Chapter 65: Good Morning, Sweetie Peach

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Chapter 65: Good Morning, Sweetie Peach

Post by Paul S. »

is ready for prime time:

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... Peach.html

...and the good news is, with this one I got a head start on the next two so... it should not be nearly as long before the next couple of installments are ready.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

talk about being dedicated

Post by Victoria Steele »

Dr. Brown is demonstrating here what has been the driving force with him. Nearly compulsive dedication and I can see that if it hadn't been for first Josephine and then Linda, he would never had been able to stay the distance. An amazing and very personal glimpse. I love the bang bang down the hallway! Wonderful Chapter. Leaving us all hanging wanting more. I hope that you realize this!!!! Good that it won't be a long wait!!!! Thanks Paul!!!! Victoria
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Paul S,
Brilliant,
I was transported into the place as though it was real.
I was in the walnut lift, driving up the hill with them, saw the bird in the gilded cage,
http://www.petcaretips.net/canary-coal-mine.html
Felt like poking the pesky accountant in the eye,
And I could feel the pain and the loss of Morgan.
Thars got a reet way wit wurds .
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Trickfox
The Magician

again

Post by Trickfox »

TO BE CONTINUED (oh sh*t that again)

Reminds me of the old "Lost-in-space" series on TV. I was allways engrossed into the plots and when the music stopped and those three little words were seen, I would get angry every time.

This story is worth it anyway, and it's not like I would have a chance to miss the continuation. Unlike in the TV series, where I often never got to see the continuation because my older sibblings controlled the TV stations we had to watch.

Good cliff hanger anyway Paul.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi...What a treat... lots of personal stuff and not much technology. But it gave us a glimpse at just how exhausting and frustrating the creation of new science-based "stuff" usually is all of the time. Yes, a mystery about the dosimeter stuff. What else was Decker Labs into, anybody else know ? Perhaps they were doing small scale radioactive stuff for the Government elsewhere in the compound. That's about the only thing that makes sense to me.

There seemed to be lots of that sort of small/medium scale project and sensitive R&D going on in the Philly 'burbs at this time. Burroughs was building the first large scale parallel processor computer in Paoli about this same time. It, ILLIAC IV, ended up at Moffett Field in Sunnyvale CA in 1971 and operated until 1984. The institution I worked for at the time was the prime contractor out of DARPA and the Air Force. Even got to make a few trips to the pentagon myself.

For anyone who's interested, there's a really well done four part series on the LA Times website about the workings in a brain research lab at UC Irvine that's very reminiscent of the routines described here. Just search for the name "Lynch" on the site.

I was a litttle surprised at Spirito and Puscheck's presence as lab assistants. Is it anyone else's impression that this was likely also a security strategy by the nameless Nassau group ? It seemed that way to me. Anyway Paul, it was so well done, and I'm lookng forward to the next chapter as are all the rest of us here.

And what a great sense of humor exhibited by Townsend Brown ! I especially enjoyed the line about his not liking the thought of riding up and down in a pine box. Just great !

flow....
Dancing is better than marching
grinder
Senior Officer

security measures

Post by grinder »

Paul,

There is no mention of the security agent that lived with the family while they were living at the house near Malvern ( Ashlawn) so I am assuming that Charles Miller was still in San Francisco ... where he apparently took some of the office equipment of Dr. Browns. Amazing foresight when you think about it, to send important records and files on to California when you are not planning to be there yourself for the foreseeable future. Or did Dr. Brown know that he would be there in 1967. Just the next year. Apparently Linda had no clue about a move to California or I think that her journals might have mentioned it?

Is it possible that Charles Miller was also operating out of Key West? For the Nassau Group? Or do you think he might have been in the Philadelphia area then too, again?

And maybe you are right Flow, perhaps they ( Spirito and Puscheck) were there as strictly security for Dr. Brown.

Or perhaps just assuring the Nassau Groups interests in this situation.

Whatever was going on I really don't think that he was building another loudspeaker. It might have LOOKED like that to those around them but I doubt that you need a "dosimeter badge" to play the " Sound of Music"

Linda mentions that her Dad was spending much time and energy and even going in on Sundays. And somehow the " crew" that he had around him seems only to answer to him. The dispensible " lab assistants" and Linda (which I am sure was the most charming) ... still they do not seem to be working for Decker at all. They are working for Dr. Brown, quite obviously. So. one wonders . how many others were part of " his crew" up on that hill? I don't think that the " sideshow" was something disconnected from all of that and I would wager that somehow the Nassau Group had " taken over" the lab on the hill. Unfortunately I am not sure that some of the officials of Deckers were told much at all! Thats what it looks like to me. Next chapter please. Cliffhangers as Trickfox says. Gotta luv em. grinder
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

Caged Peacock and other stuff

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

Paul,
Thanks for the great personal chapter. It was a delight to read about all of Townsend's personal thoughts and relationship w/ Linda. Rarely do we get a glimpse of anyone's nature as you have so aptly drawn.
Bravo!

