes some sort of comment about noticing how she is reaching out to touch the books. And he noticed her because of that for some reason. ... maybe there were other reasons but Paul mentions that he noticed her touching each book and that held his interest.

Well, maybe here is the reason. Maybe, just maybe, Linda knew what its like to get information from sources by just " touching the books". AM, you said you went to the library and the books just found you! What is it like to have books simply present themselves in the search for information. To be able to draw information from intuition alone?

Maybe Linda knows what its like to walk the aisles of a library and be able to pick a book, put her hand on a certain page and " happen" to find the exact information she was searching for?

Now some of you will say thats nuts. But I know of some also who do that consistantly. Some of them I know to be remote viewers, though they never mention their "career"

Perhaps thats what initially drew Morgan to her, because he could see that she had some sort of heightened awareness . And he recognized it in her because he harbored the same trait himself?

Whats that like? to be able to get information like that. Not through conventional sources? I ask, because I see some of you doing it! James
Geoff
Space Cadet

Love in the Library

Post by Geoff »

James,
Really nice thought. I would love to be able to say I just happened to be listening to ‘Love in the Library’ (by you know who) as I read your post, but I wasn’t – I was listening to it last night.
Geoff