Chapter 65: Good Morning, Sweetie Peach

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi...Living out here in the eastern Mojave, all we're hearing about is the Fossett thing. Didn't know that he and TTB were friends back in the day.

That makes two, count 'em, two tragedies to befall Branson's enterprises in this area in the past two months or so. There was that tank of nitrogen that blew up over by Barstow 4-6 weeks ago that killed three of Branson's people, and now this. How would nitrogen blow up anyway, unless it was some sort of pressure regulation problem, since it is a non-flammable inert gas ?

I was just telling someone that it's all just a llittle too coincidental for me, but then that's the way I see things like this these days. Jealousy is a very destructive emotion.

flow.... :(
Dancing is better than marching
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Wasn't it nitrous oxide that let loose?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: curiosity or what?

Post by Langley »

I was being tongue in cheek. Seeing as Sydney is under lock down due to APEC at the moment. And one of my favourite comedy teams got arrested ffor impersonating the Canadian delegation dressed as gentlemen from Tora Bora...

Still I dont suppose US networks carry much Australian news.

Of course Australia has had it share of TT Brown type people. And as an ex Australian soldier Im not gonna shut up just because I have interests in events beyond my borders. I see no need to justify my demonstration of free will and free choice in the free market of ideas. And as current affairs shows, if ever there was a time to understand both the creative process, and alternate technologies and inter cultural exchange, its now.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 01,00.html

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 09,00.html
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: curiosity or what?

Post by Mikado14 »

Langley wrote: I was being tongue in cheek. Seeing as Sydney is under lock down due to APEC at the moment. And one of my favourite comedy teams got arrested ffor impersonating the Canadian delegation dressed as gentlemen from Tora Bora...

Still I dont suppose US networks carry much Australian news.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 01,00.html

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 09,00.html
In the process of posting, I see you deleted part of your post so I will not respond to that portion. On second thought, I think I will since you retained the post subject. My question to you about your curiosity was sincere. I thought perhaps you lived here at some point or your just might have had relatives here or that you might have been on to something in relation to the book, apparently not. Should I apologize for asking a sincere question and remaining in ignorance? I think I will continue to ask irregardless of your reaction or anyone else's, by not asking one will always remain ignorant. Your quick trigger or knee jerk reactions must provide you with a colorful life style.
Langley wrote:Of course Australia has had it share of TT Brown type people.

Are you implying something here? What significance to what I said does this statement have?

Langley wrote: And as an ex Australian soldier Im not gonna shut up just because I have interests in events beyond my borders.
From my point of view, everyone, soldier or citizen, is free to have interests and you are assuming, as you have a propensity to do, that I implied that you should "shut up". Nothing could be farther from the truth. Now if you are referencing my second post I feel that the discussion of any politics is not the purpose of this forum unless it is related to the book that Paul is doing. To discuss opposing points of view of a politcal nature would very well distract the "creative process" you have mentioned and would inhibit the search for the story and truth of Dr. Brown. If you don't believe me, read all the posts ever made and you will see very little in the way of politics being discussed, just the life of Dr. Brown and related subjects.

Langley wrote: I see no need to justify my demonstration of free will and free choice in the free market of ideas. And as current affairs shows, if ever there was a time to understand both the creative process, and alternate technologies and inter cultural exchange, its now.
I never asked you to justify, again, I asked what your curiosity of intrapolitics of the United States were. As to your second sentence, you have a dichotomy going on. You can ask questions but I cannot.

Can we at least agree to disagree? Can you not see the very process you are talking about is taking place between us? We are discussing opposing points of view, we are communicating........and we are learning about each other, whether you want to or not.

Well, as for me, may the dialogue continue.

Mikado

PS: I do watch the news.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Yeah M14, I believe that it was nitrous oxide...heh,heh... and I do find in Wiki that it can be used as an oxidizer in rocket motors...thanks.