You may want to fix the paragraph about when Linda woke up and went out with her mom after her mom just got back w/ Townsend. There's a sentence that's duplicated.

And... about that caged peacock.... My impression is that Martin Decker is a control freak, as well as an obessive compulsive person. Locking up any animal is cruel, but a beautiful wild bird like that is just absurd. It does speak volumes about his character, personality, and even his spiritual traits. I am looking forward to parts 2 and 3 of this story!!!

It must be interesting for Linda to discover that all her hard work at the Decker lab was just a cover for the campaign of disinformation. Even if he was truly trying to develop a marketable product, this wasn't Townsend's first desire, not even close. Ashtray...

It's nice to be able to get inside Brown's head for a little while....

LBL
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: Caged Peacock and other stuff

Post by Langley »

Wow Paul. Again, really excellent. Reminded of
http://users.chariot.net.au/~debpeter/quadrpt.html
(using high voltage power supply)
and
the sound field generated by
http://www.carlssonplanet.com/coalscuttle.php

But of course with Dr Brown own unique tech
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Harvest?

Post by Victoria Steele »

Flow,

A new acquaintance of mine asked me to ask you if you were at all familiar with something called the " Harvest Program". He is quite up on that kind of stuff. (Beyond me) but he wanted me to ask you since you made this statement:

There seemed to be lots of that sort of small/medium scale project and sensitive R&D going on in the Philly 'burbs at this time. Burroughs was building the first large scale parallel processor computer in Paoli about this same time. It, ILLIAC IV, ended up at Moffett Field in Sunnyvale CA in 1971 and operated until 1984. The institution I worked for at the time was the prime contractor out of DARPA and the Air Force. Even got to make a few trips to the pentagon myself."

I myself do not know what a parallel processor computer is but I do find it sort of strange that Dr. Brown apparently lived in both Paoli and then later in his life in Sunnyvale, California! Now thats an odd pair of towns doncha think?

This gentleman supplied me with THAT information so I hope that I am not speaking out of turn in taking his word for it and I hope that I am accurate. Paul? Did Dr. Brown ever live in Sunnyvale? Strikes me that for some reason Flow this gentleman seems to think that you might just be the person who might know what he is talking about.

You meet the most interesting people sometimes.

Following up on this lead for you Paul. Started with a simple conversation about the book and my interest in it and this older gentleman piped up .... "I knew Townsend Brown when he lived in Sunnyvale. He was working with an engineer out of Moffet who was my best friend. We used to meet at the St. James Infirmiry." But he didn't tell me what the heck he meant by that! So I am going to try to get his name for you Paul so that you could follow up. He said something about something called the Harvest Project. Anybody out there know any more on this. Whats the St. James Infirmary fer Chris Sakes? I thought I would tell Flow about this especially since he did seem to think you would know what he was talking about. Especially because of the odd mention of Moffet in your message. What was "ILLIAC 1V?" Victoria
grinder
Senior Officer

major stockholders?

Post by grinder »

Thats REALLY interesting.

Spirito and Puscheck. The two men Linda had already met in Florida and who she knew her father and others from Nassau referred to them as " OUR men at Deckers" and now in the summer of 1966 they are working as simple lab assistants to Dr. Brown. Treated not very cordially I can see by the head of the Decker Company

BUT MAJOR stockholders? So when did this happen? I'll just bet that was the " buy in" for the use of that hill top lab for the summer or as long as it might have taken to get done whatever they were doing. But that begs the REAL question Paul. What the heck were they doing there.? Two more chapters in this set? When .???... I am am as bad as Trickfox and Victoria. Whats going to happen Paul? and can you tell us in any way whats REALLY going on?

In Vegas you mentioned the Cutlass? Is this where she comes in????? grinder
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Victoria:

No, I've never heard of a "Harvest Program", but it sounds kinda biblical to me.

"St. James Infirmary' is a favorite blues tune of mine, and there's a bar in the south loop in Chicago by that name. I do recollect that TTB Lived in Atherton when he was doing stuff at Stanford, which is just North of Moffett Field, which is just north of Sunnyvale. Bet there's a bar by that name out there also.

