Chapter 77: Strike Another Match

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Leaving aside for the TIME been what may come down?
I thought the attraction between two people came through Pauls writing very clearly.
I would ask , what happens to us when we fall in love?
Why does every cell in ourselves just want to be with the other person?
here you have San Francisco in the middle of the flower power times, and yet Linda B, is oblivious to all, only intent on spotting morgan.

we are not yet been told of morgans feelings in all of this, but I suspect He must have been struggling to shake off his feelings , otherwise how would he cope in the world he was entering?
Just what happens to us, what alteration in our physical and mental systems occurs?
As for the ending of this last chapter, I was that soldier once, very similer .
I was trying to pull away from someone I loved, not because I wanted to, but life and commitments demand some times.
I kept away from the lady for two weeks, telling her I had to travel to another area of England, I didn't, it was horrendous, I just wanted to be with her.
We met up in a pub , and I told her what had happened, in my sagittarious way, She simply poured my drink all over my head, and very classily walked out.
I followed her outside, and we both just fell about laughing, I looked the fool I was.
She said "Lets go back to my place and get you out of those wet clothes"
Neither of us made it through the hallway with any clothes left on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyCn3ENm_Us
EHD, thats Sinead O,conner, with nothing compares.
kevin
fibonacci is king
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Sagittarious Way

Post by twigsnapper »

Thank you so much Kevin for absolutely starting my day off on a good note.

I have been quiet for the last few days because actually there is not much that I can add to the chapter that Paul has written. It, (as MarkC has pointed out) stands very well on its own.

But you are right here kevin. We don't really know what Morgan was thinking up to this point. We see Linda searching. (Much to the consternation of her perhaps more reality- based room mate.) Tula was the one who saw things as were presented ,I believe. She seemed not interested into probing into further layers and wouldn't have bothered with the onion skin scenario. The fellow was gone. He hadn't made plans for the future for the two of them together so in her eyes Linda was just lovestruck and needed to " get over it."

Its sad to me to see this happening because I think that Tula really cared for Linda and wanted the best for her and its obvious that she felt that Morgan represented only heartache. And maybe she was right.

I loved your story. Been there. Wouldn't have missed it, my version..... er ..... versions .......

And I agree with you. I hope that Paul has been given more of " Morgans side of it" We need to hear that side of it because I believe that its almost time to learn what was happening in Morgans head during all of this.

And I notice that Elizabeth is being quiet?

Thankyou again kevin for that story. twigsnapper
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Sagittarious ways ... two

Post by twigsnapper »

I do love that phrase kevin and I actually think that I understand it.

Sagittarious ways.

Dr. Brown was a Pisces, you can see that rather easily. Linda and Morgan both born in December.

answering some questions here brought up by Griffin which might help the understanding of others.

This meeting at Odlums proceeded on SEVERAL LEVELS ... all of them important. But you can divine the different levels by the participants. Guests invited for a reason and what you have gathered here are men involved in the security of the United States against threats presented. You are aware of some of those in attendence and Langley has given you a very good overview of some of the subjects at hand.

Pauls major and horrendous challenge is to present the life story of this one man and his family. It has that focus but the one thing that one must remember in a study of this mans character is that he was quite capable of spinning many plates on the end of many long sticks. And keep them all going and all balanced. No one else could have provided that sort of ability. And most people would never even guess that he had that sort of role.

So if you are interested in a nuclear threat and the history behind it. watch that one plate. If you are interested in investigating various UFO reports at the time ..... watch another plate. Communications ... spycraft .... another plate.

Who else would be important enough to be sought out by Iron Pants LeMay himself? And Griffin. Look carefully at your cast of characters through your own research. What does that look like to you. What would those men have been talking about in the week that followed?

I believe that Dr. Brown had a specific reason for inviting you to Catalina and then walking you, walking you, walking you. He enjoyed doing that. It was his calling card and his daughter does very much the same thing.

Dr. Brown already knew what your role was going to be in the future. Might be tough to understand that. Paul has had moments of seeing that and I expect you will too in the future.