"Rocket motors .
Nitrous oxide can be used as an oxidizer in a rocket engine. This has the advantages over other oxidizers that it is non-toxic and, due to its stability at room temperature, easy to store and relatively safe to carry on a flight.

Nitrous oxide has been the oxidizer of choice in several hybrid rocket designs (using solid fuel with a liquid or gaseous oxidizer). The combination of nitrous oxide with hydroxyl-terminated polybutadiene fuel has been used by SpaceShipOne and others. It is also notably used in amateur and high power rocketry with various plastics as the fuel. An episode of MythBusters featured a hybrid rocket built using a paraffin/powdered carbon mixture (and later salami) as its solid fuel and nitrous oxide as its oxidizer.

Nitrous oxide can also be used in a monopropellant rocket. In the presence of a heated catalyst, N2O will decompose exothermically into nitrogen and oxygen, at a temperature of approximately 1300 °C. In a vacuum thruster, this can provide a monopropellant specific impulse (Isp) of as much as 180s. While noticeably less than the Isp available from hydrazine thrusters (monopropellant or bipropellant with nitrogen tetroxide), the decreased toxicity makes nitrous oxide an option worth investigating."

As for respecting the "Office of the President" I thoroughly agree with the concept, but IMHO, that's been very hard for many of us to do the past few years owing to the antics of the current Administration, especially with regard to the exercise of powers connected with the President's role as Commander in Chief.

Hey Langley...I believe that you, as a citizen of Earth, have an indisputable right to question and comment upon any of the crazy and distorted stuff that goes on here across the pond in the U.S. What we American do or do not do as a national power definitely affects global conditions and issues because everything's interconnected.

Lord knows, we're all in the pickle we're in these days because enough of us in the U.S. didn't wake up and collectively appropriately question authority when we should have.

flow....:roll:
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Fossett thing

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

As I am writing this I am hoping that the gentleman will be found safe and sound but I agree with you grady. It is not looking at all good. Of course I immediately thought of Topaz Lake... but you would certainly think that someone would have seen a plane ditch there and even if that was missed it shoulld have left some debris.

The fellow was a walking sensor and transmitting station. With friends in very high places with very sharp eyes. Makes no sense how it could all go so dark so fast.

Dr. Brown had an interest in the work that the young Fossett accomplished years before. ( I believe he and Dr. Browns daughter are about the same age, within a year or two and I am sure that his path and Morgans would have crossed more than once.) I believe both of them had a tradition of " walking away" and surviving what would look impossible to other people so I expect thats what the hope is now up in Minden. Only Time Will Tell. I guess.

Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Since You Asked

Post by Paul S. »

ladygrady wrote:what is happening here everybody? Paul? Elizabeth? Thursday?
Grady, everybody...

I was called down to Texas this past weekend on a family emergency. My wife's father -- 87 yrs old -- has been diagnosed with what will surely be his "final illness" and the prognosis is not good. "Treatment options" are still being debated. At the very least that whole situation is going to be a factor for the foreseeable future. It's a "state of flux," to put it mildly.

The big head start I thought I had on the next couple of chapters got pretty much lost; here it is Friday already, and I am JUST getting back in the saddle. So it's going to be middle of next week before another installment is ready for prime time.

And, while I had little time to write while I was in Dallas, I did have a lot of time to think, and I pretty well mentally mapped out the path to the final chapters. Consequently one of the chapters I thought I was working on now is going to get pushed back a bit.

So, uh, that's the story, and now I should probably get back to work...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Paul S,
Tough times= the tough get going.
Hard for anyone to answer that post, best wish's across a big pond.

Kevin
fibonacci is king
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

tough times

Post by Victoria Steele »

You know of course that you and Ann have our best wishes.

Family stuff like this is just tough and there is no getting around it.

Pass lovingly given for this week and for as long as you need. We all know that you will get back to the story when you are able. And you know that we will be here.

Victoria
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Paul...Been there and done it all a few times. Tough stuff, but we're here for anything that we can help with .

