Chapter 68: A New Age of Speed and Power

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
James Barrett

Re: Chapter 68: A New Age of Speed and Power

Post by James Barrett »

htmagic,

Its true enough, evil prospers when good people do nothing.

Problem as I see it is that many people do not know who they are, or even if they have responsibilities. They look in a mirror just fine. They see thier own reflection just the same, same face, all is fine with the world. Good? What the hell is that? What the hell is that? Thats not something that stares back from the mirror. It has no face.

So for some Its much easier to stand back and let the world happen around them because they can not figure out that particular problem. When you say " Good People" they probably don't even know that they qualify for the job in the first place. And that they have a job to do. Its all to difficult to figure.

There is a division here. Some people look in the mirror and recognize what is there and recognize that they have a job to do. After that revelation most of the time the difficult part of it is " What can I do?" and " Do I have enough time and strength in this life to do it?"

But for many others, as long as they do not know what "good" is .... can not recognize it when it rears up and stares them in the face ... then they are off the hook? (Well maybe its just a curiosity the person in the mirror might say. You know, one of those wierd trips down a rabbit hole. There is nothing really there to be seen! Mystical nonsense.).

So because its a difficulty, (Maybe that "goodness" will go away if they just stop having to deal with it or refuse repeatedly to take the effort and the responsibility to see it.).....but then hello! That leaves this hole in the fabric and who knows what might step through that.

And suddenly we are back to the old " when good people do nothing". Its not that " good people did nothing" its more that " not enough good people did something." James
JZimmer
Deputy SysAdmin

Post by JZimmer »

Hi Everyone!

I guess I must wonder what the heck is going on? Since this issue with AM, it's like someone threw a bomb into the middle of the room and the group of people that have been together here and friends for a long time are running in all directions and leaving the dead and dying laying without trying to help them.

As Linda Brown said to me, does anyone here see what is happening? I know that I have never been really active on the forums, but I watch. Now I see people that should be sticking together and helping each other, well.. Loosing it.

Mikado, you have been one of the staunchest supporters of Paul, Linda and Mr. Twigsnapper, and you are very much needed here. I have had a post removed by Paul, and I went to him and asked why. I did not agree with him, but I still respect his thoughts and motives and just agreed to disagree on the issue.

James, I for example look in the mirror every day and my eyes are open because I want and need to see clearly not only myself, but those around me as well. I have "good intentions" and thoughts and strive to do what is right. But, some days I look in the mirror and don't like what I see because I was part of some event or issue where I see that I was the cause of all the problems as a result of a careless statement, or worse letting my personal feelings cause me to do or say things that I should not have done or said.

Yet, I still look at that person in the mirror and know that the core person is the same, and that I am human and make mistakes, and I realize that that person just needs to get a bit wiser and older and strive to be what I have determined I am.

I think that many people are that way, but we are human and it is easy to loose our way and sometimes very, very hard to look in that mirror and see something that we don't want to see. So, at the risk of saying something wrong again, I would ask all of us who really care here to look in that mirror and see the small part of us that has not helped keep us as a unified group.

I think that we ARE a good group of people, and at the risk of Mikado posting to me again the words "Is that a challenge :) ", I would rather not be proven wrong here.

Last, Linda Brown... you are a wonderful and good person and I know that you believe in what you are doing! I have all my life stood up for what I know is right no matter the cost to me, and it is a very hard thing to do. Have faith in yourself and those around you and understand that sometimes we all have our doubts and fears and that is a very human thing, but unfortunately we sometimes do a very poor job of expressing those feelings to others. This leads us to sometimes say things that we regret later and wish and know that we could have done a better at expressing what is bothering us.

I truly believe that anyone that had been here for a long time wants you to realize your goals and help you put your fathers accomplishments and sacrifices where they belong; in the history books along with many other great men who have sacrificed their friends and family for what they believe is right.

Maybe I am a hopeless romantic, but I can look in that mirror... Lets help each other see what we are and make us all better humans for it.

Jim
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: For The Record

Post by Mikado14 »

I did not go into the details and this requires a little more. Therefore, I post once more.
Paul S. wrote:
Mikado14 wrote:To the forum. Be careful what links you post even if it is information. We are being censored.
My side of the story:

Mikado posted a reply to this thread, and in it a link that encroached on the privacy of a family that is going through a very difficult time right now. I asked via e-mail (and phone) if they wanted the post removed.