But getting back to the story at hand, The fan was sort of like Tulas vision of the relationship between Morgan and Linda. She didn't see the half of it. twigsnapper
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

MrTwigsnapper,
Thank you for ending my day on such a good note ( TIME difference)
I am ridiculed by many often, not often am I understood.
I took my son to see INXS, an Australian band in Sheffield, sinead O'conner was a support act, before she recorded that song.
the Yorkshire crowd gave her so much stick, calling her baldy and all sorts, that irish girl gave them it back with interest, calling them names that would make any docker blush.
I had only eyes for her, what a girl.

My son is a pisces, head full of music, very bright, He's 34 and still at university, I am 58 and still at school.
kevin
fibonacci is king
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Sinead

Post by greggvizza »

kevin.b wrote:I took my son to see INXS, an Australian band in Sheffield, sinead O'conner was a support act, before she recorded that song.
the Yorkshire crowd gave her so much stick, calling her baldy and all sorts, that irish girl gave them it back with interest, calling them names that would make any docker blush.
I had only eyes for her, what a girl.
kevin
Sinead is such an enigma. She is such a terror in public, but when there’s no audience or cameras she is the most gentle sensitive polite courteous person. She was on a multi-band tour with Peter Gabriel and a bunch of other bands, and Peter was scheduled to record a vocal track at my studio. Sinead - I suppose was board - being in a foreign town with nothing to do - so she came along to the studio. She didn’t have to sing, so she just hung out all day in the studio lounge. I couldn’t believe what a nice person she was. Nicer than most of all our customers that we dealt with daily. Most artists are nice on TV and nasty in person; being very rude and condescending to the staff. She was the opposite, nasty on TV and polite to everyone in person. I sort of felt like, “don’t worry Sinead, I wont ruin your reputation by telling everyone that you are a sensitive gentle polite and courteous person by nature".

The enigma is that I can’t see her as faking either one.

GV
Last edited by greggvizza on Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

two sides, both true

Post by Mark Culpepper »

A very interesting account Gregg. Showing how completely possible it is to be two different types of person in the same skin and yet both are equally valid. It stretches the brain sometimes thinking that such a thing is possible but its almost the ulitmate in the either/or situation. Its Both .... or neither ( maybe both her good side and her poor side are simply acts?) or choices not even mentioned.

I expect that we can even see that demonstrated in the characters that Paul is writing about. I adore Linda Brown. Telling you that right now. I had the honor of meeting her when she went WAY out of her way to personally help Lisa with a problem horse. She seems quiet, unassuming, soft spoken, From what I observed and from what I am gathering too from what Paul has written she neither drinks nor smokes. And I doubt swears.

Yet ...... I think that she is a passionate person and I would tend to believe that in her youth ..... some of that ladylike behavior might have been left far, far behind. Waiting for the next chapter but I believe that I pretty much know what her answer to Morgans question was.

And Morgan? In her company I know that he must have been a love struck fool. Out of her company I have a feeling he might have been a very dangerous man in a rough world. MarkC
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Mark Culpepper,
I hope one day to meet the lovely lady Linda.
You therefore have the advantage and benefit, but I sense I know her well already.
More than one person in a body, so whats a person?
Is our body a whole , or a temporary temple, and can more than one occupy that same temple together?
If the part of ourselves that is lets say fluid , could occupy another for certain TIME spans, then the origonal may suddenly KNOW many things all at once.
And if the fluid part kept occupying body after body through time, you may find that there suddenly appears a unique person who seems to be almost superhuman, able to do many things really wonderfully?
I reckon you could produce a list of such people through TIME.

Could you cope with thinking that another life was occupying somewhere within you?
Women do when they are pregnant, though we think of them as seperate beings.
This all comes down to what is physical, and what is something else.
The vicar that walks past my door daily , almost runs from me now, I keep asking her "where has the holy ghost gone"
The church has sort of replaced it with the spirit.
She tells me that the spirit is within all of us constantly, which I can agree with, as I find something is within everything all of the TIME , but it varies daily , especially morning and evening, and I can wander along with it, sensing it smiles at me.
Kevin
fibonacci is king