ILLIAC IV was the fourth of four pioneering computers that were designed and built by the University of Illinois. A massively parallel computer, of which this was the first, breaks problems down into equivalent parts and then processes the parts in a parallel fashion thus speeding up processing time exponentially. The computer had 64 processors, even though the project head wanted to do 128, He was a former student of Von Neumann, so you could say he knew his stuff. However, there just wasn't enough time or money to do the bigger version. The latest version of IBM's "Blue" series of parallel processor computers is the fastest in the world these days and has thousands of processors working in parallel. But the ILLIAC was the only big dog in the early 70's before Mr. Cray and Fujitsu went big time.

The computer and its peripheral PDP 11 machines, which were used to route data in and out of the main processors, also ended up as nodes on ARPANET, the earliest iteration of the internet system.The computer was used to do weather forecasting and for black ops stuff. About 20% of its time was dedicated to basic research problems. I was just a lowly bean counter.

cheers....Flow.... 8)
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

HI...Here's more than anyone wants to know about ILLIAC computers, and specifically ILLIAC IV....

flow.... :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ILLIAC

http://ed-thelen.org/comp-hist/vs-illiac-iv.html#Photo
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: Harvest?

Post by Langley »

Victoria Steele wrote:Flow,

A new acquaintance of mine asked me to ask you if you were at all familiar with something called the " Harvest Program". He is quite up on that kind of stuff. (Beyond me) but he wanted me to ask you since you made this statement: Victoria
HARVEST:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvest_(computer)
The IBM 7950, also known as Harvest, was a one-of-a-kind adjunct to the Stretch computer which was installed at the US National Security Agency (NSA). Built by IBM, it was delivered in 1962 and operated until 1976, when it was decommissioned. Harvest was designed to be used for cryptanalysis

Used by Project SHAMROCK. HARVEST could produce WATCHLISTS.

http://fly.hiwaay.net/~pspoole/echelon.html
Project SHAMROCK

In 1945 Project SHAMROCK was initiated to obtain copies of all telegraphic information exiting or entering the United States. With the full cooperation of RCA, ITT and Western Union (representing almost all of the telegraphic traffic in the US at the time), the NSA's predecessor and later the NSA itself wereprovided with daily microfilm copies of all incoming, outgoing and transiting telegraphs. This system changed dramatically when the cable companies began providing magnetic computer tapes to the agency that enabled the agency to run all the messages through its HARVEST computer to look for particular keywords, locations, senders or addressees.

Project SHAMROCK became so successful that the in 1966 NSA and CIA set up a front company in lower Manhattan (where the offices of the telegraph companies were located) under the codename LPMEDLEY. At the height of Project SHAMROCK, 150,000 messages a month were printed and analyzed by NSA agents.<33>

NSA Director Lew Allen brought Project SHAMROCK to a crashing halt in May 1975 as congressional critics began to rip open the program’s shroud of secrecy. The testimony of both the representatives from the cable companies and of Director Allen at the hearings prompted Senate Intelligence Committee chairman Sen. Frank Church to conclude that Project SHAMROCK was “probably the largest government interception program affecting Americans ever undertaken.â€
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Thanks for that Langley. Wasn't it the WHO who musically admonished us so that "...we won't be fooled again" ?

flow.... :cry:
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

flowperson wrote:Thanks for that Langley. Wasn't it the WHO who musically admonished us so that "...we won't be fooled again" ?

flow.... :cry:
Ha ha. Yea, and I cant even play a mean pinball either but Im learning heaps here.

Paul is absolutely definitely onto something here, as he is revealing a trail so clear to place into other sources. Its really interesting checking this stuff out.

Lets hope the good guys keep doing things, tech is neutral, its not the letter of the law that counts but the spirit. What started as a just fight against external enemies now requires a watchful and aware population.

We dont have a Bill of Rights in Australia. Just the Queen. So if I get squashed by a massively parallel Terra Data Super computer in error, I dont think a letter to HRH or even Charlie would help me much.

But the stuff is a potent weapon against enemies of the state.

Enemy of the state.

Ruby Ridge meets Osama Bin Laden. I wish us all the best of luck in getting the balance and spirit right so the enemies of the People are the ones, and the only ones, who are seen as Enemies of the State.

Has there ever been a time when the people were the enemy.

Ohio. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVi-DXOfnAM

Weeps.

Still, it is a potent protector with binary teeth, not bullets.