So, let's see if I have this correct, they did not contact you, you contacted them, Ok, got it.

I corresponded with Mikado, and asked him to remove the post, or at least the link. (Let's see: sender <[email protected]>);Tue, 20 May 2008 15:42:23 -0700 (PDT) That is when the request was sent.

Somewhere within the intervals involved, messages crossed in the ether. When I received another message from the family in question last night asking me to remove the post, I complied with their request. I did not see that Mikado had removed the link, and did not receive a message from him saying "already done" until the following morning -- AFTER I had deleted the post, per the family's request. Let's look at this. I have this task I perform everyday, I take this card at approximately 11:30 AM EDT and drop it into this clock and then any where from 9PM or later, I repeat the process. I checked my Emails at about 10:40PM and read the forums and decided to post the change in the morning. I performed the edit between 10 and 10:30 on Wednesday morning and then wrote Paul an Email that was sent at: Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 10:46:20 -0500 to confirm that I changed it. Furthermore, I added an edit explaining why the link was erased. There is no way you complied with their request on Tuesday evening for the post was there on Wednesday morning for I edited it! I suppose I should get one of those devices to check my Email all day long but hey, my money is going into something else far more valuable. I am not a g*d damned prevaricator, I changed it on Wednesday morning, it was there! You had to have deleted after 10:30 AM on Wednesday morning.

If this attempt to judiciously respect a family's privacy in a public forum constitutes censorship, well, then, guilty as charged. Well then, justice has been served but perhaps they need to contact the source to have the link removed. All I did was reference it.

I do not think I have ever been capricious, malicious, or censorial in the exercise of my responsibility as administrator of this site. I'm sorry if others feel differently, but, hey, I'm certainly not going to censor those feelings.

Some weeks ya just can't do anything right. But that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. And I will take no more chances to have any posts "judiciously" edited or deleted on nothing more than an Internet link.

--PS

One more thing, to the Cornellon family. I did edit the link out of the post for I am not a heartless bastard but my advice to you is that if you do not wish this than you should contact the individual who controls the site where it is located. I wish the best to your family and this will not be repeated, at least from Mikado.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

James Barrett wrote:htmagic,

Its true enough, evil prospers when good people do nothing.

<SNIP>

So for some Its much easier to stand back and let the world happen around them because they can not figure out that particular problem. When you say " Good People" they probably don't even know that they qualify for the job in the first place. And that they have a job to do. Its all to difficult to figure.

True enough. That's why it is a daily task...

There is a division here. Some people look in the mirror and recognize what is there and recognize that they have a job to do. After that revelation most of the time the difficult part of it is " What can I do?" and " Do I have enough time and strength in this life to do it?"

But for many others, as long as they do not know what "good" is .... can not recognize it when it rears up and stares them in the face ... then they are off the hook? (Well maybe its just a curiosity the person in the mirror might say. You know, one of those wierd trips down a rabbit hole. There is nothing really there to be seen! Mystical nonsense.).

And that's where the vision comes in. Kevin says the Muslims pray at least 3 times a day. If they pray hard enough, they will make it reality. Maybe that's what we need to do... I'm not saying turn into a reiligous fanatic but if everyone focused on a common goal (free energy, time travel, or something...) and put their efforts into it, it would become reality...

So because its a difficulty, (Maybe that "goodness" will go away if they just stop having to deal with it or refuse repeatedly to take the effort and the responsibility to see it.).....but then hello! That leaves this hole in the fabric and who knows what might step through that.

And suddenly we are back to the old " when good people do nothing". Its not that " good people did nothing" its more that " not enough good people did something." James
James,

I agree with what you state. Except for the last statement. One person DID make a difference. And we still honor Him over 2000 years later...

Take care,

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Post by twigsnapper »

And I was raised to agree with you totally MagicBill. To honor Him and his Mother too. But I don't think that was the person that James was speaking about when he mentioned looking in the mirror. In my experience it might have been the everyday man or woman. Like the thousands who looked in the mirror after an evening of listening to the rhetoric spewed out by Hitler. Or the people who .... well, once you have been there its easy to see the scenario again... and again and again.