My heartfelt best wishes to you and your family.

flow....
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi again...when things don't go well I am always renewed by music, and this has always been my favorite song.

IMHO, it is perfection in every way, melody, harmony, lyrics , the wholeness of its message...and never fails to lift me up to a different place.

The first version is a slide show of magnificent sailing ships ( no wonder they're always referred to as "she"). The second version is from a CSN live performance in LA in 1983.

Enjoy!....flow.... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNKg8Ex4Xr0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlVNod_krsM
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

flowperson wrote:
Hey Langley...I believe that you, as a citizen of Earth, have an indisputable right to question and comment upon any of the crazy and distorted stuff that goes on here across the pond in the U.S. What we American do or do not do as a national power definitely affects global conditions and issues because everything's interconnected.

Lord knows, we're all in the pickle we're in these days because enough of us in the U.S. didn't wake up and collectively appropriately question authority when we should have.

flow....:roll:
Hi everyone and Flow, thanks. Thing is 1. For all the things people not in the US complain about, fact is the world would be far far worse without the USA than with it. I am sad that my attitude expressed didnt convey that. 2. The main reason people outside the US complain it seems to me is the very openness the US values and communicates. This is unlike any other country. I respect that greatly. 2. I tend to project my own hang ups onto neutral written communications. I will try to filter myself or at least bite on a strap of leather before responding to posts which invoke such a response in me.

The USA fascinates me not in the least because it is a source of information pertinent to my own area of interest. Information which remains censored or controlled in the UK/Australia.

And of course, if TT Brown lived in Australia, a writer would have even greater difficulties accessing documentation. For at least 200 years.

I hope Mr Bush enjoyed his stay here. The "usual suspects" had a high time squirting tomato sauce at the police through the security fences. (A few deviants did worse) but basically a good time was had by all.

This is only loosely relevant to the story of threads, but then again the Western Alliance was a major part of at least some of Paul's work.

Australia isnt perfect either. At least your C in C lives the country, unlike the Windsors. The Queen, who according to the Australian Constitution, remains the head of the Australian government. And in the realm of Societies, isnt it the case even she has to wear black when in entering certain places in London?
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

anybody find it odd?

Post by Victoria Steele »

Does any body find it odd that a man flying a simple hunting plane with limited fuel and limited range would now inspire a 17ooo square mile search area? Speaking of Fossett of course. Is it just me thinking that is just ..... unreal ... and that something else must be going on somewhere here. Do they think that he was hijacked? refueled? something odd ? because that little plane could not have made it to the extent of that search pattern .... unless something very odd has happened? Flow? What have you been hearing. Got to be some conspiracy noises beginning to rumble.

And thats very interesting Langley about the 200 year classification thing there in your country. And we thought that we were bad about that sort of thing. Victoria
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

HI Victoria...Really, all I know about the Fossett thingy is what I snag on the local news casts and read on the net. Yes it is all odd and overly ironic...and IMHO something aimed directly at Sir Richard Branson and the projects that he is attempting to build through the use of his resources to advance various causes of human civilization.

Much of this bad stuff started to begin occurring soon after he announced his opinion that a council of twelve elders might do much better at running the world than the present stage setting of hypocritical flag waving dudes screaming "liberty and democracy"! The question of who/what is doing tha aiming and their intent, other than to destroy Branson's projects and dreams, is certainly an open issue, but the battle ground of all this seems to be in the arid west of the USA at this time. Control issues seem to be at the root of it all, as with most things these days.

flow.... :wink:
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

This may be just coincidence?
But I was offered a scholership to Stowe school in Buckinghamshire.
I was born in 49, and was raised on one of the roughest council estates going.
I am also dyslexic as is branson.
I was initially told that the scholership was offered as i could teach the other pupils boxing.
My father refused to allow me to go, the then headmaster came to our house in his rolls royce, we had hardly even seen a car never mind one like that.
I live near to that school now, it is some place, you never know, I might have punched the brains out of Branson if I had attended?
Kevin
fibonacci is king