What about now today. See it today in various forms? That ability to not see that your face actually can count for something? The ability to see no connection? Thats what I believe he meant.

I have seen much evil done in His name and by people wearing his robes. Something to remember in all of the religions. The ability to look upon people as less than human has been a historical and wide ranging problem. But everybody really already knows that. twigsnapper
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Mikado 14,
I am a Yorkshire man, not too often do we heap praise upon others, but you deserve ,and have gained my respect.
You question, investigate and input valuable , informative information with an honesty and straight forwardness that could give you a pass into Yorkshire.
There is a saying,
There's now't wrong wi reet folk, and thee be allreet.
That saying fits YOU.
Don't you dare run off with your bat and ball, this band of diverse friends has lost one of its best already with flow.
Thank fully none of this team seem to be perfect, they all are doing what they hope is right and for the best, you have kept me on a better and straighter pathway , when it was needed, thank you,
and in the confidence of your quality, look forward to your continued and highly valued contributions.
kevin
fibonacci is king
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

twigsnapper wrote:<SNIP>
What about now today. See it today in various forms? That ability to not see that your face actually can count for something? The ability to see no connection? Thats what I believe he meant.

Yes, I do agree with you and that's what I figured he meant by that. I guess they feel helpless and you can think that way if you feel "alone". But as Kevin has stated before, we're all "connected" by "stuff".

I have seen much evil done in His name and by people wearing his robes. Something to remember in all of the religions. The ability to look upon people as less than human has been a historical and wide ranging problem. But everybody really already knows that. twigsnapper
Mr. Twigsnapper,

Yes, look at the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition. And we see forms of it today as you stated. I guess that is why I am so fascinated with history so as to not make the same mistakes that happened in the past.
George Santayana wrote:Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Now talk about history repeating itself, look at the Book of Revelation... And I saw a link on the ttbrown front page that lead me here: http://the-end.com/2008GodsFinalWitness ... itness.pdf :!:

May the FORCE be with you and have a magical day!

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Re: For The Record

Post by Radomir »

[quote="Mikado14"]I did not go into the details and this requires a little more. Therefore, I post once more.

Don't you be a stranger, Mr. M. You've set too high a standard to stay away for long.

Warmly,
R.
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

No, no Mikado. Don't leave. Take the time away that you might need. We all understand that. But do not cut away entirely. This forum needs you here to sort of balance one corner! We need your solid comments and your expectations for us to be able to restate solidly what we have only envisioned. This is a tough road for all of us . Please stay with us, as you can! Linda
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Stuff

Post by FM No Static At All »

Mr. Mikado,
I agree with Linda in that you are an inspiration, and your valuable input is most welcome, certainly by me as you have questioned my posts and allowed me to look at sources and credibilities with more scrutiny. Mr. Trickfox, I have a DVD for you and will get it to you soon. Please don't feel that I have reneged on my promise. Mr. AM, you are a most gifted person, I would not feel good about your leaving the forums, and I would hope that you would be able to join a gathering so that we can meet face to face. Mr. Kevin B, I sometimes have to read your posts several times before I "get it" and that is not a criticism at all. You also create opportunities for us to learn from your experiences.

I have been away myself as I have been called to do some emergency work with the state department of transportation. I have been working long shifts and just barely have time to eat and sleep before it is time to drive back to the site again. My days are 12 hours on site, mostly standing. My travel time is about 1 1/2 hours, so that doesn't leave me much time to eat and sleep. Now that I have three days off, I have errands to run, bills to pay, and will catch up on email and web activities when the priorities are handled. And I will be back on site again after the holiday weekend starting at 3:00 AM.

With the continuing high cost of fuel, it is costing me over $100.00 for fours days travel to and from work. We all are paying the price I know. It's imperative to the economic stability of our world to design and make available alternatives. We all need to eat and therefore all need to profit from our endeavors. Thank you Mr. Mikado for pointing that out, as my post may have conveyed an idea of just putting technology into the public domain. I just didn't want to replace one monopoly with another.

I consider the regular contributors to these forum threads part of an extended family of sorts, and like most real families, we have our differences and "spats" about those differences. But I do feel also, that like most families, we have to learn to put those differences aside so that we can focus on a common goal. I don't know for sure that we can accomplish what I have in mind, but my intuitiveness tells me that we do.

Fred